Thunder's Place

The big penis and mens' sexual health source, increasing penis size around the world.

Knowing whether you are limited by Dorsal Thickening/Septum

Originally Posted by TrouserWhale

All these theories are interesting, but my question is whether or not those who definitely have this cord have seen any gains at all beyond the point it became a factor? I’ve been holding off measuring, but it “feels” like I’ve made some progress by jelqing just before stretches, in my imagination having broken down the tissues before they are stretched. I also feel the cord least when I do BTC stretches so I’ve been doing extra sets of those. I’m scheduled to measure on Mar 20th, but definitely worried I’ll be disappointed. If I can see just a few mm’s I’ll be encouraged.


I definitely think progress can be made despite the “cord” (we really have to come up with a good name for it now that Marinera has discredited “dorsal thickening”). Look at Saiyan22 (who has the cord): saiyan22 - Saiyan22 New Gains With Pics And Comparisons . Despite it, he’s made considerable gains. The thing with the cord is that if you ignore its existence and PE without focusing on what you need to do to elongate it you WILL be wasting your time. I am a good example of that as in the past I hung SD for long amounts of time with no gains. Having the cord, its important to recognize it as your limiting factor and design a routine around it that will systematically elongate it. Ultimately, I’m saying this “Work smarter, not harder, because in this case, working harder may get you nothing at all”.


The only power a woman has over you is that which you give her.

Hey guys. With the situation on the dorsal thickening cord I think the reason why I haven’t run into this problem is because of the hanging method that I do. With my upward hanging angle with the hanger attached close to the base the tension is being placed squarely on the tunica tissue towards the base and within the base running along the scrotum area. I don’t know how far within the pubic bone the dorsal cord runs back but I think with my hanging method I may be bi passing the cord and streching the penile tissue behind the cord and through out the scrotum area. For a clearer visual or understanding of what I’m talking about when I say inner penile tissue within the scrotum, simply masterbate to a full erection and then stick your finger in the ball sack and rub around with in this area. When you stick your finger deep within the ball sack while having a full erection you should feel that your erect penis is still running with in the scrotum until it comes to an end before reaching the anus. I could be wrong but I think my hanging method may be the reason for me not running into the dorsal problem.


(Starting size) (NBPEL: 8 Inches), (BPEL: 8.5 Inches) (BPFSL: Didn't measure then), (Midshaft Girth: 5.2 Inches), (Base Girth: 5.5 Inches)
(Current size) (NBPEL: 9.3 Inches), (BPEL: 9.7 Inches), (BPFSL: 10.3 Inches), (Midshaft Girth: 5.8 Inches), (Base Girth: 6.35 Inches)
(Final Goal) To be the next Mandingo LOL.

Banned.

Originally Posted by Alrdybig
I definitely think progress can be made despite the “cord” (we really have to come up with a good name for it now that Marinera has discredited “dorsal thickening”).

When did Marinera discredit the “dorsal thickening?” It may feel like a “cord,” but cord is not the technically correct name for it.

Originally Posted by Alrdybig
Look at Saiyan22 (who has the cord): saiyan22 - Saiyan22 New Gains With Pics And Comparisons . Despite it, he’s made considerable gains. The thing with the cord is that if you ignore its existence and PE without focusing on what you need to do to elongate it you WILL be wasting your time. I am a good example of that as in the past I hung SD for long amounts of time with no gains. Having the cord, its important to recognize it as your limiting factor and design a routine around it that will systematically elongate it. Ultimately, I’m saying this “Work smarter, not harder, because in this case, working harder may get you nothing at all”.

Yes. You’re wasting your time if you’re not addressing your limiting factors. I think a good approach is to consider that the DT (dorsal thickening) has a left side and a right side, divided by the septum, and it runs roughly the entire length of the shaft.

A “divide and conquer” approach can be applied. Although the DT may be too tough to tackle as a whole, it may be surmountable by dividing it in half. I like the idea of alternatively hanging to the left and to the right, preferably with a large-diameter fulcrum. The fulcrum can be placed at the side of the shaft to amplify stress on the opposing DT. You want your dick to extend straight out and level, and then turn to the left or right (remaining level) as it passes the fulcrum.


Enter your measurements in the PE Database.

Originally Posted by TrouserWhale
I wonder if those who don’t seem to feel this just haven’t stretched all the surrounding tissue sufficiently to reach the point that the “cord” becomes a factor. It could be that for some of us our pre-pe or genetic length is limited by this from the start or early on while others have a significant (cord) length but have been limited by surrounding tissue. Am I making any sense?

Absolutely, and I suspect you are correct. I gained an inch before I started really to focus on my DT. Looking back, I can’t tell you whether I even noticed it before then. Maybe the rest of my penis had to catch up before it became an issue.


Enter your measurements in the PE Database.


Last edited by ModestoMan : 03-16-2010 at .

