Thunder's Place

The big penis and mens' sexual health source, increasing penis size around the world.

BIB Starter Hanger attachment problems

BIB Starter Hanger attachment problems

Mods, please move this to Hanger’s when able. Was not able to post new thread in Hanger’s forum because I’m a new member, but that is where this thread belongs.

Anyone,

Finally received the Bib Starter in the mail. I’ve been struggling with the device for the last three days, I’m at the end of my rope and I feel like I need help. I have been spending on average 40 minutes on attachment for each 20 minute set that I’ve attempted. I’m very frustrated.

My prior hanging experience has been over the last two months using a home made sock hanger and then another month with the Captn’s Wrench. 6sets x 20min/day 7.5lbs. I’ve made some gains using the home made devices, but I just can’t get the Starter to work for me.

I have tried different methods of wrapping:

Ace bandage 1.5x20,” and 1.5x15,” with 1.5x15” Grey Theraband final wrap spiraled from just behind the coronal ridge all the way to the base. Theraband only, wrapping from the base up, wrapping loose, wrapping tight, etc.. And no matter what I do - toe-in, toe-out, wide base and narrow, with varying amounts of weight ranging from 2.5-7.5lbs the shaft twists in one direction or another as soon as I release the weight. Releasing the weight is very painful and feels like a sharp stabbing pain in the ligaments or soft tissues at the attachment point. Pain goes away immediately as I recover the weight with my hand. Even with 2.5lbs.

I have not been able to avoid slippage, either. As soon as I release the weight the hanger slips down to maybe 1/2 to 1/4 inch behind my glans. It’s not uncomfortable resting there and has not resulted in any bruising, but I feel like the hanger is not properly grasping the internal structures. The skin is riding over top of the internals and the entire ensemble rides down to just behind the head.

The hanger is currently setup with 1/8inch toe-out at the adjustment nuts. Adjustment nuts are about 1/2 inch out from the hinge. The top tightener wingnut brings the top teeth almost all the way together when fully tightened to the edge of discomfort. There is a little bit of room to tighten beyond discomfort, but I don’t feel comfortable going that far.

Starting dimensions 6x5. I am uncut and have a large amount of extra skin which has been stretched by the homemade hangers. I always make it a point of stretching the skin back towards my body while setting up the wrap, but I have tried allowing it to remain neutral as well.

I have read Blink2000’s guide, the Bib product guide, the Dragon’s troubleshooting thread and I can’t figure out what I’m doing wrong.

Please help!

Thanks in advance,
Slum

I’ve been using my bib starter for almost three months. I started out with five pounds for thee sets. After a couple days I moved up to seven pounds. This is when discomfort became an issue, but after fiddling with it for a whole month everyday, making minor adjustments I found a comfortable setting. I then moved up to ten pounds and have been there since.

When I wrap I use two 1 3/4 inch x eight inch pieces of soft shirt material and one 1 1/2 inch x seven inch piece of Thera. I wrap the first shirt around just below the glans to avoid fluid build up on the underside of the head. The next piece slightly lower, snug not loose. Then I semi tightly wrap the Thera about an inch or slightly more behind the glans. I do not spiral. I keep my wrap lined up as smooth and wrinkle free as possible.

I then snug the hanger up, Waite a minute, snug it up some more. Then I add weight. Once the weight is hanging I continue to snug the top adjustment screw as needed. I think it is normal for it to slide down toward the head but this is everything moving not slippage which is different.
Once you find the right setting hanging is a breeze.

Hope this helps.

Tenacious, I’ve had some better luck with attachment but still no solution to the twisting problem. The shaft twists inside the hanger right when I apply the weight. I’ve searched and read a bunch of threads by other people with the same issues but haven’t found anything that helps. Tried thick wrap, thin wrap, tight and loose.. Cotton underwrap or ace bandage with Thera over top.. Nothing works! It’s extremely discouraging. I only managed to hang one set today for 20 minutes, then spent almost an hour just trying to set up for the second set! Attached the hanger like fifteen times in different configurations only to have the head/shaft twist 90 degrees as soon as I applied weight. I now have a full box of different wrapping material, none of which works. Infuriating!

If you attach the hanger with no compression on the front bottom bolt…I have removed the bolt on all three (one of each type) of my BIB hangers…and only a tiny amount of compression on the rear bottom bolt and make the top bolt responsible for 99.9% of the compression, there will be no twisting.

Humbly suggest you consider a HTW wrap, lightning fast to apply and remove, as well as super comfy…or, as I do, use no wrap at all for the ultimate in ease :) .

Good luck!

xeno


originally: 6.5" BPEL x 5.0" EG (ms); currently: 9.375" BPEL x 6.75" EG (ms)

Hidden details: Finding xeno: a penis tale; Some photos: Tiger

Tell me, o monks; what cannot be achieved through efforts. - Siddhartha Gautama

I was twisting a bit, but then used a wide wrap (3 inches/7.5 cm) and tightened it a bit and the twisting ceased.


What doesn't kill you makes you longer.

Originally Posted by xenolith
If you attach the hanger with no compression on the front bottom bolt.. I have removed the bolt on all three (one of each type) of my BIB hangers.. And only a tiny amount of compression on the rear bottom bolt and make the top bolt responsible for 99.9% of the compression, there will be no twisting.

Humbly suggest you consider a HTW wrap, lightning fast to apply and remove, as well as super comfy.or, as I do, use no wrap at all for the ultimate in ease :) .

Good luck!

Xeno

Xeno,

I haven’t tried with the front bolt removed, but I’m getting pretty desperate at this point. When you say “tiny amount of compression on the rear bottom bolt” do you mean a large gap between the base and adjustment nuts? So that, looking at the opening of the hanger it looks like an upside-down V? More “^” than | |?

