Thunder's Place

The big penis and mens' sexual health source, increasing penis size around the world.

Warning! If you haven't gotten improved erections:

Originally Posted by sparkyx
I really think a lot of the consistent gainers watch this very carefully and have learned to back off when their EQ starts to diminish.

If you read carefully, most of guys that have had great gains, also tend to report amazing EQ at the same time. I think it is both a great indicator of being in the growth zone, and a MECHANISM of aiding growth.

Excellent point. Understanding how to read your body is part of the challenge of PE or any other stressful activity. That’s why there’s no one method for men to get good gains. It should be stressed that we need to spend as much time listening to our bodies as we do forcing our will upon it.


2009-05-01: BPEL ~8.25", EG ~5.5" (start) / 2009-08-25: BPEL ~9.00" / EG ~6.0". 2010-02-06: BPEL ~9.25", EG ~6.2" / 2010-08-23: BPEL ~9.4", EG: ~6.25"

Just found this article on the opening page. Using this as a guide, I would answer like this:

EQ basically is the characteristics of Erectile Qualities some of the major ones are as follows;

1) Ease of erections (how easily it happens). quite difficult
2) Frequency of erections (how frequently they happen). Do you mean random erections or making them happen on your own?
3) Hardness of erections. About 80% is as hard as I can get
4) How long they last before fading, ease of keeping them. They fade rather quickly unless I manually keep them up
5) Refractory period (how quickly you can get hard again after ejaculation). About 24 hours or so
6) Nite and morning wood. Never

Originally Posted by Formula1
Just found this article on the opening page. Using this as a guide, I would answer like this:

EQ basically is the characteristics of Erectile Qualities some of the major ones are as follows;

1) Ease of erections (how easily it happens). quite difficult
2) Frequency of erections (how frequently they happen). Do you mean random erections or making them happen on your own?
3) Hardness of erections. About 80% is as hard as I can get
4) How long they last before fading, ease of keeping them. They fade rather quickly unless I manually keep them up
5) Refractory period (how quickly you can get hard again after ejaculation). About 24 hours or so
6) Nite and morning wood. Never

Hey F1!

EQ is measured for two general reasons, one to evaluate your OBJECTIVE level, and second to measure your RELATIVE level.

What I mean by OBJECTIVE, is you can rate each of the above category on a 0-10 scale, 0 being never, and 10 being damn near always…or the reasonable translation of that to the particular category. So for nite wood, 0 would mean you never notice it, 10 means you are hard when every time you wake up during the nite.

So, you can objectively rate your EQ and get some idea where you are in relation to other guys, or other guys your age etc.

The second category is primarily to measure your gains RELATIVE TO YOU! This is really the one most useful in PE. You rate yourself (beginning baseline) and then measure your gains relative to YOUR baseline.

This is important because it helps steer you toward the “growth zone”. It makes it far easier to assess whether your routine is pushing you close to gains or further away. It is also useful when you are making changes to your routine as to whether it has been a productive change or a unproductive one. Ideally, when you are getting growth, you make a note of the level of EQ you have DURING your gains, and it becomes another guideline to STAYING in the growth zone.

So for example, you find 3 sets of 5 minutes of daily jelqing has been giving you gains. You also notice that when you do a proper workout your EQ drops from 10 (on your subjective scale) down to 8 for most of the day, but returns again to 10 by the next day.

Later on you notice your gains have slowed, AND your EQ doesn’t really drop much anymore from that workout. This MAY indicate that your dick has CONDITIONED to that level of PE stress and it is no longer ENOUGH stimulation or stress to stimulate gains. At that point, based on EQ, you increase your sets to 4 sets, EQ drops again to 8…and you see gains begin again.

Another example is that you find that your gains come when your EQ is about 9. You are jelquing, but decide to add clamping to your routine. You add clamping and you notice that your EQ has dropped to about 5 and gains stopped. Well, based on your EQ, you would DECREASE the time under the clamp in half, you find your EQ after a couple days returns to 9 and you begin to see gains again.

This is just some of the ways of using EQ to help you with your PE.

Seeing this thread topic at the homepage was like a lighthouse in a storm today. I’ve been talking about my bad EQ on my journal, but not getting much feedback. Here is my situation and the confusion that goes with it:

I was very committed to PE last summer. I had been doing it for several months, about 4 days per week. I started with the newbie routine, then slowly added longer stretching sessions, extra jelqing, AV stretches and O bends. At the height of it all last summer I was PEing (on average) 4 days a week, edging 3 days a week at the end of a jelq session, and bed fowfing at night. Despite drinking tons of caffeine and averaging 5 hours of sleep per night, my EQ was great. I would have morning wood, or delayed morning wood (up at 5am, wood at 6am), every day. I got random erections when my body thought it was convenient (right before the gym, work, etc) and my EQ with my girlfriend was great, unless I had PEed immediately before seeing her.

