Thunder's Place

The big penis and mens' sexual health source, increasing penis size around the world.

is PC a skeletal muscle?

is PC a skeletal muscle?

i was wondering the PC muscle was a skeletal muscle because that would affect the way you work it. it seems to me like it acts similar to breathing, as though you don’t think about it, but you can also control it, hence its not involuntary. the basis of this question is to know if you need rest for the PC muscle to grow in strength among other things. skeletal muscles are known to be more easily exhausted as where involuntary muscles are not.

Yes, it is skeletal muscle (the other two types are smooth and cardiac).

Voluntary and involuntary movement are both present and are controlled by the brain and nerve centers near the spinal cord. It is like your diaphragm, which moves by itself most of the time, but can be made to move consciously (with a deep breath).

Quote
Originally posted by westla90069
Yes, it is skeletal muscle (the other two types are smooth and cardiac).

Voluntary and involuntary movement are both present and are controlled by the brain and nerve centers near the spinal cord. It is like your diaphragm, which moves by itself most of the time, but can be made to move consciously (with a deep breath).

I wish I had half your brains


Link to the DLD Blasters Soon to be Triple

Which is why, I would suppose, a reverse kegel is a deliberate attempt to make the PC muscle relax. We view it as a ‘push’ move when in reality it is merely making the PC totally relax and release it’s normal involuntary tension. Via a voluntary exertion on our part.

Unless I’ve got this whole thing wrong.

-BH

Quote
Originally posted by BusterHymes
Which is why, I would suppose, a reverse kegel is a deliberate attempt to make the PC muscle relax. We view it as a 'push' move when in reality it is merely making the PC totally relax and release it's normal involuntary tension. Via a voluntary exertion on our part.

Unless I've got this whole thing wrong.

-BH

Yes, the reverse Kegel is a voluntary attempt at relaxation. However, the PC isn’t normally contracted, so you don’t have to fight a normal tension. What you’re trying to do is prevent a reflex contraction caused by a tug on the penis. That’s why DLD recommends the 100 Kegels as a fatiguing maneuver before doing the Blasters.

I think we’re getting closer to posting the anatomy/erection/ejaculation thing where this will be discussed.

DLD - Thanks. I was trying to think of something clever to say about having half your penis, but… nevermind. :)

If the PC is a skeletal muscle, will exercising it cause it to grow in size?

dumore6

Well if you exercised your biceps by just squeezing them, they wouldn’t get much bigger, but stronger (like isometrics)

as previously stated, the pc muscle is a skeletal muscle. And, as eloquently pointed whether it is voluntary or involuntary depends upon the innervation going to that muscle. Just as we can control our breathing, we also can control our pc muscle. The last link on the page says something about isometric contractions. I have some experience working with this when weight lifting. power lifters use this tye of traing for their muscles in order to overcome sticking points in their range of motion. It can lead to growth, but more importantly it is use to increase the amount of nerve bundles that can be fired at a specific point in a contrction and from that the number of muscle fibers recruited at a certain point can be increased. The point of this is that the strength of the pc will be increased by performing these exercises, and this after a while the 100 kegels performed in order to exhaust the muscle will no longer be adequate over time.

just a thought.

Quote
Originally posted by ropegroper

The last link on the page says something about isometric contractions. I have some experience working with this when weight lifting. power lifters use this tye of traing for their muscles in order to overcome sticking points in their range of motion. It can lead to growth, but more importantly it is use to increase the amount of nerve bundles that can be fired at a specific point in a contrction and from that the number of muscle fibers recruited at a certain point can be increased.

Not directly related to the main topic this thread, but do you know where I can find more information on this? I’ve been recently working on sticking points in my lifts. Thanks.

Westla, absolutely, can I have the other half of your brain?????


Start 2/1/03 FBP: L: 3.25", G:3.00" EBP: L: 5.85", G:4.25" 7/7/03 FBP: L: 5.50", G:5.25" EBP: L: 7.00", G:5.25"

Top
Similar Threads 
ThreadStarterForumRepliesLast Post
Free PC (or kegel) muscle exercise programjimbeauxPenis Enlargement Basics009-29-2009 06:29 PM
PC muscle gets visible?TheContinentalMen's Sexual Health1306-26-2009 09:17 PM
PC muscle as a metronomeVaiablePenis Enlargement201-08-2008 03:32 PM
Losing strength of PC muscle after doing low-rise stretchaskme1Penis Enlargement Basics105-16-2006 11:27 PM
Working the PC MusclekkevinjMen's Sexual Health008-24-2003 06:36 PM

All times are GMT. The time now is 08:21 PM.