Thunder's Place

The big penis and mens' sexual health source, increasing penis size around the world.

Theory on girth vs length

123

Theory on girth vs length

Ok, I’ve noticed if I make quick girth gains, I seem to loose length.

Or in the morning, when I’m partially hard, I will be thicker than when fully hard.

So…if volumn remains constant, that is, if you only gain girth… then LENGTH MUST DECREASE!

[ Volumn= pi(3.14) X radius(squared)X height ]

So, for guys like Big Girtha, who have gained much girth, but no length….I say that they have gained a lot of length, it just gets absorbed in the increased total volumn.

Here’s an example; if a guy with a girth of 5.5 inches and 7 in length increases his girth to 6 inches, if he doesn’t do anything to increase his length too, his length will go down to 5.9 inches!

Thats a loss of 1.1 inch!

I think this is where the thought that you must do length work first comes from. Those that are doing girth work would have to be making INSANE length gains for the total volumn to go up enough for both girth and length to increase at the same time!

So for those of you that are making girth gains, but length stays the same, remember if you are not LOSING length…it means you ARE actually making great length gains!

This may answer the mysterious phenomenom some of us have notice of sudden length loss. Now I see it can either be OVERTRAINING (contraction) or GIRTH GAINS!

So measure girth before you change your routine, it could very well be GOOD NEWS not OVERTRAINING!

Your whole theory is based on the assumption that volume must remain constant when gaining girth. There is no length gain if your penis doesn’t get longer, that’s just common sense. If the volume of your penis increases but the length remains the same, the only thing you increased is girth.


My signature is cooler than yours.

I think the problem is that volume doesn’t remain constant. Otherwise PE would just be like molding a piece of plasticene, you would never be able to add any real size. But that clearly isn’t the case. Moreover, I think girth gains can create an optical illusion of shortening.

I also don’t see much of a mechanism for losing the length. Extreme abuse or injury can cause some shrinkage, but this seems to be mainly down to reduced bloodflow. I don’t think injury ever causes a loss in length without some loss of girth too.

As for doing length work first, I always thought that was for ‘practical’ reasons:
- Girth work only expands the visible penis, so it makes sense to get as much dick out there before you start thickening it. This makes some sense, though it depends on your individual nobshape and goals.

- ‘The rubber band theory’: the fatter the penis, the harder it is to make length gains, as the increased thickness makes it harder to stretch (like a thicker rubber band). I don’t buy this one myself. I what’s really going on is that people doing girth (esp. jelqs) at first often make some ‘beginner length gains’ too. Then when they focus on length, they’ve already had their easy length gains so their current gains are quite slow, therefore they perceive gaining length as hard and may blame it on the girth work they started off with.


Current [bpel x g]: 7.1" x 5.4" --> Gains History My Dick's Destiny : 8.0" x 6.0" * Girth Measuring Device *

Originally Posted by 9cyclops9
Your whole theory is based on the assumption that volume must remain constant when gaining girth. There is no length gain if your penis doesn’t get longer, that’s just common sense. If the volume of your penis increases but the length remains the same, the only thing you increased is girth.

No, volumn IS a constant unless changed.

IF you only effect girth and NOT length…total volumn will remain the same, THEREFORE length MUST decrease.

However, most methods effect both, some methods effect more of one than the other.

I think the only PURE technique is hanging absolutey flaccid. That MAY be purely length. However, if you have any type of erection at all, I believe that it then effects girth also.

Many guys report girth and length gains when hanging…interesting.

This is not to argue anything. It is mere to point out the math of what we are trying to do.

This helps explain some of the things we experience.

Originally Posted by sparkyx
IF you only effect girth and NOT length…total volumn will remain the same, THEREFORE length MUST decrease.

So if you affect girth and not length…. you affect length?
I don’t understand…

Quote
Many guys report girth and length gains when hanging…interesting.

I was under the impression that the hanging girth gains are an increase in base girth as the thicker inner penis is pulled out.


Current [bpel x g]: 7.1" x 5.4" --> Gains History My Dick's Destiny : 8.0" x 6.0" * Girth Measuring Device *

Originally Posted by olaf christ

I also don’t see much of a mechanism for losing the length.

Mechanism…I’m talking math!

Have you never noticed in the morning, sometimes with a partial erection you can have more girth when fully erect?

Again, volumn remains constant unless CHANGED. We seek to change it with PE.

Different exercises place stress in different ways. Some effect girth more than length, and visa-versa.

Almost ALL effect both.

IF the exercise is PRIMARILY effecting girth, WITHOUT enough total volumn expansion, you will either see no length gains, or loss of length….its just the math of it.

For those of us that see both length and girth gains at once, be aware that you are really making some excellent volumn gains inorder to achieve that.

Originally Posted by olaf christ
So if you affect girth and not length…. you affect length?
I don’t understand…

The penis is a complex mechanism, granted.

This is merely to point out the math of volumn.

If you were to do an exercise that PURELY expands girth ( no such an exercise) then you would see a decrease in length.

As it stands, almost all of our exercises effect both, but some effect one more than the other.

There are guys like Big Girtha who have made outstanding gains in girth, but almost NO gains in length DESPITE real efforts to do so.

This is merely to explain that they have made huge RELATIVE length gains that allowed them to maintain their length and not be “shortened” by their girth gains.

