Thunder's Place

The big penis and mens' sexual health source, increasing penis size around the world.

Girth theory: Pumping vs. clamping

Agreed.


Before: I'd like to show you something I'm very proud of, but you'll have to move real close.

After: I\'d like to show you something I\'m very proud of, but you guys in the front row will have to stand back.

God gave men both a penis and a brain, but unfortunately not enough blood supply to run both at the same time. - Robin Williams (:

Originally Posted by avocet8
A few observations:

A number of us here at Thunders have commented that our firm, nocturnal erections are very often girthier than our conscious, sexual ones. They feel thicker in the hand; I’ve even gone so far as to measure a few of them in the night and came up with about .25 inch more girth than my measured daytime erections. Also, it’s been noted by others that an eighty or ninety percent conscious erection is often fatter than a totally firm erection.

In the case of nocturnal erections it seems logical that the parasympathic nervous system, which is definitely pro-erection in one of its functions and takes over while we are unconscious, allows for some unusual outward deformation of the tunica than does the sympathetic nervous system. In the case of a conscious erection at, say, 80 percent, the tunica is clearly less rigid and so jelking and modified Ulis are more PE-productive than when we become yet more erect.

The implication here is that my tunica, and maybe yours, is capable right now of expanding to hold more cavernosal volume than it usually does when I have a firm erection.

Trick is, 1) how to get that 1/4th inch, or whatever, all the time :) and 2) how to get the tunica to relax yet further to make girth increase easier. OR, to cause the tunica sheath to grow wider and longer.

Further, I don’t know for you guys, but when sleeping, I often find both my thighs to increase cavernosal pressure, since I sleep on my side—my thighs act as some sort of natural clamp—thought not cutting off blood flow. I’m convinced many here will relate to this.

I also can attest to having girthier noctural erections—never measured at night, but they often feel girthier in my hand. PNS (Parasympathetic Nervous System) definately is relevant here, since it’s known as the rest & digest part of the autonomic nerveous system (ANS). Also did you know that nocturnal erections have been linked to two conditions :

1. Testosterone level
2. time spend in REM sleep

This can be seen here : http://www.mastersmensclinic.com/ma…al_function.htm Very interesting page by the way.

Originally Posted by chip douglas
PNS (Parasympathetic Nervous System) definately is relevant here, since it’s known as the rest & digest part of the autonomic nerveous system (ANS).


Fair enough, chip.

On a side note: would you mind using spell check? :)

I’m not just busting on you; it’s part of the forum guidelines for membership here. Thanks again. :leftie:


Before: I'd like to show you something I'm very proud of, but you'll have to move real close.

After: I\'d like to show you something I\'m very proud of, but you guys in the front row will have to stand back.

God gave men both a penis and a brain, but unfortunately not enough blood supply to run both at the same time. - Robin Williams (:

Originally Posted by Mr. Happy
Fair enough, chip.

On a side note: would you mind using spell check? :)

I’m not just busting on you; it’s part of the forum guidelines for membership here. Thanks again. :leftie:

Sorry for the typo—trust me, this is a word I’m used to typing day in day out. By the way, I’ve long been a member here, but life being what it is, I had to take some time off to attend to other functions.

Originally Posted by avocet8
A few observations:

A number of us here at Thunders have commented that our firm, nocturnal erections are very often girthier than our conscious, sexual ones. They feel thicker in the hand; I’ve even gone so far as to measure a few of them in the night and came up with about .25 inch more girth than my measured daytime erections. Also, it’s been noted by others that an eighty or ninety percent conscious erection is often fatter than a totally firm erection.

In the case of nocturnal erections it seems logical that the parasympathic nervous system, which is definitely pro-erection in one of its functions and takes over while we are unconscious, allows for some unusual outward deformation of the tunica than does the sympathetic nervous system. In the case of a conscious erection at, say, 80 percent, the tunica is clearly less rigid and so jelking and modified Ulis are more PE-productive than when we become yet more erect.

The implication here is that my tunica, and maybe yours, is capable right now of expanding to hold more cavernosal volume than it usually does when I have a firm erection.

