Thunder's Place

The big penis and mens' sexual health source, increasing penis size around the world.

My Elist Implant Experience

Originally Posted by memento
That’s an advert uploaded by Elist, what do you expect?

Have you seen this:

The Implantee Manifesto Against Dr. Elist’s Silicone Implant

I just looked at that site you sent me. Why did that guy go bigger? Also, he had herpes. Wasn’t that a bad idea to get anything done to it? I seriously do believe all procedures have complications and bad scenarios so I definitely am not questioning anybody’s story. What I’m hearing is that all complications are due to people not following the post op instructions. If this is not the case then is it possible that this procedure will or is perfected? It seems like he’s getting a lot of publicity right now so I would assume there’s no room for error now or is this wishful thinking? It looks like the people with the bad experiences were from a few years ago. I did find this one website below which is a positive review. Believe me, I’ve seen negative ones too. I have considered this procedure but I’m kind of scared and not sure. I appreciate any feedback.

http://smsna.org/V1/index.php?optio…abstract_id=145

Which guy? There are loads of guys in that thread who report having the implant and having complications.

>What I’m hearing is that all complications are due to people not following the post op instructions. <

Read the links in that thread, this point is covered. This is certainly something that has been reported as coming straight from Elist as an explanation. It’s hard to know the truth but it seems a pity to blame the patient.

The articles in GQ and the Daily Mail look like native advertising advertising to me, so it would not surprise me if they had been paid for.

Consider joining phalloboards, there are a lot more people with direct experience of the Elist implant who may be able to answer your questions.

Also be aware that penis enlargement surgery in general is a high pressure sales situation, imo. Take your time coming to your own conclusions and don’t discount manual penis enlargement as a way forward, it’s worked for many of us here.


Thunder's Place: increasing penis size one dick at a time.


Last edited by memento : 04-07-2016 at .

Yes I’ve seen a number of complaints about this Dr’s implants showing through skin and shifting. He seems to be the only penis plastic surgeon using implants for length and girth as opposed to the traditional ligament severing for length and fat,alloderm.for girth. I am very sorry for your horrible ordeal and hope the Doc gets what’s coming to him .I with you well!

IMPLANTS for ED not same as for enlargement

Previous posts seem to confuse this Dr’s implants with those used for ED. COMPLETELY different animal. ELIst.. Uses shaped implants as an expedient method for enlargement (the animated video he shows makes it look sure all

.But attractive to potential clients ).implants for ED.. Render a man unable to achieve natural erection. .But are always a sure bet to achieve an erection .A number of older men .including celebrities .have them . Should be noted that ED implant physicians are always experienced Urologists. .Many enlargement physicians are solely plastic surgeons who do not specialize in penis enlargement.

RE: Elist Penuma Implant

Hi Guys, I am new to to the forum and considering the elist implant, now known as the penuma implant. First let me just say, this site is an awesome source of information ! Glad I found it !
So , I am very seriously considering this surgery, however I can see there were definitely some negatives regarding this procedure.

Let me get straight to my question. I have read the negatives. I know you guys say “there were many complaints”, but to be accurate I have only seen like 3, and they are the same ones repeated over and over.

Correct me if I am wrong, but hasn’t Dr. Elist likely performed a few thousand of these punuma or elist implants ?

Hypothetically if he performed 2000 of these procedures, and even if 20 of them had “negative issues”, isn’t that only a 1% unsatisfactory rate ?

You guys all seem super intelligent, I am a newb, so feel free to school me LOL.

I don;t prefer opinions, I prefer facts. I have already read the horror stories, but I have only seen a few. Like less than 5.

I am assuming this man has performed thousands of these correct ?

Is there an fda website we can find that could confirm how many of these elist/penuma have been implanted ?

That would give us all an accurate success to failure rate.

Thanks Guy !

Hi Rich,

Welcome to the forum. Did you read this (linked earlier) it has more than 5:

The Implantee Manifesto Against Dr. Elist’s Silicone Implant

It’s impossible to estimate the failure rate of the implant from forum posts. I’d have to pluck number out of the air, in the way you have, maybe estimating that 2% of people for whom the operation fails make a forum post (which seems high), then using your number of 5 getting 250 failures. Even taking your estimate of 2000 operations, which would equate to approximately 3 operations a day for 2 years (the cost of the operation indicates a lower volume business strategy) we end up with a failure rate of 12.5%. But my figure of 12.5% is just as suspect as your figure of 1%, I’ve just added one more factor to the calculation and used your numbers elsewhere.


