Jelqing & Stretching 101
While Jelqing may seem like a simple technique, you may find that you’re not comfortable performing it until you have had a couple of weeks of practice.
Things you should know and expect:
* Do not perform any PE exercise without warming up first.
* Unless you’re performing a dry jelq, use lubricant when jelqing. Do not use any kind of soap. Lotion, baby oil, Vaseline, and cocoa butter are all good products that are popular for jelqing.
* A jelq should be performed on a semi erect penis, but not a fully erect penis until you have gained a great deal of experience and you feel that your progress has gotten to the level that an erect jelq is something your penis can withstand. Do not continue with an erect jelqing session if it seems exceedingly strenuous on your penis.
* Making your penis bigger takes time. I cannot express the importance of being patient. Don’t become too eager, you’ll only be disappointed. A bigger penis is worth however long it takes you to get it—you’ve lasted this long with what you have now, what’s another five, six, seven months—another year or two or three?
* You may get red spots or find that you have the Doughnut Effect at the base of your glans. Please see the PE Jargon thread to learn what red dots and the Doughnut Effect are.
* After a nice jelqing session, your penis will probably look thicker and longer than normal. This can be a boost for the ego and encouraging for your PE experience, but realize that this impressive side effect will subside and your penis may actually shrivel, not unlike when you get into a cold pool. It’s perfectly normal and nothing to cause alarm.
* You may find it difficult to jelq without becoming aroused or ejaculating. Practice will help you overcome this common beginner-affliction. In the meantime, you may want to try dry jelqing, described below. One useful way of resisting full erections is to squeeze (don’t hurt yourself) your penis to deter the erection.
I. Hand Positioning
There are two common ways of holding the penis while performing a jelq.
1. O Grasp Make an O around the base of your penis with your thumb and index finger.
2. Pincher Grasp Using your thumb and index finger, place the thumb on the bottom of your penis and your index on the top of your penis. Your thumb and index finger should make a line that is, for the most part, horizontal Also, some people prefer to perform this style of grasping with the palm facing the top of the penile shaft. Your thumb and index finger should be pointing down (vertical). Performed this way, your thumb and index should be positioned as if you are reaching for some small item, such as a grape.
**Note: I find that using both hand positions mentioned above are the most effective. Starting with the “pincher” grasp is useful to get blood into your penis so that it is semi erect. Once the penis is thoroughly filled with blood, 50%-80% erect, I switch to the O grasp and continue with my session.
II. Jelqing In Action
After you have your hand positioned and your penis grasped, stroke toward your glans, allowing it to terminate at the glans. Do not proceed beyond the rim of your glans with your stroke.
Now that you have an idea of what a jelq is and how to perform one, you need to learn what a jelqing session actually is. Jelqing requires both hands, unless you only have one, to have maximum results. With the end of each stroke, you begin a new one with the other hand. Alternate each hand as you stroke. You’ll most likely realize that jelqing can be a tiresome activity; however, you’ll also condition your arms to be able to survive long PE sessions. Unless you have a coat of fat over your arms, I suspect you’ll notice an increased muscularity with your arms.
B. Dry Jelq
Dry jelqing can be useful if you find lubricated jelqing to be too annoying or if you can’t train yourself to keep from turning your PE session into a masturbation session.
I. Performing Dry Jelqs
A Dry Jelq is very much the same as a regular jelq; though, you do not allow your fingers to slide over the skin during a dry jelq. When performing a dry jelq, the area of skin that your fingers are making contact with should remain in contact throughout the whole movement. If you become completely erect, you may find that the skin around your penis will be too tight to allow you to perform a dry jelq. Wait until the swelling subsides so that you may continue. If you are an experienced PEer, you may have loosened skin on your penis that will allow you to perform a dry jelq while completely erect. If you opt to do so, listen to your penis. If it feels as though the stress being placed upon your penis is too great or is painful, discontinue.
II. Benefits of Dry Jelqing
Dry jelqing has some added benefits that wet, or regular jelqing does not have. Dry jelqing is cleaner. Also, dry jelqing can be done secretly in places that a regular jelq session cannot take place. For example, you can perform dry jelqs while lying in bed—no need to hide in the bathroom and causing suspicion. It is possible to perform dry jelqs in bed without waking up anyone with you whom you share your bed, I’ve done it many times. You’ll quickly realize that PE takes up a great deal of time; some people like to divide this time up throughout the day. One way would be to utilize the dry jelq in bed.