Then I took a big break from PE due to being over-worked, then travelling, no privacy, etc. This went from mid-October 2008 until about April 2009. Finally my life was back on track and I got back into the newbie routine. 2days on, 1 day off, like clock work. After 2 months I had seen the best growth ever, so the only thing I changed was A/V stretches now and then. These saw a drop in EQ, so I cut them back out. Since June my routine is:

10 minute warm-up.
10 minutes of directional stretching.
20 minutes jelqing at 80% with a feather-light grip, 4 second strokes.
10 minute warm-down.

After June I jumped my stroke time to 6 seconds, 200 jelqs. My EQ was bad, so I’ve cut them to 150 jelqs and 4 second strokes. EQ still bad.

My EQ has been bad for months. My flaccid hang is usually incredible and my EG has never grown faster.

But my overall EQ is awful. According to the OP, my score is an “F”. I RARELY get morning wood, never get an erection during the day, and it’s hard for me to get stay hard and get off. So it’s confusing to me. My growth rate has never been better, and my dick has probably never been bigger, but I remember what having great EQ was like, and how it speaks to overall penile health.

The biggest difference between this year and last year is my jelq technique. I used to do 40% to 80% erect, 3 second overhand strokes, and gripped fairly tight. I thought this would get me girth, but it got me nowhere.
Now, I keep my dick at 80% almost the whole time, use a reverse OK grip, and grip very lightly.

You can see my confusion, but if someone sees what I’m doing wrong please jump in. I love the growth rate, but want the penile health as well.

Sorry for the long post, but I just want all the information out there for a proper diagnosis.


Jelq, ADS, repeat.

Final Goal: 8EL x 6.2

Must...think...long...term.

Originally Posted by sparkyx
Hey F1!

EQ is measured for two general reasons, one to evaluate your OBJECTIVE level, and second to measure your RELATIVE level.

What I mean by OBJECTIVE, is you can rate each of the above category on a 0-10 scale, 0 being never, and 10 being damn near always…or the reasonable translation of that to the particular category. So for nite wood, 0 would mean you never notice it, 10 means you are hard when every time you wake up during the nite.

So, you can objectively rate your EQ and get some idea where you are in relation to other guys, or other guys your age etc.

The second category is primarily to measure your gains RELATIVE TO YOU! This is really the one most useful in PE. You rate yourself (beginning baseline) and then measure your gains relative to YOUR baseline.

This is important because it helps steer you toward the “growth zone”. It makes it far easier to assess whether your routine is pushing you close to gains or further away. It is also useful when you are making changes to your routine as to whether it has been a productive change or a unproductive one. Ideally, when you are getting growth, you make a note of the level of EQ you have DURING your gains, and it becomes another guideline to STAYING in the growth zone.

So for example, you find 3 sets of 5 minutes of daily jelqing has been giving you gains. You also notice that when you do a proper workout your EQ drops from 10 (on your subjective scale) down to 8 for most of the day, but returns again to 10 by the next day.

Later on you notice your gains have slowed, AND your EQ doesn’t really drop much anymore from that workout. This MAY indicate that your dick has CONDITIONED to that level of PE stress and it is no longer ENOUGH stimulation or stress to stimulate gains. At that point, based on EQ, you increase your sets to 4 sets, EQ drops again to 8…and you see gains begin again.

Another example is that you find that your gains come when your EQ is about 9. You are jelquing, but decide to add clamping to your routine. You add clamping and you notice that your EQ has dropped to about 5 and gains stopped. Well, based on your EQ, you would DECREASE the time under the clamp in half, you find your EQ after a couple days returns to 9 and you begin to see gains again.

This is just some of the ways of using EQ to help you with your PE.

Ok. So I guess this is how I would rate my EQ:

EQ basically is the characteristics of Erectile Qualities some of the major ones are as follows;

1) Ease of erections (how easily it happens). 2
2) Frequency of erections (how frequently they happen). 1
3) Hardness of erections. 7
4) How long they last before fading, ease of keeping them. 1
5) Refractory period (how quickly you can get hard again after ejaculation). 0
6) Nite and morning wood. 0

Originally Posted by TheContinental
Seeing this thread topic at the homepage was like a lighthouse in a storm today. I’ve been talking about my bad EQ on my journal, but not getting much feedback. Here is my situation and the confusion that goes with it:

I was very committed to PE last summer. I had been doing it for several months, about 4 days per week. I started with the newbie routine, then slowly added longer stretching sessions, extra jelqing, AV stretches and O bends. At the height of it all last summer I was PEing (on average) 4 days a week, edging 3 days a week at the end of a jelq session, and bed fowfing at night. Despite drinking tons of caffeine and averaging 5 hours of sleep per night, my EQ was great. I would have morning wood, or delayed morning wood (up at 5am, wood at 6am), every day. I got random erections when my body thought it was convenient (right before the gym, work, etc) and my EQ with my girlfriend was great, unless I had PEed immediately before seeing her.

Then I took a big break from PE due to being over-worked, then travelling, no privacy, etc. This went from mid-October 2008 until about April 2009. Finally my life was back on track and I got back into the newbie routine. 2days on, 1 day off, like clock work. After 2 months I had seen the best growth ever, so the only thing I changed was A/V stretches now and then. These saw a drop in EQ, so I cut them back out. Since June my routine is:

10 minute warm-up.
10 minutes of directional stretching.
20 minutes jelqing at 80% with a feather-light grip, 4 second strokes.
10 minute warm-down.

