Thunder's Place

The big penis and mens' sexual health source, increasing penis size around the world.

Suggested new measuring method: vertical ruler

“False gains” is a relatively new concept - Modestoman brought it up towards the end of the “LOT theory”-thread. But since the p.s. bone is what limits how much you get into your woman/man (unless you do some strange reverse-cowgirl with you on top) I think it is a relevant measurement - especially since it is consistent.

Is lack of self-delusion is an obstacle?


regards, mgus

Taped onto the dashboard of a car at a junkyard, I once found the following: "Good judgement comes from experience. Experience comes from bad judgement." The car was crashed.

Primary goal: To have an EQ above average (i.e. streetsmart, compassionate about life and happy) Secondary goal: to make an anagram of my signature denoting how I feel about my gains

Originally Posted by Krowax
I got exactly (and by that I mean ON THE MILLIMETER) the same measurement using this method as using my “regular” method. I’m not saying you’re wrong, people should probably learn how to measure properly, but there are some of us who measure properly anyway. :)


The difference is if your ligs are “peeled off” the p.s. i.e. there is a “groove” to push the ruler into. I know my ligs have stretched, and that I can get the ruler in deeper under the p.s. than I could before.

I’m certainly not trying to bring anyone down - my point is that measuring this way would be more consistent over time, tracking real growth rather than possible side effects.


regards, mgus

Taped onto the dashboard of a car at a junkyard, I once found the following: "Good judgement comes from experience. Experience comes from bad judgement." The car was crashed.

Primary goal: To have an EQ above average (i.e. streetsmart, compassionate about life and happy) Secondary goal: to make an anagram of my signature denoting how I feel about my gains

Your point is well taken. By me anyway.

I think delusion to be a far greater obstacle any day of the week.

Speaking of. Any thoughts on the Salvini technique? I know it’s a closely guarded trade secret. But maybe there is a secret diagram?


Before: I'd like to show you something I'm very proud of, but you'll have to move real close.

After: I\'d like to show you something I\'m very proud of, but you guys in the front row will have to stand back.

God gave men both a penis and a brain, but unfortunately not enough blood supply to run both at the same time. - Robin Williams (:

Originally Posted by mgus
Is lack of self-delusion is an obstacle?

No, of course not. :)

The only problem I have is accepting the fact that “lig type” gains are irrelevant or minute. I can’t discuss the mechanics of the LOT theory, etc. but do know my erection level has lowered and my hang has also dropped and can feel the bundles in my shaft without digging in my pubes. It’s hard for me to disregard my obvious gains by ligament work just because someone says so.

I told a co-worker about PE. He is very athletic and healthy and reported to me very hard erections. After approximately 3 weeks he reported to me about 1/2 inch gain. The only instructions from me were to pull downward daily for 10-15 min with soreness as a goal. Ignorance is bliss.

I think you’ve nailed it, Mgus. Your drawing looks right to me.

The one thing this whole “false gains” idea doesn’t represent is how well your dick hangs when flaccid or semi-erect. Lig gains can improve flaccid/semi hang, simply because your shaft isn’t being pulled up as far by the ligs.

But, as Mgus has noted, those lig gains don’t usually correspond to anything insertable into another’s body, unless you’re literally fucking straight down.


Enter your measurements in the PE Database.

Originally Posted by mgus
The difference is if your ligs are “peeled off” the p.s. i.e. there is a “groove” to push the ruler into. I know my ligs have stretched, and that I can get the ruler in deeper under the p.s. than I could before.

I’m certainly not trying to bring anyone down - my point is that measuring this way would be more consistent over time, tracking real growth rather than possible side effects.

It is indeed very good if everyone could measure the same way. The vertical ruler measuring method is not a new one, but I suspect that some people get very dissapointed when using it because it takes off some of their measurement. It is the psychological factor that one is “losing” size, even though one is not, that probably is why some might oppose this method. I would most likely have been a bit disconcerted if I lost perhaps 0.25” from my measurement using another method, but since I have been doing PE for so long I have managed to find a measuring method that seems to be one of those with the least possible potential of error.

I know that many PE:ers sit down and measure aswell, and that also adds to their measurement compared to those that stand. I always stand and measure my “official” measurements, but when looking for progress I usually sit down because it enables me to cheat not even a little. So a standardized measurement method for measuring progress should perhaps be combining your method with sitting down, but when looking for the insertable length, using your method while standing might be the correct one.

There are never only two sides to a coin, there’s always that round edge that runs round and round and round… :) .


"You are entitled to your own opinion, but not your own facts."

Originally Posted by Mr. Nine

The only problem I have is accepting the fact that “lig type” gains are irrelevant or minute. I can’t discuss the mechanics of the LOT theory, etc. but do know my erection level has lowered and my hang has also dropped and can feel the bundles in my shaft without digging in my pubes. It’s hard for me to disregard my obvious gains by ligament work just because someone says so.

This is an important point. In my way of looking at things, penises can be lengthened by hanging/stretching at downward angles, but they do not significantly lengthen simply as a result of lengthening the ligaments.

What’s happening, I believe, is that downward hanging is placing stress not only on the ligs, but also on the dorsal fibers of the tunica. For some guys, this stress induces growth in the shaft. This can be verified if a guy finds that his erection reaches higher up his abdomen.

Also, lig stretching “loosens the moorings” of the penis to the pubic symphysis. The extra slack created by doing this allows the parts of the penis internal to the pubic symphysis to be stretched more effectively, perhaps inducing additional growth.

