Thunder's Place

The big penis and mens' sexual health source, increasing penis size around the world.

The physics of force transmission in air versus water pumping

We are guessing as well, buddy. :)

I’ve mentioned this before but this thread seems a better place to discuss it as we’re talking about the efficiency of force transmission,
If we kind of agree that water is a more efficient medium for transfering force because of its inflexibility then doesn’t heating the tunica to make it
more flexible negate some of the benefits ?
If we assume that the extender principle of tension induced tissue growth is correct then surely making the tunica more flexible simply means you
have to stretch it a lot further to reach the desired tension, this could have negative implications for some of the other structures in the penis.

I can see how this would work if slowly stretching to a larger size was the primary method of gaining but for actual cellular growth i’m not so sure,
You may end up with large expansion but below the threshold needed for cell division.
Perhaps keeping the tunica at body temperature or even cooling it would allow the desired level of stress to be reached much easier ?

I hope that kind of makes sense

This is off topic I think. I’m justo going to mention that there seems to be no threshold for cell division. Any tension, whatever small, is going to cause cells proliferation in connective tissue.

Originally Posted by marinera
This is off topic I think. I’m justo going to mention that there seems to be no threshold for cell division. Any tension, whatever small, is going to cause cells proliferation in connective tissue.

In light of what we’re discussing i’d say you are entirely on topic.

I do have a question, for those who use water pumps. Are you sure there isn’t any air going in in the tube whilst putting out water? Hope my question is clear.

Same for me, it’s hard to explain but once you get beyond a certain percentage of air in the tube the feeling is quite different.

I do not believe air mixes with water at these low forces. However, air does get into my cylinder while starting to form a seal and it forms a bubble at the top or bottom, depending on the direction of the cylinder. This reminds me that when I have a large air bubble in my cylinder it movies up and down the cylinder past my penis as I change directions. As the bubble moves up and down over my penis, I can not feel any change in the vacuum as it passes. Accordingly, this confirms, for me anyway, that the 5 hg pressure does not change as I switch from water to gas inside the same cylinder.

Next time I water pump, I am only going to fill the cylinder half way up with water and see if I can detect any change in pressure between the two mediums,

I can also understand that the incompressability of water verses air could affect the reaction of the internal cells of the penis. Perhaps the compressability of air would allow cells containing more water to expand further against the air outside the penis and thus result in more fluid build up.

As an after thought. Wouldn’t heated up sand turn into glass? You could Make a glass mold of your penis.

Originally Posted by dtwarren1942

Next time I water pump, I am only going to fill the cylinder half way up with water and see if I can detect any change in pressure between the two mediums,

I don’t think you will detect any difference because as sparkyx said the air will act as a spring and equalize the pressure.

Originally Posted by dtwarren1942

Next time I water pump, I am only going to fill the cylinder half way up with water and see if I can detect any change in pressure between the two mediums,

Originally Posted by capernicus1

I don’t think you will detect any difference because as sparkyx said the air will act as a spring and equalize the pressure.

Right, once a certain amount of air gets in, you don’t get that “immediate, hard” transfer of force. When you jelque the tube in only water and no air, you feel instant transfer of the force into expansion equal to the increase vacuum from the jelque. When you jelque the tube with air, you feel a springiness which is the air absorbing a certain amount of the expansion and contraction. You don’t get that “one to one” ratio of increased vacuum to expansion you do with water.

You really need to experience it, but make sure you have no air in when you are using water. Then half fill with air, then all air. You will find the half air and full air will feel the same, but all water will pull much more powerfully and immediately when you jelque the tube.

If the tube is perpendicular to the floor, air should go up and water down. As said, pumping with a given amount of air could be useful if one wants to target more length, theoretically (I know I know, I’ll try it in the real world than I’ll come back ;) ).

For the sake of clarity, and without any goal of bursting balls of anybody, the argument made in the first post is wrong IMHO.

Pumping with all the tube filled with water, it is less effective than pumping with air.
As I understand it, 5 hg is the force that is pulling whatever is in the tube. So lets say 5hg = 1 lbs (or 2 or whatever) for each squared centimeter. If something in the tube is less expandable than your penis, what you have is that your penis is pulled but can’t expand. Think as if the cylinder is filled with concrete, your penis inside: 1lbs is pulling the concrete, 1 lbs is pulling your penis. But the concrete is not expanded, your penis neither.

What is tricking here is the feeling: people feel more force because they feel both forces: the pulling force of the vacuum, the pushing force of the water.

Pumping with a tube partly filled with water can be more effective for girth, for the same reason: it would be like pumping in a narrower tube.

Originally Posted by Lampwick

Negative. Your dick sweats (or loses water through the cell walls into the cylinder) either way, is my guess. You just don’t see it when you’re water pumping, because it’s lost into the surrounding water. Think about it - do you think you don’t sweat when you’re in a hot tub? You do; it’s just that you’re sweating into the water around you.

(Now try not to think about all the other people who have been in the hot tub sweating into the hot tub water before you were there, the next time you get in a hot tub.)

One thing I’ve noticed with water pumping is that my penis doesn’t feel dehydrated like it does when I air pump so maybe there’s more to it then just simple dehydration vs hydration.


I'm a big fan of 50 Cent, or as we call him in Zimbabwe, four hundred million dollars.

Originally Posted by marinera
For the sake of clarity, and without any goal of bursting balls of anybody, the argument made in the first post is wrong IMHO.

Pumping with all the tube filled with water, it is less effective than pumping with air.
As I understand it, 5 hg is the force that is pulling whatever is in the tube. So lets say 5hg = 1 lbs (or 2 or whatever) for each squared centimeter. If something in the tube is less expandable than your penis, what you have is that your penis is pulled but can’t expand. Think as if the cylinder is filled with concrete, your penis inside: 1lbs is pulling the concrete, 1 lbs is pulling your penis. But the concrete is not expanded, your penis neither.

What is tricking here is the feeling: people feel more force because they feel both forces: the pulling force of the vacuum, the pushing force of the water.

Pumping with a tube partly filled with water can be more effective for girth, for the same reason: it would be like pumping in a narrower tube.

Dude you have a great way of messing with my head haha,
What you’re saying here is correct, up to a point.
If you were to pump to say 5 hg with water and no air bubbles and then disconnect or clamp of the hose so the water has nowhere to go then yes
you have essentially created your tube full of concrete situation, however you are still stretched larger than normal so it’s similar to a static stretch i guess.

However if you still have a pump connected with a fluid cup there will be a small amount of air to allow some expansion and when that happens you pump
out more water so stretching a bit more.

In a normal session after getting fully hard i normally drain off a full cup of water which excluding any air leaks must mostly be expansion.

Hope that makes sense

Top

All times are GMT. The time now is 08:20 AM.