Thunder's Place

The big penis and mens' sexual health source, increasing penis size around the world.

Is penis size random?

12

Is penis size random?

Part 1: The idea
===============================

A thought crossed my mind the other day:

The body gives away a lot about how you live your life. Good lifestyle=good physique. From an evolutionary perspective, physique is important for women to be attracted to you as it gives off the impression that you live a good lifestyle.

Penis size is also important from an evolutionary perspective. Women like a big penis, no doubt.
More length = more chance of pregnancy. More girth = wider vagina = easier for the baby to come out.
(To be honest this is quite bizarre when I see it written down, input welcome).

So since the body and penis play such an important role in evolution, penis size could not just be a random variable. There must be a reason why someone gets stuck with a small one while someone else gets a whopper.

The first obvious answer is genetics. But I propose that it runs deeper than that. I believe that there is a connection between lifestyle and size, just as there is between lifestyle and physique.

I would say that I have lived my life badly. I sat down at a computer when I was about 4, and pretty much didn’t get up for 12 years. And I think that I got stuck with a small one because of it. Perhaps it is a case that my lifestyle meant that I didn’t get the right dose of hormones for my dick to grow enough, perhaps it is something deeper that we don’t understand.

I see a personal connection between my lifestyle and my size. And there are a few more pieces of the puzzle too:

1. I notice that if I eat healthy and exercise more I get harder erections and I’m more horny
2. Good physique = less body fat = smaller fat pad = bigger dick.


Starting: 4.25" NBPEL

Oct 12 2008: 4.5" NBPEL

Please note I have not begin training on my join date (or anywhere near it)

I find your argument problematic for a number of reasons, first and foremost that selective human breeding has never been successful. Specifically, governments in the 1920’s such as in the U.K. and the U.S.A. had programs in place based on the science of “eugenics”. The theory was that undesirable traits could be bred out of society. This led, among other things, to sterilization of some criminals, alcoholics, mental incompetents etc. The Nazis ran with their version of this program, introducing the “Lebensborn” and other means to create a healthier, superior society. In the end, none of it worked, the reason being genetic selection for humans is unfailingly random.

As for mate selection, men are hardwired to seek a certain female physique that is inclined towards healthy procreation. And yes, women look for cues as well, such as status, that help them determine what man is a good catch. However, I would argue that women are more concerned with the support side of procreation such as who is going to pay for baby and his/her needs. In other words, women look for a provider. Looks and other physical aspects are generally secondary, but of course open to being subjective. You suggest women seek a penis with girth to practice for delivering said baby, but this is ludicrous. The largest of penis’ is no where near the size of a baby’s head.

Regarding lifestyle, I can only see it as being incidental to penile development. Whether you spent your formative years in front of the computer or on the rugby pitch has no meaningful connection to the size of your penis. However, rugby players do tend to be bigger dicks! (Ha ha, I should know.) I will agree that diet and exercise are important to penile health and all around physical and mental well being. As well, the lesser the pubic fat pad the more pronounced the penis.

To conclude, the only factors you have in your control to improve upon your penis size are fitness, diet and P.E. And you’ve clearly come to the right place for educated opinion and information on the latter.

Be kinder to yourself for the lifestyle choices you made, because now that you’ve seen the light it only gets better.

All the best to you.


Age: 42 Start date: July 14, 2004 Non-BPEL 5 5/8"; Erect girth, mid shaft, 5", base 5 1/4"

Current stats: BPEL 7.5"; Erect girth, mid-shaft (MSG) 5.25", base (BG) 5.5"

Originally Posted by tamegomaith

Regarding lifestyle, I can only see it as being incidental to penile development. Whether you spent your formative years in front of the computer or on the rugby pitch has no meaningful connection to the size of your penis. However, rugby players do tend to be bigger dicks! (Ha ha, I should know.) I will agree that diet and exercise are important to penile health and all around physical and mental well being. As well, the lesser the pubic fat pad the more pronounced the penis.

I think one thing to consider is that most all doctors believe that you can positively affect penis size during puberty with topical testosterone cream.

I know many of my friends the spent their puberty play sports, working out etc (both natural testosterone increasers) had larger than average sized penises. (Anecdotally speaking) They may be some correlation.

Never seen she-males with huge penises?

Hmm, I think it’s mostly genetic. Any hypothesizing beyond that seems speculative at best.

Originally Posted by nickymdh

Penis size is also important from an evolutionary perspective. Women like a big penis, no doubt.

There’s the fatal flaw in your reasoning. If penis size was really that important, by now, we’d all have 8-inch penises. Anything smaller would have long ago been eliminated from your ‘evolutionary perspective.’ And being that that size is still a very small percentage of the whole, shows it really makes no difference.

There is far too much randomness in any aspect of human appearance to be able to focus on one part of the human body and to say that that part is the main reason for mating. Besides, appearance is fleeting, and has always taken a back seat to the mental aspect of mating. No matter how ‘perfect’ someone is physically (and if you ask 10 people what’s ‘perfect’, you’ll probably get 10 different answers) if you’re not mentally compatible, the mating will not last very long.

