Thunder's Place

The big penis and mens' sexual health source, increasing penis size around the world.

Knowing whether you are limited by Dorsal Thickening/Septum

Has anyone bought a TDP lamp lately? Just wondering what kind of price people are paying, over here in the UK it looks like over £100 and they look pretty big- not like normal IR lamps.


-The Only Way to Lose is to Fail to Try-

01/02/2014 - NBPEL 16.5cm / BPEL 18.5cm / BPFSL 20.3cm / Girth12.5cm - 10 minute pump, 20 jelqs, 5 minute pump 20 jelqs ~2.5-3hg 1 on 2 off.

01/09/2014 - NBPEL 16.5cm / BPEL 19cm / BPFSL 20.5cm / Girth12.7cm / BPELIP 19.2cm

Man, I wish I had the patience to read all 28 pages of this thread to see if anyone has said anything decisive. I wish that the wiki were not defunct, because each thread of interest could really stand a living summary.

I definitely have the dreaded cord. My attempts to parse Grey’s Anatomy lead me to focus on this passage:

Quote
The corpora cavernosa penis are surrounded by a strong fibrous envelope consisting of superficial and deep fibers. The superficial fibers are longitudinal in direction, and form a single tube which encloses both corpora; the deep fibers are arranged circularly around each corpus, and form by their junction in the median plane the septum of the penis. This is thick and complete behind, but is imperfect in front, where it consists of a series of vertical bands arranged like the teeth of a comb; it is therefore named the septum pectiniforme.

The fibrous envelope is called the tunica albuginea and it seems that the cord can’t consist of anything but the “junction” mentioned above. The dorsal veins, arteries, and nerves are back there, too. From my experience cooking meat, I can say that blood vessels lack sufficient tensile strength to be a significant factor. I presume that nerves are likewise relatively weak.

Possibly-interesting personal observation: When I stretch out my penis and feel this cord, its thickness seems to taper off somewhat gradually on the left and rather abruptly on the right. My penis curves slightly to the left. Presumably the tunica covering the left corpus is tighter.

Regardless of the make-up, I can’t find fault in the conclusion that since it is the portion with the least elasticity, it should be targeted until other tissues in the penis feel a stretch as well. So the idea of fulcrum hanging and/or stretching seems quite important. Apart from the fact that determination generally results in some degree of success, this seems like the most important idea that I’ve learned from my reading here so far.

The way that most people describe fulcrum hanging, it sounds like the fulcrum is on the ventral side (underside) of the penis. It seems like it would be more effective to place the fulcrum on the dorsal side (top side) of the penis and apply the hanging force in an upward direction.but I can see how that’s a bit impractical.

For my entertainment, I’m going to do a bunch of (dorsal) fulcrum stretching this evening and see whether it results in a post-routine increase in BPSFL.

I believe I need to next read up on collagen and heat and stretching.

Another relevant question: Is maximum force most important (fulcrum stretching/hanging) or is force over time more important (ordinary stretching/hanging)? But then, for a fixed weight, is fulcrum hanging necessarily decreasing the force experienced by the portions of the dorsal thickening away from the fulcrum? If not, there isn’t anything that I can see to recommend against it.

You know.after just now reading this for a third time, I realized something. Most of the time, I do feel this steel cord thing where my penis is limited, and is still girthy. There has been once or twice during a jelq session where it just didn’t happen and it was stretching like a pencil though. I think it’s relevant to sexual desires at the time.cause I was doing nothing or thinking nothing sexually for awhile around the time I was jelqing.

Originally Posted by vdcdvvv
Man, I wish I had the patience to read all 28 pages of this thread to see if anyone has said anything decisive. I wish that the wiki were not defunct, because each thread of interest could really stand a living summary.

I definitely have the dreaded cord. My attempts to parse Grey’s Anatomy lead me to focus on this passage:

The fibrous envelope is called the tunica albuginea and it seems that the cord can’t consist of anything but the “junction” mentioned above. The dorsal veins, arteries, and nerves are back there, too. From my experience cooking meat, I can say that blood vessels lack sufficient tensile strength to be a significant factor. I presume that nerves are likewise relatively weak.

Possibly-interesting personal observation: When I stretch out my penis and feel this cord, its thickness seems to taper off somewhat gradually on the left and rather abruptly on the right. My penis curves slightly to the left. Presumably the tunica covering the left corpus is tighter.

Regardless of the make-up, I can’t find fault in the conclusion that since it is the portion with the least elasticity, it should be targeted until other tissues in the penis feel a stretch as well. So the idea of fulcrum hanging and/or stretching seems quite important. Apart from the fact that determination generally results in some degree of success, this seems like the most important idea that I’ve learned from my reading here so far.

The way that most people describe fulcrum hanging, it sounds like the fulcrum is on the ventral side (underside) of the penis. It seems like it would be more effective to place the fulcrum on the dorsal side (top side) of the penis and apply the hanging force in an upward direction.but I can see how that’s a bit impractical.

For my entertainment, I’m going to do a bunch of (dorsal) fulcrum stretching this evening and see whether it results in a post-routine increase in BPSFL.

