Thunder's Place

The big penis and mens' sexual health source, increasing penis size around the world.

Why everywhere online do the averages seem to be bigger?

Originally Posted by UM1991

In case you haven’t noticed, 6’1”-6’3” people are pretty uncommon.

That is so untrue, Anytime I go out anywhere I see someone taller than me and I’m 6 foot 1, if tall people were so uncommon the average height of a NBA player would not be 6 foot 6. I agree 6 foot 4 and up starts to get rare but bellow that is not uncommon at all. At least not in America.


Erect Length 8.500 inches , Erect Girth5.700 inches, Flaccid Length 5 inches, hang Flaccid Girth 4.2 inches, Erect Width 1.814 inches,

Erect Volume 21.977cubic inches

2011-03-01

Originally Posted by ZackinOH
Sorry Titan, you’re definitely wrong on this. I’m 6.1 at the base and at least 5.8 at mid-shaft. Maybe you are around some women with VERY small hands, but most every girl I’ve been with can get her hand around it, especially the further up they go. I know Saiyan22 has posted extensively about this, but yeah…I’m not “huge” and I think 5.75 is only slightly on the upper end of average.

This site has plenty of guys who have 6.0 girth, and I don’t think they (or we) are exaggerating!

Bro, I’ve got to say that YOU are wrong. The average girth is a little less than 5” so 5.75” goes into the big range.

Originally Posted by Mushroom
That is utter bullshit. Please site one legitimate study that found 5.75” girth to be inside of one standard deviation from the mean! If that was the case, I’d have no problems finding condoms that don’t squeeze the life out of my dick. I have 5.75” girth, and the only condoms I can find in stores that fit comfortably are Magnum XL’s. Out of dozens of available choices on the rack, I am forced to chose those even though I don’t like them all that much (too thick). If my my girth is “VERY common,” why are all the condom companies not fighting for my business? Do you really think they are that stupid? If 5.75” girth is even remotely common, all these greedy corporations are just flushing millions of dollars down the drain by neglecting to compete in an under-served high demand market. Does this really seem plausible to you?

Are you really going to say that the advertising that’s already been performed for “large condoms” has no impact when you specifically named the most SUCCESSFULLY MARKETED “large condom” brand in your post and proclaimed yourself a customer. Those greedy corporatins ARE flushing “millions of dollars” to advertise the Magnum brand, which should comfortably fit anyone on the larger side of average as a condom made specifically for large penises so that men would think “Oh I can fit magnums, I must have a big penis. In addition I think I’ll ONLY BUY MAGNUMS FROM NOW ON, because those OTHER condoms are for AVERAGE guys, not big penis guys like me who BUY MAGNUMS ($$$$$$$$$). They give the customer a small ego boost and he’s hooked for life with his newfound “magnum” status. Men have a need to feel sexually powerful, marketing for magnum condoms fulfills that need. Throw it in conspicuous gold wrapping and give it a giggly buzz amongst gossipy female teens and they’ll be flying off the shelves like cigarettes.

As for XLs, I’ve never had sex with one on but have unwrapped one and worn it comfortably, and my girth is 6”, when I started PE I was 5.5 around. Would you look at that, they AREN’T as big as I expected, and BOY did I feel like I had a fat cock after I spent 5 bucks on a three pack of them and could use them comfortably. The sort of fat cock I’LL ONLY BUY THE MAGNUM BRAND FOR from now on. ($$$$$$$$$$)

Patchukwruah,

What is your point exactly?

My point is quite simple:

- 95% of the condoms stocked at most stores are useless to me because they squeeze my dick so tight it makes maintaining a quality erection difficult.

- My girth is 5.75”

The question at hand is whether my girth is A) typical, or B) atypical. For the sake of argument lets assume each one, in turn,is true.

A = True) The manufacturers chose to manufacture the majority of their condoms to a specification that most men find uncomfortable because they are just plain sadistic, and want to give condoms a worse wrap than they already have. The stores stock up mostly on the uncomfortably tight condoms, because they are lazy and don’t have to restock as frequently that way.

B = True) The manufactures produce mainly regular-sized condoms because that is what fits most guys the best and hence sells that most, and makes them the most money (even when accounting for some guys buying them who don’t need them because they want to be seen with the wrapper).

Trojan has retained their dominance over the large condom market because it wouldn’t make a hell of a lot of sense for other companies to spend much money fighting to establish a foothold in such a niche market when there is much more money to me make selling what actually fits the average guy best. The large condom market is a lucrative market for Trojan only because of the fact that they get the lion’s share of the business.

