Thunder's Place

The big penis and mens' sexual health source, increasing penis size around the world.

Knowing whether you are limited by Dorsal Thickening/Septum

Nope. The ‘cord’ is a false problem, fill your head with that and you’ll go stalling.

The septum isn’t a very thick thing, it is just when CC join together; what is felt like the cord is just the two CC being flattened when stretching, like when you take two balloons together and stretch them; they will flatten toward the center giving the illusion that there is a chord limiting the stretching, but actually if you want a longer penis you have to mqke longer the full surface of the balloons.

I think I have that “cord”. When I strectch I feel I cannot stretch that much because I have something holding my dick backwards.


Dia 1/Day 1- 15 mayo/May 2013- 15 cm X 13 cm. Ahora/Now- 16cm X 13.7cm.

The Size Myth In The Porn Industry

So I just keep doing what I’m doing and forget about what I read in this thread

Right.

Originally Posted by Conscript
So I just keep doing what I’m doing and forget about what I read in this thread

I didn’t create this thread but I’ve probably contributed to it more than anyone else. In it and others I’ve seen hundreds of other users who all report the sensation of the ‘cord’. They all report upward curves (if I remember correctly); they all report it feels like the cord is limiting their stretches and; they all report little to no length gains whatsoever even after years of effort (except a few who have followed the advice in this thread and others..).

While I agree we are yet to come up with a satisfactory conclusion as to precisely what the physiological nature of the ‘cord’ is, I have seen and personally experienced more than enough evidence to convince me that it is a real thing and you DO need to do things differently if you want to gain length. It still seems like the most likely explanation for the cord is an ‘aberration’ in the formation of the septum, whereby, for some reason, the septum has thickened more than it would be expected to do so.

Aberration is probably the wrong word, since when I made a poll designed to figure out exactly what proportion of the population actually has the cord, I found that 40+ % of users who took the survey also reported they had the cord. The poll isn’t as scientifically rigorous or exacting as would be ideal but I nevertheless feel it was a strong indication that it’s likely that the number of people with the cord is in fact significant and it is in no way an aberrant phenotypical expression of a male penis. Just as has been shown that Africans tend to have an extra muscle in their leg; I would suggest that some human males have this thicken septum/cord while others do not.

Which extra muscle do Africans have in their legs? Do you have a reference for that Tweak?

It turns out the extra-muscle is an urban myth and in fact the truth is closer to Africans tending to have a greater expression of one type of fast-twitch muscle fiber than another. So I apologise for that. There are other examples of this exact phenomonon though. Here is a better (real), well documented example: the Palmar tendon, the palmaris longus, a third tendon in the handwhich appears in about 15% of the population but not in the rest.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Palmaris_longus_muscle
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/16006020

That’s probably the best example I can give but there’s plenty of recessive alleles out there. More here: http://sciactivitiespage.wikispaces…of+Human+Traits

Happy?

Actually what your link say is not that it appears in 15% but that it is absent (bilaterally) in about 14% of population. The number is also not universally accepted since it is 4.6% in Chineses and 9% in Caucasians. Another example of how people tend to see what they want to believe. What the absence of a muscle in a minority of population has to do with the existence of a cord that has never been found by anyone anyway?

Originally Posted by marinera
Actually what your link say is not that it appears in 15% but that it is absent (bilaterally) in about 14% of population. The number is also not universally accepted since it is 4.6% in Chineses and 9% in Caucasians. Another example of how people tend to see what they want to believe. What the absence of a muscle in a minority of population has to do with the existence of a cord that has never been found by anyone anyway?

Again I apologize, I read it flippantly, in haste and not properly. But the effect is no different. The study I linked was already assuming the fact that part of the population has that tendon while some did not and was concerned with what you mentioned, that is, that it’s absence in part of the population. The point I was making was that there are cases in the human population of significant differences in physiological expression. I would say that for part of the population to have a tendon and others in the same population to not have it is a fairly big deal. And I was merely suggesting that that may be the case in our present argument regarding the existence of the cord as well. It doesn’t prove my argument regarding the cord, I was just using the case as an example that such a phenomenon has been documented in other areas of the human body.

I admit fully that I cannot prove it but I have provided other evidence to suggest that it does exist (e.g. the numerous matching reports of other users describing an extremely similar experience) which I listed first and which were the backbone of my proposition that the ‘cord’ in some form does exist for some males and not for others.

You don’t feel the cord till you are near the end of your length gains. All it is, is the bundled and tough fibrous CC tissues being pulled tight and they are the limiter. I’m sure there can be some growth after you get to this point, it’s just going to be very very slow.

Originally Posted by Tweaking
…. The point I was making was that there are cases in the human population of significant differences in physiological expression….


