Thunder's Place

The big penis and mens' sexual health source, increasing penis size around the world.

No More Porn For Me

I agree.

Originally Posted by raybbaby
I worked in porn. I still shoot an amateur scene or two every chance I get. I could take issue and argue with every point you state as being so much fact. Except the fact that you viewed it too much and became dependant on it for any and all sexual release. So, I just wish you the best with your new lifestyle. Don’t blame porn, plenty of people enjoy it responsibly.

The key is, like any addiction, when the urge strikes, get yourself involved in something else immediately and the urge will subside or you’ll forget about it.


Since you are my property, the contents of your mind are also my property, and you will give them to me when I ask.

Originally Posted by Stantanus
How’s everyone doing on this one? In the past I’ve gone months without porn and then slip back in and waste way too much time one it. It is definitely an addiction for me at times.

It counter intuitive but sex is so much better without porn. Ok - onto another break from porn. Day 1 starts now.

I’m still on track and loving the results both in terms of my sexual response and connectedness and also the amount of free time I have to pursue other things. I used to read insatiably and I’m getting back into reading and a bunch of other social activities.


100% Porn Free From 06/07/2010

I would definitely disagree with the connection you are making between masturbation and porn. That said, you have inspired me to quit porn for at least 6 months. However, masturbation is a totally different topic. When you do it right, you can challenge yourself in terms of sexual awareness and control, regulate your own urges to prevent you from making bad decisions (like going home with that questionably STD free girl at the bar) and help relieve stress. Anyone with me ?

Okay guys. One simple question here : I really want to stop watching porn, I broke up with my girlfriend and I’ve been single for like 6 months. If I stop watching porn and masturbating, how am I going to relieve myself ? You know what I mean ? I’m 21 and if I don’t masturbate for more than 2-3 days I ‘m getting crazy, starting to watch cute chicks on facebook, after that I’m saying to myself : Who are you kidding and I’ll go on some torrent site, download some porn and that’s it..

I lost a relationship because of porn, I’m pretty convinced.. I couldn’t get a boner the night we had to have sex for the first time with this amazing girl.. Then after that we tried again a week later, and during this week I thought I’ll train myself.. (Stupid me) and did some masturbation/holding exercises, at the end of the week when I actually had to try again with her, I failed and it was pretty much over, we had a fight (not about that) and we changed subject on to why we can’t have sex and then it was really over..

I’m telling you this to explain why exactly I’m trying to stop porn.


Last edited by Cook22 : 09-29-2010 at .

Learn to jerk off with out porn. Christ, how tough can it be?

You have to make the difference between watching porn and ejaculating watching porn..
Ejaculating everyday being alone (outside a vagina) deteriorates your brain and vitality.. A few people is aware of that.. I didn’t masturbate for more than 3 years.(not even once) I’m 23 ( obviously only had have sex in these years.. Real good sex special kind of.) In those 3 years I stopped watching porn also.. Like 2 months ago I masturbate (with ejaculation) for the first time in more that 3 years.. Now I do my PE exercises and also masturbate a little bit every day with out coming..
Of course I ejaculated like every 2 months or so being asleep at night like, with erotic dreams.. But sometimes I reach 6 months without ejaculating (doing this can be problematic if you don’t know how to transform that energy)
Anyway.. Porn is filthy .. But this last year I have watched a few times.. (Only because of technology.. When I was 18 only existed kazaa and those programs, now you make a click and you are watching a movie) All tough I like soft core like watching a beautiful girl showing her body nicely.. Or a couple “making love”.. But not dirty whores or violent sex shit..
I don’t wanna sound extremist, but don’t abuse of ejaculating.. Only keep that in mind..

Better keep away from porn and close to girls..
And if you still want to masturbate.. Don’t use porn for it..

Paulski82 GREAT THREAD!! CONGRATULATIONS !

Originally Posted by Cook22
Okay guys. One simple question here : I really want to stop watching porn, I broke up with my girlfriend and I’ve been single for like 6 months. If I stop watching porn and masturbating, how am I going to relieve myself ? You know what I mean ? I’m 21 and if I don’t masturbate for more than 2-3 days I ‘m getting crazy, starting to watch cute chicks on facebook, after that I’m saying to myself : Who are you kidding and I’ll go on some torrent site, download some porn and that’s it..

Are you serious? How are you going to relieve yourself without porn and jerking it. GIRLS! This is part of the problem. Too many guys are seeing porn and fapping as there only means of sexual release. Reread what you just wrote. You’re saying porn is fucking up your sex life with real women…but rather than deal with that issue (which is the real thing you should be scared of) you’re worried about not being able to use porn. I went for 2 months without watching porn and without orgasm. Yes I got horny. No I didn’t go crazy. Your head will not explode, contrary to popular belief. It takes self control, but it can be done. The longer you go the easier it gets.

