Thunder's Place

The big penis and mens' sexual health source, increasing penis size around the world.

Penis extenders & septum

Originally Posted by Fantom
I think I know what you are referring to. Can you feel the cord more from the underside, or from the top?

The septum is the portion of the tunica that is enclosing both of the spongy bodies, however it has both deep and superficial structure. Wikipedia describes the superficial structure as a single tube of fibers (imagine a sheath and oriented longitudinally) enclosing both spongy bodies. The deeper structure is fibers that lay at right angles, if you will, to that sheath, like little ringlets within the sheath. Where they meet, one would assume there is a natural ridge or prominence.

Wiki says this : “the deep fibers are arranged circularly around each corpus, and form by their junction in the median plane the septum of the penis.”

Which makes sense since “septum” is literally a divider , a “hedge” in latin. Just like the septum of your nose can be described as the longitudinally oriented structure dividing the sinuses, the penis septum forms that division down the middle that is so common in mammalian structures due to the bilateral symmetry.

I have an extender, and like you I have noticed the sensation of a rigid internal structure, it is certainly part of the tunica , it might in fact be due to the septum structure itself. But the answer I would give is that technically, when using an extender you are pulling on the very shaft itself, (the tunica), so some portion of the pulling force must be applied to it. This is the only real theory behind hanging as well. Growth or stretching through time and weight.

As for targeting sub structures of the tunica, I have to confess I don’t know how that internal anatomy responds to this kind of force. I know that in general these fibrous sheaths and that type of tissue don’t stretch much, by design. Enough to accommodate erection, obviously. What the capability beyond that is, I wouldn’t venture to guess. The success stories of hangers are testimonials to the fact that stretches can produce gains, so there must be *some* additional room for stretching or growth.

I think you should investigate the role of heat too, many who hang and stretch swear this is the secret to gains.

Thanks for your detailed reply, Fantom.

I felt again, and it does seem to be located more towards the top. Is that what you have as well?

Hello, I have this too, and feel it could be the limiting factor in my growth. I just thought it was part of the tunica, it is more toward the top centrally position.

I currently follow mems method on here Mem’s Momentous Rapid Gain Mechanism
I often feel it ‘click’ into place during the inverted V stretches. I guess that is a good sign as I am putting tension on it. Would like to know what it is though too.

You know guys, I am actually glad the septum IS there. If it where not many of us would have snapped our urethra’s by now. I know some people have snapped their urethra in PE, but not as many if that septum was not limiting tunical length gains.

Originally Posted by NiteFly69
My penis can stretch as far as the septum allows it to, no further. Whether its V or normal stretching. There’s physically no way of stretching any other part of the penis without first stretching the septum (it) feels like a very firm piece of rubber in the middle of the penis. So tough that it’s near impossible to stretch it? It’s much harder/firmer than anything else in the penis when stretching (…) My penis is however soft on the outside, with a hard cord in the middle (…) do a V-stretch and see if you can feel the thin hard cord in the middle of your shaft. It’s very obvious and feels indestructable.

You’re describing it very clearly: if people don’t know what you mean (they don’t seem to), those of us who have this may, in fact, be freaks.

If I stretch my dick with one hand and feel it with the other, the two CC chambers and urethra - everything outside/around this roughly pen-wide cord between the CC’s and touching the top of the shaft - are all UNstretched, in exactly the same way and to the same degree that a stretched length of nerf would be if there were an iron chain 1 inch shorter than it welded to its inside-upper edge: ALL the pressure is solely on this cord-thing.

I know what “veins” are: soft, squishy blood tubes. This isn’t that: it feels very much like a hard rubber sock, thicker (proportionally) than the dorsal vein is illustrated as being, but thinner than the urethra-bulge along the base.

If I then feel the upper connection point of this chain to my pelvis, it feels rock-solid - and becomes soft when I relax the stretch-pressure - do you get this too, nitefly? Maybe we just have really short ligs that extend their pressure throughout the shaft length, and this is a blessing in disguise?


Last edited by Foryourprivacy : 01-09-2010 at .

Don’t want to be a ball burster, but there aren’t ligs either that go throught the shaft length.

Marinera: I’ve been reading other threads about this - it may not be ligs or the septum, but it seems there are guys who have this thing that’s barely represented in anatomical diagrams, and guys who don’t.

