Thunder's Place

The big penis and mens' sexual health source, increasing penis size around the world.

When does small stop and big begin?

I’m going to go a tad more scientific, but I think Jawbone here has the correct approach. Even though I think he is understating the relevance of making the deviation needed somewhat unreasonably large. I am pretty sure I understand why he is doing it.

In order to consider big vs small, you have to first get through Average.

If Average is both a number and a range, then I would suggest that there are two ways to consider it. One is that anything bigger is big, and anything smaller is small. That however, ignores the distribution, so you could use the SD to extend the range of average one SD up and down. This has the benefit that it includes the majority of penises. So some people are unwilling to use the approximate consensus around NBPEL being around 5.1 inches or so. It varies but that seems to be roughly the number. And the SD I believe was something around .8 or .9 but probably less than 1 inch. So I would say from this first approach, that anything over 6.1 or 6.2 NBPEL is big, while anything under 4.2 or 4.3 is small.

Despite my faith in the stats of the Cancun study (assuming the data is BPEL and not NBPEL which to me is uncomfortable because then it fails to jibe with practically any of the real life surveys), I’d have to say the SD is rock solid. And I think that they said 5.9 with a .8 SD. So by that metric, then anything under 5.1BPEL is small while anything over 6.7 is big.

However, another way to look at is with the 2 sigma approach, in which the top and bottom 5% or so are the criteria for inclusion. If you are 2 SD away from the median, then you are big or small. So here is where Jawbone has made a pretty good estimate. If 5.1 NBPEL were the median, then to get to 2 sigma, you need 6.7NBPEL. I think from what I have seen that this is pretty big. However, it doesn’t seem necessarily as big as 3.5 NBPEL does to be small. However, it puts a more concrete threshhold for big vs small in place, because it is less likely to be the subject of debate. If you’re in the top 5% it’s not really arguable that you’re not big.

So, taking into account the idea that there is a discrepancy in the agreement/consensus regarding Cancun vs UCSF, I think it’s safe to basically average them together. They both yield fairly close answers. I know for a fact that the 5.1 figure from UCSF is NBPEL so I’m going to keep my answer on the median there. However, I’m going to use the SD from Cancun because it’s a larger sample. So, My answer is 5.1 NBP +/- 1.6 yields big vs small and in such a large margin as to be indisputable.


4/2008 Bpel 6.50, Beg 5.5, Mseg 4.9

6/2008 Bpel 6.75, Beg 5.5, Mseg 5.1

9/2008 Bpel 7.00, Beg 5.5, Mseg 5.1


Last edited by Fantom : 06-21-2010 at .

Originally Posted by Fantom
I’m going to go a tad more scientific, but I think Jawbone here has the correct approach. Even though I think he is understating the relevance of making the deviation needed somewhat unreasonably large. I am pretty sure I understand why he is doing it.

In order to consider big vs small, you have to first get through Average.

If Average is both a number and a range, then I would suggest that there are two ways to consider it. One is that anything bigger is big, and anything smaller is small. That however, ignores the distribution, so you could use the SD to extend the range of average one SD up and down. This has the benefit that it includes the majority of penises. So some people are unwilling to use the approximate consensus around NBPEL being around 5.1 inches or so. It varies but that seems to be roughly the number. And the SD I believe was something around .8 or .9 but probably less than 1 inch. So I would say from this first approach, that anything over 6.1 or 6.2 NBPEL is big, while anything under 4.2 or 4.3 is small.

Despite my faith in the stats of the Cancun study (assuming the data is BPEL and not NBPEL which to me is uncomfortable because then it fails to jibe with practically any of the real life surveys), I’d have to say the SD is rock solid. And I think that they said 5.9 with a .8 SD. So by that metric, then anything under 5.1BPEL is small while anything over 6.7 is big.

However, another way to look at is with the 2 sigma approach, in which the top and bottom 5% or so are the criteria for inclusion. If you are 2 SD away from the median, then you are big or small. So here is where Jawbone has made a pretty good estimate. If 5.1 NBPEL were the median, then to get to 2 sigma, you need 6.7NBPEL. I think from what I have seen that this is pretty big. However, it doesn’t seem necessarily as big as 3.5 NBPEL does to be small. However, it puts a more concrete threshhold for big vs small in place, because it is less likely to be the subject of debate. If you’re in the top 5% it’s not really arguable that you’re not big.

So, taking into account the idea that there is a discrepancy in the agreement/consensus regarding Cancun vs UCSF, I think it’s safe to basically average them together. They both yield fairly close answers. I know for a fact that the 5.1 figure from UCSF is NBPEL so I’m going to keep my answer on the median there. However, I’m going to use the SD from Cancun because it’s a larger sample. So, My answer is 5.1 NBP +/- 1.6 yields big vs small and in such a large margin as to be indisputable.



No

Honestly, being big changes when you think it has. It’s all in your brain. When you feel confident enough to either be cool with your current size or have the ego to think you have biggest cock around or realize it doesn’t matter, that’s when it changes.