They have achieve a massive VOLUMN gain in order to keep their length while expanding girth wise.

If you do exercises for increasing girth only, you’ll end up with a penis with the same length and a bigger girth, thus a bigger volume. Your theory is a bit weird… why would the penis become shorter just because you’re increasing its girth?

Originally Posted by sparkyx
All the rest of you, re-read it. IT FREAKIN’ MATH FOR GOD SAKE!

I understand the ‘math’ very well, but I think it is misapplied. You can’t just flop out a big equation and assume it must apply because it’s mathematical. The penis is not a perfect platonic cylinder of unchangeable volume, and all it takes to realise that is an erection.

What you say would be correct IF volume were truely constant, ie you cut your dick off and tied it up at the end. Then, stretching it out would most likely make it thinner.

The thing is, volume is NOT constant. We have litres upon litres of blood, the volume of the penis will expand as much as the length/girth of its tissues will allow it… the volume is a consequence of length/girth, not the other way round. The volume of the penis can change in the blink of an eye, however the stretched dimensions of the tissues cannot.


Current [bpel x g]: 7.1" x 5.4" --> Gains History My Dick's Destiny : 8.0" x 6.0" * Girth Measuring Device *

I’ve made girth gains and I’ve never lost length. I also lost some uncemented girth and never gained length.


:flame: "If you build it, they will cum."

Redwood's Progress Report/Routines Thread.

Originally Posted by sparkyx
No, volumn IS a constant unless changed.

Correct. And you change it by adding girth or length.

Let’s say I have a cylinder that is 7 inches long and 5 inches in circumference. A 5 inch circumference has a diameter of approximately 1.6 inches. Since volume is (pi times diameter squared times height) divided by 4, the volume of this cylinder is approximately 13.93 cubic inches. Increase the circumference to 6 inches without touching the length, and you have changed the volume of that cylinder to a whopping 20.05 cubic inches. The length has not changed in order to keep the volume. The volume changed. That’s math.

Quote
IF you only effect girth and NOT length…total volumn will remain the same, THEREFORE length MUST decrease.

See above. This statement makes absolutely no sense from either a common sense or a mathematical standpoint.

Quote
I think the only PURE technique is hanging absolutey flaccid. That MAY be purely length. However, if you have any type of erection at all, I believe that it then effects girth also.

So any time I get an erection I’m working my girth? Why am I not 8” EG by this point?

Quote
Many guys report girth and length gains when hanging…interesting.

Base girth gains are from pulling the “inner penis” outside the body during hanging.


My signature is cooler than yours.

I think your reasoning is flawed sparky. You are basically assuming that if you work ONLY girth that total volume CANNOT change so therefore the if the penis volume is to stay the same as before the girth work, length must decrease. Girth work doesn’t make volume stay the same, it increases volume by adding more girth and by length staying the same (unless your lucky enough to get some length gains with girth work as well). Your reasoning would also assume that if you ONLY did length work, then to compensate for the length gains, the penis must become skinnier because you’re saying it has to stay the same volume if you only work length or girth. I don’t think this happens for many people.

Give me Mass

Guys, I’m not a mathematician, but I see the logic behind Sparky’s theory. We’ve discussed it on other threads. All I know is I have worked both length and girth with great enthusiasm for the last two years. I gained a very quick inch in both length and girth, and then the length gains stopped but the girth gains continued and are continuing still. My stats vary so much I don’t bother changing them any more. I started a little less than 6” long and now I’m a little over 7” depending on the quality of my erection. My girth stays around 6-1/2 or can be as high as 6-3/4 after a girth session, on a couple of occasions I’ve gotten it around 7” or so, but the faux/girth fades in a few days. However, what I’m seeing on the ruler and what I’m seeing in the mirror is something else. Looking at my flaccid dick especially from the side it looks absolutely huge very fat and heavy looking. It feels heavy, both to me and the women in my life. I think a lot of this MASS may be simply due to the excess skin I have gained. I am cut, but I have gained a ton of skin that slides down over my shaft giving the illusion of a very fat uncut flaccid. When I am bone hard (ED DRUG) erect, my girth is not as impressive. I believe I have gained total volume and weight more than inches in either length or girth. But that is fine with me, as far as I’m concerned any gain is gain, and I’ve always been more concerned with looking good flaccid than with having a bigger boner, but I wouldn’t be disappointed if one were to come along.


2003: 6X5 2010: 7X7

No Nukes

Yes I’ve seen this in other threads also.

Get one of those elongated party ballons.

Without it being inflated, take it and pull it and stretch it in all directions.
Watch what happens. My theory is that it’s simular, but also different.

Top
123
Similar Threads 
ThreadStarterForumRepliesLast Post
lost girth, gain lengthvanloonPenis Enlargement908-15-2005 12:29 AM
Only Girth Gains. Help with LengthpyrsnwbPenis Enlargement Basics306-20-2005 08:39 PM
Length only or Girth onlyShiverPenis Enlargement612-28-2004 11:09 PM
length first then girth?jajiPenis Enlargement609-23-2002 01:08 PM
length girth routinejoe sevenPenis Enlargement007-14-2002 07:21 PM

All times are GMT. The time now is 02:26 PM.