Believe me, if you could make this iron chain along the top-centre part of my penis go away by busting my balls, I’d appreciate it.

Some (extensive) quoting from this thread: Need help defeating my limiting factor (the septum) - Soon2b9 is describing *exactly* what I have, and Rushmore is articulating my confusion over its apparent absence from medical diagrams:

**Soon2b9: “No matter what kind of stretch I do, this is the ONLY thing that takes any of the stress. It doesn’t matter if I try to hit the ligs, or the tunica, this thick cord that runs along the top is the only thing that takes any stress and I really want to figure out how to beat this thing into submission (…)

Additionally, I can tell that my septum limits my penis when erect. It has a natural curvature upwards which I believe is caused by the septum pulling back while the chambers within the tunica expand with blood to a length that is greater than the septum will allow my penis to stretch. I can feel it in the septum if I use my hands to perfectly straighten my penis (…)

the thick cord I am referring to does attach at the base and from feeling, it SEEMS to extend almost to the glans. Although it could be that this chord just joins the penis close to the base and what I am feeling after that is the septum of the tunica??? I have looked at literally tons of anatomy pictures, and I have still been unable to clarify what exactly it is that I am stretching at this point (…)

Bigplug says he does erect bends to target his (septum? not sure if this is accurate, just quoting - FYP) (…)

**Post by BIB quoting Soon: >BIB, it is connected to the shaft at the base. <

And then to the pubic bone?

>Upon feeling (I had felt before to try to figure out what it was, but not at the very base at the pubic fat pad as I did per your instructions), it seems to be many seperate stringy fibers.<

Then, that would be your ligs, or lig bundles. If it is seperate from the shaft. The best way to attach those is with BTC stretching or hanging. You might think they are very tough, and they are, but not as tough as the tunica.

Get busy.

Bigger”

**(diagram): penis ligs.jpg

**Rushmore: I disagree with everybody that these are ligs though. Soon and I report that this fiber attaches at the base of the penis, but it runs practically all the way to the glands.

That cannot be ligs according to the diagrams. Could the dorsal vein be a limiting factor?

**ModestoMan: Close. More likely what’s being discussed are the dorsal fibers of the tunica.

**End quoting.

So, seems like BTC/SD V-stretches/hanging are most often recommended for “septum” targeting, and it may just be an unusually hard set of dorsal fibers.

One thing I noticed in these threads was the division between guys who knew what this thing was, and those who didn’t: it seems you either have this problem, or you don’t: trust us, though - we’re all consistently reporting the same thing: like a short chain welded to a long nerf innertube - it runs the full length of the dick and absorbs ALL the stress from any stretching angle (but, for me, feels a bit flattened out SD - still hard, but less *cylindrical*).


Last edited by Foryourprivacy : 01-09-2010 at .

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Gray588.png

It may, specifically, be the solid white part of the septum/tunica above and between the CC’s in this illustration: maybe us “short septum” guys just have a thick, dense clumping of tissue up there.

I can’t keep up with all the scientific biological jargon, but I know that for me, it doesn’t feel like I have two chambers fused together. When I hang and stretch it feels like I have two completely divided chambers by this non stretchy, steel like cord, that runs the top of my penis from the base to the head. When I hang BTC I get lig pull, but at all other angles this cord is definitely getting all the strain, and doesn’t feel like something that will break down and stretch. BTW I’m hanging 22lbs straight down these days, and experimenting with fulcrums.

I’m feeling like my time would be best invested in continuing to hang BTC, and trying to tame my ridiculous turkey neck, that I had before I started PE but only got worse after 9 months of BTC. I’m guessing BTC is still the path of least resistance for me, because it seems this cord ends at the base and would move out with the rest of the penis if the ligs were loosened and stretched outward. Just my rationale, because I don’t feel limited so much by this cord when I stretch BTC.

Thanks to everyone who has contributed to this thread, it has definitely got me thinking, and I know none of us want to be wasting our time with PE.

Originally Posted by meatplow
it doesn’t feel like I have two chambers fused together. When I hang and stretch it feels like I have two completely divided chambers by this non stretchy, steel like cord, that runs the top of my penis from the base to the head.

Interesting.

For me, the CCs come together to form a cylinder with dents on the top and bottom - like a popsicle - with a tough ridge of relatively unstretchable, insensitive tissue filling the top dent like caulking. The bottom dent is less pronounced, and the urethra seems to sort of nestle in it, but it does feel like two tubes mushed together.