Trick is, 1) how to get that 1/4th inch, or whatever, all the time :) and 2) how to get the tunica to relax yet further to make girth increase easier. OR, to cause the tunica sheath to grow wider and longer.


I think the paper I quoted from 1983 about night time, REM (rapid eye movement, dreaming) sleep-induced erection may explain this increased, sometimes even painful night-time super penis. They saw long, sustained Bulbo- and Ischiocavernosus contractions giving high volume erections. This differed from the more recent study that mravg posted. They saw shorter intermittent contractions. Whether this was result of the less then natural way they caused erections in a pin cushioned penis or the real thing is unknown. But if this is actually the case, this may explain the penis of greater girth we sometimes have at night and not during the day.

I wear a flexible penis ring (Peloop) at night and when I wake with a very hard erection, I kegel against it for 10 - 15 minutes. In light of the results in the Journal of Andrology paper that mravg gave us, this might not do anything as they did not see any increase in cavernosa pressure with voluntary kegels. I’ll continue to do it anyway because I still think it might do some good (holding the stretch at a longer tunica fiber length). Even if it doesn’t, it feels good.

Originally Posted by pudendum
I wear a flexible penis ring (Peloop) at night and when I wake with a very hard erection, I kegel against it for 10 - 15 minutes. In light of the results in the Journal of Andrology paper that mravg gave us, this might not do anything as they did not see any increase in cavernosa pressure with voluntary kegels. I’ll continue to do it anyway because I still think it might do some good (holding the stretch at a longer tunica fiber length). Even if it doesn’t, it feels good.

How long have you been wearing this Peloop ring for ? It looks as though the increased blood volume and resulting tension induced isn’t enough to affect size, as this would otherwise have been reported.

Wouldn’t wearing a penis pump at night at a low vacuum, over a half erected penis be a good idea ? That being said, it’d be quite ackward for those who toss and turn :)


Last edited by Mr. Happy : 01-05-2008 at . Reason: affect for effect

Originally Posted by chip douglas
Sorry for the typo—trust me, this is a word I’m used to typing day in day out.

Okay, then it’s one for you to watch I’d say:

Originally Posted by chip
I’m definately biased here, but also this is one of the very few M.D.s I’ve found to write about the subject of penis enlargement, so I thought I’d mention it here.

Now I am busting on you a little. :D

You’re okay by me, chip.
:up:

Originally Posted by pudendum
In light of the results in the Journal of Andrology paper that mravg gave us, this might not do anything as they did not see any increase in cavernosa pressure with voluntary kegels. I’ll continue to do it anyway because I still think it might do some good (holding the stretch at a longer tunica fiber


The Kegels will at the least give you better muscle tone, or at least help maintain it. That’s something.

Originally Posted by pudendum
Even if it doesn’t, it feels good.


:D


Before: I'd like to show you something I'm very proud of, but you'll have to move real close.

After: I\'d like to show you something I\'m very proud of, but you guys in the front row will have to stand back.

God gave men both a penis and a brain, but unfortunately not enough blood supply to run both at the same time. - Robin Williams (:

Originally Posted by chip douglas

How long have you been wearing this Peloop ring for ? It looks as though the increased blood volume and resulting tension induced isn’t enough to affect size, as this would otherwise have been reported.

I wear the Peloop more as penis ring then for its purported effects. I believe in the magnetism, the rest is garbage. I’m realistic about the voodoo. I have the old style ring.

Originally Posted by chip douglas

Wouldn’t wearing a penis pump at night at a low vacuum, over a half erected penis be a good idea ? That being said, it’d be quite ackward for those who toss and turn :)

A mans gotta sleep. :)

Yep, good sleep sure is relevant—I’m thinking avoiding IR (Insulin Receptor) desensitization among significant markers.

LAPLACE reconsidered

Originally Posted by pudendum
I’ve been thinking about this a lot since I first read this. I think that Sparkyx is on to a very important point here. In fact, I think this concept might be so important as to take us further down the road towards the Holy Grail of PE: why and how do we grow.

Yes Sparkyx, wall tension is everything. As I noted in the thread on the connective tissue mechanisms of connective tissue remodeling (Possible reason for PE induced growth), tension is the most important stimulus. The question we all ask is: what type of tension and how intense?