Thunder's Place: increasing penis size one dick at a time.

Further to this, you could add other factors to increase the failure rate in these calculations. For example, attempts to censor bad reviews e.g. Dr. Elist Wants to Censor Thunder’s Place. I leave you to estimate how successful this strategy has been in removing content from the net. Also out of court settlements with gag clauses are fairly common: we’ve seen examples of this with other surgeons. It’s still plucking numbers from the air though.


Thunder's Place: increasing penis size one dick at a time.

Originally Posted by RichGina
Hi Guys, I am new to to the forum and considering the elist implant, now known as the penuma implant. First let me just say, this site is an awesome source of information ! Glad I found it !
So , I am very seriously considering this surgery, however I can see there were definitely some negatives regarding this procedure.

Let me get straight to my question. I have read the negatives. I know you guys say “there were many complaints”, but to be accurate I have only seen like 3, and they are the same ones repeated over and over.

Correct me if I am wrong, but hasn’t Dr. Elist likely performed a few thousand of these punuma or elist implants ?

Hypothetically if he performed 2000 of these procedures, and even if 20 of them had “negative issues”, isn’t that only a 1% unsatisfactory rate ?

You guys all seem super intelligent, I am a newb, so feel free to school me LOL.

I don;t prefer opinions, I prefer facts. I have already read the horror stories, but I have only seen a few. Like less than 5.

I am assuming this man has performed thousands of these correct ?

Is there an fda website we can find that could confirm how many of these elist/penuma have been implanted ?

That would give us all an accurate success to failure rate.

Thanks Guy !

Have you tried PE?

Originally Posted by RichGina
Correct me if I am wrong, but hasn’t Dr. Elist likely performed a few thousand of these punuma or elist implants ?

Hypothetically if he performed 2000 of these procedures, and even if 20 of them had “negative issues”, isn’t that only a 1% unsatisfactory rate ?

It is funny that you say you prefer facts and not opinions, yet you are willing to just guess how many implant surgeries Dr. Elist has performed, and hypothesize a very low rate of failure based on that.

Sounds like you are trying to convince yourself to do the surgery against the evidence.

People who have had failed surgeries are more likely to complain than people who have had successful ones, yes. But one could only guess how many successes there have been. However the reports from this thread and the linked thread points to a worrying pattern of behaviour from Dr. Elist himself in addition to similarities among the failed surgeries.

If these are lies, then Dr. Elist should try and engage these online communities in a meaningful way, instead of merely sending cease and desist letters.

If you go and read the reviews posted 90% seemed to have been written by the same person just with different names. “Oh his staff was so helpful and informative”; if I read another review like that I’d throwup!

Thanks for the quick replies guys !

Yes, I like to stick with facts which was why I stated “Hypothetically if he performed 2000 of these procedures”.

The facts I want to stick with are statistical data that we could calculate on a worst case scenario.

Wikipedia made this statement:
“Elist invented, patented, and received 510(k) clearance for a soft silicone implant called Penuma.[6] He has used the implant for over 1,300 patients for the treatment of soft tissue deformities in the penis and has had a 95% success rate.[7][8] According to an IRB-approved, 400 patient, five year retrospective review that was presented at the Annual Conference of the Society of Sexual Medicine, 81% of men reported high or very high levels of satisfaction and 72% of men reported significant increases in self-confidence.[9][10][11] These findings will also be presented at the 2016 Annual Meeting of the American Urological Association (AUA) in San Diego.”

Now I know Wikipedia information may not be accurate, however, once again I am looking for a realistic range of satisfactions vs. Dissatisfaction.

Even if there were 10 complaints in 1000, that still only equates to 1%.

PLease let me be clear guys, I am in no way defending the Dr. LOL. I could care less.

As for him not coming into forums and defending his product, maybe he feels there is no need to. I mean some of it has to be an issue with patient/client confidentiality. Improper post op care is the most common cause of issues. I can easily see some guy super excited wanting to use his new penis right away before it is even ready. Again, I am not defending Elist at all. Just trying to keep an open mind.

