Thunder's Place

The big penis and mens' sexual health source, increasing penis size around the world.

Sceptical about all of this.

Originally Posted by memento

Commercial studies? I would doubt that. He tends to cite papers from peer reviewed journals. Could explain the reason for his coyness though, I guess.

Some studies on penis extenders and a couple on vacuum devices where published on peer reviewd journals, actually. Check pubmed.

That’ll be what he was referencing then. I’d only get the abstract these days.


Thunder's Place: increasing penis size one dick at a time.

Originally Posted by memento
A-unit,

I think you would be hard pressed to describe physics as ‘describing effects.after the fact’, in fact that seems a very limited view of science as a whole. Yeah, if there were large scale studies of penis enlargement techniques, they would be documenting facts as they progress but that would be done to allow models to be built to predict. Climate change science is almost entirely based on models attempting to describe the future, using historical data as the basis for the models. Prediction is the bread and butter of science. Just think of theoretical physics, where the theory often precedes the data that backs it up.

In the UK, there are doctors who refer to all sorts of alternative medicines, often with no medical evidence for their efficacy. Maybe they take into account the power of placebo and refer on that basis. So, I think your experience of not receiving referrals is probably local and my understanding was that there was evidence for the efficacy of hypnotherapy in the same way that there is evidence for the efficacy of mindfulness based cognitive therapy.

My Hypnotherapy is used in conjunction with CBT (Cognitive behavioural therapy) and NLP (Neuro-linguistic programming.) still to no avail within the local medical community. I understand that in the UK for instance, medical doctors will routinely refer patients to “alternative” practitioners.

And I don’t know how else to describe science with it’s threshold of measurement. After the fact. I will use the example of electricity to illustrate my point regarding what science knows and doesn’t. It knows what electricity does by observing rates of change after the fact, yet science does nothing to tell us what electricity actually is. This comes as a surprise to most in that they never thought to ask what it was, and assumed science knew.

I don’t want to hijack this thread into a discussion about scientific dogma, but suffice it say, the science/medical community will never motion toward proving or validating the efficacy of PE simply because they can’t profit from and limit access to PE for their own personal gain.

We will have to go on faith and trust, which is what the majority of human endeavour is based on.


Began December 2009 at 5 7/8" length and 5" girth.

As of December 5th 2012 7 3/8" BPEL and 6 1/8" base girth.

Going for the magic 8"x6"

Originally Posted by hariban88
I have done some research and so far this is what I have figured out. From what I can see pretty much every medical licensed doctor says that jelqing will most definitely destroy your penis (or nothing at all).
However, according to this forum which has somewhat of a large community all of them doctors are either lying or wrong. So it’s kind of hard for me to trust a bunch of dudes on the internet, how do I know you are all not insane? Which isn’t a far fetched accusation because just look at http://theflatearthsociety.org/cms/ and those guys are dedicated like hell!

Don’t get me wrong though I have also found articles that are extremely biased going so far to say that literately every website that offers these types of services involves some type of credit card subscription fee.

Now I need to know this, are there any side effects at all? There has to be some sort of catch to this. I am not going to buy this just yet, that there is nothing out of the ordinary, (doesn’t even have to be negative), that happens to your dick if you jelq for a long period of time.

Other then that, I was wondering if I can correct a slight bend/curve that I have received from getting a boner in my pants for to long. I saw on another website similar to this one that the way to do it is either buy a silly correction device that I would be ashamed of having hidden in my room. Or jelqing.


You just need to be a little less lazy, and read the hell out of this site. I’m not trying to be mean, but that’s what it took me to kill the skepticism.

Nothing you read or see here is going to satisfy you on it’s own, or it didn’t for me anyway. I had to prove it to myself.

The next 3 months are going to pass either way, just give it a fair shot.

Approach it safely and logically and there is nothing to lose. :)


Keep an open mind and a closed wallet... unless it\'s open to making a donation!

Originally Posted by memento
>At least someone figured out how to spell “skeptical”..<

That would be the American spelling. The British spelling is “sceptical”.

I have adjusted my spell checkers to stop correcting me for using sceptical and colour.

Originally Posted by a-unit
To those who doubt the effectiveness of PE have only one real recourse; to begin the newbie program and stick with it for several months

I agree 100% with that. 50/50 for your views on scepticism. You are certainly taking an NLPish view of it; reacting to the group consensual-reality application of the term rather than the technical definition.

