My bud's hormone results - opinions advice please guys
A friend of mine had his hormones checked as he is going slightly bald at the crown of his head. He got his results + asked me to look through them. They were taken by saliva samples, by a company in the US called Medlean.
I don’t know much about hormones etc, but judging by the “optimal” scores mentioned in his results, he seems to be quite ‘off the mark’ in most of his scores, so I ask you guys for some sound opinion/advice..
He is 31 years, about 180 lbs, 6 feet tall, very active - he works out/plays sports 3/4 times a week, doesnt smoke, drinks alcohol rarely, has a good balanced diet, doesnt take any supps other than fish oils, green tea and a multi vit, has never done roids etc. He says he feels generally good, no depression or anxiety, but has noticed a drop in morning wood and a slight drop in sex drive and erection quality.
Here are his results (he got 5 different hormones tested, don’t know why he didn’t get the full 8 tests this company offers!) he took the samples at mid day-
1. Testosterone - 27.1 pg/ml (the results sheet states ‘75-95’ is “optimal”)
2. Dihydrotestosterone - 7.2 pg/ml (the results sheet states ‘20-40’ is “optimal”)
3. DHEA - 994 pg/ml (the results sheet states ‘250-450’ is “optimal”)
4. Estradiol - 1.4 pg/ml (the results sheet states ‘0.8-1.5’ is “optimal”)
5. Cortisol - 8.9 pg/ml (the results sheet states ‘3-6’ is “optimal).
What do you think?