Trying to Make it Better - Velcro Extender Mod
After reflecting on Hobby’s inspirational post this morning, I got to thinking about recent PM’s with a couple of other forum members about how to make a PeniMaster stretcher more comfortable/practical to wear. Since there are now 3 of us (myself included) that are having success using a different strap arrangement that I devised for the PeniMaster, I thought best to go ahead and post what it is and how I did it in case others are having similar comfort problems and could thus benefit. What follows is a condensed copy of instructions and comments I sent to the other members . . .
What follows is the concept for a Velcro strap complete with silicon jelly cushion as a replacement for the rubber strap used on a PeniMaster. You just replace the rubber strap but retain all of the other PeniMaster parts.
A major feature of this strap is the use of a special JellyTip ‘cushion’ integral to the strap. The JellyTip ‘cushion’ manufacturer is BunHeads but one person just reported they found a similar product at WalMart. The product I used is a sleeve version of the BunHeads BH013 (the super size). Actually, you could slice open the seem along the tip of a BH013 or maybe the BH010 and use it as a cushion on the velcro strap just fine. Maybe contact the manufacturer and ask for their largest size sleeve. The keys to making the strap are:
1) connect 2 strips of paper-backed adhesive 3/4-inch wide Velcro back-to-back, say 15 inches (you can always trim off any excess so too long is OK but too short is not OK). One of the strips is the scratchy hooks - the other is the softer binding material.
2) Thread the jelly tip toe guard onto the left end of the velcro strap until about 5-6 inches of the left end of the velcro is through the cushion making sure the rough side of the Velco is up and the soft side is down.
3) Thread the exposed left end of the velcro strap DOWNWARDS through the left-hand slot of the Penimaster headpiece - then fold the Velcro strap back to the left and up the side of the headpiece and onto the left-most 3/4 inch of the cushion material. The rough side of the velcro will grab onto the cushion fabric very tightly. This secures the strap on the left side of the headpiece. The left edge of the cushion should just barely touch the upper edge of the headpiece when you have it on so you may have to experiment a bit to get the correct length of strap as fed through the cushion - that is, maybe 5 inches is better than 6 - it’s very easy to adjust it to your needs.
4) Now thread the long end of the velcro strap DOWNWARDS through the right-hand slot of the headpiece forming a loop with the headpiece positioned just as if the PeniMaster rubber strap were attached - instead, you now have a velcro strap with its ‘cushion’ and the soft side facing downwards.
5) To attach the headpiece, wrap your glans, slide on the Penimaster bar/base assembly and then slide the glans into the loop/headpiece holding the head/glans with your left thumb and forefinger to make sure it is aligned with the axis of the headpiece. Stretch the penis a bit to make sure no loose skin gets pinched. Slowly tighten the strap by pulling the velcro strap on the right using the thumb and forefinger of your right hand to grip the strap under the headpiece where it exits the slot. The cushion should just cover the gap between the two sides of the headpiece as it comes into contact with the area behind your glans. Do not over tighten - you will have to experiment a bit to get the right tightness. Once you feel the clamping tension is correct, fold the longer end of the velcro strap up to the right along side the headpiece and continue until the rough side of the strap comes into contact with the exposed cushion material near the right-most edge. Continue to wrap the excess velcro around the headpiece. You will note that the rough side is now in contact with the softer velcro material making a strong and secure grip. There should be enough strap length to make a complete 360 deg circle around the headpiece and ending just above the right-hand slot exit point on the headpiece. Attach the headpiece to the bars and set the tension screws as desired.
In reference to wrapping with J&J gauze, I do not wrap the entire shaft. I take a few turns right at the glans Corona to build up its prominence and to cushion it a bit and I continue the wrap over the circ scar area and down the shaft sufficient to cover that area especially where the strap might touch as, unlike the jelly tip cushion which is very comfortable, the strap by its nature is a bit “prickly” on the edges so you want a good wrap to prevent un-necessary albeit minor skin irritation. I use maybe 18-20 inches of gauze (can’t measure it right at the moment cuz I’m wearing it - LOL).
This alternative strap with gauze wrap makes wearing the PeniMaster for an hour or two at a time feasible/comfortable depending on how much stretch and tension is applied. I still bail out every hour or so for a quick massage and to make sure of circulation. If your glans is really cold, you are clamping too tight. Less is better as you build up conditioning. I have found this strap to be really fast/efficient in terms of getting in and out (especially out if you have to take a leak in a hurry). Lots of times I stretch for an hour or so, massage a bit, and then wrap with a TheraP mag strap for 30 minutes or so and alternate back and forth. But, you will have to evolve your own routine - this is just one way of going about it.
Guys, that’s about it - sorry no pics as I don’t have a camera.
I hope this helps someone get more value out of their stretcher investment.
All the Best,