I think that way to often scepticism is misapplied and misunderstood, especially by those that should know better. (Scientists with formal training.) But then the same crowd almost always misapplies and misunderstands Ockham’s Razor as well.

Ockham\’s Razor:

http://math.ucr.edu/home/baez/physi…eral/occam.html

The principle states that “Entities should not be multiplied unnecessarily.”…

Occam\’s razor is often cited in stronger forms than Occam intended, as in the following statements…

“If you have two theories that both explain the observed facts, then you should use the simplest until more evidence comes along”

“The simplest explanation for some phenomenon is more likely to be accurate than more complicated explanations.”

“If you have two equally likely solutions to a problem, choose the simplest.”

“The explanation requiring the fewest assumptions is most likely to be correct.”


Running a Massive Co-Front.

Originally Posted by nowhereman
Denialism…

The book points out how many people in the world would have starved without the increased production of food through modern farming. Interesting read.

Denialism is an interesting read although I disagree with some of Michael Specters conclusions. As a counter point on the food issue read The Myth of World Hunger or any of the web sites dealing with myths about world hunger. We currently produce more then enough to feed the world with the primary stumbling block being poverty.


Running a Massive Co-Front.

Originally Posted by iamaru
I have adjusted my spell checkers to stop correcting me for using sceptical and colour.

I agree 100% with that. 50/50 for your views on scepticism. You are certainly taking an NLPish view of it; reacting to the group consensual-reality application of the term rather than the technical definition.

I think that way to often scepticism is misapplied and misunderstood, especially by those that should know better. (Scientists with formal training.) But then the same crowd almost always misapplies and misunderstands Ockham’s Razor as well.

[you]Ockham's Razor:[/you]

Http://math.ucr.edu/home/baez/physi…eral/occam.html

The principle states that “Entities should not be multiplied unnecessarily.”..

Occam\’s razor is often cited in stronger forms than Occam intended, as in the following statements…

“If you have two theories that both explain the observed facts, then you should use the simplest until more evidence comes along”

“The simplest explanation for some phenomenon is more likely to be accurate than more complicated explanations.”

“If you have two equally likely solutions to a problem, choose the simplest.”

“The explanation requiring the fewest assumptions is most likely to be correct.”

The group consensual reality seems as if it’s all we have on the mundane linguistic level. On the one hand we are members of a group who agree that pulling, twisting and squeezing one’s dick will make it longer and fatter. On the other there are millions of people who think that all of this is foolish and potentially dangerous. And the funny thing is that both sides will go to great lengths to prove their point.

I for one wouldn’t want anyone with the latter view even attempting the newbie routine.

I also misapply the term “begs the question”, and my history prof. Friend goes into spasms when I misapply it. I try to defend the usage by saying that I’m using it colloquially, but he won’t have it. Maybe that’s why I don’t get invited to his cocktail parties!

Http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Begging_the_question


Began December 2009 at 5 7/8" length and 5" girth.

As of December 5th 2012 7 3/8" BPEL and 6 1/8" base girth.

Going for the magic 8"x6"

I don’t understand the point of these threads. If you don’t believe in it from reading the overwhelming amount of information available on these boards, nothing anybody posts in your thread is going to convince you otherwise.

That being said, I think few people who stumble on this site instantly swallow everything that’s posted here. The only way to find out is to do what everybody here has done and try it out for yourself. Ultimately, you just have to decide whether or not it’s worth it to you. If you approach it like a tool there are very real risks. If you are careful I don’t think there’s necessarily any more inherent risk in most PE work than in riding your bike to the grocery, but others might disagree. IF you are careful then worst case scenario is you don’t see gains and think this site is bogus, but the best case scenario is a potentially significantly larger member. To me, that is a gamble worth taking.

Also, as others have pointed out, the lack of studies or physicians who support this is not really a reflection on the truth of the claims made here, but rather on the social acceptability of what it is we are doing. Size concerns are pretty much universal in my experience, and by openly addressing them I have no doubt that stuff like this makes a lot of men uncomfortable. Also as mentioned above, physicians will never endorse anything that hasn’t been studied to death and verified repeatedly due to the very real risk of legal consequences. And the lack of studies is reasonably accounted for by the above mentioned fringe aspect of what goes on here, as well as, quite frankly, the fact that compared to the subjects of most large studies (especially in today’s economy/funding environment) PE is a pretty inconsequential focus.

