Thunder's Place

The big penis and mens' sexual health source, increasing penis size around the world.

Penis Size: The True Average

Originally Posted by CubanB
I agree to an small extent, average is average.

But also disagree. It’s pretty hard to argue, with no facts to back it up other then speculations and guessing. And it depends if you are talking of 30 year olds, married couples, long term relationships etc. I’m talking about short relationships. Because chances are the guys that sleep with 30 or more women, they aren’t hanging around very long after they get what they want. They are too busy “playing the field”.

From my experience, the 20 somethings that go out every Friday and Saturday night looking to “score”. These guys are going to be better hung then average. It might be 0.5 inch more, it might be more or less I don’t know. It’s pretty hard to be an alpha male of a group of friends when they all know you are packing 5 inches. The alpha males are the most cockiest, most outgoing, confident and the biggest assholes. And these are the guys that the girls will gravitate towards in a club situation. Not always, but more then average. Even excluding alpha males and talking about people who go by themselves looking to meet someone it’s alot easier to psych yourself up to “go on the prowl” when you are more confident about your size, rather then if you are insecure about it. In my opinion these guys will rack up more “conquests” over a period of time then the Joe the Plumber. There will be exceptions, there will be well hung guys who have the charisma of a tennie shoe and can’t seal the deal, and there will be small guys who chicks just gravitate towards. But I am trying to talk about in general. Then there is the word of mouth thing, where once word gets around between a group of girl friends, the “big” guy seems to get more attention. And the small guy gets jokes told about him. I’m sure some small guys (2-4 inches) have enough self confidence to shrug it off and continue on his mission. But these guys really bring down the average and only a percentage of them has to give up going to the club, and then the average starts rising. It’s impossible to argue with any certainty though, but that’s my opinion. We have to agree to disagree.

But it’s not about what the girl wants. Chances are she won’t know what the size is, until she’s “given it up” at least once. It’s about how the guy feels about himself. The confidence to go out there and try to get some. These guys that do will be increasing their chances with more women.

Well said CubanB. I am inclined to believe this is mostly true, at least in today’s society and culture. (As I mentioned previously myself also)

Cuban,

Are your implying that guys that sleep with more than 30 (ish) women in a lifetime are generally more hung than average? Does sleeping with more than 30 women make you a stud or kind of a slut? I think if a small to average guy has game, (and money helps), he can score a lot easier than an ugly well endowed guy who is an asshole. For me, in my 20’s, I never thought one way or another about my size. I knew I was around 7”. That was about it. It didn’t impact me one way or another, on how I approached girls. (Not that I had great game all the time. Depends on the scene, the girl(s) and how much alcohol is involved)


Paraphrased: It is not the critic who counts: The credit belongs to the man in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood, who strives valiantly, who errs and comes up short again and again, who, at the best, knows the triumph of high achievement, and who, at the worst, if he fails, at least he fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who knew neither victory nor defeat.

Originally Posted by Acid Jazz
I think if a small to average guy has game, (and money helps), he can score a lot easier than an ugly well endowed guy who is an asshole.

Having a mystical “game” is a myth. As many people who have a large cock will tell you, women talk, word gets around, that is how the guy with a big dick gets to sleep with so many women. You are right in saying money will help you get laid though.


My goal is to be the best me, mind, body and soul, PE is part of achieving the best me.

By the way, beenthere posted some survey results about this after cheeva’s post but it seems it was ignored.

Originally Posted by Acid Jazz
Cuban,

Are your implying that guys that sleep with more than 30 (ish) women in a lifetime are generally more hung than average? Does sleeping with more than 30 women make you a stud or kind of a slut? I think if a small to average guy has game, (and money helps), he can score a lot easier than an ugly well endowed guy who is an asshole. For me, in my 20’s, I never thought one way or another about my size. I knew I was around 7”. That was about it. It didn’t impact me one way or another, on how I approached girls. (Not that I had great game all the time. Depends on the scene, the girl(s) and how much alcohol is involved)


I don’t know how to explain it. And keep in mind I am talking out of my ass here (speculating). There is no facts to back it up. What any of us say really other then our own experience.

First of all, I think if you exclude all of the scenarios I talked about above in the other post. And you are only talking about meeting your partners through coworkers, or college, average will be average. There is no reason why that person would be bigger or smaller and penis size doesn’t factor into it.

The survey shows a graph, the green bar is the well endowed, averaging 7.5 hookups in a year. The modest and average show 3.5. Like beenthere said, 2 to 1 ratio might be hard to believe.

Before seeing that survey I would of guessed the average joe would be 2 - 4 or so. I think it’s a reasonable amount. Maybe all 3 categories are exaggerating, maybe only one category is exaggerating. It’s self reported afterall.

