The Wallyhanger: work in progress
The Wallyhanger: thinking of a simple yet effective construction
Greetings my fellow PE brothers.
Since I’ve been doing my newbie-routine for two and a half months now, I am planning for my future PE activities. One thing I definitly want to try is hanging. Great for length gains as I’ve read, but due to the equipment needed somewhat costlier. So I was thinking about a do-it-yourself hanger, built from thigns I would find around the house. Here’s the prototype.
What I found and deemed usefull:
- A simple belt with two rings for the closing mechanism
- A soft protection bag originally intended for keeping my sunglasses in it
- Two snap hooks
- Several weight discs belonging to my dumb bells
- Some string for attaching the weight discs
Look at picture #1 , it shows all the stuff I used.
How I built the hanger
- First, I locked the belt as shown in picture #2. It’s just putting the end of the belt through both rings.
- Now I turned the end around and put it through the first belt again. This is shown in picture #3. It allows for first regulating the tightness of the belt and locking it on the preferred/needed tightness afterwards. The picture shows which part of the belt to pull in order to do so. Well, you will know as soon as you try this for yourself, it’s really simple.
- Now I clipped those snap hooks to the round shape formed by the belt. There’s one eyelet where the rings are attached to the belt itself; I attached one hook there. The other one could just be placed on the main ring itself. (See picture #4.)
- The next part is just for demonstration and should only be done after attaching the hanger as it was prepared in step 3. Well, obviously the strings are for supporting the weight discs. I attached them to the hooks in the way shown in picture 5. This is just one possibility, however. One could also make two separate knots (one for every hook). It’s just a question of taste or what fits best for you.
Et... la nuit se continue. C\'est vrai. Elle est complètement dechirée - ma tête.