Originally Posted by 77
The Hubbard site Measure Your Penis - 2001 Site - Tom Hubbard is part of the problem, and this thread muddies the water, too (e.g., vertical instead of horizontal). Someone with more time and knowledge than I should write a measurement article that prescribes a standard method. Problems with the Hubbard page:
- “Standing or lying down” - having your heart higher than your penis will aid in erection strength. Also, there are a zillion ways to lie down and quite a few ways to stand.
- Pictures do not show measuring to the pubic bone, which is above the penis, not beside it. Measuring beside the penis will depend way more on placement of the base of the ruler than measuring to the pubis not to mention the position of the leg and the side to side position of the penis.
- The site does not address whether the many guys with slight arcs to their erect penis should straighten that arc against the ruler or not.
- “Mid-shaft” should be defined. Most folks will tend to measure at that point along their shaft that is meatiest, and this has been written elsewhere, and then maybe at the base. Is mid-shaft half of the erect length including the meatus or just half the shaft?
- Using a string versus a cloth ruler for circumference will give a different result due to string stretch, the thickness of the cloth ruler and the width of the ruler.
- “Dead stretch” says to hold behind the head but the drawing shows holding the rear part of the head, and many folks will tend to hold even further toward the tip because the result will be a bigger number. Also, the odd statement about learning to match erect length: what gives?
Good points, 77, worth noting for a future rewrite of the page.