The real test for whether gains are “real” or “illusory” according to this idea is whether one’s erection reaches any higher on one’s abdomen. Distance from glans tip to navel may be the most accurate measure of “true” shaft gains (assuming you can keep your belly button in one place).

So, I’m not suggesting guys should never hang SD or BTC. My point in is that I think we’ve historically misunderstood why these exercises are effective. I’m not saying they’re not effective.


Enter your measurements in the PE Database.


Last edited by ModestoMan : 08-02-2006 at .

Originally Posted by Mr. Happy
Speaking of. Any thoughts on the Salvini technique? I know it’s a closely guarded trade secret. But maybe there is a secret diagram?

I just laid my hands on that secret diagram. Here it is:

Attached Images
ST-measurement.JPG
(18.1 KB, 190 views)

regards, mgus

Taped onto the dashboard of a car at a junkyard, I once found the following: "Good judgement comes from experience. Experience comes from bad judgement." The car was crashed.

Primary goal: To have an EQ above average (i.e. streetsmart, compassionate about life and happy) Secondary goal: to make an anagram of my signature denoting how I feel about my gains

Originally Posted by Krowax
I know that many PE:ers sit down and measure aswell, and that also adds to their measurement compared to those that stand. I always stand and measure my “official” measurements, but when looking for progress I usually sit down because it enables me to cheat not even a little. So a standardized measurement method for measuring progress should perhaps be combining your method with sitting down, but when looking for the insertable length, using your method while standing might be the correct one.

There are never only two sides to a coin, there’s always that round edge that runs round and round and round… :) .


Mbuc discussed the idea of sitting down and getting as big a number as possible in an old thread, concerning accuracy on one hand and precision on the other:

Originally Posted by mbuc
Jakeman,

I agree with the idea that a lot of people have trouble measuring consistantly, which is a necessity for precision. Right from the beginning of doing PE I thought that precision in measuring was vital if I was going to convince myself that it works. Precision as opposed to accuracy is what I was aiming for. Accuracy implies closeness of the measurement to the true value of the quantity measured, since our penises don’t have a “true” size, accuracy is not obtainable. Precision on the other hand is defined by the terms repeatability, stability and constancy.

To achieve precision right from the start I did everything possible to get my measurements as big as possible. Bone pressed, best erection, hardest bone press, pushing angle of penis below 90’ to my body. After a few weeks of starting I could say it’s 6.6 or maybe 6.7 but there’s no way I can pretend it’s 7.0.

Every three months I recorded my best possible measurements. I would measure several times over a few days and use the biggest measurements I could achieve.
—-


regards, mgus

Taped onto the dashboard of a car at a junkyard, I once found the following: "Good judgement comes from experience. Experience comes from bad judgement." The car was crashed.

Primary goal: To have an EQ above average (i.e. streetsmart, compassionate about life and happy) Secondary goal: to make an anagram of my signature denoting how I feel about my gains

Here’s the link that first talked about this idea: Measuring BPEL correctly. Krowwax came up with the idea of measuring with the ruler on its side. =)

What is this peeling thing mentioned?

I measure sitting down with my penis pointing slightly down (getting tension on the ligs to keep it hard) and rest the ruleagainst the base (not pushing in unless I need a bp measurement) is this what you mean?

I do have different measurements standing to sitting though, standing is about .25” less :(

This method might help for determining your measurements and how they stack up against other people’s measurements. Theoretically, anyway. And as far as that is concerned, I think it is a better measuring method.

However, in my opinion, the most important measurement is for yourself, and not about “bragging rights”. As long as you take a consistent measurement — even if you are cheating! — you will be able to measure your own relative gains, which is to me what is most important.

For this I have always thought the ol’ felt pen marking your greatest extention in a vacuum tube (a couple minutes into the first set) has worked perfectly. There is no disputing I have made gains when my knob is clearly going beyond the various marks I have made in the past. (Though I will allow there is plenty to dispute about how this indicates my true size. But as I said, I am consistently measuring against myself for gains, not to see where I stand against others.)

Just my $.02…


My Before and After pics -- .5" gain...

Originally Posted by 5-2-7
Here’s the link that first talked about this idea: Measuring BPEL correctly. Krowwax came up with the idea of measuring with the ruler on its side. =)

Haha, holy shit… I guess I did. I knew I had heard this before somewhere :) .


"You are entitled to your own opinion, but not your own facts."


Last edited by Krowax : 08-03-2006 at .

We’ll have to have the Mod’s rename the thread to “Pictures of Krowax’s suggested measuring method: ruler on it’s side”.


regards, mgus

Taped onto the dashboard of a car at a junkyard, I once found the following: "Good judgement comes from experience. Experience comes from bad judgement." The car was crashed.

Primary goal: To have an EQ above average (i.e. streetsmart, compassionate about life and happy) Secondary goal: to make an anagram of my signature denoting how I feel about my gains

Getting a consistent accurate measurement is not easy but it is important. I made a “ruler” out of 1.00” round wood doweling. Basically a foot long piece of a wooden broom handle with carefully marked 1/4” lines. I cut the end flat and sanded the edges smooth. This allows me to measure very consistently as it will only go in so far and then contact the underlying pelvic bone structure. This is much like the ruler only more comfortable. Using a ruler has a rising pain factor with greater pressure. This means that the BPFSL or BPEL can be effected by that days pain tolerance. I believe that we should always use the maximum BPFSL both in pushing in to BP and pulling out to FLS. That way we KNOW that a gain is real and not a variance on that days measuring effort.

Also, both standing angle and penis angle effect the measurement so that must be consistent as well.

Remember, we are only as accurate or as foolish as we make ourselves.

Top

All times are GMT. The time now is 08:39 PM.