Truth of the matter is, if there is a 95% or better rate of success, than this implant is definitely worth it for me. I am healthy, no allergies, and I am willing to follow up my post op to the letter.

I guess where I am going with this is, it’d be awesome if we could get a legitimate review from a satisfied person. I am curious as to what the ideal scenario is. Realistically speaking, this implant has to have a pretty decent success rate correct ?
By all means guys if I am wrong, please educate me. This stuff is all new to me.

Based on all my research though, this surgery procedure sounds very basic and simplified. I do not even see how there could be any complications to a healthy individual. I watched the videos of the procedures being done and it is as simple as breast implants. My only guess is 1) the customer wants the largest implant. Or 2) they simply do not follow the post op instructions.


Rich

Originally Posted by RichGina
Thanks for the quick replies guys !

Yes, I like to stick with facts which was why I stated “Hypothetically if he performed 2000 of these procedures”.

The facts I want to stick with are statistical data that we could calculate on a worst case scenario.

Wikipedia made this statement:
“Elist invented, patented, and received 510(k) clearance for a soft silicone implant called Penuma.[6] He has used the implant for over 1,300 patients for the treatment of soft tissue deformities in the penis and has had a 95% success rate.[7][8] According to an IRB-approved, 400 patient, five year retrospective review that was presented at the Annual Conference of the Society of Sexual Medicine, 81% of men reported high or very high levels of satisfaction and 72% of men reported significant increases in self-confidence.[9][10][11] These findings will also be presented at the 2016 Annual Meeting of the American Urological Association (AUA) in San Diego.”

Now I know Wikipedia information may not be accurate, however, once again I am looking for a realistic range of satisfactions vs. Dissatisfaction.

Even if there were 10 complaints in 1000, that still only equates to 1%.

PLease let me be clear guys, I am in no way defending the Dr. LOL. I could care less.

As for him not coming into forums and defending his product, maybe he feels there is no need to. I mean some of it has to be an issue with patient/client confidentiality. Improper post op care is the most common cause of issues. I can easily see some guy super excited wanting to use his new penis right away before it is even ready. Again, I am not defending Elist at all. Just trying to keep an open mind.

Truth of the matter is, if there is a 95% or better rate of success, than this implant is definitely worth it for me. I am healthy, no allergies, and I am willing to follow up my post op to the letter.

I guess where I am going with this is, it’d be awesome if we could get a legitimate review from a satisfied person. I am curious as to what the ideal scenario is. Realistically speaking, this implant has to have a pretty decent success rate correct ?
By all means guys if I am wrong, please educate me. This stuff is all new to me.

Based on all my research though, this surgery procedure sounds very basic and simplified. I do not even see how there could be any complications to a healthy individual. I watched the videos of the procedures being done and it is as simple as breast implants. My only guess is 1) the customer wants the largest implant. Or 2) they simply do not follow the post op instructions.

Or instead of doing a risky surgery and having foreign objects inserted into your penis.You could put sometime in do PE and get a longer thicker healthier penis naturally with no risk.Its a no brainer to me.Its your penis you can mutilate it to your hearts content I personally couldn’t care less.


A Small Leak Will Always Sink A Great Ship.

(Fat Pad 0.25")

How about you documenting your procedure/recovery with photos if you decide to go through with the procedure RichGina? That way if everything goes as well as you assume it will, we will have a documented success story that isn’t on the Doc’s website.


Penis Enlargement Forum -- How To Jelq -- Free Penis Enlargement Videos

Make a Donation This place runs on donations, help out if you can. Thanks.

I appreciate the input .

You guys seem pretty knowledgeable and the fact that no one seems to be very gung ho about this surgery is a red flag to me LMAO.

I am assuming “PE” stands for penis excerises ?

Maybe I’ll stick around and read up.

What have I got to lose ? (No pun intended lol)

I did found this on the FDA’s website. It doesn’t name the dr. Specifically BUT the individual making the report refers to it as an “fda approved” penis enlargment implant. For the record, penuma is NOT an FDA approved implant , it just has 510 clearance (I could be wrong but I don’t think so).

http://www.accessdata.fda.gov/scrip…foi__id=3481272


Rich

Top

All times are GMT. The time now is 10:00 PM.