Thunder's Place

The big penis and mens' sexual health source, increasing penis size around the world.

More recent girth studies

More recent girth studies

Have there been any more recent girth studies 2008 and beyond? I’m a little OCD with the numbers and have been trying to come up with a more accurate comparison against the average in order to more appropriately set my goals.

If you really take a look at the numbers, they’re all over the map. I’m not trying to start a debate on what size average is, just trying to find a definitive study with a decent sample size.

Does anyone have a study where it outlines the method? The studies I am seeing are all over the map. Some measure max girth, some mid, some three points, some with head, and I’ve seen everything from 4.2 in the study in israel (base) to 5.35 in self reports.

I use to believe average girth was close to 4.5, but every single study I’ve seen makes me believe that the truest average mid-shaft girth is just under 4.8. This is because I believe the study by Jenssen in the Netherlands, and the doctor from Brazil seem the most accurate.

Thanks!

Ciao a tutti

Benvenuto Lupomane; per le post scritte in italiano meglio postare qui

a tutti gli italiani

Originally Posted by UkranianTitan
This is the most accurate assessment that I’ve seen.

Http://condomsizeandfacts.blogspot….cumference.html


Wow, not even one of them cracked 5 inches.


"If you can conceive it, and you can believe it...then you can achieve it."

Formerly known as Gandolf

Originally Posted by UkranianTitan
This is the most accurate assessment that I’ve seen.

Http://condomsizeandfacts.blogspot….cumference.html


Glad to see my starting MSEG is bigger than all of those. :)


Start • 5.94''x4.92''

Now • 6.50''x4.96''

Goal • 7.00''x5.75''

Again, one needs to take into account that the erection level in a survey where someone else is measuring the penis is likely lower than if the subject would measure his penis in private. Girth can vary between e.g. 85% erection with a 100% erection.

However, since the different surveys do show quite similar results (around 4.80”), any differences that arise due to different erection levels should be leveled out.

I wonder if the standard deviation is merely the first standard deviation, since the biggest girth within the first standard deviation is just above 141 mm (5.55”). It would be interesting to know what the biggest and smallest measured girths in these surveys are.


"You are entitled to your own opinion, but not your own facts."


Last edited by Krowax : 02-19-2012 at .

4.80” just seems way to, pardon my use of the word. thin.

What must a women say who runs into 5 1/2”, 5 3/4”, never mind 6” girth? The latter must seem absolutely monster huge if the average guy is under 5”.

I struggle knowing what is more impressive. A real 7 plus inch NBPEL or girth of say 6”? The 7 plus length with under 5” of girth doesn’t seem too impressive. Or maybe it does. I can’t make up my mind.

Their synthesis of erection data in both dimensions is fascinating.

Http://condomsizeandfacts.blogspot….-small-how.html


Start (Oct 2010) NBPEL: 5, BPEL: 5.875 inches, BASE GIRTH: 5.25 inches, MID GIRTH: 5

(November 2013) NBPEL: 5.875, BPEL: 6.625 inches, BASE GIRTH: 5.625 inches, MID GIRTH: 5

Goal NBPEL(7-7.5)xMEG(5.5-6) (journal)

Originally Posted by baywatch
4.80” just seems way to, pardon my use of the word. thin.

What must a women say who runs into 5 1/2”, 5 3/4”, never mind 6” girth? The latter must seem absolutely monster huge if the average guy is under 5”.

I struggle knowing what is more impressive. A real 7 plus inch NBPEL or girth of say 6”? The 7 plus length with under 5” of girth doesn’t seem too impressive. Or maybe it does. I can’t make up my mind.


Anything above 5.5” girth is probably very rare in real world. Most people on this site probably don’t think so with all the talk about magical 6” girth. With that said, 6” girth is more impressive than 7” NBPEL.


Start • 5.94''x4.92''

Now • 6.50''x4.96''

Goal • 7.00''x5.75''

Originally Posted by baywatch
4.80” just seems way to, pardon my use of the word. thin.

What must a women say who runs into 5 1/2”, 5 3/4”, never mind 6” girth? The latter must seem absolutely monster huge if the average guy is under 5”.

