Thunder's Place

The big penis and mens' sexual health source, increasing penis size around the world.

Why we don't gain from hanging

There are many theories.

If you propose to PE on a more continual basis, it seems that low stress/tension/weight for long periods of time works best. Even then there should be breaks. Periods of rest and recouping.

I see a lot of approaches these days that are centered more on some variation of the “overwhelming force” type of model. No breaks and ever increasing stress. Be aware that this model is vastly more prone to injury than other, more modest approaches.

The ultimate goal is about having a working dick.


Before: I'd like to show you something I'm very proud of, but you'll have to move real close.

After: I\'d like to show you something I\'m very proud of, but you guys in the front row will have to stand back.

God gave men both a penis and a brain, but unfortunately not enough blood supply to run both at the same time. - Robin Williams (:

Originally Posted by Mr. Happy

There are many theories.

If you propose to PE on a more continual basis, it seems that low stress/tension/weight for long periods of time works best. Even then there should be breaks. Periods of rest and recouping.

I see a lot of approaches these days that are centered more on some variation of the “overwhelming force” type of model. No breaks and ever increasing stress. Be aware that this model is vastly more prone to injury than other, more modest approaches.

The ultimate goal is about having a working dick.

Yes.

I want to add: think what happens if you are using a weight that is causing damages to your penis just in your first or second set, like lostracco is saying he is doing, and then going ahead for another 20,30…38 sets. Just imagine what is happening inside the tissues.

If I pull my skin with enough force to cause a stretch mark in just 10 minutes, then I go ahead pulling with the same force for another 9 hours without appreciable rest..tell me, what will happen?

So, hanging for 10 hours daily is possible only if one is using a so light weigth that there isn’t any micro-tears (or whatever you do want to call that damage). You are just causing an elastic elongation - it means the collagen tends to stretch more easily, and given the viscous properties of collagen, it tends also to stay longer for a while when tension is removed. The point is: why using an hanger for that?

Most of people wants to do hanging so they can apply enough force for a longer period of time than is possible with manual stretches, in a attempt to create that little level of damage that can stimulate growth.

That’s the danger: believing that you can use a lot of force for many hours daily, because tissue “will heal anyway, even without rest”. That’s not true.

:iws:

Well said.

Originally Posted by marinera
If I pull my skin with enough force to cause a stretch mark in just 10 minutes, then I go ahead pulling with the same force for another 9 hours without appreciable rest..tell me, what will happen?

Unsightly lesions? (:


Before: I'd like to show you something I'm very proud of, but you'll have to move real close.

After: I\'d like to show you something I\'m very proud of, but you guys in the front row will have to stand back.

God gave men both a penis and a brain, but unfortunately not enough blood supply to run both at the same time. - Robin Williams (:

That’s my guess. ;)

Originally Posted by marinera
Therefore, tendinosis is a slow accumulation of little injuries that are not repaired properly and leave the tendon vulnerable to yet more injury. This failed healing process is the reason many people with tendinosis don’t completely heal from it and can’t go back to their previous level of activity. Once the tendinosis cycle starts, the tendon rarely heals back to it’s pre-injury state.

Nice find, it kinda suggests that the gains is permanent. I find forces of up to 4 pounds is enough for me so far, it doesn’t take much force for me but time and frequency is key.

It kinda suggests that the illness is permanent. Read the full article.

Anyway, 4 lbs are a good weight to hang for elastic gains - and I agree that in that case frequency (or however time under tension) is the key. ;)

Originally Posted by Mr. Happy
You don’t want to rest? Don’t rest.

I think that’s a foolish approach. You need to give your body time to adjust. If you don’t… oftentimes bad things happen.

Good luck.

Not with hanging. If you want gains.

I sleep for eight hours per day without weights hanging off my dick.. that’s enough. You don’t have to build in rest days.

~L


"HALT! This is a no-turtle zone."

5/14/09 - BPEL 7.0" BPFSL 8.25" EG 4.5"

1/1/10 - BPEL 7.5" BPFSL 9.0" EG 5.0" - GOAL

See you in injuries forum. :wave:

That or the upcoming “why can’t I gain” thread.


Before: I'd like to show you something I'm very proud of, but you'll have to move real close.

After: I\'d like to show you something I\'m very proud of, but you guys in the front row will have to stand back.

God gave men both a penis and a brain, but unfortunately not enough blood supply to run both at the same time. - Robin Williams (:

Originally Posted by marinera
Yes.

I want to add: think what happens if you are using a weight that is causing damages to your penis just in your first or second set, like lostracco is saying he is doing, and then going ahead for another 20,30…38 sets. Just imagine what is happening inside the tissues.

