Thunder's Place

The big penis and mens' sexual health source, increasing penis size around the world.

An Extender Public Service Announcement To Extender Newbies

Originally Posted by marinera
10 cm?!?!

Your experience says that, actually, you gained extending at less than BPEL, so if anything it is a proof that what I’m saying is true . To see the increase in EL you had to jelq because prolonged stretch lowers EQ, while jelqing increases EQ. Again. pretty simple.

You are reading it wrong. He states that his BPFSL is 1/2 an inch more than his BPEL.. Now if his BPEL is inflated due to jelqing, and therefore an invalid measurement that means he is stretching well beyond (and maybe too much) his BPEL since that 1/2 an inch is no longer countable. He needs a proper BPEL measurement

His gains were FLACCID


Last edited by jay9incher : 05-24-2013 at .

Originally Posted by marinera
‘The flaccid stretched length is the same as the erect length.’. Right. :rolleyes:

Don’t forget to include the rest of the statement where he confirms my statement as accurate or pretty accurate which means TRUE.

You guys are touching of a lot of different points here so I will chime in on a few to try and catch up.

My bone pressed flaccid stretched length has always matched my bone pressed erect length. Granted, I didn’t measure BPFSL as often as BPEL, but any time I did the two came out the same.

I have always assumed that any difference in erect length and stretched flaccid was a matter of EQ. That is just personal opinion.

My gains came from roughly two years of homemade extender use but I have never once based the amount of tension on length. Instead of trying to control what length my penis is held at at, it made more sense (to me) to control how much tension was applied to it.

The reason being, at different temperatures or times of day, holding my penis at a fixed length could result in two completely different tensions. One tension could be well below any amount that will cause gain and one could be so intense that it causes the body to toughen up. Even just slight movements like walking or changing sitting position can change things considerably and possibly cause injury if you are close enough to your length limit.

So as an alternative I applied roughly 5 pounds of force using springs so that regardless of movement, direction, temperature or how much the tissues relaxed, I would always be applying the same amount of force. Not too little or too much, which is a huge risk when basing the force on length and increasing by even a cm at a time.

To me, the debate of extending to above or below erect length becomes a matter of whether you use too low or enough tension and gains have nothing to do with comparing it to a persons erect measurement. Like I said, my two measurements were the same so I couldn’t stretch beyond my erect length yet I have made gains.


Keep an open mind and a closed wallet... unless it\'s open to making a donation!


Last edited by cantlook : 05-24-2013 at .

Originally Posted by jay9incher
You are reading it wrong. He states that his BPFSL is 1/2 an inch more than his BPEL.. Now if his BPEL is inflated due to jelqing, and therefore an invalid measurement that means he is stretching well beyond (and maybe too much) his BPEL since that 1/2 an inch is no longer countable. He needs a proper BPEL measurement

His gains were FLACCID


First thing, stop writing words all in capital letters.

Second thing, I’m reading it right. Add that he suffered of ED, so jelqing has not ‘inflated’ his BPEL, if anything has gotten him near his true BPEL.

The sum of this all is that people are pretty confused: at a frist glance, it should make sense that if you don’t stretch beyond BPEL you don’t get gains, but in the real world things don’t work like that, for the already mentioned reasons - among the others, BPEL is not a reliable measure. You stretch flaccid, so you have to base on BPFSL; but you can’t stretch beyond your BPFSL, so it is not true that if you don’t stretch beyond your max present length you don’t have gains. This really doesn’t need empirical proof, it is just simple logic.

correction

I previously wrote

“I have realised recently that my BEPL really depends on whether I jelq prior measuring BEPL. I measured before and after jelqing this morning and gained an extra 10 cms (0.4”). Correct me if it is wrong to measure BEPL after jelqing.”

I got my cms and mms mixed up. Should have written ” I measured before and after jelqing this morning and gained an extra 1 cm (0.4”). my apology

The extra 1 cm may not have all been as a result of jelqing but some rather because of better EQ . I find my measurements can be a bit erratic but am not worried as my worst measurements now are at least 1/2” better than the best I was getting a few months ago.

jay9incher, the amount of jelqing I do has not appeared to reduce my EQ, rather the opposite. I would have jelqed for about 10 mins. As a general principle, if I feel my umit is a bit sore or my EQ is down I ease up on extending and jelqing and take a rest day. I had an experience some months ago after I graduated from the noose to the Vacextender. My EQ had started declining before the Vacextender and my glans and the area behind it had become very sensitive from what I discovered was overdoing the extending. Anyway was using the Vacextender, got carried away and stretched to 6 1/2” for about 1 1/2 hr at a time when my BPL was 5 1/4”. Got a large blister and took a 3 week break. EQ improved within a week into the break and I am now much more aware of the need for breaks. As you guts say, I listen to my penis more now.

Marinera >Second thing, I’m reading it right. Add that he suffered of ED, so jelqing has not ‘inflated’ his BPEL, if anything has gotten him near his true BPEL.