And like I said before. This thread is about porn within the context of porn as a form of sexual addition. It’s not advocating no masturbation (although I do believe most of us should be cutting down and reaping the benefits).


100% Porn Free From 06/07/2010

Originally Posted by LionsFan
I would definitely disagree with the connection you are making between masturbation and porn. That said, you have inspired me to quit porn for at least 6 months. However, masturbation is a totally different topic. When you do it right, you can challenge yourself in terms of sexual awareness and control, regulate your own urges to prevent you from making bad decisions (like going home with that questionably STD free girl at the bar) and help relieve stress. Anyone with me ?

Errr what connection specifically? I don’t believe I was trying to make one.


100% Porn Free From 06/07/2010

Originally Posted by raybbaby
Learn to jerk off with out porn. Christ, how tough can it be?

If you’ve read what people are saying on this thread, it’s tough. Your flippant comments aren’t constructive. You like porn. That’s fine. Good for you. We get it. Just spare some sympathy for people who aren’t doing so well because of their abuse of porn. No one is here to block your Internet access to porn or stop you doing what you’re doing. We’re just discussing an issue that’s a problem for us and sharing ideas for recovery…if that’s alright with you.


100% Porn Free From 06/07/2010

Originally Posted by Rayhan
You have to make the difference between watching porn and ejaculating watching porn..
Ejaculating everyday being alone (outside a vagina) deteriorates your brain and vitality.. A few people is aware of that.. I didn’t masturbate for more than 3 years.(not even once) I’m 23 ( obviously only had have sex in these years.. Real good sex special kind of.) In those 3 years I stopped watching porn also.. Like 2 months ago I masturbate (with ejaculation) for the first time in more that 3 years.. Now I do my PE exercises and also masturbate a little bit every day with out coming..
Of course I ejaculated like every 2 months or so being asleep at night like, with erotic dreams.. But sometimes I reach 6 months without ejaculating (doing this can be problematic if you don’t know how to transform that energy)
Anyway.. Porn is filthy .. But this last year I have watched a few times.. (Only because of technology.. When I was 18 only existed kazaa and those programs, now you make a click and you are watching a movie) All tough I like soft core like watching a beautiful girl showing her body nicely.. Or a couple “making love”.. But not dirty whores or violent sex shit..
I don’t wanna sound extremist, but don’t abuse of ejaculating.. Only keep that in mind..

Better keep away from porn and close to girls..
And if you still want to masturbate.. Don’t use porn for it..

Paulski82 GREAT THREAD!! CONGRATULATIONS !


Ejaculation is good for prostate… Going 6 months without ejaculation certainly isn’t.

After reading Paulski’s thread, I have started a test for myself since Sept 14.

Since Sept 24, I stopped all porn surfing and hooking up. The biggest challenge for me is not the porn sites, but the urge to hook up for real physical sex. Masturbating to porn sites is fine when I am at home on the computer, but the real excitement comes from hooking up with a real person. The combination of sexual activities and “sense of novelty” is what makes this quitting porn so much more difficult. Some of you are addicted to watching porn, but my addiction goes beyond just online porn sites. Hooking up for play has always been easy for me, so my brain is trained to be stimulated by a mere image of the “possibilities” of hooking up. It’s more mental than just jacking off to a picture or video. It’s hard to explain.

Having said that, I did manage NOT to visit any porn site and masturbate for a period of 14 days.

During these 14 days…. .
- I actively stay way from any stimulus, but when a stimulus does present, I become extremely horny.
- I practice deep breathing during the time of arousal (it usually takes 3 deep breaths to feel my erection subsides)
- have had extremely horny dreams at night; withdrawal has caused terrible sleeps during this period. My brain is probably craving for dopamine.. or something (addiction strikes).
- I become quite easily agitated.
*on the plus side, I become very productive. I have the extra time to look for things to do.

Last night, I had my first ejaculation from a blowjob. I have to say it was one of the BEST ejaculation I have ever had. And the funny thing is I slept well without horny dreams!!! It’s amazing how our physiology can change so fast.

To me the biggest obstacle is the sleep. When I don’t get good quality sleep, my body becomes very tired (my chronic liver disease only makes it worse).. so the toughest part is the withdrawal symptom from dopamine/ejaculation. When I don’t ejaculate for more than 2 days, my body is craving for it big time, which causes horny dreams and waking up lots in the middle of the night (arrrrrrrrrrr………..).

Now I am back to withholding sex. This time I will aim at 28 days (double from before).

Will update more later.

MY GOAL: Achieve mental clarity and focus by stopping all sex for 3 months or even longer. I want to reserve my brain craving for dopamine.


Notorious "Hardgainer". No Gain in 4 Years! Check out my "Blog" under Profile.

