Thunder's Place

The big penis and mens' sexual health source, increasing penis size around the world.

Importance of rest days

Marinera, You have to consider who is giving advice on this forum and not listen to newbies. You need rest days to repair the micro tears and grow before you start the cycle over again, if you don’t then its counter productive to your growth.

Originally Posted by lostracco
When stretching connective tissues using methods like hanging and manual stretching, rest days are counter-productive. Any time not under tension is counter-productive. Results can be achieved with rest but optimally the tissues would always be under tension. Issues like time, privacy, pain, and life outside of PE are obviously factors that trump the tension card.

PE methods like jelqing clamping and pumping are different.

~L

I did a routine where I had my penis extended 24/7 with a vacuum hanger and ADS. My penis was extremely fatigued for at least a month after stopping. Basically, I wouldn’t recommend more than 8 hours of extension a day.

^ Depending on your routine and stance on healing.

I knew I should have been ready to back that one up. It took me an hour to find this:

Originally Posted by sparkyx:
I’m coming in late here, but I’d like to comment. As the author of the PI approach, I must say that I often state that in hanging, I like Monty’s approach. I really don’t know how much PI approach directly applies to hanging.

I’m not a hanging expert, but it seems to me that the PI approach may not really translate over to hanging all that well. It seems to me that hanging is directly addressing connective tissue, all by itself. If thats the case, the PI approach may not apply. I think the PI approach really is addressing smooth muscle reaction during PE and its effect on gains.

It strike me that if you hang, to stretch or effect the connective tissue, then use ADS to control contraction due to smooth muscle insult, you will be using a completely different set of guidelines.

If that is correct, it probably IS counter productive to take any time off, that constant ADS between heavier stress is probably more effective than time off where smooth muscle could contract and hold the micro tears in a contracted state, allowing gains to be lost and even become shorter than before.

The only way I see time off being productive is if you hold it in an extended state with ADS until healing is done, then time off as a decon to reset on a cellular level.

I’m not a scientist and can not explain it on that level.. but I would quote a) those leg extender things that keep a limb under constant tension to grow it b) those guys with 1 inch holes in their ears

They didn’t get them that way by pulling on it for 10 minutes every other week.

And.. I’d say that most of the guys who gained big from hanging did it a LOT.

Like I said.. gains can be achieved with time off.. but it’s not optimal.

~L


"HALT! This is a no-turtle zone."

5/14/09 - BPEL 7.0" BPFSL 8.25" EG 4.5"

1/1/10 - BPEL 7.5" BPFSL 9.0" EG 5.0" - GOAL

What’s your believing, it’s clear, lostracco, but I don’t see that believing supported by any kind of proof.

“Those leg extender that keep a limb under constant tension” :

1) are applying a minimal tension, like penis-extenders/ADS/stretchers;
2) are applyed on broken legs, if bone-lenghtening is what you are referring to.

Ears tissues are completely different from penis-tissues; however, this guys whit freaks ears-holes don't have freaks ears:they can stretch ears a lot, that’s all.

Did you see that post from sparky? I don’t know if you’re going to get much more proof than that around here.

I’d say just look at the hanging gainers routines. They either hung a lot or hung moderately and kept it extended with an ADS.

I’ve personally gained over an inch like that, still gaining.

In addition to that, I’ve never heard even a sound theory on why rest days would be EFFECTIVE in a stretching/hanging routine.

I’m aware of the difference in the kinds of tissues. It was a for-example.

~L


"HALT! This is a no-turtle zone."

5/14/09 - BPEL 7.0" BPFSL 8.25" EG 4.5"

1/1/10 - BPEL 7.5" BPFSL 9.0" EG 5.0" - GOAL

Originally Posted by marinera
So, if these fibers don’t grow, how do your penis become longer? Are you saying that your approach is wrong?


I explained how I believe my penis becomes longer in my previous post. There have been so many journal articles on the topic of plastic deformation of collagenous tissue discussed on this site over the years that I find it hard to believe that you do not understand what I’m talking about. Correct me if I’m wrong but it seems to me that those who tout the importance of rest days are simply attempting to correlate body building techniques to PE. Funny, I’ve never seen one journal article that applies body building techniques to the elongation of collagenous tissue or skin expansion for that matter. .

Originally Posted by MagnumXXL01
Marinera, You have to consider who is giving advice on this forum and not listen to newbies. You need rest days to repair the micro tears and grow before you start the cycle over again, if you don’t then its counter productive to your growth.


That’s funny, I’ve often felt that my routine was based on theories that were ‘old school’ and the ‘it grows during rest days’ crowd were dabbling in “cutting edge theories’ ;)

Originally Posted by marinera
What’s your believing, it’s clear, lostracco, but I don’t see that believing supported by any kind of proof.