Maybe the CCs are supposed to fuse more during fetal development, replacing the tough tunica tissue with (more) easily stretchable CC tissue - but for some guys, they stay separate, and the septum stays tough and hard to stretch?

Like people with harelip: the sides didn’t quite join up fully?


Last edited by Foryourprivacy : 01-09-2010 at .

Originally Posted by Foryourprivacy
………….

**Rushmore: I disagree with everybody that these are ligs though. Soon and I report that this fiber attaches at the base of the penis, but it runs practically all the way to the glands.

That cannot be ligs according to the diagrams. Could the dorsal vein be a limiting factor?

**ModestoMan: Close. More likely what’s being discussed are the dorsal fibers of the tunica.



**End quoting.
……….

This seems to accords to what I’m saying: nor septum neither ligs; dorsal fibers of tunica? Those are hitted more when stretching downward, I think. I have to add that there isn’t any anatomical report that the septum is tougher than any other part of TA; it is thicker because it’s were CC attach together, but why should be less stretchable lengthwise?

Maybe you guys could study the problem this way: take to gum tubes, like for example bicycle inner tubes; glue them together (btw, inner tubes are elliptic like CC); than try to stretch them. Try to pull in different ways, with fulcrums etc. etc., and see how it is stretche more with the same tension.

For what it’s worth, I have the same situation NiteFly. I’ve been doing PE for the better part of three years (if I recall correctly) — sometimes more diligently than others. I gained 1/2-3/4 inch fairly quickly, but as far as I can tell nothing measurable since. I have come to the conclusion that this anatomical structure (whatever it may be called) is my limiting factor. I am currently trying fulcrum hanging (over a tube with a diameter of about 2 inches) and using an Xleeve full-time. We’ll see what happens…

Originally Posted by Foryourprivacy
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Gray588.png

It may, specifically, be the solid white part of the septum/tunica above and between the CC’s in this illustration: maybe us “short septum” guys just have a thick, dense clumping of tissue up there.

I think you could be on to something. That’s exactly where I feel the cord.
Maybe this tissue gets very dense/tough when it’s clumped together.

Originally Posted by marinera
This seems to accords to what I’m saying: nor septum neither ligs; dorsal fibers of tunica? Those are hitted more when stretching downward, I think. I have to add that there isn’t any anatomical report that the septum is tougher than any other part of TA; it is thicker because it’s were CC attach together, but why should be less stretchable lengthwise?

Maybe you guys could study the problem this way: take to gum tubes, like for example bicycle inner tubes; glue them together (btw, inner tubes are elliptic like CC); than try to stretch them. Try to pull in different ways, with fulcrums etc. etc., and see how it is stretche more with the same tension.

As you can see in the illustration, the tissue there is a lot thicker than anywhere else and not just because they join. It’s substantially thicker than just 2 tube layers put next to each other. As you can imagine, the thicker a tube, the more force will be required to stretch it. With a clumping of tissue like that, it could possibly be 5+ times stronger than a single tube layer or the rest of the tunica.

Imagine trying to stretch 5 bicycle tubes compared to 1. Wouldn’t stretch nearly as much and the resistence would be a lot firmer.


Last edited by NiteFly69 : 01-09-2010 at .

This has been discussed before many times. Some people call the “cord” the septum and other call it the dorsal thickening. In either case, any length exercise that involves the tunica will do. That includes pretty much all stretches, hanging, fowfers, etc. You are still dealing with the tunica, this is no different. There is two kinds of stresses in PE: Tunica stress and ligament stress.

Originally Posted by Dicko7X5
This has been discussed before many times. Some people call the “cord” the septum and other call it the dorsal thickening. In either case, any length exercise that involves the tunica will do. That includes pretty much all stretches, hanging, fowfers, etc. You are still dealing with the tunica, this is no different. There is two kinds of stresses in PE: Tunica stress and ligament stress.

If it’s normal tunica tissue then yes, any excercise would do. But, logic tells me that it’s a massive limiting factor becasue the tunica can now only stretch 20% compared to a “normal” penis. This would be based on my theory of the septum being 5x stronger/denser than the rest of the tunica. 20% stretch might not be enough to see decent length gains.

Top

All times are GMT. The time now is 01:24 PM.