This Could Be Important New Information
I’ve been charting my progress on a graph.
I’ve now made a discovery that I’m not sure has actually been noted as yet:
Over my last two cycles (hanging about 3kg) it’s taken me one and a half months of hanging, following each decon-break, before I started gaining again.
Click the link below for the graph. Here’s the key…
(The blue lines denote the beginning and end of two decon-breaks.)
1. The one-and-a-half-month period following the March/April deconditioning break, and leading up to mid-June, where gains resume.
2. A sudden increase on the graph resulting from both closer monitoring (when new gains began (at around mid-June) and re-gaining of length lost during the decon-break (had I anticipated posting these results to the forum I would have kept better records during this phase). The basic fact to note is that length remained constant for that one-and-a-half month period (leading up to mid-June) despite the fact that I was hanging a minimum of twelve sets every day.
3. Growth period, starts mid-June and slows to a plateau.
4. Plateau reached around the time I develop a thrombosis (probably due to long periods spent in the hanger (make sure to frequently promote good blood-flow)). I’m forced to discontinue hanging because of the thrombosis (at this point (end of November / beginning of December) I begin the next decon-break)
5. A slight retraction in length towards the end of the deconditioning break (this time around I’ve measured closely and accurately throughout.)
6. A second month-and-a-half period where no gains are made despite the fact that I’m regularly hanging up to eighteen sets a day (at just over 3kg (approx. just below 7lbs). The length lost through retraction during the decon-break is regained during this phase.)
7. Gains resume just after mid-March, at a fantastic rate (just what’s needed to compensate for the previous month-and-a-half), bringing my personal maximum gain-rate to a rough average of one eighth of an inch per month.
Previously known as Mr. Fantastic
Last edited by Mr. F : 04-22-2007 at .