Thunder's Place

The big penis and mens' sexual health source, increasing penis size around the world.

My Pumping Journey

My Pumping Journey

Ok so I’ve taken a long hiatus from PE and made the decision to coming back and center my routine around pumping. I’ve done manual routines, device routines and a combination of the two on and off over the years. I tend to favor routines centered around devices with supplemental manual exercises. The fact that you can get an accurate measure of force being applied is why I gravitate towards them. Gains have come and gone for me because I failed to cement my gains. It’s been nearly 2 years since I’ve done any form of PE.

My measurements: NBPEL - 6.0”
BPEL - 6.5”
MSEG - 4 7/8”
BEG - 5.0”

My targets: Short Term - NBPEL - 7.0”
MSEG & BEG - 5.5”

Long Term - NBPEL - 8.0”
MSEG & BEG - 6.0”

I honestly would be content with just reaching my short term target but why not aim higher?

I own a Penomet, DP-4000 Digital Maximizer with cylinder, and a heating pad. I’ve been using the Penomet for about a month up until last week when I got my air pumping equipment.

The Routine:
A lot of this is going to be determined by PI’s and feel. One thing I learned for me over the years is soreness is a sign of good things to come and loss of morning wood is a neutral PI for me. I plan on having 2-3 sessions per day at 20 minutes each.

The first session in the AM I will use my heating pad for the first 10 minutes at a pressure of 3 for the first 5 minutes, then 4 for the next 5 minutes (Using my hand pump/pressure gauge). I will then remove the heating pad and connect to the DP-4000 and pump for 10 minutes spiking from 4 to 5 in 6 second intervals. Upon completion of this set I will remove the cylinder and jelq for 5 minutes to help alleviate any fluid buildup from the pumping session. The final 5 minutes I will hold an erection to fill up all that newly expanded tissue.

The second session will happen 4-6 hours later (If I’m off from work that day) or whenever the fluid buildup has subsided. This time I will use my hand pump and hold a pressure of 4 in 5 minute intervals for a total duration of 20 minutes. Every 5 minutes I will decrease the pressure to 1 for 30 seconds then immediately pump back up to 4 until a total time of 20 minutes is reached. I’m still a little fatigued from the morning session so this session just keeps everything expanded and there is no discomfort at a pressure of 4 or even a need to use the heating pad since everything is loosened up nicely. At the end of this set I just hold an erection for 5 minutes.

The third session will be performed before bed. I will try to repeat the first session if everything feels comfortable. If not I will just repeat the second session only pumping to 4 for 20 minutes.

Ideally I will perform this 5-7 days per week taking rest days when needed based on feel. Most likely I will be doing a 2 on 1 off or 3 on 1 off since that is how things panned out the first week of performing this. I must say that the expansion I’m getting with this is amazing and after taking a day of rest I noticed things heading in the right direction upon waking up. I will post updates as I go! Thanks for reading!

Welcome and good luck with the routine.

Be interested in your opinions of the DP-4000 over time, looks like nice gear.

Here is my prediction for 2015. Your routine is not going to work. Why? Because it is way to aggressive and and even though you have a couple of rest days thrown in, it will not be enough to recover from multiple pump sessions each workout day.

I know you disagree, but you will change your mind.

My suggestion is one 30 minute session every other day. But I wouldn’t go directly to 30 minutes until you become accustomed to pumping again.

One more thing, soreness and loss of morning wood is always a bad sign.


The primary goal of PE should be to make your penis as healthy as possible in both form and function. If you do that, increased size will follow.

Originally Posted by gprent
Here is my prediction for 2015. Your routine is not going to work. Why? Because it is way to aggressive and and even though you have a couple of rest days thrown in, it will not be enough to recover from multiple pump sessions each workout day.

I know you disagree, but you will change your mind.

My suggestion is one 30 minute session every other day. But I wouldn’t go directly to 30 minutes until you become accustomed to pumping again.

One more thing, soreness and loss of morning wood is always a bad sign.

I don’t disagree at all. I can only go off the response I’ve had from the routine so far and my experience from PE in the past. You may be correct. I was pumping with the Penomet for almost 2 months leading up to this with 30 minute sessions (at lower pressure) on a 3 on 1 off/ 2 on 1 off routine so I do have some conditioning. In the past when I’ve performed PE the only times I experienced growth is when I was experiencing soreness as a precursor to the growth. The soreness nearly disappears after 1 day of rest. It’s only a dull soreness but I’ve never experienced gains without it. Maybe my body is some type of anomaly. My morning wood disappears whenever I’ve PE’ed (even with newbie routines) but quickly returns with 1-2 days of rest.

Originally Posted by capernicus1
Welcome and good luck with the routine.
Be interested in your opinions of the DP-4000 over time, looks like nice gear.

