Thunder's Place

The big penis and mens' sexual health source, increasing penis size around the world.

Cool Down - YES You NEED It!

Originally Posted by WhiskeyFish
Cool down advocates,

Are you suggesting a flash freeze method, like going from a hot steamy shower to an icy cold one?

I am currently doing manual stretches in the shower under hot water and achieving 0.3 - 0.5 inches of additional stretch by the end of the workout, and then getting out of the shower and jelqing for 5-10 minutes. Would you say that the cool down during my 5-10 minutes of Jelq is not fast enough? Possibly not cold enough?

Anyway, it seems to be working, but I am excited to try your cool down method.

I think it’s better to come up to body temperature before cooling down, especially if you are going to use an ice pack, which can be very cold indeed.
My method? Personally I only use a proper ‘cool/ice down’ if I have over trained. That’s not because I don’t believe in a proper cool-down. I do. But it takes time and is a hassle, and I do PE now because I enjoy learning more about what works, so I can pass on useful info. So I’m too lazy to return to body temperature then ice down every time.

Usually, after normal PE, I just allow my penis to return to body temperature while under gentle stretch. If I have done ‘too much’, I still return to room temperature, but then hold a very light stretch (or none at all if it feels strained etc.) and ice it.

If you are doing your PE under running water I guess a gentle transition from hot to cold would be fine, but to get the full effect of cold your legs would be shaking and your testicles shrunk like peas by the time you were done. :)


Heat makes the difference between gaining quickly or slowly for some guys, or between gaining slowly instead of not at all for others. And the ideal penis size is 7.6" BPEL x 5.6" Mid Girth.

Basics.... firegoat roll How to use the Search button for best results

I am curious, how much do you have to stretch the penis while cooling down?

I think just enough to keep it in the elongated state until it cools. Just a light pull.

Hmmm, I think I might try this, let my self cool down naturally, no heat.I will keep my self stretched as long as possible, for 5 minutes

I have tried this cooling down a couple of times and it’s great ,and after reading this “cool” thread.. I will try it again and shock my dick with cool water after workout.

Maybe this leads to faster gains..


Starting size: 7.48" X 5.51" Currently: 10.1" X 6.4"

Heat is the key!

not sure I like the idea of cold water right after a work out !!

I let it naturally cool down and continued to stretch and massage. It has helped me maintain a longer flaccid throughout the day

How cold does it have to be? Icecold?

Anyone?

Originally Posted by kallea
Anyone?

I read a medical study recently on physio which tested using heat and cool downs.
They found that while heat at the beginning of a stretch was very beneficial using ice at the end was no better than allowing the tissues to simply cool down naturally and in some instances ice reduced the effectiveness.

I think Firegoat said he just allowed things too cool on their own but while maintaining the stretch.

Originally Posted by capernicus1

I read a medical study recently on physio which tested using heat and cool downs.

They found that while heat at the beginning of a stretch was very beneficial using ice at the end was no better than allowing the tissues to simply cool down naturally and in some instances ice reduced the effectiveness.

I think Firegoat said he just allowed things too cool on their own but while maintaining the stretch.

Ice is very beneficial if any trauma (however mild) has been caused to the tissues, so I use ice after a session where I have considerably overdone it. Otherwise I just let things cool on their own while maintaining stretch.

Ice will cool the tissues - because the body wants its tissues to be at body temperature it will flush the tissues with lots of fresh blood to warm the tissues, once you take the ice pack off. In the process, metabolic and inflammatory by-products are flushed out of the tissues and lots of fresh, oxygenated, nutrient laden blood enters the tissues.


Heat makes the difference between gaining quickly or slowly for some guys, or between gaining slowly instead of not at all for others. And the ideal penis size is 7.6" BPEL x 5.6" Mid Girth.

Basics.... firegoat roll How to use the Search button for best results

Originally Posted by firegoat
Ice is very beneficial if any trauma (however mild) has been caused to the tissues, so I use ice after a session where I have considerably overdone it. Otherwise I just let things cool on their own while maintaining stretch.
Ice will cool the tissues - because the body wants its tissues to be at body temperature it will flush the tissues with lots of fresh blood to warm the tissues, once you take the ice pack off. In the process, metabolic and inflammatory by-products are flushed out of the tissues and lots of fresh, oxygenated, nutrient laden blood enters the tissues.

I’ll defer to your greater experience here since it’s your particular area of expertise.

This study was concerned with improving range of motion so it may not be directly transferable.
Good to see you around again FG


Last edited by cantlook : 05-14-2013 at . Reason: Fixed vBcode quote tag

That’s why, in the absence of overdoing it, I just let things cool under tension.

I’m not around much, but like to pop in occasionally. :)


Heat makes the difference between gaining quickly or slowly for some guys, or between gaining slowly instead of not at all for others. And the ideal penis size is 7.6" BPEL x 5.6" Mid Girth.

Basics.... firegoat roll How to use the Search button for best results

Originally Posted by firegoat
That’s why, in the absence of overdoing it, I just let things cool under tension.
I’m not around much, but like to pop in occasionally. :)

How long do you stretch the penis to cool down to body temperature after a session?

Originally Posted by kallea

How long do you stretch the penis to cool down to body temperature after a session?

Until it cools to body temperature! When all the effect of the IR lamp has gone. As long as it takes.


Heat makes the difference between gaining quickly or slowly for some guys, or between gaining slowly instead of not at all for others. And the ideal penis size is 7.6" BPEL x 5.6" Mid Girth.

Basics.... firegoat roll How to use the Search button for best results

Top

All times are GMT. The time now is 10:52 PM.