I finally got a chance to look over the “Talk:Building the survey” you PMed to me. This thing is coming along really well. I can’t think of a thing you’ve overlooked. I really like the idea of assuring participants, up front, that their answers can not be linked to their user name. This should help ensure the accuracy of the survey. Because it is time consuming to take in the first place I doubt anyone would go to the trouble of lying about their gains, as they may very well do in posts and threads. Assuring their anonymity will most likely preserve the integrity of the survey.
Sorry I haven’t been on the wiki except for the link you sent me, nor have I had time to read through this entire thread, however just scrolling through I can see you all have been working very hard on getting it right this time. Have you all worked out a way to make sure each member can only take the survey once? I?sThundmemdmemdmem mem or any of the technical mods should be able to set it up this way. I know the polls we post as threads have that kind of safeguard. Will it be possible for anyone using a proxy server to manipulate the survey in a way to push products or devices? I really don’t think that happened on the first survey, but because we made such a fuss about the possibility of doing so, scam artists or pill pushers out there, may have been tipped off to this idea now. They certainly have had plenty of time to think about ways to jeopardize the results, and now that such persons know they have a chance to do this with the second survey, it may well happen. Wish I could be of more help, but due to time constraints just haven’t the time. But you guys are doing a great job.
BG, thanks for the kind words my friend. The programmer is taking care of all that, so don’t you worry. From what I hear, his programming skills are so good, even the FBI is worried of what he will hack into next ;)
It is also important to tie questions about supplements to the time at which they were taken. Were they taken during the newbie period, or later. Perhaps we could include questions about supplements along with those for the routines, so that we can see not only if supplements are effective but also when they are effective.
This idea sounds great. It is surely implementable. We would have to set up a “time table” of course. Maybe breaking down the stages of PE..
1. Should question 4 about beginning LOT be moved to Section I, so it can be with all the other starting specs?
2. I’m confused by question 6. I think it’s the same issue as above. Should “before” stuff be moved to Section I and “after” stuff moved to Section III, or do we want to keep before and after in one section?
Section I isn’t necessarily a “before PE,” section. It is the basic PE Outcome section. Section III is the Detailed Outcome section. It includes the detailed questions (i.e. LOT)
3. Question 8 should ask about “curvature” rather than “shape.” My shape has changed but my curvature hasn’t.
4. Question 9 (color) might be expanded upon to distinguish general color of the organ from discoloration markings. My general color is about the same, but I have blackish bands under my circ scar from hanging.
5. For question 10, respondents should be requried to have at least 4 or 5 months of PE under their belts before the qualify to answer questions about plateaus.
I disagree. Who is to say a newbie can’t have a plateau? I think disqualifying members, because WE THINK, they shouldn’t have had a plateau yet is unethical.
6. Substitute “hardness” for “quality” and “strength” in question 11.
7. For question 12, a person can’t know if they “required” a break. They can only know whether they took one and whether they gained or not afterwards.
8. For question 13, the term, “past injuries” sounds like it might mean “pre-PE injuries.” Perhaps it should read, “Please include each recurrence of an injury as a separate injury for purposes of this count.”
9. Under question 1 for “Thrombosed Veins,” are you sure you want to allow people in the midst of a recurperative break to respond? It seems that that will skew the data to a smaller than correct number. I have the same comment for the other injuries.
6 & 7, I agree.
8. Agree with the idea that past injuries does include the idea of all past injuries, even PRE-PE. I see someone added your change to wiki. Was it you, or are we now using wiki to update?
9. Agree. I think we should add a question asking the user if they are still recovering from the injury.
Reference for myself, and others:
*Add a question/questions regarding the time (or time period) supplements where taken.
* Change question 8 to curvature
* Clarify discoloration in question 9
* For question 11, substitute “hardness” for “quality,” and “strength.”
* Change the wording for question 12. People can't know if they “required a break.”
* Change question 13 to “How many times in your PE career have you experienced an injury severe enough to require you to majorly reduce or take a break from your PE regimen for at least 3 days? Please include recurrences of past injuries in your count. Please enter a zero (0) if you have never been injured through PE. ____ times”
* In the injuries section add a question asking the user of they are still recovering from the injury. If yes, they cannot answer the current question # 1 will list, “How many weeks ago where you injured?”