I believe I need to next read up on collagen and heat and stretching.

I think, buried somewhere in the first 20 or so pages of this thread there are links to collagen/heat extension experiments, but they might be elsewhere. All I can remember is that somewhere on the forum I once found such fabled links. Perhaps on Google. Anyway, and I’ve definitely said this multiple times in the thread; basically you want to heat up the tissue as much as possible, then elongate the tissue via force/tension while still very hot, then allow the tissue to completely cool while still applying the force. The study I’m thinking of demonstrated that collagen may actually re-structure itself during this cooling under tension phase, resulting in, effectively, instant elongation. In practice it is very difficult to achieve the kind of temperature the study was using, which I think was 42 - 45 degrees C. But that is why I’ve spent so much time telling everyone to get a TDP mineral infrared mineral lamp…

I agree that it makes more sense to do dorsal fulcrum hanging, but that practically it’s almost impossible. However I have found a simple compromise. If I want to hit the dorsal side, I simply rotate my penis 180 degrees, like a sort of half-bundled stretch, then apply the fulcrum to the dorsal side which has been twisted to rest directly on the fulcrum. You can do this just about all the way along the shaft by changing the position where you focus the rotation. I think the twisting of the cord in itself may be helpful in weakening the cord’s absurd toughness.

If you place the lever on the dorsal side (dorsal fulcrum hanging) you are elongating more the ventral side than the dorsal. There isn’t much tunica to elongate on the ventral side.

Originally Posted by Tweaking
The study I’m thinking of demonstrated that collagen may actually re-structure itself during this cooling under tension phase, resulting in, effectively, instant elongation. In practice it is very difficult to achieve the kind of temperature the study was using, which I think was 42 - 45 degrees C.

Wow. I still haven’t gotten around to digging up/through such literature, but I ought to. I do a fair bit of low-temperature cooking. In the cooking literature, one reads that at about 70C, collagen begins to denature (break down) into gelatin. Experience with long-duration, low-temperature cooking tells me that it begins to break down at a lower temperature, but below ~70C, the rate is very low. It’s a little bit scary to think that this is what we’re trying to get to happen but indeed that would seem to be what we’re seeking.

Originally Posted by Tweaking
But that is why I’ve spent so much time telling everyone to get a TDP mineral infrared mineral lamp

Have you attempted to measure the impact of heat on your progress? Is it like night and day? Or is your admonition based primarily on principle? Also, why a TDP lamp (the difference between it and an ordinary far-infrared heat lamp being the presence of some mineral-covered plate)? I didn’t know about TDP lamps before now but what I just read makes it sound like the heat is doing all the work and the proprietary gonzo plate is taking all the credit.

Originally Posted by Tweaking
However I have found a simple compromise. If I want to hit the dorsal side, I simply rotate my penis 180 degrees, like a sort of half-bundled stretch, then apply the fulcrum to the dorsal side which has been twisted to rest directly on the fulcrum.

Indeed! I just realized this myself today.

Originally Posted by marinera
If you place the lever on the dorsal side (dorsal fulcrum hanging) you are elongating more the ventral side than the dorsal. There isn’t much tunica to elongate on the ventral side.

I believe that I see your line of reasoning: outer diameter > inner diameter. But with the fulcrum stretch, are we not concerned with achieving a relatively small inside diameter for the sake of concentrating the force around the fulcrum point? I also feel like the dorsal side is better suited because it seems less than ideal to smash the stuff underneath the cord while doing fulcrum stretches. Then again, I smash the same stuff in a different plane every time I attach the Bib.

A relatively small diameter placed in the ventral side should work better than? Be aware that very high force (and a mild force concentrated on a very small area can become a very high force) could be counterproductive, strengthening the area instead than elongating it. Your penis is living tissue, not a piece of metal.

A TDP lamp because I’ve only ever gained length while using one. Do a little research and you’ll realize they have the best capacity to penetrate human flesh and get the heat deeper than any other radiation-type source I’ve found.

Marinera, I think your line of reasoning suggests that we’re still working on the tunica as a whole. The fact is we’re not. The tunica overall is irreverent to this discussion so whether it’s thinner or the ventral side doesn’t matter, since all the stress is going to be on the dorsal side, where the cord is. And with that in mind I don’t see how a fulcrum directly to the dorsal side wouldn’t be better than the ventral side. On the ventral side, I imagine, the rest of the tunica would basically act as a ‘pillow’ between the fulcrum and cord.

Originally Posted by Tweaking
A TDP lamp because I’ve only ever gained length while using one. Do a little research and you’ll realize they have the best capacity to penetrate human flesh and get the heat deeper than any other radiation-type source I’ve found.

Arrite. Perhaps I’ll give it a shot. I’m not sure, though, how I am going to explain its presence to those who ask. Maybe I’ll tell them it’s to keep my feet warm.

Originally Posted by Tweaking
And with that in mind I don’t see how a fulcrum directly to the dorsal side wouldn’t be better than the ventral side. On the ventral side, I imagine, the rest of the tunica would basically act as a ‘pillow’ between the fulcrum and cord.

