Thunder's Place

The big penis and mens' sexual health source, increasing penis size around the world.

Loss of stability from hanging

Alright, you guys are both moderators, and clearly MUCH more knowledgeable than me. Before I say anything, I want to make it clear that I respect you both, and your knowledge, and I recognize that I’m still new.

On the bright side, I’m not set in my ways, and I haven’t completely defined my views of PE yet; in other words, I’m reading what you are saying, and I have an open mind. I’m more than willing to be convinced of the error of my ways & what the most correct views are.

—Hanging: Too Good to be true?—
One more thing, I’m on this thread because I want to become an expert on hanging, and I want to use it to get some serious length gains. Also, losing stability definitely scares me. Maybe hanging seemed to good to be true (I had only heard good things). So its good to see another perspective.

Originally Posted by ModestoMan
The ligs do hold the shaft near to the pubic bone during erection. Loosening the ligs too much can give the shaft more “play” than is desired. It’s best, I think, to go easy on the lig stretching and focus instead on a well-rounded PE routine.


—Hanging Could Cause a Loss of Stability—
This quote from ModestoMan clearly explains why and how hanging could make a penis less stable (because of lig stretching). So from this point of view, hanging CAN definitely cause a loss of stability.

Originally Posted by marinera
If so (you are saying that), your inner penis will become less exposed, so the penis will appear shorter.
I think is better to avoid dreaming of ligs-elongating gains of several inches, and forget also the LOT theory, strictly linked with that dream.


—Lig gains: Don’t bother?—
Ok—don’t worry, I never thought someone could gain several inches from hanging. Based on what I had read on these forums, of course from authors other than ModestoMan & Marinera, I thought lig gains of 1” perhaps up to 2” were both reasonable and possible.

Marinera—I just wonder why you’re saying to avoid dreaming of lig gains. I know LOT theory is mostly rejected on this forum—but I didn’t know people were rejecting the idea of gains from lig stretching (did I miss something?).

I didn’t get Bibs permission to post this, but I thought people may find this contrasting view informative and helpful.

By the way Modestoman, Bib agrees that hanging does cause a loss of stability to some extent, regardless of how careful one is.

However, Bib/ Bigger believes level of stability lost is not significant IF the hanger is doing things in a controlled, intelligent manner. If the hanger does stupid, careless things and injures himself, a massive loss in stability can definitely happen.

Quote
Blink: >I’m just wondering what your thoughts are on general stability though. Is there truly a big loss in stability of the penis/ erection once a person significantly stretches their ligs?<

Bib: Absolutely a loss in stability, but nothing significant. The penis is very well anchored within the pelvic cradle. That will not change, unless you really tore something doing stupid things.
http://www.bibhanger.com/forums/php…c.php?f=2&t=592


He goes further to say that that the whole subject is somewhat of a moot point.

Quote
The question should be, what the hell difference does it make? The answer is NONE. This is because until this paragraph, we have not examined the OTHER source of erection stability….namely the vagina. Or any other suitable crucible, your choice.

Whatever the position, however hard you decide to thrust, as long as you have a suitably hard erection, and a strong enough tunica, the vagina will very well support the penis on it’s journey. NO amount of additional support from ligs or anything else needed.
(see above for source)


It appears there are two diametrically opposed points of view here. Some believe hanging will cause a significant loss in stability and others believe hanging does not really change stability of the penis.

Personally, I’m convinced hanging will cause somewhat of a stability loss even if I am careful. To some extent, stability will also be lost, just because the penis is bigger. Losing stability does scare me, but if that’s the sacrifice I will have to make for a bigger penis, I think it’s worth it. To each his own.

I have gained from BTC hanging but my erection is still same angle. Actually, I think it points little higher than before.


Hanging through the year 2012. Check my log.

blink, I think what are you missing is this:

Bib’ opinions are respected, but some guys here don’t believe those opinions have more value than reason or empiric evidence. I wonder how do you got the conclusion that ligs gains could lead to 2” gains, or how could you believe it would be a safe thing to achieve. You report Bib beliefs as those were axioms -I suggest you reflect on that.

Originally Posted by marinera
blink, I think what are you missing is this:

Bib’ opinions are respected, but some guys here don’t believe those opinions have more value than reason or empiric evidence. I wonder how do you got the conclusion that ligs gains could lead to 2” gains, or how could you believe it would be a safe thing to achieve. You report Bib beliefs as those were axioms -I suggest you reflect on that.

If you don’t believe lig gains are possible, why worry about whether they are safe?

Originally Posted by ModestoMan
Not entirely. The ligs do hold the shaft near to the pubic bone during erection. Loosening the ligs too much can give the shaft more “play” than is desired. It’s best, I think, to go easy on the lig stretching and focus instead on a well-rounded PE routine.

I’m not too sure about this. When I have an erection my ‘ligs’ aren’t tight. In fact, I don’t feel them engaged at all. It’s almost like my ligs are only there to support my junk when flaccid.

Originally Posted by GlandMaster
Who? I experienced just the opposite, base girth growth.

GM


Me too, my increased base girth has made my penis much more stable. Just last night I was messing around with my girlfriend in the kitchen and got an erection while wearing pajama bottoms. While joking around I put my dick through the back of a kitchen chair and slid the chair around the kitchen with just my dick. She got a kick out of it. And, I would never have been able to do that pre PE.


Then (4.5 nbpel x 4.75 mseg)

Now (5.625 nbpel, x 5.25 mseg)

Originally Posted by blink2000
I thought lig gains of 1” perhaps up to 2” were both reasonable and possible.


I thought that there were cases where some people (not all!, just some) attributed part of their gains to lig stretching. By no means was I trying to imply that everyone could always gain that much.

