Thunder's Place

The big penis and mens' sexual health source, increasing penis size around the world.

is pumping twice a day too much?

123

OK so I got my pump back yesterday after getting it fixed, developed a problem holding the vacuum. It’s under warranty so I sent it to the manufacturer to get fixed. I found I needed to keep pumping it to keep pressure up. Works a treat now.

So yesterday evening I did a session - 3 sets at 15 mins at pressure 4. Developed a slight fluid build up. But this morning I decided to try another session at the same routine except 4 sets at pressure 3. Fluid build up was quite dramatic. Some of the foreskin became quite distended… more so than I’ve ever had before.

So I learnt a lesson… don’t pump twice in a 24 hour period… PERIOD!

Not worried as the swelling has all but gone. Will leave it a couple of days before having another session.

I’m sure a lot of guys here already know this would happen, had to find out for myself!

Cheers!

Originally Posted by firegoat
Twice a day. Too much. The exercise provides a stimulus to grow. You have to give your penis the time to grow in response to the stimulus; you don’t grow while you are doing PE, you grow between sessions.

This seems like a very definitive statement for such a hotly debated issue. Many of the biggest growers in the forum believe that deformation is at least one of, if not the primary mechanism of growth and deformation doesn’t happen in recovery.


7 3/4" (+3/4") BPEL x 6 1/4" (+5/16") EG

Originally Posted by slipstream

This seems like a very definitive statement for such a hotly debated issue. Many of the biggest growers in the forum believe that deformation is at least one of, if not the primary mechanism of growth and deformation doesn’t happen in recovery.

Plastic deformation is a stimulus. If plastic deformation ‘was’ the growth, it would mean that the tissues of the penis were finite. If that were the case, then for the penis to become longer, it would have to get thinner; to gain girth the penis would have to become shorter.

Obviously this does not happen, therefore new cells are being created. The deformation is the stimulus that tells the body what type of cells are needed, and in what configuration. These cells are then created between PE sessions, not during them.


Heat makes the difference between gaining quickly or slowly for some guys, or between gaining slowly instead of not at all for others. And the ideal penis size is 7.6" BPEL x 5.6" Mid Girth.

Basics.... firegoat roll How to use the Search button for best results

Originally Posted by bigbox
OK so I got my pump back yesterday after getting it fixed, developed a problem holding the vacuum. It’s under warranty so I sent it to the manufacturer to get fixed. I found I needed to keep pumping it to keep pressure up. Works a treat now.

So yesterday evening I did a session - 3 sets at 15 mins at pressure 4. Developed a slight fluid build up. But this morning I decided to try another session at the same routine except 4 sets at pressure 3. Fluid build up was quite dramatic. Some of the foreskin became quite distended… more so than I’ve ever had before.

So I learnt a lesson… don’t pump twice in a 24 hour period… PERIOD!

Not worried as the swelling has all but gone. Will leave it a couple of days before having another session.

I’m sure a lot of guys here already know this would happen, had to find out for myself!

Cheers!

bigbox, you might’ve done better going to a split session if you had not increased time at the same time. I recommend that anyone going to a split session maintain approximately the same total time (or at most, a modest increase) to start.

You were doing 3 sets at 15 minutes, for 45 minutes total. You then added FOUR sets (at 15 minutes a set? You didn’t specify), for an HOUR more in the same day.

If you want to give split sessions another try, consider this:

TWO sets at 15 minutes in the first session, and TWO sets at 15 minutes in the second session. You’re only adding 15 minutes total for the day.

Or if you want to be even more conservative, and there’s nothing wrong with that, go with two sets of 11 minutes in the first session, and two sets of 11 minutes in the second set, for a total of 44 minutes; virtually identical to your prior routine except for the change in timing.

I like split sessions, myself.

I like pumping in the morning to take advantage of the fact that my penis has been warmed up all night by the normal male cycle of nocturnal erections.

I also like pumping just before I go to bed, because I have noticed that if I do, I am more likely to wake up with a stronger morning erection. The normal male cycle of nocturnal erections also means that the internal stretch from my pumping session is being reinforced overnight by all those nocturnal erections. That’s my theory, anyway.


For Lampwick, becoming hung like a donkey was the result of a total commitment.

