Is mine too small?
Nothing like a “gotcha” title, eh?
Actually I’m referring to my.
In my mind, brevity is king (gratuitous note: this goes back to a letter I received from E. B. White as a student; awesome!), so my main goal has been to provide the most concise overview and instruction possible, and deliver it in a friendly and readable way, pointing the way for further exploration/info, including people who need/want someone else to tell them to do this so many times, and that so many times, so many times a day.
I’ve been so immersed in learning responsive web design (making it mobile-friendly), creating graphics, reviewing stuff I’ve put online for the last umpteen years (thanks, Thunder, for saving all that crap ;-), editing and editing some more, that I almost feel at this point that I can’t see the forest for the trees. I certainly can’t look at it through someone else’s eyes.
So I’d like to ask the community here (this means you, but “community” has a warm and fuzzy feel) to take a few minutes to view it with a critical eye:
• Is it too short? Overly simplistic?
• If so, what questions does it raise for you that remain unanswered?
• Do you feel you need more guidance than I provide?
• If you were (or are) a newbie, what feeling do you take from it?
• Does is have any unnecessary/random content? (Hands off David and Nureyev; I freaking love that image despite its patent gratuitousness, and it will remain there until I get tired of it.)
• (Enough about me. What do you think of my David and Nureyev image?)
• Does the site contain inaccurate or misleading content? (Pumper bait ;-)
• I’ve always considered addressing emotional issues important (“Know thyself”); is that too much or not enough?
• Is the “Other guy stuff” of any value to you?
• I used to have “My story.” Does elaborating my background story (as in the past) add anything to the site and your experience of it?
• From what you see, is there an area you’d like me to explore further?
I don’t want you to be an expert, just yourself; very much appreciate your honest feelings (and expertise if you are indeed an expert).
P.S. — Credit for the inspiration to revamp the site goes entirely to Memento, who turns out to be a crazy-competent computer dude and the architect of a lot of this site’s functionality.
<jk>And I thought guys that pull on their dicks were all, like, ya know.</jk>