I’ve read post after post saying lig gains are possible—but now for the first time I’m reading a view that they are not possible. I’m just wondering if this is only your personal view, or if you’re representing the whole PE community by saying lig gains are just a dream.

First of all, I like your thread on “Loading, lengthening, healing”—I also appreciate that you use real empirical evidence and logic.

This quote is just to show that you’re using medical journal evidence on rat tail tendon experiments.

Originally Posted by marinera
Loading, lengthening, healing.
As we know, there aren’t useful studies specifically referring to penile tissue and effects of loads; given that tunica albuginea is pretty similar to connective tissue, we have to read at something similar but a bit more scientifically studied : tendons and ligs. Let’s see:

The Mechanical Properties of Rat Tail Tendon
BERNARD J. RIGBY, NISHIO HIRAI, JOHN D. SPIKES,
and HENRY EYRING
http://www.jgp.org/cgi/reprint/43/2/265.pdf


Ok—here’s my confusion—you’re using a study on ligaments and saying its similar to the tunica, and using that logically to explain tunica growth. Now here’s a question—why can’t this same study, which is in fact about tendon or ligament tissue also be applied to explain ligament growth?

I thought you were a strong proponent of lig stretching/ growth after reading your posts. That’s why I’m completely stunned to hear you say lig gains aren’t possible (well, you said more specifically they are ‘just a dream’). I’m sure you have a reason for saying that..

Perhaps theres something you could link me where you have already explained what appears to be a contradiction.

blink, have you read the link that were posted before on this same thread?

About the thread of mine you linked, I’m not saying that ligs can’t be elongated, I’m saying that I don’t think you can gain 2” of “visible” penis by lengthening suspensory ligs. I bet you can get the difference.

I also suggest that, when you want to speak about a post in a given thread, you read the whole thread.


Last edited by marinera : 07-08-2008 at .

Originally Posted by Dick Builder

I’m not too sure about this. When I have an erection my ‘ligs’ aren’t tight. In fact, I don’t feel them engaged at all. It’s almost like my ligs are only there to support my junk when flaccid.

I felt my ligs a lot (sometimes painfully) when I first started having sex in my teens and 20’s. Now my ligs are looser and I barely feel them at all when I’m erect.

You’re probably right about downward hanging thickening the base and improving stabilty—or at least not making it worse. Whereas cutting or simply stretching the ligs may result in a loss of stability, stressing them with downward hanging generally strengthens the ligs as they adapt to the stress.


Enter your measurements in the PE Database.

Originally Posted by ModestoMan
I felt my ligs a lot (sometimes painfully) when I first started having sex in my teens and 20’s. Now my ligs are looser and I barely feel them at all when I’m erect.

You’re probably right about downward hanging thickening the base and improving stabilty—or at least not making it worse. Whereas cutting or simply stretching the ligs may result in a loss of stability, stressing them with downward hanging generally strengthens the ligs as they adapt to the stress.


Exactly, my ligs aren’t restraining my erection. That fact, coupled with some of the discussion you’ve been involved with here at Thunders is why I changed my mind about focusing on the ligs in order to gain erect length. It just doesn’t make sense.

Blink2000 brought up a good point in another thread on circulation about our bodies adapting to the clamping forces of our hangers by increasing circulation. I’m starting to think that having my dick clamped in my bib several hours a day may contribute to the base girth and increased harness of erections, and stability, I’ve experienced.

Do vac-hangers experience base girth increases?


Then (4.5 nbpel x 4.75 mseg)

Now (5.625 nbpel, x 5.25 mseg)

Lig Gains

Here’s two views of lig gains:
westla90069 - The best hanging angle for length? Anatomy regards
Surely gains don’t come from stretching ligs!

Originally Posted by marinera
I’m not saying that ligs can’t be elongated, I’m saying that I don’t think you can gain 2” of “visible” penis by lengthening suspensory ligs.


Hey, I said 1”-2”, not 2”. Those numbers were given to represent a hypothetical top-end of physiological possibility, assuming ideal circumstances, and it’s based on what I read on this forum. Also, I didn’t specify whether I was talking about erect or flacid gains. It appears you’re saying neither are possible anyway.

Originally Posted by marinera
I think is better to avoid dreaming of ligs-elongating gains of several inches, and forget also the LOT theory, strictly linked with that dream.


I don’t know anyone that has ever posted who thought lig gains of several inches were possible, nor did I ever imply this.

Originally Posted by marinera
Bib’ opinions are respected, but some guys here don’t believe those opinions have more value than reason or empiric evidence. I wonder how do you got the conclusion that ligs gains could lead to 2” gains, or how could you believe it would be a safe thing to achieve. You report Bib beliefs as those were axioms -I suggest you reflect on that.


What are you talking about? I said this is just another viewpoint. I only gave another side to what felt like a one-sided debate. I did NOT report those beliefs as axioms, so you’re reading into what I said. Look at what I wrote:

Originally Posted by Blink2000
“I thought people may find this contrasting view informative and helpful”.


Contrast is a gentle way of saying there’s an opposing view.

Originally Posted by marinera
Bib’ opinions are respected, but some guys here don’t believe those opinions have more value than reason or empiric evidence.


You’re making me feel like anyone that doesn’t adopt your exact point of view is not using logic or reason and they are ignoring empiric evidence. This wouldn’t be as unsettling if I could figure out what exactly your point of view was.

Sorry :(

blink, my point of view is pretty simple: if you elongate suspensory ligs, your “inner penis” will not be pulled out, at least not in an appreciable measure. You could gain something in your SD length, but SO or straight up length will not change noticeably. If you want a longer penis, you have to elongate shaft.


Last edited by marinera : 07-08-2008 at .
Top

All times are GMT. The time now is 01:08 PM.