Originally Posted by saiyan22
Hey guys. With the situation on the dorsal thickening cord I think the reason why I haven’t run into this problem is because of the hanging method that I do. With my upward hanging angle with the hanger attached close to the base the tension is being placed squarely on the tunica tissue towards the base and within the base running along the scrotum area. I don’t know how far within the pubic bone the dorsal cord runs back but I think with my hanging method I may be bi passing the cord and streching the penile tissue behind the cord and through out the scrotum area. For a clearer visual or understanding of what I’m talking about when I say inner penile tissue within the scrotum, simply masterbate to a full erection and then stick your finger in the ball sack and rub around with in this area. When you stick your finger deep within the ball sack while having a full erection you should feel that your erect penis is still running with in the scrotum until it comes to an end before reaching the anus. I could be wrong but I think my hanging method may be the reason for me not running into the dorsal problem.

I gained an inch, starting from 6.5” BPEL, before the DT really started giving me trouble. From your signature, I see that you’ve also gained an inch, but starting from 8.5” BPEL. Proportionally, you’ve gained much less than I have. If your gains follow the same pattern that mine did, I suspect you’ll see another 1/4” or so of length gains before your DT really becomes a problem.


Enter your measurements in the PE Database.

I have this “cord” and an upward curve as-well. Im pretty sure this is why I have been unable to gain length.

How bad do you think my dorsal thickening is if the tension on the dorsal part, on a scale of 1-10 is a 9, and the underside is 7. Do you think this is inhibiting my length? Ive been following this thread, and maybe I missed it, but has anyone come up with a way around it?

Originally Posted by UM1991
How bad do you think my dorsal thickening is if the tension on the dorsal part, on a scale of 1-10 is a 9, and the underside is 7. Do you think this is inhibiting my length? Ive been following this thread, and maybe I missed it, but has anyone come up with a way around it?

There’s only one way to tell, and that’s to try to gain and see if it works. A 9 versus a 7 is not a huge difference. Mine is more like 9 to 1 :( .


Enter your measurements in the PE Database.

Mine runs center, and I don’t have an upward or downward curve. It’s like pulling on a steel cable, I’ve also heard it described as a piano string. I measure Mar 20th, which will be first measurement in 3 months. If there are no gains, or very little I think I’m going to add bundled stretches to my routine.

Originally Posted by ModestoMan
There’s only one way to tell, and that’s to try to gain and see if it works. A 9 versus a 7 is not a huge difference. Mine is more like 9 to 1 :( .

Modesto, in that last post I was guestimating from previous sessions without ever having gauged it. During todays sessions I specifically tried to quantify it and I overestimated the tension on the underside of my shaft. Its more like 9 to 3. I found that focusing your attention on pulling the underside of the shaft (if using an overhand ok grip)with your index finger and pulling the glans slightly uperward helps create more tension.

Originally Posted by djrobins
On some of the guys here,”saiyan22” for example when performing a BPFSL stretch, the penis stretches really thin and long, like a pencil, but not quite. The appearance is that the BPFSL is not limited by much internally.

Others of us will do a BPFSL stretch and get a nice long stretch, but the penis is still somewhat fat and girthy. Inside the penis is a hard “steel cord” feeling entity, which appears to limit further length gains. A couple of guys have broken their septum or dorsal thickening on accident, which allowed it to stretch out further, obviously in injury.

What I wanted to contribute to the members, was that if your penis stretches long and thin during a BPFSL stretch then you probably do not have the septum or dorsal thickening limiting your gains.

If your penis stretches, but is still girthy during a BPFSL stretch and you feel a “steel cord” is limiting it from stretching further and thinner, that your limit to gains is likely the septum or dorsal thickening.

While none of this is an exact science, common thought is that doing fulcrum hanging with heat on the radius will allow the septum or dorsal thickening to stretch further. The V-stretch also will work to stretching the septum or dorsal thickening.

The fulcrum should have a thickness in between a drum stick and a 1” wooden dowel, but no bigger, because the radius must be extreme to cause stretch in the septum/dorsal thickening. Were “folding” the penis over the fulcrum, and at the fold will be higher localized stress than straight up hanging.

In doing the fulcrum hanging workout you will adjust your pivot point. I usually start close to my pelvis, drape the penis over the fulcrum while seated. I put a heated rice sock on the folded portion of the penis and hang for 5 to 10 minutes. I move the pivot point forward 1/2” to 1”, usually hanging at 6 to 8 different pivot points during the session.

I will also do a long hang after doing a fulcrum session, I feel it helps.

If septum/dorsal thickening has been the limiter, fulcrum hanging will release new gains. I gained 3/8” last summer after being plateaued for nearly 6 months.

I hope this is helpful and easily understood.

When I stretch mine out it seems thin and long but I used my finger and thumb to feel about and I can definitely feel something hard going throughout it, like the steel cord you say. Are you sure everyone doesn’t have this?