To some extent you may be right. However I am not sure what true BPEL is in my case. Because of my ED I was using cockrings to get erect and the BEPLs I was quoting ( eg 5 1/4”) were with a cockring at least until recently. I now can get erect without a cockring.and am achieving BEPLs in the range 5 3/4” to just over 6”.

I am now extending to 6 1/2” ( BPFSL), using the DIY Velcro strap, and that is in excess of my BPEL even what I achieved many years ago when I certainly did not have ED. When I started extending I could not stretch (ie BPFSL) anyway near that.

Originally Posted by marinera
First thing, stop writing words all in capital letters.

Second thing, I’m reading it right. Add that he suffered of ED, so jelqing has not ‘inflated’ his BPEL, if anything has gotten him near his true BPEL.

The sum of this all is that people are pretty confused: at a frist glance, it should make sense that if you don’t stretch beyond BPEL you don’t get gains, but in the real world things don’t work like that, for the already mentioned reasons - among the others, BPEL is not a reliable measure. You stretch flaccid, so you have to base on BPFSL; but you can’t stretch beyond your BPFSL, so it is not true that if you don’t stretch beyond your max present length you don’t have gains. This really doesn’t need empirical proof, it is just simple logic.

Im not versed in html so bear with me there. At least everything isn’t capitalized. Just the points I want to show

Although I’m curious as to why you would say BPEL is not a reliable measure?

In the extender, yes, you stretch in the flaccid state. But this is not the parameter most of us are ultimately trying to increase. Lets face it though, whether it be an extender, pump, clamping, hanging, etc erect gains are what 99% of us are after. My statement has always been based on this. Producing erect gains and the threshold at which they will happen.

Looking back at my originating post, the input from the manufacturer, testimonials on the website, and other forum responses, I must change it to:

Erect gains will happen when you are stretching at or above your BPEL in the flaccid state. Anything below that and you are producing and facilitating flaccid gains.

Originally Posted by jay9incher
Erect gains will happen when you are stretching at or above your BPEL in the flaccid state. Anything below that and you are producing and facilitating flaccid gains.


There are more factors involved.

I think what marinera is saying, and I agree, is that if I am looking outside right now and notice most people who are crossing the street are wearing pants… that doesn’t mean putting on pants makes you cross the street. :)


Keep an open mind and a closed wallet... unless it\'s open to making a donation!

These are the instructions reported on the andropenis manual (which are the same previously reported years ago on the penimaster manual, if my memory serves)

Originally Posted by no-pain-no-gain
You must start slow, follow here:

Complete instructions (andropenis)

Adaptation period:

Measure your penis BP. Mount the tension bars at your [BPEL - 4cm] : so if your penis is 16cm, mount them at 12cm length.

First 5 days : wear the device 3 hours/day at the above mentioned length.
From 6th to 10th day : add 0.5 cm length and wear the device 6 hours/day
From 11th to 15th day: add 0.5 cm and wear 8 hours/day

Evolution period
Months 1 and 2: add 0.5 cm in length every 63 hours wearing the extender
Months 3 and 4 : add o.5 cm every 90 hours
From the month 5 and ahead: add 0.5 cm every 135 hours of wearing.

If you use the vac modify add 3 cm.


no-pain-no-gain - Do I need to take off days with the extender

Now, note my question:

Originally Posted by marinera
Out of curiosity, the Andropenis instructions use the term ‘BPEL’?


marinera - Do I need to take off days with the extender

Originally Posted by no-pain-no-gain
Textually:

“using a tape measure, measure the length and circumference of the penis in flaccid state and then erect.
Calculate the personal size of andropenis by substracting 4cm from the size of your penis in erection.”


Originally Posted by no-pain-no-gain
Watching the figure seems to be nbpel

As you say, BPEL is the parameter we are trying to increase; this leads us to think that this is the parameter we are working also; this of course leads the manifacturers to speak in terms of erect length (since they are not PEers, so not familiar with BPEL, they are just selling a product) but the latter is actually wrong . Why? Well, let me ask one thing: suppose that your BPEL is 3” shorter than your BPFSL; do you think stretching your flaccid penis at your BPEL length will give noticeable gains in the erect state?

Yes, I get it. He is speaking of an exception. But exceptions are rare. This is why I got rid of the word only to make the statement less absolute.

Originally Posted by marinera
These are the instructions reported on the andropenis manual (which are the same previously reported years ago on the penimaster manual, if my memory serves)

no-pain-no-gain - Do I need to take off days with the extender

Now, note my question:

marinera - Do I need to take off days with the extender

As you say, BPEL is the parameter we are trying to increase; this leads us to think that this is the parameter we are working also; this of course leads the manifacturers to speak in terms of erect length (since they are not PEers, so not familiar with BPEL, they are just selling a product) but the latter is actually wrong . Why? Well, let me ask one thing: suppose that your BPEL is 3” shorter than your BPFSL; do you think stretching your flaccid penis at your BPEL length will give noticeable gains in the erect state?

An exaggeration but to answer the question: No. But if that is your case you should be stretching past your bpel in the first place to get erect gains.

:)
I know it is an exageration, but the point I am trying to show that BPEL is the wrong parameter if you are stretching flaccid.