The way your post is worded, I don’t know how to answer it. Slut or stud isn’t important. I think I explained it pretty well in the other post. If you are more confident about your size, you are more likely to go on the prowl, and go out every Friday or Saturday to get some (as opposed to only tagging along when your friends go for example). This increases your chances of success. In a club, only 10% of the more endowed guys have to show up, and only 10% of the 2-4 inches have to stay at home, and already the average size the ladies are likely to encounter has increased. How much is the true percentage? Who knows.

In terms of the big picture, the amount of people that go to clubs and pubs to hook up isn’t a big part of the total population. But in terms of how often they sleeping with other people, compared to the guy who stays at home or goes over a friends place to watch a game of football. I think it is. There is also the circle of friends thing as well, where word of mouth gets around. Which doesn’t necessarily have to be at a pub or club. So if the girl, who is a librarian that likes to stay at home on Saturday and read a book while having a warm bath in some aromatic salts, maybe she will be used to average size. If she is an outgoing blonde or the sassy brunette who loves attention, and rides a limo to the club with her girlfriends, maybe her average is a little higher.

Again, great points Cuban. The conclusion I have reached, at least for myself is this: The medical and scientific studies are legit/accurate, we know what the true “average” is in general.

Popular culture, the 20-somethings, those going to clubs, active in the dating scene, etc have a somewhat inflated picture of what “average” is. In my region, and apparently that of a lot of others, this seems to ring true. It’s a fucked up situation, but try telling that hottie you picked up at the club Friday night that your 6X5 is above average! Somehow I think she will get a chuckle out of that….

I also seem to notice that the older posters seem to have a slightly different take on this. It makes sense though, this is a modern/pop culture thing. It was around to an extent in my younger days also, but then again, I’m only in my mid 30s.

I am an “older” poster here. (40) All I was trying to say was that when I was in College, and very promiscuous , penis size was giggled about a little with the girls, but by no means did it impact one way or another who went to the bars, parties and clubs. At that time, I didn’t know if I was endowed or not, I just knew that I liked getting laid. I think a horny guy with a 5 inch unit will find a way to be confident enough to go get some one way or another.


Paraphrased: It is not the critic who counts: The credit belongs to the man in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood, who strives valiantly, who errs and comes up short again and again, who, at the best, knows the triumph of high achievement, and who, at the worst, if he fails, at least he fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who knew neither victory nor defeat.

Originally Posted by Beretta92
Popular culture, the 20-somethings, those going to clubs, active in the dating scene, etc have a somewhat inflated picture of what “average” is. In my region, and apparently that of a lot of others, this seems to ring true. It’s a fucked up situation, but try telling that hottie you picked up at the club Friday night that your 6X5 is above average! Somehow I think she will get a chuckle out of that….

Well a couple things come to mind:

— I doubt the hottie will give a crap about how a guy’s 6x5 ranks on the size scale if he is a tiger in bed.
— Why tell the hottie anything about your dick size? Just Don’t Bring It Up. There is no good reason to bring up the size of your dick with a woman.

Just my humble opinion, but not a bad one, I think.


As to why 20-something women might have an inflated idea of what “average” — PORN.

The main thing that makes the world different than when Acid Jazz and I were single is this: Easy access to porno images for everybody.

When I was in my early twenties if you wanted to see porno, you had to go to a movie theater or a dirty book store. Later you could go to a store and buy or rent a video cassette.

More women saw porn once the “VCR revolution” took hold, but again they had to actively seek it out (or watch it with boyfriends).

Now it is easy to see a porn picture on the net, even if you are not looking for one. Porno penises are everywhere.

But again, so what. At some point most of these young women will realize that those are the exception, not the norm.

Originally Posted by sta-kool
Well a couple things come to mind:

— I doubt the hottie will give a crap about how a guy’s 6x5 ranks on the size scale if he is a tiger in bed.
— Why tell the hottie anything about your dick size? Just Don’t Bring It Up. There is no good reason to bring up the size of your dick with a woman.

Just my humble opinion, but not a bad one, I think.


As to why 20-something women might have an inflated idea of what “average” — PORN.

The main thing that makes the world different than when Acid Jazz and I were single is this: Easy access to porno images for everybody.

When I was in my early twenties if you wanted to see porno, you had to go to a movie theater or a dirty book store. Later you could go to a store and buy or rent a video cassette.

More women saw porn once the “VCR revolution” took hold, but again they had to actively seek it out (or watch it with boyfriends).

Now it is easy to see a porn picture on the net, even if you are not looking for one. Porno penises are everywhere.

But again, so what. At some point most of these young women will realize that those are the exception, not the norm.


