1 on-2 off
I noticed in my in box that people here have been trying to find out how my routine went last month. Unfortunately, Big Al and his moderators have thrown me off the list without providing me any explanation.
During the month of December, I gained 1/4” doing a one day on-one day off routine. My session consisted of jelqing for a half hour and stretching for fifteen minutes.
Some might respond to this saying, “If you gained 1/4” doing such a small amount of work, you could double your gains if you worked twice as hard.”
This is not the case. I have tried extended sessions and, for months, they produced no gains. I worked just as hard, if not harder, than any of the big gainers, and was not rewarded for my efforts. It is my hypothesis that more rest days and shorter sessions are responsible for my growth.
Here are my list of observations:
1. There is no evidence that a routine with few, or no, rest days is needed to produce optimal gains.
2. There is no reason for believing enlargement exercises must be performed on sucessive days.
3. Multiple daily sessions might hinder growth.
4. No one is justified to say that a session must exceed a half hour to produce optimal growth.
5. Extended routines, long sessions, or multiple sessions may be responsible for injuries and/or plateaus.
This month I am trying a one on-two off routine. It will consist of a half hour jelqing and fifteen minutes stretching. If I gain at all, I will try a one on-three off routine for the month of November.