Thank you capernicus! I like it so far. I had trouble getting it communicating properly with my PC initially but ctc support helped me get everything set up.

When I started pumping this is what I thought:

Quote: Maybe my body is some type of anomaly. Unquote

I was too aggressive for years and those were wasted years.

Good luck! I want you to succeed.


The primary goal of PE should be to make your penis as healthy as possible in both form and function. If you do that, increased size will follow.

Originally Posted by gprent
When I started pumping this is what I thought:

Quote: Maybe my body is some type of anomaly. Unquote

I was too aggressive for years and those were wasted years.

Good luck! I want you to succeed.

I’ve thought about it and I’m going to take your advice and pump every other day for 30 mins. What pressure do you suggest? 3 feels like it’s doing next to nothing, 4 I can feel a better pull and it gets me to or slightly above my BPEL, 5 gets me to 0.5” greater than my BPEL. I do get significantly more fluid at 5 for long periods of time but it isn’t all that uncomfortable for me. Also, should I take breaks every 5 mins, 10 mins or just go continuous? I like dropping the pressure to approximately 1 in hg every 5 minutes for 30 seconds then pumping back up to get freshly oxygenated blood. Or am I just wasting my time doing that? Any advice is greatly appreciated! Happy New Years!

Stick with 20 minutes for a few more days. Start your session at 3”hg. After 5 minutes increase to 4”hg and after 5 more minutes increase to 5”hg for the remainder. I do not decrease the pressure, but I do milk the cylinder to help keep the blood moving.

After a few days, increase your session to 25 minutes and then go to 30 minutes. Once you feel comfortable at 30 minutes, start your session at 3”hg and every 5 minutes increase by 1”hg until you get to 7”hg and hold for the remainder of the session.

Always start your pumping at low pressure and increase slowly and in a few weeks you should be able to pump up to 8 or 9”hg for the last 10 minutes.


The primary goal of PE should be to make your penis as healthy as possible in both form and function. If you do that, increased size will follow.

Originally Posted by gprent
Stick with 20 minutes for a few more days. Start your session at 3”hg. After 5 minutes increase to 4”hg and after 5 more minutes increase to 5”hg for the remainder. I do not decrease the pressure, but I do milk the cylinder to help keep the blood moving.

After a few days, increase your session to 25 minutes and then go to 30 minutes. Once you feel comfortable at 30 minutes, start your session at 3”hg and every 5 minutes increase by 1”hg until you get to 7”hg and hold for the remainder of the session.

Always start your pumping at low pressure and increase slowly and in a few weeks you should be able to pump up to 8 or 9”hg for the last 10 minutes.

Thank you for the advice. You are suggesting just one session every other day correct? What indicators do you use to know when you’re going too high with the pressure? I can almost feel when the heavy fluid buildup is occuring. I get a mild burning/tingling sensation when it’s happening. I feel it more so with 5”hg but not so much at 4”hg. I guess it makes sense though because 4”hg takes me to my BPEL and 5”hg takes me to 0.5” beyond my BPEL.

Originally Posted by Elemental570
Thank you for the advice. You are suggesting just one session every other day correct? What indicators do you use to know when you’re going too high with the pressure? I can almost feel when the heavy fluid buildup is occuring. I get a mild burning/tingling sensation when it’s happening. I feel it more so with 5”hg but not so much at 4”hg. I guess it makes sense though because 4”hg takes me to my BPEL and 5”hg takes me to 0.5” beyond my BPEL.

Yes, every other day seems to work best. Believe me, I have tried every combination from PE every day to 5 on 2 off, 3 on 1 off, you name it, but finally came to the basic every other day that works best.

When you first start a pump routine the obvious signs of using too much pressure are red spots or water blisters. But once you are conditioned and can go for 30 minutes, the indicators are like you said, you can feel a sensation that you shouldn’t go higher, or, the after effects are not pleasant, like too much bloating. By the 20 minute mark in my routine, I can go to 8 or 9”hg and for the last couple of minutes I might go to 10”hg, but 10 is the limit for me. I tend to like my results the best when I keep my limit to 9”hg.

The technique for getting to the higher pressures is most important and that just involves starting off with low pressure and increasing slowly during your pump session.


The primary goal of PE should be to make your penis as healthy as possible in both form and function. If you do that, increased size will follow.

Originally Posted by gprent
Yes, every other day seems to work best. Believe me, I have tried every combination from PE every day to 5 on 2 off, 3 on 1 off, you name it, but finally came to the basic every other day that works best.

When you first start a pump routine the obvious signs of using too much pressure are red spots or water blisters. But once you are conditioned and can go for 30 minutes, the indicators are like you said, you can feel a sensation that you shouldn’t go higher, or, the after effects are not pleasant, like too much bloating. By the 20 minute mark in my routine, I can go to 8 or 9”hg and for the last couple of minutes I might go to 10”hg, but 10 is the limit for me. I tend to like my results the best when I keep my limit to 9”hg.