Tension is tension, no matter the cause. But how this tension is generated and when is important.

There is a very important and simple principle known as LaPlaces’s Law that describe wall tension (which tunica stretch is).

OH NO, not another scientific explanation!! Please bear with me, this is actually simple and important. I’ll make it simple.

If you have a tube (like the cavernosa) with a radius, r, with a wall (like the tunica) with a thickness, M, with an internal pressure, P, then you can describe the tension on the wall (the tunica), T, by the following equation:

T = P * r/M. [Tension on the tunica = (radius of the cavernosa X cavernosa pressure)/tunica thickness]

Let’s assume that tunica thickness does not change, so M is constant (it may not be but for giggles and grins, let’s assume it is). Therefore, tension increases by increased pressure, radius or both.

Unfortunately, tunica thickness is not constant but decreases with increasing radius. Thus, like in our previous discussion compliance was, now tunica thickness is a dynamic variable.

Considering this in the Laplace equation is quite interesting:

As the pressure increases, the tunica thickness decreases; the net effect on wall stress is that the pressure effect on wall stress is weakened.

This would again favour low pressure, low tension scenarios because at high pressure negative PI’s and injuries become exponentially (an estimate, from experience - blisters, frenulum tear, edema, discoloration, you name it) more likely while the net effect on wall tension is less than linear.


Later - ttt

Originally Posted by pudendum
I wear the Peloop more as penis ring then for it’s purported effects. I believe in the magnetism, the rest is garbage.

I believe in magnetic resonance imaging.

I don’t believe in magnetism if it comes to PE.

Anyhow, belief is a religious term, in my eyes. Here, we are trying a more scientific approach. Bit more discipline, pudendum, PLEASE :) .


Later - ttt

Originally Posted by pudendum
I wear a flexible penis ring (Peloop) at night and when I wake with a very hard erection, I kegel against it for 10 - 15 minutes. In light of the results in the Journal of Andrology paper that mravg gave us, this might not do anything as they did not see any increase in cavernosa pressure with voluntary kegels. I’ll continue to do it anyway because I still think it might do some good (holding the stretch at a longer tunica fiber length). Even if it doesn’t, it feels good.

Whatever their paper says, experience (mine, my gf’s with my dick is as follows:

If I do a strong and sustained kegel, there is an indisputable increase of my dick’s circumference probably - very likely - as a consequence of increased pressure, since the dick feels harder during the maneuver.

As you said, the study was done under ‘extreme’ conditions (pharmacologically induced and maintained maintained erection, needles here and there). This may explain differences with experience and other studies.

It is really distracting to what degree the study design can influence the results; to the extent that the conclusion may only be relevant to the experimental model and conditions studied.


Later - ttt

Originally Posted by avocet8
Also, it’s been noted by others that an eighty or ninety percent conscious erection is often fatter than a totally firm erection.

The tunica is a 3D-mesh-work. If you stretch it to the max you have less expandibility for girth and vice versa.


Later - ttt

Originally Posted by ticktickticker
Whatever their paper says, experience (mine, my gf’s with my dick is as follows:

If I do a strong and sustained kegel, there is an indisputable increase of my dick’s circumference probably - very likely - as a consequence of increased pressure, since the dick feels harder during the maneuver.

As you said, the study was done under ‘extreme’ conditions (pharmacologically induced and maintained maintained erection, needles here and there). This may explain differences with experience and other studies.

It is really distracting to what degree the study design can influence the results; to the extent that the conclusion may only be relevant to the experimental model and conditions studied.


Well said.

Originally Posted by ticktickticker
The tunica is a 3D-mesh-work. If you stretch it to the max you have less expandibility for girth and vice versa.

Why would the tunica not be regarded as a balloon?

The larger the balloon, the larger it’s volumetric capacity, the more air that it can contain.


06/21/07 NBP = 7.75(tape) FSL = 7.875 EG = 5.00 Volume= 15.42

09/13/07 NBP = 8.375 FSL = 8.75 EG = 5.38 Volume = 19.29 (+25%)

12/26/07 NBP = 8.625 FSL = 8.75 EG = 5.50 Volume = 20.82 (+35%)

Top

All times are GMT. The time now is 11:31 AM.