(starting: Jun 2007) 5.75" BPEL x 5" EG / (Sept 11, 2011) 6.375" BPEL x 5.125" EG / (July 1st, 2014) 6.25" BPEL x 5.125" EG (lost a bit of size)


Last edited by kubchaser : 09-29-2010 at .

Paulski, and the other guys.. Yes I know that the real deal is with girls, I had a girlfriend before the accident and we had great sex, but she was how should I say, a short girl, with a petite figure and I felt a lot more confident with her. Right now I pretty much rely on masturbation, because I’m too shy around ladies. Actually there is a lot of interest in me(You know I’m a handsome guy :D ), from chicks but I can’t ever seal the deal.. I’m kind of afraid that she’ll see my dick and laugh or something.. (I’m 5.9 in lenght and 4.8 in girth)

I had good sex with the last girl because , like I said she was short, with a tiny ass and I felt that I’ve got control over her (in bed). But the combination of a lot of porn/masturbation and a girl that’s a bit taller (like 5`7) and more mature, puts me in a messed up situation where I don’t have confidence at all, and that’s why I can’t even think about having sex with her..

Sorry for pouring myself out like that there, but I needed it to explain my situation with porn, mastrubation and girls.

“I used to believe that porn was just awesome entertainment with no down side. Now I know I was wrong. I choose not to watch porn any more. Some guys can watch porn and experience no negative affects or only minor ones. I’m not that guy. I’m not saying all porn is bad and no guy should watch it, just don’t fool yourself. There’s an evil side to porn and you should acknowledge the bargain you are making with yourself. I’m addicted to porn and I need to reset my brain. So I’m abstaining from porn AND MASTURBATION for at least 2 months and then I’ll see where I’m at. That’s no porn, no erotic stories, no lingerie catalogues, no magazines, no jerking off for 2 months. I’ve just passed week 4 and I’m already starting to notice changes. This could be the best thing I’ve ever done for my sexual health.”

You start out by making 5 good points about why we watch to much porn, and the negative consequences and unforseen effects, and then out of nowhere you add in that you are stopping masturbation as well. So that’s the connection you made, whether you meant to or not.

As many many posters have commented, masturbation is vital to your sexual health while porn acts like a poison. They need not go hand in hand.

Originally Posted by LionsFan
“I used to believe that porn was just awesome entertainment with no down side. Now I know I was wrong. I choose not to watch porn any more. Some guys can watch porn and experience no negative affects or only minor ones. I’m not that guy. I’m not saying all porn is bad and no guy should watch it, just don’t fool yourself. There’s an evil side to porn and you should acknowledge the bargain you are making with yourself. I’m addicted to porn and I need to reset my brain. So I’m abstaining from porn AND MASTURBATION for at least 2 months and then I’ll see where I’m at. That’s no porn, no erotic stories, no lingerie catalogues, no magazines, no jerking off for 2 months. I’ve just passed week 4 and I’m already starting to notice changes. This could be the best thing I’ve ever done for my sexual health.”

You start out by making 5 good points about why we watch to much porn, and the negative consequences and unforseen effects, and then out of nowhere you add in that you are stopping masturbation as well. So that’s the connection you made, whether you meant to or not.

OK fair call, I probably need to clarify this. I want to be very clear about this point. I’m not advocating no masturbation. This thread is written in the context of recovery from addiction to porn. From what I’ve researched and experienced, the recovery process is simply faster if you go without masturbation until you kick your porn addiction. I’m sure I could have done the recovery thing while still masturbating but it would have taken a lot longer. Personally, I just wanted to control my addiction in the shortest amount of time possible and I firmly believe that’s the fastest natural way. Also, not masturbating will probably keep you from falling off the wagon and watching porn again. I do also believe that most guys would reap benefits from decreasing masturbation in favour of real sex with real women. I’m not saying masturbation is bad or to stop altogether. But if you’re fapping more than you’re fucking, you might wanna look into that.

Originally Posted by LionsFan
As many many posters have commented, masturbation is vital to your sexual health while porn acts like a poison. They need not go hand in hand.

Porn can act like a poison if you abuse it. This thread is titled, “No More Porn For Me”, not “No More Porn For Planet Earth”. In my case I abused it and now I’m not in a position to go back to it. Like a recovering alcoholic who can’t touch another drink, I can’t look at any more porn. I know what will happen even if I take just one peek at porn. Funny thing is I can drink in moderation no problems. Moderation is fine, as with most things. But I do urge others to monitor their use of porn carefully and not fall into addiction.

Masturbation is vital to sexual health? Sorry, that’s just bullshit. Plenty of guys just have sex and never masturbate.


100% Porn Free From 06/07/2010

Top

All times are GMT. The time now is 10:48 AM.