Here is my take on it. I registered in March and pretty much have been a lurker up until last week. My reasons were:
1) the forum offers such a vast amount of info it takes some time to really digest it all.
2) Sometimes it’s difficult to bring up a point or discuss a topic unless you have some personal experience with such, and that takes time. I am now only beginning to share my experiences.
3) On the surface it’s pretty outlandish to think that we are yanking, squeezing, stretching, hanging wieghts on our units. Talking about it might take some getting used to. At least that is how it was for me.
4) Have you ever thought that the forum is so complete that it may be difficult bring something up because it was already covered in a previous thread? I have experienced this personally.
5) Trust / fear. I think that many people by nature worry that they might ask a “stupid” question or be criticized. It’s hard enough to talk about your dick with strangers, additionally to say something that was criticized could be devastating.
Fortunately this forum provides and incredible amount of support, guidance and direction. I think that by providing this same environment more will come out of the woodwork with some encouragement much like myself. I will do my part and stay more involved. Thanks for everything!