If I pull my skin with enough force to cause a stretch mark in just 10 minutes, then I go ahead pulling with the same force for another 9 hours without appreciable rest..tell me, what will happen?

So, hanging for 10 hours daily is possible only if one is using a so light weigth that there isn’t any micro-tears (or whatever you do want to call that damage). You are just causing an elastic elongation - it means the collagen tends to stretch more easily, and given the viscous properties of collagen, it tends also to stay longer for a while when tension is removed. The point is: why using an hanger for that?

Most of people wants to do hanging so they can apply enough force for a longer period of time than is possible with manual stretches, in a attempt to create that little level of damage that can stimulate growth.

That’s the danger: believing that you can use a lot of force for many hours daily, because tissue “will heal anyway, even without rest”. That’s not true.

The answer to your question is:

You want to do as much as possible based on your privacy time. If you only have 6 sets a day, for example, sure. That’s all you might need to deform tissues at a given angle. If you have more, you can work on such tissue sets as ligs, left tunica, right tunica, use fulcrum angles, whatever. There’s other avenues. It’d be unproductive to hang one angle all day. I agree.

The eight hours you sleep at night and the incidental rest when you can’t hang is enough rest. Other than that, you’ll gain and deform the penis faster if you’re constantly stretching it.

~L


"HALT! This is a no-turtle zone."

5/14/09 - BPEL 7.0" BPFSL 8.25" EG 4.5"

1/1/10 - BPEL 7.5" BPFSL 9.0" EG 5.0" - GOAL

Originally Posted by Mr. Happy
See you in injuries forum. :wave:

That or the upcoming “why can’t I gain” thread.

Guess you missed the one about me gaining 1/4 inch in 2 weeks?

~L


"HALT! This is a no-turtle zone."

5/14/09 - BPEL 7.0" BPFSL 8.25" EG 4.5"

1/1/10 - BPEL 7.5" BPFSL 9.0" EG 5.0" - GOAL

There was no real question there, lostracco.

Originally Posted by lostracco
Guess you missed the one about me gaining 1/4 inch in 2 weeks?


I don’t care.

I think your philosophy and approach are short-sighted, and possibly dangerous.

It’s likely that you’re short-term gains are just that: short-term gains.

Quote
Other than that, you’ll gain and deform the penis faster if you’re constantly stretching it.


There is a limit to the usefulness of this idea.

hobby has some very pragmatic thoughts on this.

And the idea that faster is better is also very limited.


Before: I'd like to show you something I'm very proud of, but you'll have to move real close.

After: I\'d like to show you something I\'m very proud of, but you guys in the front row will have to stand back.

God gave men both a penis and a brain, but unfortunately not enough blood supply to run both at the same time. - Robin Williams (:

Originally Posted by lostracco

Guess you missed the one about me gaining 1/4 inch in 2 weeks?

~L

We know. It’s the Internet, right?

Originally Posted by Mr. Happy
I don’t care.

I think your philosophy and approach are short-sighted, and possibly dangerous.

It’s likely that you’re short-term gains are just that: short-term gains.

There is a limit to the usefulness of this idea.

hobby has some very pragmatic thoughts on this.

And the idea that faster is better is also very limited.

I’ve gained almost 2 inches now since I started.. hanging like this w/o rest days. That’s been about 2 years.

It’s going to be different for every guy’s situation.. granted, but I really wish you guys would stop leading people to believe that they need to rest when hanging.. you don’t.

Dangerous I might agree with.. I’m pretty seasoned with it and know what I’m doing (and not doing) so I’ll go with that, and agree that there’s some skill you need to develop to do it safely.

But seriously, stop telling people they need to rest.

~L


"HALT! This is a no-turtle zone."

5/14/09 - BPEL 7.0" BPFSL 8.25" EG 4.5"

1/1/10 - BPEL 7.5" BPFSL 9.0" EG 5.0" - GOAL

Originally Posted by marinera
There was no real question there, lostracco.

Your post ignored the fact that you can attack different angles with a hanger.

10 hours hanging does not equal 10 hours on the same tissue sets.

In the case that you were hanging one way for that long, it’d be valid.

In the case that you were switching it up, it would not.

Just wanted you to recognize that you’re excluding some very important data.

~L


"HALT! This is a no-turtle zone."

5/14/09 - BPEL 7.0" BPFSL 8.25" EG 4.5"

1/1/10 - BPEL 7.5" BPFSL 9.0" EG 5.0" - GOAL

Top

All times are GMT. The time now is 07:02 PM.