I’ve known guys that I know have had dicks much smaller than mine but made up for it and blew me away with their confidence and personality and have fucked nearly as many chicks as I have AND have had a great life too boot regardless of their dick size.

Sure I have a huge dick (so it’s easy for me to say, right?) but there was a time that I actually believed I didn’t and it showed in my confidence levels and it interferred with the fun I was supposed to be having in my life. I let some dumb chick and my perception of what a big dick was supposed to be do that. Sooner or later everybody realizes that having a big dick doesn’t matter in the greater scheme of things.

Outside of the mind stuff, yeah it’s relative :)


10/07: BPEL: 7.5" EG: 5.5" Now:BPEL: 8.5" EG: 5.6" Mid Girth Goal: BPEL: 8.5" EG: 6" Early Pics Latest Pics

Originally Posted by persian
No

Hey slow it down with all your carefully reasoned analysis and rebuttal. I can’t keep up.


4/2008 Bpel 6.50, Beg 5.5, Mseg 4.9

6/2008 Bpel 6.75, Beg 5.5, Mseg 5.1

9/2008 Bpel 7.00, Beg 5.5, Mseg 5.1

Originally Posted by coolbill
Honestly, being big changes when you think it has. It’s all in your brain. When you feel confident enough to either be cool with your current size or have the ego to think you have biggest cock around or realize it doesn’t matter, that’s when it changes.

I’ve known guys that I know have had dicks much smaller than mine but made up for it and blew me away with their confidence and personality and have fucked nearly as many chicks as I have AND have had a great life too boot regardless of their dick size.

Sure I have a huge dick (so it’s easy for me to say, right?) but there was a time that I actually believed I didn’t and it showed in my confidence levels and it interferred with the fun I was supposed to be having in my life. I let some dumb chick and my perception of what a big dick was supposed to be do that. Sooner or later everybody realizes that having a big dick doesn’t matter in the greater scheme of things.

Outside of the mind stuff, yeah it’s relative :)

Ditto.

I have really good reason to suspect that your confidence can grow your penis an inch or alternatively shrink it an inch too.

To break this down on a female to female basis I think visible penis size comes from several factors:
- How much a female is swayed by your attitude/confidence. = her_gullibility (0 - 1 where 1 is very gullible)
- What your confidence is. = your_confidence (-1 - 1 where 1 is very confident)
- What your body type/size is = fuck that I’m not doing this one yet.
- How mechanically inclined the female is (I find mechanics are far better at guessing the size of things) = mechanical_inclination (0 - 1 where 0 is most inclined).
- Your penis size = your_size (nbpel)
- maximum_size_increase = your_size * (your_size/18)

visible_penis = your_size + ((your_confidence * gullibility) * maximum_size_increase) * mechanical_inclination.

Breaking this down for me…
6.25 + ((0.4 * 0.8) * (6.25 * (6.75/18)) * 0.9 = 6.925”

My visible penis size with my current attitude is 6.9 inches nbpel

But… if I increased myself to be completely confident I’d be 7.9 inches.

However, If I’m negative about myself… If I’m depressed about my penis size it’s a mere 4.5 inches.


Last edited by Jawbone : 06-22-2010 at .

^I plugged some numbers in… 8”NBPEL. It’s too long:( .


Decemeber 2007: 5.8" BPEL x 4.9" MSEG

Current:-------->7.7" BPEL x 5.7" MSEG (7.2" NBPEL)

Current Goal:--->7.6" BPEL X 5.8" MSEG Do or do not, there is no "try".

Originally Posted by bunbuster
My opinion is that anything under 5” EG is small. At 4.875” EG I feel way too thin. I can get up to 5.25” EG with a very tight cockring. The thickness feels more “normal” to me in that state.

I believe that once I reach 5.25” EG I will stop trying to not be small and start trying to get big.

As far as length, 6” NBP seems to be the magic number. BP is good for measuring progress but NBP (usable length) is what matters (to deliver the girth, of course).

I strongly agree with your opinion that anything under 5 EG is not looking good for me. But it doesn’t necessarily mean that 4.9 EG will be considered thin to any women; in fact most women IMO would be satisfied with anything about 4.75 EG. IMO I think you are just getting by in between 4.5 eg and 4.75 eg; meaning your going to have to work hard to satisfy and average vagina. Anything below 4.5 eg will just make it harder and harder to please a women. What is the cut off? Well if I were to take a stab at it and make an educated guess, I would say anything below 4 eg will not cause much pleasure for most women and a penis sleeve or something may be needed for the sake of the woman’s pleasure.

A lot of smaller men unfortunately eventually develop this attitude where they stop caring about the woman’s pleasure and start focusing on their own pleasure which is not good for your women if you really care about satisfying her. I think if you are inadequate in the girth department and you feel your women isn’t satisfied you should talk to her about getting a dildo, a penis sleeve, and just giving her what she needs. That is why dildo’s are a million dollar industry. Does anyone want to get in the dildo business with me? I just feel like the dildo business can be profitable if you do it right, selling some dildos in some gay magazine or something. Like some unique dildo that no one else ever has made.