I find it a little hypocritical that you demand proof from Lostracco when you haven’t backed up your position about rest days with any proof either. In fact, I think you both would be hard pressed, considering the fact that there is no exact science on enlarging ones penis and the best we can do in regards to intellectual honesty is to share our personal experience. I know that in the past you have chastised me for not giving advice based on commonly held beliefs in this forum. I’m terribly sorry but I’ve found them to be entirely ineffective and would never suggest them. Tell me, how effective has monitoring your PI’s, taking regular rest days and decon-breaks been for you? Have you been able to push beyond newbie gains? Have you even experienced newbie gains? Please share.


Then (4.5 nbpel x 4.75 mseg)

Now (5.625 nbpel, x 5.25 mseg)

Most of my PE time is currently spent on hanging. Maybe an average of an hour per day focusing primarily on btc. My growth spurts (both length and width) almost always occur when I take time off, and the amount of growth seems to depend on the amount of hanging I did during the period leading up to the short break.

Even when I break I still just do a light stretch for a couple seconds a few times each day to keep it limber.

I don’t know how much of my experience is just psychological. I’m not too scientific about it, I just continue patterns as long as they result in gains.

Originally Posted by lostracco
Did you see that post from sparky? I don’t know if you’re going to get much more proof than that around here.

I respect a lot Sparkyx, but I’m not taking everything he says as the Holy Truth.
Sparkyx himself has always pointed out he is not an authority or such on the hanging subject.

That said, what Sparkyx posted is totally different from what we are speaking of. The topic of this thread is: if you are doing stretching/jelquing/hanging/clamping, should you do it 7/7? Using an extender is not hard work like hanging/jelquing/stretching/clamping

Originally Posted by lostracco

I’d say just look at the hanging gainers routines.

Yes, but I’m asking for proofs of this fact: do the guru of the “No rest days” thinking-school have better results than others? I would accept as proof some good pics before-after.When we’ll have about 100 of this proofs, we could compare them with documented gains had by the prophets (no offense intended) of the “Rest days are good” believing.

Originally Posted by lostracco

They either hung a lot or hung moderately and kept it extended with an ADS.

As said, nothing wrong in wearing an ADS after hanging. What I’m saying is: rest days from hanging will not slow your gains and will reduce the chances of injuries.There is some difference between very light work and hard work, so ADS stress is different from hanging stress.

Originally Posted by lostracco

I’ve personally gained over an inch like that, still gaining.

You lucky, post your pics.

Originally Posted by lostracco

In addition to that, I’ve never heard even a sound theory on why rest days would be EFFECTIVE in a stretching/hanging routine.

Here you are: tissue heals (so grows) when adequate rest is allowed. Is this a sound theory?
On the other hand: are you hanging while sleeping? You know, resting will make your tunica stronger :) . This seem a contradiction in the theory we are speaking of.


Last edited by marinera : 05-16-2008 at .

Originally Posted by Dick Builder
I explained how I believe my penis becomes longer in my previous post.

And I have explained why this believing seems not logical.

Originally Posted by Dick Builder
There have been so many journal articles on the topic of plastic deformation of collagenous tissue discussed on this site over the years that I find it hard to believe that you do not understand what I’m talking about.

Link the articles you are speaking of; maybe I haven’t understood what is written there, maybe you are the one that has not understood (or neither read) them.

Originally Posted by Dick Builder

Correct me if I’m wrong but it seems to me that those who tout the importance of rest days are simply attempting to correlate body building techniques to PE. Funny, I’ve never seen one journal article that applies body building techniques to the elongation of collagenous tissue or skin expansion for that matter. .

Those who advice the importance of rest days have more PE experience than you have, likely. Basing both on their experience and on common sense they are saying : if you cause tears (even micro-tears) and you don’t give to your body time for repair them, the tears will remain there. If you add new tears, you’ll end with an injury. Pretty simple.

Originally Posted by Dick Builder

I find it a little hypocritical that you demand proof from Lostracco when you haven’t backed up your position about rest days with any proof either.

I have: gains made by the newbie routine (there are pics-proofs of those here, agree?). Since the newbie routine is based on rest-days, the rest-days approach has proofs in his favor; the adverse, not so convincingly.

Originally Posted by Dick Builder

In fact, I think you both would be hard pressed, considering the fact that there is no exact science on enlarging ones penis and the best we can do in regards to intellectual honesty is to share our personal experience.

You are not sharing your experience, Dick Builder, you’re dictating an unsupported theory like it were a certain thing; and when someone ask proofs, you come answering (but not really answering) with sardonic/irrespective tone.

Originally Posted by Dick Builder

I know that in the past you have chastised me for not giving advice based on commonly held beliefs in this forum.

ME? Are you saying there is not freedom of speech, on this forum? Can you really say such a thing?

Originally Posted by Dick Builder

I’m terribly sorry but I’ve found them to be entirely ineffective and would never suggest them. Tell me, how effective has monitoring your PI’s, taking regular rest days and decon-breaks been for you? Have you been able to push beyond newbie gains? Have you even experienced newbie gains? Please share.

Yes to both asks. I posted about, here:

Marinera’s Hanger.

Help! Explain This, Please!

and elsewhere - do a search, if you are interested.

So, you jumped in this theory of the “No rest-days” because you had no gains with the newbie routine? That’s all you have to support your advices?