The reason that the regular Magnums fit you well before you even started PE was because you were already big girthwise at 5.5!!! Regular Magnum’s are intended for guys around 5.25-5.5, and Magnum XL’s for guys > 5.5. Regular size condoms fit most comfortably on guys around the 4.5-5.0 range. That should tell you something.

I think most of dick perception is all in our minds from looking/watching porn at a young age. I remember watching a porn video at 8 yrs old, then looking at my dick wondering why they are so big. Then as I hit my teens I kept watching more porn which just kept fucking with my head because they were all big looking while I had this stub dick. I’m almost positive that watching porn at such a young age is the reason why I think my dick is very small.

If I never stumbled upon this site, I would have assumed that the average dick was 7 1/2” - 8” length with girth being around 6”+. I now know im average, but still, my dick looks very small.


Stock Cock: BPEL 6.187" EG 5.25"

Current: BPEL 7.00" EG 5.5"

Goal: BPEL 8 EG 6 My new goal is now 9" BPEL X 6" EG So I can blow my wife's pussy walls out!

Originally Posted by 8inchpencil
That is so untrue, Anytime I go out anywhere I see someone taller than me and I’m 6 foot 1

Which do you see more of when you go out? Guys that are taller than you, or guys that are shorter than you.

Originally Posted by 8inchpencil
if tall people were so uncommon the average height of a NBA player would not be 6 foot 6.

Pro basket ball is like porn - you gotta be a big guy to play. So of course the average height in pro basketball is going to be high. However that has NOTHING to do with the average height in the GENERAL POPULATION.

The average Male Height in the US is 5 feet 9.5 inches.

Something from Big Girtha that applies here: Big Girtha - Why so many big guys?

Originally Posted by BG
My current girlfriend, Mizz Girtha, (and I’m sure you’ve heard me speak of her a lot) is a self-admitted Size Queen. The woman is literally obsessed with a fascination about penis size. I met her at a nudist camp. We both are nudists and have been going to these nude recreational facilities all our lives. You see a lot of naked men at these camps, and since I’ve become so involved with PE, and Mizz Girtha is involved with me, mostly because the idea of men making their dicks bigger literally excites and intrigues her, especially since she has seen, measured and help me track my gains for the last two years.

Since WE have discovered PE our nudist camp experiences have taken on a new twist. It has become a kind of game with the two of us to pay special attention to just how BIG or SMALL some men really are in both the flaccid and erect state, and it is not beneath her to fondle a stranger in the hot tub who is sporting a nice flaccid just to see if his erect size is equally as impressive, and I’ve never seen any man object to her curiosity.

Believe me when I say this, you are not a minority. Average sized penises, and those a little smaller than average are MUCH more prevalent than the BIG ones. We have all fallen into the mythical belief brought about by the ADULT FILM INDUSTRY that the really BIG guys are very common. This is just not true. There are some big ones out there, we have both seen them, and believe me Mizz Girtha won’t hesitate to break out a ruler if the opportunity presents itself. But men who are 8X6 are rare and the massive 9 and 10 inchers are extremely rare. In fact they are almost non-existent. I don’t care what the polls say. What Mizz Girtha and I have found in over fifty years of nude recreation is that the 5” to 6” penis is pretty much the norm.

Originally Posted by UM1991
In case you haven’t noticed, 6’1”-6’3” people are pretty uncommon.

I disagree. I think 6’4” hits the uncommon mark. No average guy sees a 6’2” guy and is like wow hes really tall. I am 6’2” , and I find that if I’m in a room with 10 other dudes, there will almost always be another guy, maybe 2 that are in the 6’1” to 6’3” height range. I don’t consider that rare at all.

So if 7” to 7 1/2” cocks are that common I don’t consider that rare. If a girl fucks 4 dudes, which most women have fucked plenty more, chances are shes had a 7 incher, and if they are that common then shes gonna have a slight disappointment if it doesn’t measure at least 6’1/2”, just as anyone would be dissapointed if they played a 1/4 chances of winning lotto and didn’t win.

My girlfriends fucked 5 other dudes, shes said 1 was around 5, probably a little less, 2 were about 5 1/2 to 6, mine and another dudes are about 6 to 6 1/2, and one was at least 7, probably more.


Last edited by ray32 : 05-22-2011 at . Reason: Forgot to say something

Do you realize your making generalizations on the ENTIRE MALE population based on “a room of 10 guys” and “4 dudes”?