Agree. The case of curved penis suggests a strong dorsal tunica albuginea. It’s not the cord causing that, if we are imagining (as they are here) a cord running from the base to the glans of the penis; in fact, you can notice that a large percentage of people with an upward curve have also another curve, to the left or the right. So in some parts the tunica is stronger than in others, and this is not a figure of a cord, more like blocks, sectors of TA thicker than others. It is my understanding, that that is not a ‘limiting factor’, in fact you can elongate the tunica, when there is no tunica you can’t elongate anything; the ventral side of the penis, toward the center, has no tunica and it can’t grow because TA works like a skeleton for the penis. Your penis can grow were it has tunica.

The reason why I don’t like to hear to speak of a ‘cord’, are :
a) it’s very unlikely that such a relatively common thing (the cord) has never been reported in any clinical journal; I would expect to hear ‘After dissection of X penises we found that Y of them had a cord in corrispondence of the septum;

b) feeling something inside your penis, can make you imagine things that aren’t there; for example, if you stretch your penis from the tip and touch it, you can feel a number of tendons-like fibers running along the whole shaft; in old threads people often wondered what they were, supposing that there are actually tendons in the penis. But there are not.

c) it’s simply misleading. People imagining that they have this cord and they can’t gain. Well, if you think at it, if there was such a cord, those guys should gain fucking fast in girth. All the pressure putshes against the sides when erect, because the cord is limiting expansion length-wise. Have these guys who say they have the cord gained a lot of girth? No, They don’t gain neither in length either in grith, generally. So for most of those, the ‘cord’ is a false problem. It is a false problem for the newbies too: about everybody can feel this cord inside the penis I think; so about nobody should have significative length gains. But we do know this is not the case.

d) Finally, it is a false problem because the exercises that have the higher chance to give gains are the same, having the cord, or dorsal thickening or whatever, or not having it. Upward fulcrum stretches give gains to nobody. Why? Because there is no tunica on the underside of the penis. You want that your penis grows in length you have to stretch downward, period. Why? Because you have the lengthen the dorsal tunica. Be it thick or thin, strong or weak, you have to do downward stretches. Heat? That is important too for everybody. Fulcrum? That is effective for everybody, whatever curve they have or not in their penis. And so on.

Sorry for the length, I wanted to say all that by a long time.


Last edited by marinera : 02-06-2014 at .

Good point of view. Worth reading and obviously, writing.

Maybe the point d) can be misleading.

I agree that downward fulcrums are great, but most of us do it after some period of doing other manual exercises. This can help to achieve some kind of technique required to do effective fulcrums. Thinking that way, I could tell that fulcrum stretching aren’t better stretches, just we became better in technique.

Maybe this is just a common thing in both kind of people? Fulcrum stretches are good for both. I don’t know.

What I know that I have that “cord feeling”, as good as upward and slight left curve and only fulcrum stretches gave me some good gains. These facts could be connected with both Marinera’s and Tweaking’s theories, or I’m missing something?

My advise: do fulcrums. It doesn’t matter if you have up/down/left/right curve, “cord feeling” or weak hands. They work. And can give some slight girth gain. Wonder exercise?

Originally Posted by marinera
Agree. The case of curved penis suggests a strong dorsal tunica albuginea. It’s not the cord causing that, if we are imagining (as they are here) a cord running from the base to the glans of the penis; in fact, you can notice that a large percentage of people with an upward curve have also another curve, to the left or the right. So in some parts the tunica is stronger than in others, and this is not a figure of a cord, more like blocks, sectors of TA thicker than others. It is my understanding, that that is not a ‘limiting factor’, in fact you can elongate the tunica, when there is no tunica you can’t elongate anything; the ventral side of the penis, toward the center, has no tunica and it can’t grow because TA works like a skeleton for the penis. Your penis can grow were it has tunica.

Agreed.

Originally Posted by marinera
The reason why I don’t like to hear to speak of a ‘cord’, are :
a) it’s very unlikely that such a relatively common thing (the cord) has never been reported in any clinical journal; I would expect to hear ‘After dissection of X penises we found that Y of them had a cord in corrispondence of the septum;

a. As I have said many times in this thread, I am not necessarily arguing that there literally exists a ‘cord’ structure in the penis (though I’m not definitely denying it either). This is why whenever I say the word cord I always put quotes around the word, e.g. ‘cord’. Using the word cord is merely an easy way for people to understand what I’m talking about since there are so many who ‘feel’ like it is a cord. As you say a few paragraphs down, in all likelyhood the ‘cord’ is actually just a more thickened area of the tunica that appears to run mostly down the dorsal side of the penis. And yes, I would agree that it’s not necessarily in a straight line, usually veering to the left. So while it is probably not literally a cord, it simply feels like it is and is a useful analogue for people who seem to have such a structure.