Last edited by marinera : 05-16-2008 at .

Originally Posted by marinera
Those who advice the importance of rest days have more PE experience than you


Are you sure about that? I began my quest for a larger penis over a decade ago. I don’t think you have any clue as to my experience. I was hanging with a noose back before Bib began posting instructions for homemade hangers on the PE forums. I can’t think of another man that has contributed more to the art of hanging than Bib. And, if he feels that rest days are counterproductive (and he does) then I’m in good company.

Originally Posted by marinera
I have: gains made by the newbie routine (there are pics-proofs of those here, agree?). Since the newbie routine is based on rest-days, the rest-days approach as proof in his favor; the adverse, not so convincingly.


So, you made gains with the newbie routine, that’s great, so did I. However, the newbie routine I followed was advocated by DLD and didn’t include rest days. In fact, I often performed it twice a day. Here’s an example of another man that has contributed an enormous amount to the art of PE and doesn’t advocate rest days.

Originally Posted by marinera
ME? Are you saying there is not freedom of speech, on this forum? Can you really say such a thing?


My point was that I’ve often felt that you and others seem to have some emotional attachment to theories such as rest days and monitoring PI’s, as if they’re the Holy Grail to PE. You’ve even eluded, in this very thread, that not taking rest days could lead to injury. I see such rigid adherence to these guidelines as counterproductive to an open forum, which leads to confusion and failures with those new to PE. Why? Because they are now afraid to increase the intensity to a level necessary to achieve gains, for fear of injury, and never get to experience a bigger dick. It’s sad.


Then (4.5 nbpel x 4.75 mseg)

Now (5.625 nbpel, x 5.25 mseg)

I thought I read somewhere that Bib rested on every weekend and even said that he often looked forward to the break after a long week of hanging, did he not rest on weekends?

Originally Posted by wayoflife99
I thought I read somewhere that Bib rested on every weekend and even said that he often looked forward to the break after a long week of hanging, did he not rest on weekends?

I hope rest days aren’t counter-productive. I too look forward to having people over or going out now and then. ;)


:monty: Don\'t forget your KEGELS! :monty:

Originally Posted by Dick Builder
Are you sure about that? I began my quest for a larger penis over a decade ago. I don’t think you have any clue as to my experience.

Man, you asked about my experience and my success with newbie routine; if you don’t like the answer, avoid the ask.

Originally Posted by Dick Builder

I was hanging with a noose back before Bib began posting instructions for homemade hangers on the PE forums. I can’t think of another man that has contributed more to the art of hanging than Bib. And, if he feels that rest days are counterproductive (and he does) then I’m in good company.

Sure you are in good company, Bib is a civil and intelligent person. But this doesn’t means that what he advocates is true by definition.

Originally Posted by Dick Builder

So, you made gains with the newbie routine, that’s great, so did I. However, the newbie routine I followed was advocated by DLD and didn’t include rest days. In fact, I often performed it twice a day. Here’s an example of another man that has contributed an enormous amount to the art of PE and doesn’t advocate rest days.

DLD was caught in this forum saying bull-shits. Maybe you should do a better choice when looking for PE-messiah. And:what’s the DLD contribute to the art of PE? Is PE an art? You were claiming your advices founded on scientific researches, now you say PE is an art?

And, before this last post of yours, you said that you had no results with the newbie routine. Don’t let you carry by the desire of obtaining reason.

Originally Posted by Dick Builder

My point was that I’ve often felt that you and others seem to have some emotional attachment to theories such as rest days and monitoring PI’s, as if they’re the Holy Grail to PE. You’ve even eluded, in this very thread, that not taking rest days could lead to injury. I see such rigid adherence to these guidelines as counterproductive to an open forum, which leads to confusion and failures with those new to PE. Why? Because they are now afraid to increase the intensity to a level necessary to achieve gains, for fear of injury, and never get to experience a bigger dick. It’s sad.

So, you want to advice everybody, and newbies for first, with unsupported believings that could lead to injuries (and you know that this is true, right?), calling “hypocritical” or “unable to understood” those who disagree with you, and anybody else should shut-up?

Well, you have a courious idea of what “free speech” is, and how the human knowledge progress, as well.

You claimed that the “No rest days” thinking was supported by clear scientific reference: I’m still waiting for links.

You claimed that big-gainers (at least trough hanging) results are the empirical proof of what you believe. I said: where are the before-after pics? Still waiting for a bunch of them.

Your last post is an admission that your supposed “knowledge based” position is just the product of suggestion of some guru, the speech of whom you got for truth without any logical reason.
Add this: some of the guys you are listening are sellers of some PE-related product : nothing wrong in that, but some sellers’ sites are not the best place to search for reasoned PE advices. That’s where Thundersplace differ: they don’t sell anything, here.


Last edited by marinera : 05-16-2008 at .

Originally Posted by wayoflife99
I thought I read somewhere that Bib rested on every weekend and even said that he often looked forward to the break after a long week of hanging, did he not rest on weekends?

You’ve read well :) .

Top

All times are GMT. The time now is 01:15 PM.