Originally Posted by Mushroom
Patchukwruah,

What is your point exactly?

My point is quite simple:

- 95% of the condoms stocked at most stores are useless to me because they squeeze my dick so tight it makes maintaining a quality erection difficult.

- My girth is 5.75”

The question at hand is whether my girth is A) typical, or B) atypical. For the sake of argument lets assume each one, in turn,is true.

A = True) The manufacturers chose to manufacture the majority of their condoms to a specification that most men find uncomfortable because they are just plain sadistic, and want to give condoms a worse wrap than they already have. The stores stock up mostly on the uncomfortably tight condoms, because they are lazy and don’t have to restock as frequently that way.

B = True) The manufactures produce mainly regular-sized condoms because that is what fits most guys the best and hence sells that most, and makes them the most money (even when accounting for some guys buying them who don’t need them because they want to be seen with the wrapper).

Trojan has retained their dominance over the large condom market because it wouldn’t make a hell of a lot of sense for other companies to spend much money fighting to establish a foothold in such a niche market when there is much more money to me make selling what actually fits the average guy best. The large condom market is a lucrative market for Trojan only because of the fact that they get the lion’s share of the business.

The reason that the regular Magnums fit you well before you even started PE was because you were already big girthwise at 5.5!!! Regular Magnum’s are intended for guys around 5.25-5.5, and Magnum XL’s for guys > 5.5. Regular size condoms fit most comfortably on guys around the 4.5-5.0 range. That should tell you something.

Sorry about the snarky reply. I was in an altered state of mind last night and redirected frustration into an anonymous internet discussion basically. I’m sitting here laughing at the ridiculousness of my sporadically capitalized douchey reply.

Originally Posted by ray32
So if 7” to 7 1/2” cocks are that common I don’t consider that rare. If a girl fucks 4 dudes, which most women have fucked plenty more, chances are shes had a 7 incher, and if they are that common then shes gonna have a slight disappointment if it doesn’t measure at least 6’1/2”, just as anyone would be dissapointed if they played a 1/4 chances of winning lotto and didn’t win.

7” to 7.5” cocks are “common” in PORN. Not in the real world:

LOOK AT THE DROP OFF AT 7 INCHES. The measurement methodology was a light bone press.

Thunder’s member invisible is a statistician and he has run all the numbers for you.

See What Are The Odds?: The Novice A woman with two partners.

<SNIP>

Scenario: The Novice (Prior Partners = 2)

Probability: Are You Her Biggest?

Length

4.00”: 0.0%
4.25”: 0.1%
4.50”: 0.2%
4.75”: 0.7%
5.00”: 2.1%
5.25”: 5.0%
5.50”: 10.5%
5.75”: 19.3%
6.00”: 31.3%
6.25”: 58.2%
6.50”: 60.0%
6.75”: 73.1%
7.00”: 83.4%
7.25”: 90.6%
7.50”: 95.1%
7.75”: 97.7%
8.00”: 99.0%
8.25”: 99.6%
8.50”: 99.9%

<SNIP>

The next in the series was a woman with 10 partners. What Are The Odds?: The Experience Woman

<SNIP>

Scenario: The Experienced Woman (Prior Partners = 10)

Probability: Are You Her Biggest?

The probabilities below are listed as Top / Top 2 / Top 3.

Length

5.25”: 0.0% / 0.0% / 0.0%
5.50”: 0.0% / 0.0% / 0.3%
5.75”: 0.0% / 0.4% / 2.3%
6.00”: 0.3% / 2.7% / 11.0%
6.25”: 6.7% / 27.4% / 56.4%
6.50”: 7.8% / 30.5% / 60.1%
6.75”: 20.9% / 56.3% / 83.3%
7.00”: 40.4% / 78.7% / 95.1%
7.25”: 61.1% / 91.7% / 99.0%
7.50”: 78.0% / 97.6% / 99.8%
7.75”: 89.0% / 99.4% / 99.9%
8.00”: 95.1% / 99.9%
8.25”: 98.0%
8.50”: 99.3%
8.75”: 99.8%
9.00”: 99.9%

<SNIP>


Last edited by sta-kool : 05-22-2011 at .

This is never going to end.It’s going to be logic and science vs intuition. Intuition is great when you truly trust yourself, but it’s terrible when you have dysmorphia. Will an exacting study please come out and get mad press for the truth.pleeease.the average size is no where near 5.5 girth. The average midshaft is not 5 either. This the “average” girth. What percent of people are measuring the thickest part, including their head.probably even incorrectly (probably 90%) plus. I’d be surprised if true average (base, mid, top) is even that close to 5. Probably more like 4.75-4.8, but this argument has ran it’s course a million times.