After June I jumped my stroke time to 6 seconds, 200 jelqs. My EQ was bad, so I’ve cut them to 150 jelqs and 4 second strokes. EQ still bad.

My EQ has been bad for months. My flaccid hang is usually incredible and my EG has never grown faster.

But my overall EQ is awful. According to the OP, my score is an “F”. I RARELY get morning wood, never get an erection during the day, and it’s hard for me to get stay hard and get off. So it’s confusing to me. My growth rate has never been better, and my dick has probably never been bigger, but I remember what having great EQ was like, and how it speaks to overall penile health.

The biggest difference between this year and last year is my jelq technique. I used to do 40% to 80% erect, 3 second overhand strokes, and gripped fairly tight. I thought this would get me girth, but it got me nowhere.
Now, I keep my dick at 80% almost the whole time, use a reverse OK grip, and grip very lightly.

You can see my confusion, but if someone sees what I’m doing wrong please jump in. I love the growth rate, but want the penile health as well.

Sorry for the long post, but I just want all the information out there for a proper diagnosis.

Very unusual to have great growth AND crappy EQ, I have rarely heard of this. First I would ask if you truly have measured growth or is it just a heavier flaccid?

Second, if you truly are getting growth, then try going 2 weeks on and take a week off. If during your week off EQ comes blazing back, then you are really overtrained for EQ. If it doesn’t, it might be you actually need to do MORE.

HOWEVER, growth is the real and primary goal, so if you really are growing with poor EQ, then I would say keep what you are doing and try cycling one or two weeks on and one or two weeks off and see if that gives you the best of both worlds.

Originally Posted by spread
This is excellent, common sense advice. I’ve always intuitively thought that loss of EQ means my dick needs a rest, and that lack of wood is not conducive to gaining.

This is what I believe also…

7

Hi sparkyx,

thanks for the analysis of my problem. My EQ has been improving all week. I started a one day on, one day off light newbie program. I also cut to no coffee, and one cup of tea (if any) in the morning. I think my body is cleaning out all the toxins that hurt my EQ. Today I had 2 random half-erections in about 30 minutes. That hasn’t happened in weeks, and reminded me of what EQ should be.

My gains were measured growth, as shown in my signature. My flaccid would change with exercise, caffeine intake, stress, etc. It was big in the morning, but it’s not a solid method to prove growth. But the ruler didn’t lie, EG and EL were both going up better and faster than ever.

I will continue to do what I was doing, since growth is a good sign. I will also continue avoiding caffeine, sleeping pills, and cutting back on alcohol. Hopefully all of this will bring my EQ back.

However, if it doesn’t go up to where it should be, I will start playing with new routine schedules and whatnot, because that will mean it’s not outside substances, stress, lack of sleep, etc. that are causing the drop in EQ. Thank you for the help. I really appreciate it, from everyone.


Jelq, ADS, repeat.

Final Goal: 8EL x 6.2

Must...think...long...term.

I lost my erection|I have someerection,but is not lake befoure|

For the lost 10 days and during this period I stopt doing the workouts! I guess I was overdoing everything!Ifsomeone have experiance from this please Help!! I hope this is just temporary!

Stop

TheContinental 80% is too much do it with 20-30% or stop completely.what will you do with bigger penis that does not work?

Hi rotar,

I was following the workout styling of KingPole, and 80% erect targets girth more than length so that is why I was doing it that way. I will use lower erection levels for a bit, perhaps I need even more conditioning for 80%?


Jelq, ADS, repeat.

Final Goal: 8EL x 6.2

Must...think...long...term.

Ok

Originally Posted by TheContinental
Hi rotar,

I was following the workout styling of KingPole, and 80% erect targets girth more than length so that is why I was doing it that way. I will use lower erection levels for a bit, perhaps I need even more conditioning for 80%?


New Jelq City! you should read this.

Interesting technique. Sounds like what I used to do last year, strong grip at low erection level. It netted me good length gains, but almost zero in EG. I guess I was doing about 40-50% erect at the time, so it was a little different than the cheeva method. Have people been seeing results from his style of jelq?


Jelq, ADS, repeat.

Final Goal: 8EL x 6.2

Must...think...long...term.

HOLA he est ado Siguiendo El Hilo a este Asunto de EQ soy novato Estoy en mi Tercera Semana PE en la Segunda tube ganacias 09/11/09: 9” BPFSL, 9” EG , 15” BPEL ::: 15/11/09: 9,5” BPFSL, 11,5” EG, 15,5” BPEL

Mi Rutina es sencilla jelq 20 minuto y estiramiento,pero esto lo hago por Las Noches muy tarde, durmiendo Poco,y en esta mi tersera Semana he notado Erecciones muy Débiles, no Madera en la Mañana y Poco Ganancia,SI alguien Pudiera orientarme SI es por la Falta de Sueño o mucho PE y que hacer para Recuperar EQ. S0777

Top

All times are GMT. The time now is 08:59 PM.