Originally Posted by marinera
c) it’s simply misleading. People imagining that they have this cord and they can’t gain. Well, if you think at it, if there was such a cord, those guys should gain fucking fast in girth. All the pressure putshes against the sides when erect, because the cord is limiting expansion length-wise. Have these guys who say they have the cord gained a lot of girth? No, They don’t gain neither in length either in grith, generally. So for most of those, the ‘cord’ is a false problem. It is a false problem for the newbies too: about everybody can feel this cord inside the penis I think; so about nobody should have significative length gains. But we do know this is not the case.

c. I don’t see the logic here. Girth exercises don’t bring you to your length limiting factor anyway. We know that most men have 2 layers of tunica albuginea while some have 3 and a very few have only one. It stands to reason that men with 3 layers of tunica will have a harder time gaining in length or girth. It would suggest that people who tend to ‘feel’ as though they have the ‘cord’ are probably men who have the 3 layers of tunica; in fact it’s possible that this alone completely explains the increased difficulty gaining in length and girth for such men.

Reference: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/16338862

Originally Posted by marinera
d) Finally, it is a false problem because the exercises that have the higher chance to give gains are the same, having the cord, or dorsal thickening or whatever, or not having it. Upward fulcrum stretches give gains to nobody. Why? Because there is no tunica on the underside of the penis. You want that your penis grows in length you have to stretch downward, period. Why? Because you have the lengthen the dorsal tunica. Be it thick or thin, strong or weak, you have to do downward stretches. Heat? That is important too for everybody. Fulcrum? That is effective for everybody, whatever curve they have or not in their penis. And so on.

This is definitely true. Exercises with fulcrums and using high heats are undoubtedly the most powerful length gaining techniques for anyone. What I’ve simply tried to argue is that for people who ‘feel the cord’ and aren’t gaining anything, they should only be using the the fulcrum exercises at high heat. All my procedural posts explaining how I gained have focused on a specific technique of heating the tunica as much as possible and then applying the tension during the cooling phase. I have always believed this technique would work extremely well for people who don’t have the ‘dorsal thickening’ but that it is the ONLY technique that will yield length gains for people who DO have the ‘dorsal thickening’/cord which was my personal experience. I gained no erect length gains whatsoever for 2 years, until I started using infrared heating combined with fulcrum hanging at which point I gained length within weeks.

Originally Posted by marinera
Agree. The case of curved penis suggests a strong dorsal tunica albuginea. It’s not the cord causing that, if we are imagining (as they are here) a cord running from the base to the glans of the penis; in fact, you can notice that a large percentage of people with an upward curve have also another curve, to the left or the right. So in some parts the tunica is stronger than in others, and this is not a figure of a cord, more like blocks, sectors of TA thicker than others. It is my understanding, that that is not a ‘limiting factor’, in fact you can elongate the tunica, when there is no tunica you can’t elongate anything; the ventral side of the penis, toward the center, has no tunica and it can’t grow because TA works like a skeleton for the penis. Your penis can grow were it has tunica.

I’ve a strong downward curve and while gaining length isn’t impossible, it has been difficult. Currently extending 3 to 4 hours a day with the odd set of dynamic pumping thrown in, stretching in the shower, plenty of heat and light jelqing. I’ve seen about a 5mm growth since September (And an unintended 5mm girth), following the same downward curve.

Whether the downward curve is manifested in the same anatomical part of the tunica, I don’t know. The auto-extender website has a fulcrum and Peyronie attachment for extenders, maybe applying the fulcrum to the outside of the curve would apply more force to said part of the tunica.

Edit; going to try and wedge in a some sort of marker or thick pen.

Great, so we agree on most of things.

Originally Posted by Tweaking
….
c. I don’t see the logic here. Girth exercises don’t bring you to your length limiting factor anyway.


I’d say yes instead. Clamping, pumping and even jelqing push more blood inside your erect penis; your erect penis is your ‘limited length’, due to the cord (again supposing it is a straight and long tendon-like structure) the pressure is pulling both girthwise and lengthwise. If the lengthwise expansion is limited by the cord, only lateral expansion is possible; otherwise said, circumenferential tunica is taking all the force.

Originally Posted by Tweaking
….
We know that most men have 2 layers of tunica albuginea while some have 3 and a very few have only one. It stands to reason that men with 3 layers of tunica will have a harder time gaining in length or girth. It would suggest that people who tend to ‘feel’ as though they have the ‘cord’ are probably men who have the 3 layers of tunica; in fact it’s possible that this alone completely explains the increased difficulty gaining in length and girth for such men.


There is only one study who reported this singularity; all other research papers only speak of 2 layers. I think the said sole study who found that singularity is wrong, probably the subjects were infants and theirs tunica was still not developed. Or the researcher was drunk, or whatever. As often happens, the bad currency takes place of the good currency, expecially when it gives room to simplicistic explanations. I think the sole rational conclusion is that grown men have two layers, and that people with one or three layers are way way exceptional. One or 3 layers wouldn’t feel as a ‘cord’ neither would give to the penis a backward curve.

So, I think most of people is just imagining that they have ‘a limiting factor’, and that thought becomes a self-veryfying profecy. :)

Top

All times are GMT. The time now is 02:48 AM.