I found invisible’s posts. Very relevant.

Imagine All The World Living Life Naked

Originally Posted by Invisible
One of the reasons that confusion about size persists is because it is not something that is easy to observe in everyday life. We are not exposed to the actual frequencies with which size occurs in the population. Instead, we tend to get out formative ideas from porn or locker room bullshit.

Let’s consider another physical trait by comparison: height. Nobody is confused about height since we see how tall other guys are all the time. We automatically know when someone is tall or someone is short. When we get our ideas about penis size from porn, it’s like watching nothing but the NBA and assuming that’s how tall normal men are.

We don’t really understand something until we can look at it from multiple points of view. Thus, I thought it would be an interesting exercise to translate penis size into a comparable height (i.e., one that occurs at the same frequency in the population). This could help us get an intuition for how frequently certain sizes occur in real life. It’s the equivalent intuition we would gain if guys walked around naked all the time with erections.

Length = Height Equivalent

  • 3.00” = 4’ 11”
  • 3.25” = 5’ 0”
  • 3.50” = 5’ 1”
  • 3.75” = 5’ 2”
  • 4.00” = 5’ 3”
  • 4.25” = 5’ 3”
  • 4.50” = 5’ 4”
  • 4.75” = 5’ 5”
  • 5.00” = 5’ 6”
  • 5.25” = 5’ 7”
  • 5.50” = 5’ 8”
  • 5.75” = 5’ 9”
  • 6.00” = 5’ 10”
  • 6.25” = 5’ 11”
  • 6.50” = 6’ 0”
  • 6.75” = 6’ 1”
  • 7.00” = 6’ 1”
  • 7.25” = 6’ 2”
  • 7.50” = 6’ 3”
  • 7.75” = 6’ 4”
  • 8.00” = 6’ 5”
  • 8.25” = 6’ 6”
  • 8.50” = 6’ 7”
  • 8.75” = 6’ 8”
  • 9.00” = 6’ 9”

Assumptions
  1. A normal distribution assumption for both penis size and height is being assumed. This is a better approximation in the case of height than penis size.
  2. The Lifestyles mean of 5.877” and 0.825” standard deviation is used in the calculation.
  3. A height of 5’ 9.4” is being used as the mean height (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Human_height) in the calculations along with a standard deviation of 3”. I don’t have a good source for the standard deviation figure but I think it is approximately correct from what I have seen.

Given these assumptions, the above table is only going to be an approximation to reality. However, it suffices to give a reasonable intuition for what is realistic regarding size. For example, a size of 6.5” length is the equivalent of 6’ in height. Nobody would dispute that 6’ is tall. However, lots of guys feel insecure with “only” 6.5” whereas I don’t think they would be insecure about their height if they were 6’ tall. As another example, a length of 8” corresponds to a height of 6’ 5”. Ask yourself how many men you see each day that are this tall. They are out there but they are not that common. Keep this in mind the next time you start falling into the trap of thinking that every other guy has an 8” dick.

Imagine All The People Living Life Naked (Part 2)

Originally Posted by Invisible
This post will replicate the results from Imagine All The People Living Life Naked but for girth instead of length.

Erect Girth = Height Equivalent

  • 3.00” = 4’ 10”
  • 3.25” = 4’ 11”
  • 3.50” = 5’ 1”
  • 3.75” = 5’ 2”
  • 4.00” = 5’ 4”
  • 4.25” = 5’ 5”
  • 4.50” = 5’ 7”
  • 4.75” = 5’ 8”
  • 5.00” = 5’ 10”
  • 5.25” = 5’ 11”
  • 5.50” = 6’ 1”
  • 5.75” = 6’ 2”
  • 6.00” = 6’ 3”
  • 6.25” = 6’ 5”
  • 6.50” = 6’ 6”
  • 6.75” = 6’ 8”
  • 7.00” = 6’ 9”

Assumptions

Same assumptions as for Imagine All The People Living Life Naked.

Comments

As can be seen from the table, a girth of 5.5” and above is equivalent to an undeniably tall height. Even 5” is perfectly respectable, although it is certainly reasonable to desire a bit more at that size. We also see that a girth of 6.25” is getting into NBA territory. In fact, 6.5” is equivalent to Michael Jordan’s height.

Top

All times are GMT. The time now is 12:47 AM.