I struggle knowing what is more impressive. A real 7 plus inch NBPEL or girth of say 6”? The 7 plus length with under 5” of girth doesn’t seem too impressive. Or maybe it does. I can’t make up my mind.


From everything I’ve read the average is definitely under 5.

And yes I think most women would find 5.5” thick, in fact I’m pretty sure that it’s the goal of quite a few members.

In my opinion girth does make quite a huge difference in how big it feels compared to length, for example if you have 4.8” girth and when you clamp you only see an expansion of say 0.2 inches, at 5” it looks and feels much bigger(from my experience anyway). This is due to the volume increase that is all over your dick and not just at the end of your dick like extra length would be.

So imagine going from 4.80” to 5.5” that must feel epic for those of us that start at average girth.


Last edited by _Phoenix_ : 02-20-2012 at .

Originally Posted by Krowax
Again, one needs to take into account that the erection level in a survey where someone else is measuring the penis is likely lower than if the subject would measure his penis in private. Girth can vary between e.g. 85% erection with a 100% erection.

However, since the different surveys do show quite similar results (around 4.80”), any differences that arise due to different erection levels should be leveled out.

I agree. Also, at least in my experience, the girth difference between an 85% and 100% erection isn’t very big. The last bit of an erection mainly just adds some length and hardness for me.

Originally Posted by baywatch
4.80” just seems way to, pardon my use of the word. thin.

What must a women say who runs into 5 1/2”, 5 3/4”, never mind 6” girth? The latter must seem absolutely monster huge if the average guy is under 5”.

I think most guys here with 6” girth will tell you that yes, it does seem absolutely huge to most women (or men) who have seen their share of real-world (not just porn) dicks. Even in porn, 6” girth is noticeably above average.


Please :donatecar to Thunder's Place to keep it running.

“From the above data, it appears that more than 95% of the penises can be considered normal. And 2/3 of the penises are average”
“average 4.26- 5.3 (circumference), repartition 68.8%)”

Am I the only one who thinks it’s deceptive to call such a giant chunk that spans from large to small the average zone? I wouldn’t insist on keeping it to the 1% in dead center, or even a span that includes 10-20% being called average, with everything outside it being big or small seems reasonable, or even a bit more. But when You make an average span so large that most people are in it, it sounds like you’re trying to break the word average to mislead people.

That condom size blog is great, very educational. If you watch the condom size test video though, like 80% of the guys claimed 15cm girth.. I HIGHLY doubt that is even remotely accurate, lol.

Originally Posted by jackman2020
“From the above data, it appears that more than 95% of the penises can be considered normal. And 2/3 of the penises are average”
“average 4.26- 5.3 (circumference), repartition 68.8%)”

Am I the only one who thinks it’s deceptive to call such a giant chunk that spans from large to small the average zone? I wouldn’t insist on keeping it to the 1% in dead center, or even a span that includes 10-20% being called average, with everything outside it being big or small seems reasonable, or even a bit more. But when You make an average span so large that most people are in it, it sounds like you’re trying to break the word average to mislead people.

Not at all. They only did one standard deviation away from mean. An “average range” of only one standard deviation is not that aggressive at all in statistics.


Start (Oct 2010) NBPEL: 5, BPEL: 5.875 inches, BASE GIRTH: 5.25 inches, MID GIRTH: 5

(November 2013) NBPEL: 5.875, BPEL: 6.625 inches, BASE GIRTH: 5.625 inches, MID GIRTH: 5

Goal NBPEL(7-7.5)xMEG(5.5-6) (journal)

Top
Similar Threads 
ThreadStarterForumRepliesLast Post
girth is where it's atdirkPenis Enlargement4710-01-2013 07:43 AM
Big Girtha's routine for girth and flaccid hangBig GirthaPenis Hangers6008-14-2013 06:34 AM
Girth goes down after workoutssmallguy44Penis Enlargement Basics902-10-2011 07:39 PM
Gaining girth using IPR protocolquik4lifePenis Enlargement5110-23-2006 10:53 PM
Wrapping for hanging, girth and tractionSS4JelqPenis Enlargement011-03-2003 10:50 PM

All times are GMT. The time now is 09:54 PM.