Thunder's Place

The big penis and mens' sexual health source, increasing penis size around the world.

How much weight to start with?

How much weight to start with?

I started with 1 lb on my vacuhanger and it doesn’t really fatigue me that much. What is a good starting weight for a new hanger?

Thanks

It depends on the individual, really.

How long are you hanging for (period of time)? Usually it is better to error on the side of caution, then move up.

Also, remember that a Vac hanger is part pump, so that needs to be factored in as well. That doesn’t seem to get much attention, but I think it is something that need to be considered. Getting conditioned to the effect of a pump (though, maybe mild) makes Vac hanging a two tiered system.

Other than not really feeling fatigued how are you progressing, meaning how are your erections? Specifically, at least a day later, is the guideline I use.

I do 3 30 minute sessions. I’m willing to do less (or more) depending on the weights

Erections seem to be the same as yesterday (i started yesterday) But I’m a young guy and my erections are always strong.

Is 3 lbs generally good ir it is also too low? I’m thinking of going up to 3 or 5 lbs

Agreed, esp. about the ‘pump’ effect. I love the vac. hanger, but I’ll blister if I wear it all day (damn that stings!), so I alternate with the AutoADS, which I also find very comfortable. When I use the hanger as a hanger (i.e., not an ADS), I’m up to 14lb. now. Started at 5.


Last edited by plustwo : 12-22-2006 at .

What I say is just a personal opinion (which could be wrong), ponder about it, if you wish, and use your own judgment to make up your mind. Vac hanger is sort of a new technique, unless you are an experienced pumper, I suggest the old fashion way of hanging with either a Bib hanger or a foam pipe wench (very easy to build following instructions you can find in this site).

One pound is a really light weight: so light it could easily be worn all day for years, without even producing much result. In my opinion it does not make much sense to hang with one pound, unless one uses it as an all day stretcher (ADS). My understanding is that, applying less than three pounds, it is pointless to endure a hanging session. Most people start getting gains with about 15 pounds. As a newbie (see hanging 101), one is supposed to start light, with, say, three pounds for fifteen minutes in the morning and fifteen minutes in the night, building up his weight by one pound a week, up to fifteen or more pounds until eventually perform a minimum of one hour of daily workout (better two hours) in order to see gains. Wrapping is the key to success, as it can make a big difference between a comfortable workout and a miserable skin soreness. Follow Bib’s instructions LITERALLY. Take your time to experiment, but remember that if you get discomfort doing a 15 minute session with 3 or 4 pounds, it means that your setting is wrong and that you have to work.on it to understand why it is wrong. Pain is always the sign you are doing it wrong, avoid pain.

Welcome in the club!


Perseverance wins

Originally Posted by og6
I do 3 30 minute sessions. I’m willing to do less (or more) depending on the weights

Erections seem to be the same as yesterday (i started yesterday) But I’m a young guy and my erections are always strong.

Is 3 lbs generally good ir it is also too low? I’m thinking of going up to 3 or 5 lbs

og6,

3 30 minute sessions for a total of 1 1/2 hrs, right?

How much PE experience do you have? Have you completed the Newbie routine, or something similar to it? if you have you might be able to move up in weight a bit, but, again, the vacuum part of the hanger needs to be factored for.

You say your erections are strong, does your upper shaft, or glans, specifically, seem bigger than normal? I would think that with that amount of time, there should be some lymph build-up. If not, I would think that you could move up in weight.

Try 2lb, evaluate from there. And so on. Again, there is the vacuum part of the device that is completely separate than the hanger part of it that needs to be considered before just jumping up significantly in either weight or time.

Originally Posted by buby
What I say is just a personal opinion (which could be wrong), ponder about it, if you wish, and use your own judgment to make up your mind. Vac hanger is sort of a new technique, unless you are an experienced pumper, I suggest the old fashion way of hanging with either a Bib hanger or a foam pipe wench (very easy to build following instructions you can find in this site).

I am considering interchanging the V hanger with a clamp style hanger.

Originally Posted by buby
One pound is a really light weight: so light it could easily be worn all day for years, without even producing much result. In my opinion it does not make much sense to hang with one pound, unless one uses it as an all day stretcher (ADS).

Right now I use 1lb with the Vac hanger. I tried 2lb & I was sore with the negative PI of weak erection. Again, with a V hanger, even at 1lb, the vac is working, so it may not completely pointless.

Originally Posted by buby
My understanding is that, applying less than three pounds, it is pointless to endure a hanging session. Most people start getting gains with about 15 pounds. As a newbie (see hanging 101), one is supposed to start light, with, say, three pounds for fifteen minutes in the morning and fifteen minutes in the night, building up his weight by one pound a week, up to fifteen or more pounds until eventually perform a minimum of one hour of daily workout (better two hours) in order to see gains. Wrapping is the key to success, as it can make a big difference between a comfortable workout and a miserable skin soreness. Follow Bib’s instructions LITERALLY. Take your time to experiment, but remember that if you get discomfort doing a 15 minute session with 3 or 4 pounds, it means that your setting is wrong and that you have to work.on it to understand why it is wrong. Pain is always the sign you are doing it wrong, avoid pain.

I think having a goal of getting to 15lbs is misguided, with all due respect. Getting to a certain weight is a part of the process of getting gains, not the objective.

All that said, I have read some of your posts in the Pumper’s forum, recently, buby. So overall, I value your opinion, especially on pumping, despite the minor disagreement on hanging. But I think you are right in that the vacuum part of vacuum hanging is something that needs to be seen as what it is - pumping.

Thanks, buby. :up:

Tivase,

thank you for taking your time to discuss things with me.