In the example I made, BPEL is so shorter than BPFSL that if you refer to that parameter (BPEL) what can happen is that only minimal gains will be obtained, due to the fact that there will be fibers in the connective tissue not perfectly aligned length-wise and because there will be some cellular proliferation; but you are going to see measurable gains in the BPEL only when you start pulling reasonably near your BPFSL.

I could have made the adverse example, one who’s BPFSL is largely shorter than the BPEL - again, it is easy to understand that you are taking the wrong parameter.

Also notice that : a) your glans gets inflated while erect; mine is about 3cm long flaccid, over 5cm with a 90%+ erection; b) for the vast majority of people the penis is pretty much cylindrical while flaccid, but is not cylindrical while erect. So comparing your length in the extender (flaccid) with your length while erect is like comparing oranges and apples.

Originally Posted by marinera
:)
I know it is an exageration, but the point I am trying to show that BPEL is the wrong parameter if you are stretching flaccid.

In the example I made, BPEL is so shorter than BPFSL that if you refer to that parameter (BPEL) what can happen is that only minimal gains will be obtained, due to the fact that there will be fibers in the connective tissue not perfectly aligned length-wise and because there will be some cellular proliferation; but you are going to see measurable gains in the BPEL only when you start pulling reasonably near your BPFSL.

I could have made the adverse example, one who’s BPFSL is largely shorter than the BPEL - again, it is easy to understand that you are taking the wrong parameter.

Also notice that : a) your glans gets inflated while erect; mine is about 3cm long flaccid, over 5cm with a 90%+ erection; b) for the vast majority of people the penis is pretty much cylindrical while flaccid, but is not cylindrical while erect. So comparing your length in the extender (flaccid) with your length while erect is like comparing oranges and apples.

Good points. Doesn’t totally invalidate my statement but can surely add to it and make it a sticky perhaps in a new thread. The majority of us have BPFSL > or = BPEL. I could include that once you are stretching past your BPEL that BPFSL should become your measuring stick along with the tension you use. But until you reach that point, (which some new users do not know or don’t reach because they give up) where your BPFSL is definitely greater than your BPEL, then BPEL should be your measuring stick. On this and other forums though I’ve read alot of people complaining that they are not gaining and most of the time it was due to them not stretching past their BPEL and/or BPFSL. It was my aim to try to help with this.

Nice. This is what this forum was born for. :)

Its nice when everyone is working towards bettering the community. :)

I am not sure I can completely get behind the flaccid gains idea though. By that logic, getting erections throughout the night should increase flaccid length, wouldn’t it?


Keep an open mind and a closed wallet... unless it\'s open to making a donation!

I’m going to chime in here having used a Penimaster (or the PeniMaster+VacExtender head kit) for a fair amount (probably in the neighborhood of 400-500 hours recently), and while I have used additional techniques to gain there was a point a ways back when I was using just the extender and gaining (albeit slowly with erratic use) and I never stretched *past* my BPEL. Hell, I still don’t extend past BPEL, though it’s a little difficult to measure that with 100% precision when your dick is trapped in an erector set. Still, taking a measure of all the components and spring tension set to where I typically wear things, the overall length is short of my full BPEL.

I think marinera is right in that it’s mostly a terminology issue — as PEers we’re talking in BPEL and BPFSL, etc. But reading through other forums and user manuals there’s no mention of “bone pressing” that I’ve seen, with your comment from AndroMedical’s customer service aside. For instance, here’s PeniMaster’s manual (http://www.penimaster.com/Penis-Exp…-PeniMaster.pdf — sizing is a few pages in) and there’s no mention of “bone-pressed” sort of measurements.

However, to your overall point jay9incher, the PeniMaster manual does state to take your “erect length” and add 1.5cm to it — for the PeniMaster device 1.5cm just happens to exactly match the length of the “spring balance” area where the rods collapse down against the springs. This seems reasonable to me that you match your erect length, add 1.5cm spacers, push down on the extender to collapse the springs, hook in, and release. Voila! Your penis us now under 2.5lbs (or 5.5lbs if you’re spring-upgraded) of pure, sweet traction. Furthermore the base of the extender is pressing into your pubic area so the unit tension is anchored and “body pressed” at least — which means you can probably add more spacers with time as you stretch/get used to the device — but I don’t believe that “body pressed” force of the base unit is the same as what we use as “bone pressed” for measuring.

I just don’t think it’s required to go past your BPEL as you state. Even if you stretch at (or near) your BPEL the tension springs are going to be adding force and pulling on your unit. That’s how these extenders work — it’s a spring and there’s up to 1.5cm of extra length play involved on the spacer bar length based on how much tension you’re applying. If we were talking about purely static stretching where your unit is locked into place at a certain length and that’s it, I think you’d be right jay9incher in you’d need to at least meet your BPEL to induce some gains however there’s a bit of dynamism here as we’re using a spring-based tension that is exerting pressure beyond the simple length of the spacer bars. That said, if you can go past BPEL in an extender and are getting gains, more power to you. :)

Top

All times are GMT. The time now is 06:43 AM.