Back in the saddle
Long time hanger trying to secure another inch. I’ve been hanging off and on (mostly off) since 2008. From 2009-2010, I gained about 1 inch in BPEL. Currently at 7.75” BPEL and hoping to hit 9+. Made all of my gains using the bib hanger and putting in about 10 hours per week of hang time with a max weight of 25lbs. Trying to increase the number of sets each day such that I make the 10 hour weekly threshold. My current max weight is 15lbs, and I’m averaging about 4 sets per day.
Things I’ve learned over the years:
1. Listen to Bib. If you buy one of his hangers, start a thread on his site. He definitely knows his stuff and will give you excellent advice. This was my experience.
2. You really need at least 10 hours per week to make gains. I tried doing 1-2 sets a day at 30lbs. I did not see any gains. Note I know others have reported gains with a “hardcore hanging” routine. Great for them! Unfortunately, this approach did not work for me.
3. Wrapping and hanger adjustment is critically important and will take time to optimize.
4. Try not to spank it or have sex before hanging. I found that my penis was much more sensitive when I did those things. It made for rough hanging sessions.
5. Heat is definitely important. Use it! I just bought an IR lamp and really like it thus far.
6. Concentrating on other tasks while hanging can be difficult. Typically, I can do other stuff during the 1st set and perhaps part of the 2nd after that it’s really difficult to multi-task. Perhaps this is an issue with my technique.
7. Keep increasing the weight. If you use heat, it should help you to minimize the max weight that will bring on fatigue. However, if you have strong ligaments, you’re going to have to use higher weights to see gains. This is where consistency and technique are key.
8. Do your very best not to miss days. You lose soft tissue conditioning.
9. Using ADS is important. IMO, you don’t need an extender although it wouldn’t hurt. When I made my gains, I stayed wrapped 95% of the time. I simply loosened the wrap when I slept so I didn’t have to worry about any circulation issues.
10. Hanging works!! You just need to put in the hours and use a weight that brings on fatigue. Using heat and an ADS definitely help a lot. Also, compression hangers are much more effective in producing gains, imo. They’re not nearly as comfortable as vacuum hangers, but I believe that the lateral forces of the compression hanger help break down the tunica.
I’ll update this log with any gains that I make. Feel free to ask questions.