I think I understand that an experienced hanger can probably get gains with light weights at unusual angles but, trying to give some clues to a person evidently new to hanging, I have mentioned the fifteen pound benchmark as it has been quoted so many times by so many people as a turning point.
I agree it is not a goal by itself, is just a reference which, if grasped, might convince some one that feeling pain with one pound or two means his set up is completely wrong.
Having said this, you are right, my main experience is with pumping,
I have just started serious hanging, but I know enough to state doubtlessly that, with a correct set up, everybody should be able to comfortably endure a fifteen minute session with two or three pounds of weight.


Perseverance wins

Just curious, why do you suppose it is that hanging needs about 15lbs of force to really produce results, whereas a lot of people get just fine results from mere manual stretching for 20 minutes or whatever a day? Certainly it isn’t possible that the people doing manual stretching are apply more than 15lbs force, yet they are doing it for much shorter period of time.

vkn1,

I suppose it because that is the weight at which I started seeing gains.

I have a theory, I call PPM (Pounds Per Minute) according to which one should actually obtain gains with whatever weight he wants, but, as the amount of time required for growth to occur increases as weight decreases, to see gains with one pound one should use it for many hours a day along a period of years.

I am too old for this kind of patience

:-)


Perseverance wins

Had you already been doing much PE before you started hanging? Do you think the 15lb number might possibly only have be because of you were quite conditioned already when you started? After your tunica had become quite conditioned?

Originally Posted by vkn1
Just curious, why do you suppose it is that hanging needs about 15lbs of force to really produce results, whereas a lot of people get just fine results from mere manual stretching for 20 minutes or whatever a day? Certainly it isn’t possible that the people doing manual stretching are apply more than 15lbs force, yet they are doing it for much shorter period of time.

vk,

With manual stretching you are probably applying MUCH MORE force than 15lb, check out your pulling strength with a fish scale; an intense manual stretch may yield 50, 60 or 70 lbs of pull, that’s why manual stretching can produce gains through little time: it’s a big force you’re exerting there:

time x force = gains

The big force lessening the need for long times PE’ing. I think using an ADS or hanging light weights is safer (short & long term), with less scar tissue produced.

edit: of course I don’t know that for sure.

..

Originally Posted by Tivase
og6,

3 30 minute sessions for a total of 1 1/2 hrs, right?

Yes this is right.

How much PE experience do you have? Have you completed the Newbie routine, or something similar to it? if you have you might be able to move up in weight a bit, but, again, the vacuum part of the hanger needs to be factored for.

No I am new to PE in general. I don't really know how much of a factor this is

You say your erections are strong, does your upper shaft, or glans, specifically, seem bigger than normal? I would think that with that amount of time, there should be some lymph build-up. If not, I would think that you could move up in weight.

No there is no lymph buildup. Since there is no fatigue either I am guessing my dick doesn't even notice the weight

Try 2lb, evaluate from there. And so on. Again, there is the vacuum part of the device that is completely separate than the hanger part of it that needs to be considered before just jumping up significantly in either weight or time.

Not sure what you mean by this?

Thanks

Originally Posted by og6
No I am new to PE in general. I don’t really know how much of a factor this is

Wow, 90 minutes, as a rank Newbie? :)

Well, I must say that I would have figured that, at least, there would have been a problem with lymph build-up. Are you sure that your foreskin isn’t a little puffy?

Originally Posted by og6
No there is no lymph buildup. Since there is no fatigue either I am guessing my dick doesn’t even notice the weight

If no lymph problems, then move up to 2lbs.

Originally Posted by Tivase
Try 2lb, evaluate from there. And so on. Again, there is the vacuum part of the device that is completely separate than the hanger part of it that needs to be considered before just jumping up significantly in either weight or time.

Originally Posted by og6
Not sure what you mean by this?

What I was saying was move up to 2lbs, if there were no problems with 1lb. Then re-evaluate how things went with the 2lb weight. If all things are OK, then go up again to 3lbs, and so on.

My point was not to get too extreme, suddenly, because the vacuum of the Vac Hanger can really draw a lot of lymph into the penis which is an issue, in and of itself, completely separate from the weight hanging aspect of using the Vac Hanger.

Vacuum on a penis is a form of PE by itself. The Vac hanger uses a pump-less penis vacuum cylinder similar to a vacuum glans enlarger - only a weight is attached to this to be called hanging. This is not just hanging - this is hanging while using a pump-less penis pump as an attachment.

It is comfortable and less complicated than clamp-style hangers, but it is also potentially very problematic, as well. Blood blisters can form from getting too extreme with Vac Hanger routines.

www.tigerpumping.com See pics here of what lymph can do to a penis (warning: hardcore pumping w/ some gay content - I’m not gay, though - not that there is anything wrong with high soy content diets :) ). Though I am no real expert on pumping, I think mot pumpers would agree that the penis needs to be conditioned to the effects of pumping - which is what is happening with the upper shaft and glans while the Vac Hanger is on. That part of the V hanger seems to not be focused on very much, but it is an issue.

Originally Posted by og6
Thanks

:up:


Last edited by Tivase : 12-23-2006 at .

Originally Posted by ThunderSS
I broke your link Tivase. Against Forum Guidelines.

I though it might be considering the some of the content there.

Top
Similar Threads 
ThreadStarterForumRepliesLast Post
Rough calculation of weight required to deform tunicasheLovesItPenis Hangers507-08-2005 10:08 PM
I`m new to hanging: Is there an "ideal" weight? (Bib and other experts, please read)newbiehanger22Penis Hangers703-12-2004 05:14 AM
Hanging: Weight <->Time: Sore feelingMiggelodeonPenis Hangers312-01-2003 06:04 PM

All times are GMT. The time now is 04:54 AM.