I understand that one would want the bottom of the opening to be wider than the top while the tightener nut is screwed in to the point where the top teeth are almost completely meshed. I can’t achieve this without a large amount of wrap for girth, which leads to more slippage and twisting.

I have tried running both adjustment nuts out to super low compression in an attempt to grasp the corpus cavernosa on both sides with more pressure from the top, but I don’t have the flaccid girth to be able to make this feasible without a lot of padding.. And all that padding causes slippage and more twisting.

Unfortunately I’m in the middle of nowhere and do not have access to HTW. I’ve tried socks, ACE wrap, t-shirt material, T-band, self adhesive ACE wrap, thinner T-band, solid wraps (where there’s no spiral) and spiral wraps with either a padding layer followed by T-band or just T-band alone (despite the pain during removal) and the T-band alone seems to work best but does nothing to prevent twisting. The only thing I haven’t tried yet is modifying the hanger.. I’ve been trying to get it to work the way it’s supposed to.

I’m also thinking that perhaps the shape of my shaft isn’t helping. I’m more “canoe” shaped in that the shaft chambers are wider than they are “thick” or “tall” if that makes sense. This shape causes the shaft to want to roll to one side or the other.

I’m too frustrated to continue today. I’ve already spent 90% of my available time just trying to get the attachment right without a twist and if I continue down this track I’ll end up throwing the hanger through a wall. Will try without the leading bolt and any other suggestions you guys come up with tomorrow and then report back.

Originally Posted by sometimesigrow
I was twisting a bit, but then used a wide wrap (3 inches/7.5 cm) and tightened it a bit and the twisting ceased.

The widest I’ve gone so far is 2 inch. If all else fails I’ll try going all the way to 3.

P.S. I read somewhere that wrapping over the head may help to prevent twisting, but with an uncut unit this just seems like a bad idea. The skin will likely bunch up under the wrap and cause serious discomfort.

Originally Posted by slumzee
Xeno,

I haven’t tried with the front bolt removed, but I’m getting pretty desperate at this point. When you say “tiny amount of compression on the rear bottom bolt” do you mean a large gap between the base and adjustment nuts? So that, looking at the opening of the hanger it looks like an upside-down V? More “^” than | |?

I understand that one would want the bottom of the opening to be wider than the top while the tightener nut is screwed in to the point where the top teeth are almost completely meshed. I can’t achieve this without a large amount of wrap for girth, which leads to more slippage and twisting.

I have tried running both adjustment nuts out to super low compression in an attempt to grasp the corpus cavernosa on both sides with more pressure from the top, but I don’t have the flaccid girth to be able to make this feasible without a lot of padding.. And all that padding causes slippage and more twisting.

Unfortunately I’m in the middle of nowhere and do not have access to HTW. I’ve tried socks, ACE wrap, t-shirt material, T-band, self adhesive ACE wrap, thinner T-band, solid wraps (where there’s no spiral) and spiral wraps with either a padding layer followed by T-band or just T-band alone (despite the pain during removal) and the T-band alone seems to work best but does nothing to prevent twisting. The only thing I haven’t tried yet is modifying the hanger.. I’ve been trying to get it to work the way it’s supposed to.

I’m also thinking that perhaps the shape of my shaft isn’t helping. I’m more “canoe” shaped in that the shaft chambers are wider than they are “thick” or “tall” if that makes sense. This shape causes the shaft to want to roll to one side or the other.

I’m too frustrated to continue today. I’ve already spent 90% of my available time just trying to get the attachment right without a twist and if I continue down this track I’ll end up throwing the hanger through a wall. Will try without the leading bolt and any other suggestions you guys come up with tomorrow and then report back.


I’m glad that you followed up…I should have mentioned that I’ve also modified my hangers. I’ve dremel tooled both the top and bottom teeth to allow for a very tight closure at the top for yes, a ^ configuration. With respect to front to back compression using the bottom bolts, I use as little compression as I can get away with the rear bolt and no compression with the front bolt. You may find it helpful to use the front bolt to spread the front open, but really the best way to accomplish the circumferential linear compression that I’m describing here (as opposed to the circumferential zone compression that the BIB applies in OEM configuration) is to simply dremel the teeth to make the BIB compress along the rear circumference and not at all along the front.

Hope that helps, let me know if not.

xeno


originally: 6.5" BPEL x 5.0" EG (ms); currently: 9.375" BPEL x 6.75" EG (ms)

Hidden details: Finding xeno: a penis tale; Some photos: Tiger

Tell me, o monks; what cannot be achieved through efforts. - Siddhartha Gautama

Does the hanging angle have any effect?

For me BTC caused the most twisting. Lately I’ve been hanging over the leg while lying on my bed I let the weights hang over the side. About half way through a set I roll over onto my side and the angle becomes straight out.

Also good for low privacy settings. People just think I sleep a lot lol.

Well, after many hours (probably on the order of 20+) of attachment experimentation I’m finally consistently hanging comfortably without any modifications. I suspect that this will continue to become easier with practice. Some learning points:

The wrap is supremely important!
The learning curve with the Starter, for me, was pretty steep. Perseverance is the key to success.
Home made hangers are easier to use but do not attach nearly as well as the Bib.
Soft tissue conditioning plays a huge part in your level of comfort.

Thanks for your time fellas.

Top
Similar Threads 
ThreadStarterForumRepliesLast Post
Any recent Bib hanger buyers???ineed9Penis Hangers701-25-2006 01:10 AM
Swap Bib Bib hanger for Starter model?funcrewPenis Hangers012-05-2004 06:52 AM

All times are GMT. The time now is 02:54 AM.