Originally Posted by peteskeys

I don’t understand the point of these threads. If you don’t believe in it from reading the overwhelming amount of information available on these boards, nothing anybody posts in your thread is going to convince you otherwise.

Agree!

Originally Posted by peteskeys

I think few people who stumble on this site instantly swallow everything that’s posted here. The only way to find out is to do what everybody here has done and try it out for yourself.

Agree!

If all these responses don’t make you want to try it, you have to move on and forget about getting a bigger cock! It does no one any good to vacillate like this.


Pre-PE 11/11 BPEL 5.9 EG 5.3

Started PE: 3/12 BPEL 6.0 EG 5.6 * Current: BPEL 7.0 EG 5.9 BPSL 7.4 Nut Lgth 2.5" * Goal: BPEL 7.3 EG 6.3 BPSL 8.00

Mind over matter. All of life is transitional.

What looks like vacillation is actually fear of success/failure.

When there is fear, there has to be education and pointing out the obvious.

It’s obvious that one has nothing to lose when trying something like PE, because the worst thing that can happen is that you get a sore dick for a few days, unless you have deep-rooted issues around sex and your dick, in which case you need a shrink (no pun intended whatsoever).

I have found that my neurosis regarding my dick disappeared after getting an extra inch of length and diamond-hard erections, and I laugh now when I think of how screwed up I’d become listening to my ex belittling me all the time. So in many ways PE has been psychotherapy for me, and I’m sure there are others here who feel similarly.


Began December 2009 at 5 7/8" length and 5" girth.

As of December 5th 2012 7 3/8" BPEL and 6 1/8" base girth.

Going for the magic 8"x6"

I’m new here but thought I would add my view of this topic.

I’ve been doing PE for 2 years now. When I decided to start, I knew it had to be a commitment. I don’t do anything half assed. I’ve gained almost 2 inches in these 2 years. Proof is on the pad of paper I have here in my drawer with measurements. That and a bigger penis in my pants.

I often compare PE to wanting a bigger chest, or bigger arms.. If you think you can just start curling 100lbs dumbbells, you got another thing coming. You need to work your way UP. Nothing comes easy. Dedication and knowing your limits is crucial.

But as others have said, the only drawback I have had is some slight discoloration, which by the way was my own fault from not warming up enough one day and being to aggressive with my training. On the flip side, my EQ is usually through the roof unless I overtrain the night before.

OnMyWayTo10—Fantastic gains, guy! It’s too bad that that kind of success isn’t the norm, but it’s great to see that it happens now and then.

Interesting thing about discoloration: I had an extreme case of it following a nasty injury several years ago. A vein burst mid-jelq (and not an intense jelq at all) just after warming up and right at the start of another session. A massive hematoma was the painful result—painful psychologically as well as physically. I just stopped PE right there, figuring I was too ‘fragile’ to continue what had been working OK up to that point. After the hematoma had resolved, what was left behind was a seriously dark discoloration from the bleed. ‘Great,’ I thought, ‘this is my parting present from trying PE.’ It’s gone now, but it did take 2-3 years to fade away. The body’s clean-up mechanisms can do amazing things.

Some darkening comes from little micro bleeds resulting from intense pressures within the vasculature. Other coloration may be the result of PE-induced inflammation in the skin. Inflammation sets the melanocytes to work making melanin, so your dick can get a sun-free tan, in effect. Both discolorations should fade over time if the penis is no longer worked by PE techniques, but individual results probably vary as much there as in the rest of it.

I’ve got some questions before I get started and I don’t want to start a new thread so:

1) Jelqing. Considering that the penis isn’t even fully erect, and you’re not supposed to go past the head, wouldn’t your penis just end up being an oblong shape instead of cylinder? How do you prevent getting an oddly-shaped penis that’s thinner near the pubic bone?
2) Stretching/Hanging. I’ve heard that all you basically do here is pull on the skin, and indeed that’s what it feels like whenever I tried it. How can you expect to gain length from this? And if that’s not what happens, wouldn’t your only length gains be just because you’re pulling it out of the pelvis, not because you’re actually causing new cell growth?

Top

All times are GMT. The time now is 05:55 PM.