Thunder's Place

The big penis and mens' sexual health source, increasing penis size around the world.

Tongkat Ali - full or empty stomach

12

Originally Posted by dawnsong

I have been taking Indonesian Tongkat Ali (Pasak Bumi) from tongkatali.com and find that I get the best results taking small doses of the 50:1 extract. The dosages you guys are taking is very high. I take 200mg a day 5 days a week, with 2 days off. Find it works for me better than in high dosage.

What effects have you noticed to make you think it is working?

Originally Posted by dawnsong
I have been taking Indonesian Tongkat Ali (Pasak Bumi) from tongkatali.com and find that I get the best results taking small doses of the 50:1 extract. The dosages you guys are taking is very high. I take 200mg a day 5 days a week, with 2 days off. Find it works for me better than in high dosage.


I understand that is a reliable source for tonkat. However, its important to remember that the dosing will be different for everyone, one persons high is anothers low. Genetics effects recepter number and sensitivity, Phase 1 and phase 2 breakdown in the liver. Age efects the ability to produce testosterone. There are two many variables to make a call on universal dosing.

Pepper

PS. Spark brings a good point, what have you noticed high, compared to low dose?

Originally Posted by sparkyx
What effects have you noticed to make you think it is working?

Originally Posted by DR Pepper
I understand that is a reliable source for tonkat. However, its important to remember that the dosing will be different for everyone, one persons high is anothers low. Genetics effects recepter number and sensitivity, Phase 1 and phase 2 breakdown in the liver. Age efects the ability to produce testosterone. There are two many variables to make a call on universal dosing.

Pepper

PS. Spark brings a good point, what have you noticed high, compared to low dose?

I started at 400 mg a day noticing a surge of energy and larger flaccid as well as more frequent semis during the day.

I then upped to 800 mg after a couple of days (2 x 400mg) and noticed that Tongkat had a drug like effect on me similar but not identical with a coke rush. I also felt emotionally detached and physically nervous. After 2 days I noticed I was getting mood swings with a tendency to mild depression which is something that I very rarely have.

I started experimenting with smaller, more frequent doses but they had a cumulative effect which would induce the same sort of symptoms after the initial kick.

I finally settled for 1x200 mg taken around 2 pm cycling it 5 days with 2 off days which was the smalles dose I could find that had positive with no negative effects.

I notice a larger flaccid, an energy rush and feeling of well-being. The feeling is low-key but definitely there. I also note more frequent semis during the day.

I have a pretty stable weight at roughly 84 kilos for 185 cm height (rougly 168 pounds for 6’). I have found that Tongkat even at small doses seems to promote lean muscle gain. More defined muscles.

Another side effects seems to be reduced blood pressure although this could be from the Vitamin C (2-5 grams a day spread out) I started taking about 2 weeks before starting Tongkat. My blood pressure has gone down from 140/90 (lightly hypotensive) to 125/82 ish. Which is very welcome :-)

It seems counter intuitive that a small dosage which is considerably lower than the one recommended on tongkatali.com (they recommend 4x400 mg, 1.6g a day) has the positive effects I describe but it has been my experience so far. Tongkat seems to be a very potent herbal with complex action pathways, I’m fascinated.

Dosage is a very individual thing and everyone will respond differently. My point is that people need to experiment with Tongkat to find the dose that works for them. And in my case at any rate less seems to be more.


Last edited by dawnsong : 08-02-2007 at .

Originally Posted by dawnsong
Another side effects seems to be reduced blood pressure although this could be from the Vitamin C (2-5 grams a day spread out) I started taking about 2 weeks before starting Tongkat. My blood pressure has gone down from 140/90 (lightly hypotensive) to 125/82 ish. Which is very welcome :-)

Was too late to edit my mistake out. I meant lightly hypertensive not hypotensive.

Many guys make statements based on vague “feelings” of something, but I see that you made very astute observations, and I believe that you are indeed seeing good results with low dosage…I envy you!

I believe that the best dosage is the lowest possible amount that produces the desired results, so it sounds very good to me.

My experience? Of course I’m older that you…I didn’t get nothing from ali!

Now if yall do…great!…

Fact: the best supp I’ve seen was Arginine! Tong Ali..is a waste of money.

But that is of course just my opinion 2cents

Originally Posted by webslave
My experience? Of course I’m older that you…I didn’t get nothing from ali!
Now if yall do…great!…
Fact: the best supp I’ve seen was Arginine! Tong Ali..is a waste of money.
But that is of course just my opinion 2cents


Web makes an excellent point, the older someone is the less likely the testicles are going to respond to compounds which mimic leutinizing hormone. Whether its an herb like tonkat or tribulis, or a drug like HCG, what matters is testicular response. This is why more and more men over 45 are turning to testosterone replacement in order to maintain energy, erections, sex drive, muscle size and bone density. There comes a time when the testicle is no longer able to produce youthful levels of testosterone no mater how much you stimulate it.

Pepper

Check out TestoJack 100 by Now Foods

Dr. Pepper—

I was treated for prostate cancer in 2001. Do you think it is safe for me to try Tongkat Ali?

Originally Posted by Bike2swim
Dr. Pepper—

I was treated for prostate cancer in 2001. Do you think it is safe for me to try Tongkat Ali?


I cant offer you medical advice. I can only offer opinion like anyone else here. There are variables like your age, the treatments you received, the time since treatment etc… Tonkat may increase testosterone levels, which can increase estrogen levels by conversion. Technically, both hormones can promote abnormal tissue growth in the prostate, estrogen is more likely the real culprit. Naturally you have to talk to your physician to see if increasing your testosterone levels would be contraindicated in your situation.

Pepper

Top
12

All times are GMT. The time now is 03:35 PM.