Starting stats: Feb 08: [7.3 BPEL * 4.9? EG]----Now: [8.00 BPEL * 5.1-5.2 EG]------GOAL: [8 NBPEL * 6 EG]

Perception is reality.

Originally Posted by man-of-10
^I plugged some numbers in… 8”NBPEL. It’s too long:( .

8 nbpel is huge… but assuming

1. You’re the most confident person (1.0)
2. She’s totally not mechanically inclined (bad at guessing sizes)(1.0).
3. She’s the most gullible person. (1.0)

You can pull off 11.5 inches being cocky to a gullible gal that knows shit on guessing size.

The chances of those all that off though are slim to none. Chances are:

1. You’re pretty confident (0.8)
2. She’s not so mechanically inclined (0.7).
3. She’s pretty gullible (0.7)

That gives you 9.5 inches that you can get away with.

Ha yeah. From memory, I did:

1. 0.8 confidence (I’m pretty confident;) ).
2. 0.4 mechanical inclination (she’s very intelligent yet professes to disliking the bio-mechanics part of her course).
3. 0.4 for gullibility (she can be a sharp one!).

One should note however, that girls naturally suck when it comes to spacial awareness:

http://www.zimbio.com/Spatial+Aware…heir+way+around

No wonder I regularly got told I had a 10 incher when I used to go on those cam2cam sites:) .


Decemeber 2007: 5.8" BPEL x 4.9" MSEG

Current:-------->7.7" BPEL x 5.7" MSEG (7.2" NBPEL)

Current Goal:--->7.6" BPEL X 5.8" MSEG Do or do not, there is no "try".

Originally Posted by Jawbone
Since when is < 6” NBPEL considered small? What world do you guys live in?

Small is:
< 5” NBPEL
< 4.5” AEG

Average is:
5” NBPEL to 6.5” NBPEL
4.5” AEG to 5.5” AEG

Large is:
6.5” NBPEL to 7.5 NBPEL
5.5” AEG to 6.25” AEG

Huge is:
7.5” NBPEL to 9” NBPEL
6.25” AEG to 7” AEG

But it's all relative.


I actually think those numbers are a bit off.

I think it’s

Small is:
< 5” NBPEL
< 4.5” AEG

Average is:
5” NBPEL to 6.2” NBPEL
4.5” AEG to 5.2” AEG

Large is:
6.2” NBPEL to 6.9 NBPEL
5.3” AEG to 6.00” AEG

Huge is:
7.0” NBPEL to 9” NBPEL
6.01” AEG to 7” AEG

Before I started PE I was definitely in the small bracket. Now I’m in about the middle of the average bracket. In a few years I should hit large.

Originally Posted by Maxtro
I actually think those numbers are a bit off.

I think it’s

Small is:
< 5” NBPEL
< 4.5” AEG

Average is:
5” NBPEL to 6.2” NBPEL
4.5” AEG to 5.2” AEG

Large is:
6.2” NBPEL to 6.9 NBPEL
5.3” AEG to 6.00” AEG

Huge is:
7.0” NBPEL to 9” NBPEL
6.01” AEG to 7” AEG

Before I started PE I was definitely in the small bracket. Now I’m in about the middle of the average bracket. In a few years I should hit large.

I tend to agree with those numbers and think I was trying to average mine to 0.5 increments. I did an analysis about a year ago based on Thundersplace Stats on what was small, average, large and huge so I was trying to do it from memory.

Really if we can combine this and get numbers from Fantom who has a better grip on statistic analysis than I do I think we can get a really really good idea of what the literal size of small, average large and huge would be.

The thing to tackle after that would be the perceived size which is based on angles, confidence, gullibility, spacial awareness and body dimensions.

Yeah, using .5 increments does make it look more uniform but it’s not the most accurate. As far as I can remember average is 6 BPEL x 4.9 EG. I don’t know how to work in the SD’s to get the other dimensions. BTW a 6 BPEL can be anywhere between 5-5.5 NBPEL. At my heaviest my BPEL was .75 larger than my NBPEL and at the lightest it’s .5 larger.

The perceived formula thingy didn’t really work for me, I must have done the calculations wrong. My NBPEL is 5.7 and the answer it spat out was 8.5. There’s no way I could tell a girl that I’m 8 inches. 7 would be a stretch. I put my confidence at 0.

I don’t think I was going for accuracy as much as I was going for numbers that were easy to remember. I think Fantom pointed out something correct that my average wasn’t really large enough to depict a range. I’m not sure how much more into this I want to go on speculation without pulling up the numbers again and punching through formula.

That’s odd Maxtro… the most you should be able to get away with at NBPEL 5.7 is
5.7 * (5.7/18 +1) = 7.5

I might make up a neat little spreadsheet for fun and not-profit so people can just punch in numbers (or a web javascript application).

LMAO, this is funny. Equations for how big your dick will be perceived.

Small to Big

I was concerned about the same when does small turn to BIG. After one year & small gains can I expect BIG gains after second year?

lmbjless

Top

All times are GMT. The time now is 02:48 AM.