I have already recently added in Aided Inverted V Stretches but when I’m pulling my dick over the stick the bottom(CS side) aches in certain places. Is that normal?

Originally Posted by king-ding
I have this “cord” and an upward curve as-well. I’m pretty sure this is why I have been unable to gain length.

I haven’t read all the replies but I definitely feel a steel like cord in there. I would think everyone would have that, it’s like the inner penis isn’t it? Oh and I also have an upwards curve, quite a big one when I measure the outer curve it’s far longer than the inner curve and I have gained a decent amount and still gaining I think!

Wow, this is exactly what i have. Mine runs down the left side of my cock, it’s about a 1/4” wide and it feels like it has ridges that run the whole length. By the way i have a left curve and recently developed an upward curve from pe.

I know this is my limiting factor, because a gained an inch from pumping and an another 1/4” from hanging and all of a sudden i lost 3/4”! My girl was like dam what the hell happened to your penis? It was so embarrassing all i could do was cry silently to myself. Damn that cord, mocking me, not letting me achieve my perfect cock.

Now i’m on a decon break, doing research to come up with a solution to that dam frigging cord that’s holding me back. I was so pissed off i was going to swear off of pe forever. I’m glad i read this thread, it gives me hope.

I will start again in April with a new plan of attack.

Originally Posted by ModestoMan
Absolutely, and I suspect you are correct. I gained an inch before I started really to focus on my DT. Looking back, I can’t tell you whether I even noticed it before then. Maybe the rest of my penis had to catch up before it became an issue.

That’s interesting. To me that suggests that it’s not so much who has and who does not have this ‘structure’ but that some people seem to have much shorter forms of it resulting in the upward curve phenotype.

Like a Cord Breve or something hehe. Obviously it’s governed by genetic factors and has a signifficant amount of variability within the population. The fact that you weren’t previously aware of it but after the rest of your penis ‘caught up’ and it becoming predominant supports this. I imagine some people will never notice it even after gaining several inches.

I think it is not necessarilya factor that determines penis length, though it does appear to be one that determines upward curvature, which can limit empirical penis length measurement.

Also I thought Marinara was advocating that it was in fact DT while I was arguing that it was somehow especially an thick septum, which I’m now not so sure about in light of what you’ve just said MM. I still am yet to hear any other suggestions that sound convincing to me, so I’m gonna continue to simply refer to it as ‘the cord’.

Originally Posted by GalloDulce
Wow, this is exactly what i have. Mine runs down the left side of my cock, it’s about a 1/4” wide and it feels like it has ridges that run the whole length. By the way i have a left curve and recently developed an upward curve from pe.

I know this is my limiting factor, because a gained an inch from pumping and an another 1/4” from hanging and all of a sudden i lost 3/4”! My girl was like dam what the hell happened to your penis? It was so embarrassing all i could do was cry silently to myself. Damn that cord, mocking me, not letting me achieve my perfect cock.

Now i’m on a decon break, doing research to come up with a solution to that dam frigging cord that’s holding me back. I was so pissed off i was going to swear off of pe forever. I’m glad i read this thread, it gives me hope.

I will start again in April with a new plan of attack.

Um actually to be perfectly honest that sounds more like a thrombosed vein, maybe? I’ve heard no one else who has reported it anywhere else except directly along the top of the shaft, and no one else mentioning ridges either, which ARE indicative of thrombosis. It’d also, possibly be a reason for a loss of length e.g. if your penis isn’t being properly oxygenated.

The cord shouldn’t actually cause you to lose length…

Maybe I’m wrong though if you do have a leftward curve I suppose it could be. Does sound a bit strange to me though!


Last edited by Tweaking : 03-18-2010 at .

Originally Posted by Tweaking
That’s interesting. To me that suggests that it’s not so much who has and who does not have this ‘structure’ but that some people seem to have much shorter forms of it resulting in the upward curve phenotype.

Like a Cord Breve or something hehe. Obviously it’s governed by genetic factors and has a signifficant amount of variability within the population. That fact that you weren’t previously aware of it but after the rest of your penis ‘catching up’ and it becoming predominant supports this. I imagine some people will never notice it even after gaining several inches.

I think it is not necessarilya factor that determines penis length, though it does appear to be one that determines upward curvature, which can limit empirical penis length measurement.

I think everyone has a DT because it’s evidently a normal part of the tunica. Perhaps it’s not as distinct and “cord-like” in some guys as in others. Perhaps it becomes more cord-like over the course of ones PE career.

It is tempting to say that a thick DT should suggest an upward curve; however, I’m not sure that’s necessarily the case. The DT becomes especially prominent when pulling on the flaccid penis. Things change during erection, though. Inflation of the CCs may cause the DT to pull in a little and become more lax, since the inflated CCs may be shorter than their flaccid stretched length. An upward curve will not necessarily be evident.


Enter your measurements in the PE Database.

Top

All times are GMT. The time now is 10:38 PM.