The technique for getting to the higher pressures is most important and that just involves starting off with low pressure and increasing slowly during your pump session.

Again, thank you! I will follow this linear progression every other day and I’ll post updates in this thread as I progress or questions arise. I did get a little overzealous with my original routine. I did see a good response the first week I followed it but I know over time the fatigue would accumulate without enough rest days and I’d be in a situation where I’d have to take an extended break and just end up wasting my time in the long run. Thank you for your insight!

Here’s the routine I’ve been following so far:

5 min x 3.0” hg
5 min x 3.5” hg
5 min x 4.0” hg
5 min x 4.5” hg
5 min x 5.0” hg

After every 5 minute set I drop the hg to 1 for 30 seconds.
I hold an erection and massage for 5 minutes post.
First ten minutes I wrap the cylinder with a heating pad on low.
I’m not following a set 3 on 1 off 2 on 1 off routine etc. I shoot for 5 on 2 off but if my morning wood disappears before 5 days I take a day or two off.

Observations: When I first started pumping a few weeks ago I marked my cylinder where I was hitting at 4” hg and 5” hg. I am now reaching the 5” hg mark with a pressure of only 4” hg which I’m assuming is a good thing.
I am packing the tube at the base about 1-2 inches up the tube now also.

Current Routine:

Same as above with another 5 minute set added at 5.5” hg for a total pump session of 30 minutes (Feels very comfortable)
Edging for 20 minutes immediately after pumping
Following 1 on 1 off as suggested by gprent (Tried 2-4 days on but EQ and morning wood were poor. Both have improved significantly after going to 1 on 1 off)
Increased heating pad time to 20 minutes (I figure the last ten minutes will be good to allow the tissues to cool down in an expanded state with the slightly higher pressure sets)

I’m going to keep adding 5 minutes to the routine every week (Debating whether I want to keep increasing the pressure or just focus on adding time each week?)

Observations:

I am now reaching 7.25” in the tube at 5.5” hg
Still packing about the same amount in the tube (1-2” from the base)
When I decrease the pressure to 1” hg I notice I’m holding at the mark which initially required a pressure of 4” hg to maintain
I’m requiring less pressure to hit the mark which required 5” hg to reach
I think I have already gained in length and girth but I will wait to measure (Possibly just improved EQ?)

Questions:

Should I keep increasing the pressure each week in 0.5” hg increments until I reach a pressure that becomes uncomfortable for me and back off when that happens or just keep adding time and staying between 3”-5” hg? Any advice is greatly appreciated!

Still going at it strong. Have tried some different variations of time and pressure. Lately I’ve been doing 4 sets of 15 minutes at a pressure of 3” hg. I have a heating pad wrapped around the tube for the entire time except for the last 5 minutes of the last set. I tried doing the entire last set without heat and I noticed that I had more fluid build up going that long without heat. I’ve also started using Jergens Ultra Healing lotion prior to my pumping which seems to keep any skin irritation to a minimum. After each set of 15 minutes I massage back to a full erection then begin the next set. After finishing the 60 minutes I massage then hold an erection for 5 minutes before ending the session. I’ve noticed with lower pressure and longer sessions with heat I’ve been getting improved PI’s. When I do the lower pressure sessions I am able to do a 2 on 1 off routine. When I use higher pressures 1 on 1 off or 1 on 2 off seemed to work best.

Made the change to 1 on 1 off from 2 on 1 off. The routine is still 4 x 15 minute sets with a pressure of 3” hg. Heat applied for the entire duration except the last 7-8 minutes of the last set. I want to allow the expanded tissues to cool down in this state before removing the tube. The expansion I’m getting from this longer session + low pressure + heat is just as good if not better than the higher pressure and shorter sets. One thing I’ve noticed is there is less fluid build up. I’ve ordered a new 2 1/8 x 10 tube since I am pretty much packing the 1 7/8 x 10 I’m currently using. When I get the new cylinder I will probably use the 1 7/8 for the first 2 x 15 min sets then use the 2 1/8 for the last two. I still have yet to measure since I first started pumping in the beginning of December but visually I can see definite positive changes in my flaccid and erect size.

Questions: How many days should I take off before taking a measurement? How often should I take the measurements?

Top
Similar Threads 
ThreadStarterForumRepliesLast Post
New look at Water PumpingsparkyxPenis Pumps1905-18-2013 12:12 PM
Pumping research at the minute19052010Penis Pumps406-06-2010 04:03 PM
Pumping To Treat EDavocet8Penis Pumps701-28-2009 10:11 PM
My Marathon Shock Pumping Routine (Dick and then Balls)peforealPenis Pumps3411-27-2004 11:31 AM

All times are GMT. The time now is 04:16 AM.