Thunder's Place

The big penis and mens' sexual health source, increasing penis size around the world.

Concerta or not?

Concerta or not?

Here is my problem:

I’ve had a very hard time concentrating on things for over 5 years now. My mind is like a total blank. It’s like trying to watch a TV program but there is a lot of snow on the picture. I don’t have clear thoughts in other words.

I left my previous job about 5 months ago. I’ve been looking for work ever since. I’m having a very hard time staying focused on doing my letter writing and other things associated with the job search. I signed up with a career consultant firm in February. When I’m talking to my manager, I’m having a very hard time concentrating on what he is saying and I also will go blank when I’m talking to him on what I have done or where I have applied to.

I’m afraid that this is going to cause a problem when I get ready to go on a job interview. I’ll freeze up and get tongue tied because I can’t keep my mind focused on what I’m being asked.

I tried taking Strattera about 4 years ago and I had a bad side effect to it. My penis started shrinking almost like when you get out of cold water and my testicles also were very tight to the point of hurting. So I stopped the Strattera.

I thought I had tried Concerta as well. I called my pharmacist and they confirmed I got it filled once but never got it refilled. I’m thinking I had a similar side effect to the Strattera but maybe not as bad.

What I’m wanting to know is if anyone here has had any trouble taking Concerta as far as sexual problems go? Is it worth another try just to get past this current problem? I did a search here and there was not much said about it.

I took concerta for maybe 3 pills, it was probably the most depressed I have ever been in my life haha. I broke down and thought my life was headed no where and that I had messed up my life, and I’m a highschool student with a pretty decent GPA. As far as sexual side effects I dont know, but that first side effect was bad enough for me.

I was treated for ADD for years. Took Concerta for a long time but didn’t think much of it. These days I take Wellbutrin. Although it’s primarily an anti-depressant, it’s also a stimulant. I liked Adderal XR the most of the other ADD drugs. Have you had your T levels checked? That kind of fogginess I’ve found can accompany periods where my T is suppressed from stress, overtraining (sports), etc.

Originally Posted by vkn1
I was treated for ADD for years. Took Concerta for a long time but didn’t think much of it. These days I take Wellbutrin. Although it’s primarily an anti-depressant, it’s also a stimulant. I liked Adderal XR the most of the other ADD drugs. Have you had your T levels checked? That kind of fogginess I’ve found can accompany periods where my T is suppressed from stress, overtraining (sports), etc.

Yeah I’ve had my T levels checked but that was about two years ago. They were normal at that time.

I know fish oil gets so damn much press it makes one figure it’s got to be overhyped, but the fact is fish oil helps people with ADD. And it helps for low T. It really does, I’ve personally experienced both of these benefits and they’re why I take the stuff every day. You might want to give it a shot.

Originally Posted by vkn1
I know fish oil gets so damn much press it makes one figure it’s got to be overhyped, but the fact is fish oil helps people with ADD. And it helps for low T. It really does, I’ve personally experienced both of these benefits and they’re why I take the stuff every day. You might want to give it a shot.

I did the fish oil for about 8 months. Never really felt anything from it.

Originally Posted by RandomGiant
I took concerta for maybe 3 pills, it was probably the most depressed I have ever been in my life haha. I broke down and thought my life was headed no where and that I had messed up my life, and I’m a highschool student with a pretty decent GPA.

Wow, I thought I was the only one. I took Concerta for 3 weeks of the 30 day course and got very depressed. When I researched it, the side effect of depression was listed as “very rare.”

Doesn’t sound so rare now. Thanks for posting this.

Later, I was given steroids for a sinus infection and wound up in a mental hospital with an almost psychotic episode from the steroids.

Side effects are a bitch.

I think I have answered my own question and it’s a definite NO!!! I went ahead and got the prescription filled this morning and took one about noon. Right now about 5 hours later, I’ve got a pain in my groin almost like I’ve been kicked there and my testicles and penis have shrunk up like I’ve been in cold water.

I’m thinking about taking a Cialis just to try and make my flaccid go back to normal size. I’ve got a call into the doctor now to let him know about this side effect and see what he suggests.

I had thought this happened when I tried Concerta before but I wasn’t sure since it had been about 4 years ago. I knew Strattera did it to me but wasn’t sure about the other one. I guess there’s no way I can fix my concentration problem.

Top

All times are GMT. The time now is 09:14 AM.