So, yes, penis size is random, just like all other aspects of the human animal. And that randomness is not a curse, but a very important part of our development as a species.

Originally Posted by nickymdh
Part 1: The idea
===============================
I sat down at a computer when I was about 4, and pretty much didn’t get up for 12 years. And I think that I got stuck with a small one because of it.

You can’t be serious.


Hog before: 6'' NBPEL; 5'' MSEG---->> Hog now: 7.3" NBPEL; 5 1/4" MSEG; 8.5 BPFSL

Originally Posted by tamegomaith
I find your argument problematic for a number of reasons, first and foremost that selective human breeding has never been successful. Specifically, governments in the 1920’s such as in the U.K. And the U.S.A. Had programs in place based on the science of “eugenics”. The theory was that undesirable traits could be bred out of society. This led, among other things, to sterilization of some criminals, alcoholics, mental incompetents etc. The Nazis ran with their version of this program, introducing the “Lebensborn” and other means to create a healthier, superior society. In the end, none of it worked, the reason being genetic selection for humans is unfailingly random.

As for mate selection, men are hardwired to seek a certain female physique that is inclined towards healthy procreation. And yes, women look for cues as well, such as status, that help them determine what man is a good catch. However, I would argue that women are more concerned with the support side of procreation such as who is going to pay for baby and his/her needs. In other words, women look for a provider. Looks and other physical aspects are generally secondary, but of course open to being subjective. You suggest women seek a penis with girth to practice for delivering said baby, but this is ludicrous. The largest of penis’ is no where near the size of a baby’s head.

Regarding lifestyle, I can only see it as being incidental to penile development. Whether you spent your formative years in front of the computer or on the rugby pitch has no meaningful connection to the size of your penis. However, rugby players do tend to be bigger dicks! (Ha ha, I should know.) I will agree that diet and exercise are important to penile health and all around physical and mental well being. As well, the lesser the pubic fat pad the more pronounced the penis.

To conclude, the only factors you have in your control to improve upon your penis size are fitness, diet and P.E. And you’ve clearly come to the right place for educated opinion and information on the latter.

Be kinder to yourself for the lifestyle choices you made, because now that you’ve seen the light it only gets better.

All the best to you.

If testosterone levels and other hormones influence penis size, which they do, during puberty, then lifestyle cannot be ruled out as a factor. Exercise and diet and exposure to environmental contamination can all affect hormones in the body.

As for genetic selection being “unfailingly random”, I would disagree. There are many possible combinations of genetic material but to imply it’s random without qualification ignores some of the finer points of genetic expression and makes it seem like a dice game or lottery.

Also, there are very effective selective breeding programs, for animals, for plants - to dismiss eugenics as a failure based in part on it’s tainted Nazi war record and to attribute that and other failures to randomness, does a disservice to the achievements of geneticists and the science of genetics. The truth is, every formal eugenics program that is public knowledge has never had enough generational runtime to produce measurable results. But you don’t need to look very far to see the effects of informal eugenics programs in the world. You can find relatively genetically isolated and homogeneous populations on nearly every continent.


4/2008 Bpel 6.50, Beg 5.5, Mseg 4.9

6/2008 Bpel 6.75, Beg 5.5, Mseg 5.1

9/2008 Bpel 7.00, Beg 5.5, Mseg 5.1

I cannot find any empirical evidence supporting the claim that humans can be “bred” for certain characteristics in the same way horses or any other animal or plant can. However, I am open to being persuaded if indeed evidence (facts) can be demonstrated.

Regarding lifestyle, if one were to measure the penis’ of young males, say, who played rugby from ten years of age to eighteen years of age, and compared this group to a group of young males in the same age range who didn’t engage in sports, then that could demonstrate statistically if there indeed is a causal relationship between sport and penis size. Of course one would need a third control group of random young males as a statistical comparison.

Anecdotally, I’m sure we could all find examples from either side of the lifestyle spectrum. For example, the largest erect penis I’ve ever seen in person belonged to a friend who did no sports whatsoever. The smallest erect penis I’ve ever seen in person belong to a rugby front row prop who had been active in sport since a young age.

That said, we are all on this site for a reason, and until scientists can isolate and manipulate the gene for penis size, we’re all doing the best we can with the P.E. knowledge we have acquired.


Age: 42 Start date: July 14, 2004 Non-BPEL 5 5/8"; Erect girth, mid shaft, 5", base 5 1/4"

Current stats: BPEL 7.5"; Erect girth, mid-shaft (MSG) 5.25", base (BG) 5.5"

Originally Posted by tamegomaith
I cannot find any empirical evidence supporting the claim that humans can be “bred” for certain characteristics in the same way horses or any other animal or plant can. However, I am open to being persuaded if indeed evidence (facts) can be demonstrated.