III. Detriments of Dry Jelqing
It has been my experience that dry jelqing does have one drawback. It seems that dry jelqing is more likely to cause the doughnut effect. Practice makes perfect, and careful jelqing should suffice to keep this from happening.
C. Frequency & Length of Jelq Sessions
200-300 strokes a day at medium strength (strength referring to the tightness of the grip you have on your penis) for the first week.
300-500 strokes a day at medium-full strength for the second week.
500 or more, (as per your personal routine)[/b] strokes a day.
*The number of days per week that you choose to practice PE is up to you, but it is highly recommended that you take at least two days a week off for the first month.
Things to know and expect:
* Manual stretching can cause red dots.
* After several weeks or months of stretching it is likely that lig pops will begin to occur.
* Stretching can be aided by using a powder, such as baby powder; certain types of gloves, such as rubber gloves, or snug fitting golfing gloves; a thing wrapping of some kind of cloth, such as a section cut from a t-shirt or a baby sock with the toe-end cut off. However, stretching can also be performed without any aiding material.
* When stretching, one’s LOT should be considered when deciding at which angle to stretch. (See: Bib’s Lot Theory)
* As with all PE exercises, soreness will most likely be experienced at some point.
* Always pull the skin back from the glans as much as possible, especially if uncircumcised. This will allow the penile tissue to be the main recipient of the stretch, rather than the skin around the penis.
* Given the numerous angles possible with stretching, the tension may be felt in various areas of the penis using various angles.
* It is recommended that all stretching be performed while totally flaccid.
A. Stretching Basics
1. Gripping the penis in a comfortable and efficient way is very important. This may be something that will require practice and variation to find the most suitable gripping method.
* The penis should be grasped at last half an inch behind the glans, preferably an inch, with all loose skin and foreskin pulled back.
* Gripping can be done using an O Grip, Pincher Grip, or squeezing the shaft of the penis using the whole hand.
* Try several different gripping methods, and try using gripping aids, such as baby powder or rubber gloves to find the most efficient way of gripping.
2. Simple Stretching: The penis can be stretched at any given angle; however, one’s LOT should be considered for optimum results. Having the penis grasped securely, pull it away from the body at the desired angle. Pull hard enough to feel a very strong stretch, but do not cause pain. If pain is felt, use less pulling force. Each pull should last at least 30 seconds and no more than 60 seconds. This is to help prevent red spots, and encourage continued blood flow to the glans as the session proceeds.
B. Other Stretching Techniques
Creative men have thought up several ways of enhancing the stretching experience.
Fowfer: A fowfer stretch is accomplished by pulling the penis through the legs and either between the buttocks or under one, and then sitting on the penis. When done properly, an intense and painless stretch should be felt.
Bundles: A bundle stretch is performed by twisting one full turn in either a clockwise or counterclockwise direction. More experienced PEers may find that doing more than one full turn is comfortably possible, but it is highly recommended that only one twist is used. With the penis twisted, the tissue within the penis becomes tighter, and a more intense stretch is accomplished. It should also be noted that a bundle stretch is primarily a tunica stretch, and does less for the ligs. If one’s LOT is high, a straight down bundle stretch would stretch the tunica and also give a good pull on the ligaments. Bundle stretching can be coupled with V-Stretches. It should also be noted that bundles stretches should be done with both counterclockwise and clockwise twists. That is, a session including bundle stretching should give equal time to the penis being twisted in both directions.
V-Stretch: A V-Stretch is performed by grasping the penis with one hand, and using a finger, thumb, stick, pole, or any smooth stick-like device to press against the penis in a manner that will cause the stretched penis to make a rudimentary V shape. The pressure can be applied on other side, top, or bottom of the penis.
* Stretching is a great supplement to any PE routine. Throughout the day, one can easily sneak a few sturdy pulls on the penis while using the restroom or sneaking a quick break while no one else is around. It is also easily performed while in bed at night.
Beginning PEers should include at least 10-15 minutes of stretching with their PE session. The time dedicated to stretching should increase weekly. Most do not use stretching alone, but many use stretching and jelqing only to increase the size of their penises.
"Only enemies speak the truth; friends and lovers lie endlessly, caught in the web of duty". -Roland, in Stephen King's The Last Gunslinger