What I have inadvertently found while trying to scoot back in my chair while the weight (and my penis) is draped over the side (ie, said side acting as fulcrum of sorts) is that because the cord is what’s supporting the weight and it sitting on top of a more or less round bunch of other stuff, its unstable and prone to fall left or right, pushing the softer bits under it off to the opposite side. So for me anyhow this is sort of moot.

As for the stress strengthening the cord instead of elongating it, Marinara, you may be right. But you may be wrong, too. Who can say? Lacking research data all we can do is screw around and hope, basically.

Research data and anecdotal evidence actually suggests that high forces do nothing else than strengthening connective tissue very fast. I also find the idea of pushing on the imaginary cord (that noo ne has confirmed actually exists, otherwise penis enlargement surgery could be performed just cutting this cord) in the hope of kinda breaking it, instead than elongating it using the fulcrum in the way it makes more sense geometrically, very strange.

Maybe it’s just me but I see some really confused thoughts in this thread, maybe this is the reason why after 1 year and half it isn’t going anywhere. People gets convinced they have ‘this cord’ and don’t gain anymore, wasting their times toying with their fantasy instead than doing the plain work that has given results to most of people.

Originally Posted by Tweaking
……
Marinera, I think your line of reasoning suggests that we’re still working on the tunica as a whole. The fact is we’re not. The tunica overall is irreverent to this discussion so whether it’s thinner or the ventral side doesn’t matter, since all the stress is going to be on the dorsal side, where the cord is. And with that in mind I don’t see how a fulcrum directly to the dorsal side wouldn’t be better than the ventral side. On the ventral side, I imagine, the rest of the tunica would basically act as a ‘pillow’ between the fulcrum and cord.


I suppose you meant to say ‘irrelevant’ instead than ‘irreverent’, or my translator is junk. Anyway, placing the lever (the fulcrum is the whole machine, the lever is what makes the fulcrum work) on the dorsal side, will put the foremost stress on the ventral side, wheter is covered by the tunica or not. It is very basic physics.


Last edited by marinera : 04-26-2012 at .

Originally Posted by marinera
…..placing the lever (the fulcrum is the whole machine, the lever is what makes the fulcrum work) on the dorsal side, will put the foremost stress on the ventral side, wheter is covered by the tunica or not. It is very basic physics.


Sorry, the other way around, lever is the machine, fulcrum what makes it work.

http://www.school-for-champions.com…hines_lever.htm

The rest wil remain the same, lol.

Originally Posted by marinera
I also find the idea of pushing on the imaginary cord (that noo ne has confirmed actually exists, otherwise penis enlargement surgery could be performed just cutting this cord) in the hope of kinda breaking it, instead than elongating it using the fulcrum in the way it makes more sense geometrically, very strange.

No one who has this and understands anything about what it is wants to break it. It’s the junction of three parts of the tunica. Thus, penis enlargement surgery cannot be accomplished this way because the tunica has important work to do in the proper functioning of the penis.

The impetus for thinking about this or focusing on it is that it is clearly the thing that prevents one from further elongating the penis when it is stretched out (for those of us who have this thickening). Whether that means that growth is best obtained by stretching it is, of course, not implied by the fact that it is what limits the stretch, but it’s hard not to wonder.for me, at least.

Quote
Maybe it’s just me but I see some really confused thoughts in this thread, maybe this is the reason why after 1 year and half it isn’t going anywhere. People gets convinced they have ‘this cord’ and don’t gain anymore, wasting their times toying with their fantasy instead than doing the plain work that has given results to most of people.

I can’t speak for others but I certainly don’t think that paying mind to a theory about the weakest link means that I have to do less work to see results. But I’m not entirely clear on what you’re saying. Are you implying that you don’t believe that hanging is effective?

Originally Posted by marinera
I also find the idea of pushing on the imaginary cord (that noo ne has confirmed actually exists, otherwise penis enlargement surgery could be performed just cutting this cord

Buck’s fascia.

Originally Posted by vdcdvvv
No one who has this and understands anything about what it is wants to break it. It’s the junction of three parts of the tunica. …….

http://flylib.com/books/en/2.953.1.44/1/

Look at fig. Figure 38.21 :
“Cross section of the penis illustrating both corpora cavernosa ( CC ), each surrounded by the tunica albuginea ( TA ); they form the septum of the penis by their junction in the median plane.
A shallow groove that marks their junction on the upper surfaces lodges the deep dorsal vein of the penis ( DV )

The septum is not ‘a cord’. The cord you are feeling, according to the above description, is the dorsal vein. You are imagining that it is your limiting factor.

Look here too:
http://www.anatomyatlases.org/Micro…late14277.shtml
and note: “..the pectinate septum, which is thickest and most complete near the root of the penis.” Everybody who speaks about this cord says the adverse: that is most noticeable near the glans. This confirms that they mistaken the septum with the dorsal vein.

Beside that, being the septum simply the place where the CC are fused, what directly pushing on it with a thin object should accomplish? That doesn’t make any sense.

Top

All times are GMT. The time now is 09:15 PM.