This all makes sense to me. And I agree, there is absolutely no reason to discuss your dick size with a woman, that was just a (stupid) example I made.

Also, I can relate to the availability of porn reference, or it becoming much more mainstream. Internet was non-existent when I was in highschool, and for some years after. Cell phones looked like bricks. EFI, anti-lock brakes, and airbags were a rare luxury. Only place we saw porn was the soft shit we stole from the cable company by removing the filters, or a good ole Hustler magazine. And the occasional video ordered out of the back of a nasty magazine, or rented from the “back room” at the select few video stores that had them.

MOLECULAR UROLOGY
Volume 3, Number 2, 1999
Mary Ann Llebert, Inc.
Changes in Penile Morphometries in Men with Erectile Dysfunction after Nerve-Sparing Radical Retropubic Prostatectomy

“One hundred men aged 60.6 ± 0.7 (range 47-74 years) who underwent bilateral NSRRP [Prostate Surgery] by a single surgeon (HL) between 1995 and 1997 presented at different intervals postoperatively for evaluation of ED.”

“Penile morphometrics were obtained from all of the patients by a single observer (AM) at the time of penile color duplex ultrasound scanning. The penis length and circumference were initially measured from symphysis to penile tip in the flaccid state in the recumbent position. A second measurement at the time of maximum erection was performed following intracorporal injection of 0.3 mL of Trimix (20 /j.g of PGE-1, 30 mg of papaverine, and 1 mg of phentolamine per milliliter). The injection was uniformly administered laterally into the left corpus cavernosum with a 29-gauge needle. Patients who had not responded maximally by 10 min were asked to stand for 2 min to enhance the quality of their erections. The increased venous congestion in the standing position always resulted in an improved erection. A qualitative assessment of penile tumescence was made by both the attending urologist and the patient.”

My guess is symphysis is bone pressed.

Included in tabular format in the paper we have average results pre-prostatectomy of (assuming this is BP) (also where is the girth measurement obtained; mid-shaft, base, head or average?):

  • BPFL: 125mm (4.92in.)
  • Flaccid Girth: 90mm (3.54in.)
  • BPEL: 168mm (6.61in.)
  • Erect Girth: 121mm (4.76in.)

Source

Length for show. Girth for "Whoa"!

NBPEL: Start: $1.50; Current: $1.75; Goal: $2

MSEG: Start: <TP Tube; Current: >TP Tube; Goal: >>PT Tube.

Originally Posted by retention_head
  • BPFL: 125mm (4.92in.)
  • Flaccid Girth: 90mm (3.54in.)
  • BPEL: 168mm (6.61in.)
  • Erect Girth: 121mm (4.76in.)

Thats gonna sting for a lot of guys, most people want to believe the true average is in the 5 inch range, I’m suprised girth is so low however.


My goal is to be the best me, mind, body and soul, PE is part of achieving the best me.

Originally Posted by HardbodyPEer
most people want to believe the true average is in the 5 inch range


The above study is focused on guys with ED. Perhaps they didn’t get a 10 on the Thunder’s 1-10 “hard-on” scale (although they had subjective tumescence rated when measured). I’ve read on this forum that when injecting a PGE mix the erection doesn’t seem to be 100%. Hence they could even be bigger.

These were mostly older men. Perhaps a generation ago penis size was bigger. That would correlate with Kinsey and Wessley.

Personally, I believe the avg. is about 6”x5” NBPEL x MSEG”. 8x6 is my goal, because porn has marketed that size as what is “Manly”. And, unfortunately I am sheepish enough to accept that porn-size = MAN.


Length for show. Girth for "Whoa"!

NBPEL: Start: $1.50; Current: $1.75; Goal: $2

MSEG: Start: <TP Tube; Current: >TP Tube; Goal: >>PT Tube.

Have you questioned if they were measuring from the top, in that study?

Wiki now weighs in on the debate:

Quote
While results vary across studies, the consensus is that the mean human penis is approximately 12.9–15 cm (5.1–5.9 in) in length with a 95% confidence interval of (10.7 cm, 19.1 cm) (or, equivalently, 4.23 in, 7.53 in).[8][9][10] The typical girth or circumference is approximately 12.3 cm (4.85 in) when fully erect. The mean penis size is slightly greater than the median size.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Human_penis_size


I'm a big fan of 50 Cent, or as we call him in Zimbabwe, four hundred million dollars.

Originally Posted by marinera

Have you questioned if they were measuring from the top, in that study?

The subjects were lying down so it’s more likely it was from the side or underneath.

Lying down?! I lose half an inch or more when I lay down.


PE Goal: 7.5" NBP x 5.8" MSG

Top

All times are GMT. The time now is 02:45 AM.