Tweaked Hamstring Advice
I know this is in the wrong forum but I don’t have enough post to put it anywhere else. So feel free to move this wherever it may belong.
Well I pulled my hamstring back in mid November pretty bad playing basketball, and stayed off of it until the pain went away about 3 weeks to a month after. I haven’t done much running or stretching since I hurt it but the pain has been gone up until today. I went to the gym, stretched a little and half way through my first basketball game It started hurting again and I decided to stop playing.
My pain level is about a 5 (1-10). I can walk fine for the most part. It hurts a little but I can jog. I can really sprint or cut without it hurting pretty bad.
Here are my questions I’m hoping you guys can answer:
1. I’m icing it now, when should I start putting heat on it?
2. When should I start stretching again and doing some light jogging?
3. How should I go about rehabilitating it so I can be on it a quick as I can?
4. When do you think Ill be able to play basketball again 100%?
5. Any other ways you can think of to heal it as fast as possible.
Normally I wouldn’t bother you guys about a silly hamstring, but I start a basketball tourney in about 2 weeks so I need it healed!
Thanks in advance.