The Best Hanging Routine Ever
Now that I’ve got your attention…
I want to devise the best hanging routine possible. I’m still so new to hanging (3 weeks in) that I often find myself questioning my routine (I do believe it is the route to significant length gains).
I have a LOT of 9:00 and hope to achieve 3/4” EL gain in a decent amount of time and then focus on girth – I think my LOT allows for lig gains.
I’d love to get some feedback from vets and anyone else about my approach:
In the AM
Hot wrap w/ rice sock (this I do for first 5 min of every set)
1. 5 lbs straight down sitting - 10 min
2. 10 lbs BTC - 15 min
3. 10 lbs BTC - 15 min (my limit)
4. 7.5 lbs BTC -20 min
5. 5 lbs BTC -20 min
Repeat #5 as much as possible BTC or straight down as an ADS
(I have a job that allows great privacy and time)
I rest 10 mins between sets and encourage circulation.
The routine is 5 days on 2 days off.
My questions include:
1. I “think” I reach fatigue at about the end of #3 (10 lbs/15 min). Whether it’s fatigue I don’t know – I just know I have a sense that I can’t take it anymore and want to stop.
Does this sound right?
2. Although I could probably handle more than 5lbs in the “ADS” sets, I like it because I hardly know I’m hanging and can concentrate on work (sometimes I even forget). Should I consider more weight here, or do I risk “toughening” the ligs?
3. Given that I have ample time to hang – would it be a wiser approach to split the difference of the entire routine and hang: 6-7 lbs for very long and very many sets?
I should note that I have been injury free and want to keep it that way. The 10-lb sets come closest to a sense that I could hurt myself – so I wouldn’t mind keeping weight lower and sets longer – what do you guys think about lower weight/longer sets, anyway?
Skin has stretched but no gains yet. Anything you good people can add would be very much appreciated.
BTW- I just want to add that I think Thunder’s Place is the greatest forum I have ever experienced - PE or otherwise.