Originally Posted by firegoat
Plastic deformation is a stimulus. If plastic deformation ‘was’ the growth, it would mean that the tissues of the penis were finite. If that were the case, then for the penis to become longer, it would have to get thinner; to gain girth the penis would have to become shorter.

Obviously this does not happen, therefore new cells are being created. The deformation is the stimulus that tells the body what type of cells are needed, and in what configuration. These cells are then created between PE sessions, not during them.

I agree with part of that, but it is too simplistic - as if the penis were a homogeneous material.

There are many smart people here that believe deformation happening to the tunica is directly responsible for girth and length growth. Because the corpora cavernosa is bound by the tunica (which makes us hard during an erection), it is able to just expand further as the tunica is deformed. During this growth stage, the tunica probably is getting thinner. The compensation during recovery is growth of new cells (scar tissue or collagen aligned in the direction of the tension) which keeps the tunica from getting thinner and makes it harder to grow later. We all know length and girth growth rates slow, and this toughening would explain why. So, it isn’t the recovery that is responsible for the growth we measure, but the deformation. Without the recovery, we would eventually injure ourselves and the cell growth response is to prevent the tunica from failing under tension, but it isn’t making the penis grow length or girth-wise.

On the other hand, past a certain point of growth, the tissue within the corpora cavernosa must grow to keep up with the growth of the tunica. If it didn’t, our wood would get softer (not thinner or shorter). I think the only stimulation necessary is expansion of the tunica, but I think jelqing is also a great stimulus. The compensation must be some kind of growth - increase in the amount of smooth muscle or thickening of what is already there. I would agree, this kind of growth would probably happen between sessions. Again, this doesn’t need to happen until we reach a certain amount of growth in the tunica, because it already wants to expand beyond those bounds.

So, yes, some growth would happen between sessions - the kind that keeps the wood hard as the tunica grows. The growth that we measure happens during the loading itself and the cell growth in recovery is a strengthening of the tunica, which doesn’t contribute to length or girth, but helps us survive what we are putting it through.


7 3/4" (+3/4") BPEL x 6 1/4" (+5/16") EG

Thank you for your ideas on how growth occurs. If you are interested in mine, I have a thread on them here: More thoughts on how growth occurs.

This thread Loading, lengthening, healing. deals more in detail with adaptation of collagenous structures, and is well worth a read.


Heat makes the difference between gaining quickly or slowly for some guys, or between gaining slowly instead of not at all for others. And the ideal penis size is 7.6" BPEL x 5.6" Mid Girth.

Basics.... firegoat roll How to use the Search button for best results

I can’t claim they are my ideas, just the ideas of others that I’ve found most compelling and provide a reasonable explanation of my experience and the majority experience of others.

I enjoyed reading your thread. At one point, I thought this growth theory was the best, but I saw very little evidence that anything can provide a consistent growth rate, which one would expect of your explanation. Granted, quite a bit has happened in the last couple of years and I’m still trying to catch up on what has been working the best.

If anyone has been able to apply these ideas with success, I’d be ecstatic to hear about it.

It would seem that defining this elastic limit and being able to consistently apply the correct amount of stress to exploit it would be the first challenge. You said in your thread that “stretching at the max length” is the sweet spot, but what does that mean in relation to BPEL and BPFSL? What happens when your BPFSL grows at twice the rate of your BPEL? How do you think that applies to girth exercises, such as jelqs, and more to the point of this thread, pumping?

The second challenge would be optimizing the duration of each exercise. Certainly, stress is a factor of force and duration. At what duration can the most growth be encouraged while avoiding damage and minimizing a protective response?

You also said that stretching at that limit would be safe at 6 days a week. In this thread, you said that twice a day to too often. So, are you saying 24 hour recovery is sufficient? What is too long?

One point you and I fully agree on (or so it seems to me) is that decon breaks are essential in resetting a plateaued growth rate. Others have done it by throwing alternate stressors at the penis, but I think this is just another way to toughen it up. It is still unclear to me how long decon breaks really need to be, but it seems like more than a month and maybe several.

Thanks for pointing out your thread and redirecting me to Loading, lengthening and healing. I’ve tried to make it through that one already, but it is quite long with a lot of back and forth. I’ll give it another go, soon. :-)


7 3/4" (+3/4") BPEL x 6 1/4" (+5/16") EG

Top
123

All times are GMT. The time now is 04:58 PM.