Humans don’t have any special status as organism aside from a (legitimate, I believe) cultural bias against it that precludes selective breeding. Evidence of the effects of semi-selective breeding can be found in (a) hemophilia in royal families due to excessive inbreeding (an undesirable trait, granted, but proof of selection nonetheless); (b) Ethnicities and “hybrid vigor”: “races” remain “pure” due to selective breeding only with similar phenotypes, thus preserving traits like blue eyes and lack of melanin—both recessive genes that are suppressed by breeding with someone “of color” (possessing melanin), or brown eyes (dominant genes.) Hybrid vigor also holds for humans as with other organisms. That is to say, the offspring of parents with widely divergent phenotypes tend to have the best traits of both parents, and be more vigorous (assuming of course that both parents are healthy specimens.) Humans generally practice “selective” breeding by choosing their mates (or having their mates chosen for them by their parents.)

Apparently there is some truth to the argument that female humans have selected for larger penesis, since do we have very large genetalia for primates (that is, averaging between 5 and 7 inches.)

Okay, so we can pass down some nasty diseases, I agree. However, a horse breeder would be out of business is he had the same hit and miss “luck” with race horses as human males have in the genetic penis lottery. Regarding “…the argument that female humans have selected for larger penises….”, well, there would be an awful lot of single men if penis size was a significant determining factor in mate selection.


Age: 42 Start date: July 14, 2004 Non-BPEL 5 5/8"; Erect girth, mid shaft, 5", base 5 1/4"

Current stats: BPEL 7.5"; Erect girth, mid-shaft (MSG) 5.25", base (BG) 5.5"

You seem to have missed both of the major points of my post.

Point 1: Humans are not an exception when it comes to basic biology. The example of hemophilia in royals was simply to show that heredity (the cornerstone of breeding) is in play in humans as in all other organisms. A human breeding program that had other priorities than simply passing on “royal” genes would lead to other ends.

Point 2: Humans have exceptionally large genetalia for primates. To rephrase: human females have selected and determined the average size of the human male unit to be between 5 and 7 inches in length, because, for whatever reason(s) that is the optimal average size range for human vaginas, and for primates that’s a pretty big average size. The average human penis is BIG. I’m not saying penis size is a big determining factor in mate selection. On the contrary, I’m saying that the average human penis is already large enough to satisfy the average human female, because it has already been selected for as optimal. That’s precisely why it’s average. :)

But now we’re getting into the distinction between natural selection and selective breeding. If you wanted to breed a human male with a statistically much larger than average unit, you would simply simple find a female whose father and/or brothers had much larger than average units, breed her with a male with a much larger than average unit, and then breed the male offspring with the largest unit with a another female who had male relatives with larger than average units. “Normally” you would “back breed” in the F2 or F3 generations with one or both of the F1 parents, but if the ends didn’t justify the means, you could eventually achieve something close to the desired end result of a “pure bred” well-hung breed by just continually selecting males with large units and females with large male relatives for 10 or so generations. However, without periodic back breeding and occasional crossing of siblings, you would not get a true pure breed, since the continual introduction of new genes (randomness) in every successive generation could (almost certainly) lead to a reversion to “weediness” once the conscious breeding program ended, though there would still be a statistically higher probability of succeeding generations of males being larger or much larger than average (with the probability increasing with each successive generation that the program continued.) This scenario holds true for all organisms that undergo similar breeding programs. It’s basically Mendellian. :)

Originally Posted by nickymdh
Part 1: The idea
===============================

A thought crossed my mind the other day:

The body gives away a lot about how you live your life. Good lifestyle=good physique. From an evolutionary perspective, physique is important for women to be attracted to you as it gives off the impression that you live a good lifestyle.

Penis size is also important from an evolutionary perspective. Women like a big penis, no doubt.
More length = more chance of pregnancy. More girth = wider vagina = easier for the baby to come out.
(To be honest this is quite bizarre when I see it written down, input welcome).

More length does not create better chance of pregnancy. Where did you get that? Higher sperm count and greater frequency of sexual intercourse give greater chance of pregnancy. You can cum on your GF’s pussy lips and she can get pregnant! Those bastards swim.

Greater girth makes having a baby easier? Do you know how big babies are? The vagina sizes to fit. If you have a big dick and you fuck a chick for 20 years it will nott create any permanent size changes in her twat. Just like penis size, pussy size is genetic. She may appear looser or tighter, depending on PC muscle strength , but it is the size it is. Also, having a lot of sex won’t make her get loose. That’s a myth.

Also, having a beefcake physique doesn’t mean you’ll have a big dick. Lots of muscular guys have little peckers and a lot of skinny runts are hung like hell. There is no connection, there.

Also, looks don’t matter as much to women as men- notice all the fat and ugly guys you see with hot GFs and wives. Women look for behavioral traits that show strength and the ability to defend and provide for a family. Women go for self confident alfa-male types. Even though they will often consciously deny it, they are genetically designed to look for this type of man.

In a similar way, men all over the world, whether they like their women fat or skinny , prefer a certain hip to waist ration. This ratio, it turns out, is the ratio that gives the easiest childbirth. I don’t care how far some people think we have raised ourselves above nature, nature made us a certain way and that is the way we are. Yes, Virginia, there is instinctive behavior in humans.

Also, they aren’t necessarily all that concerned with how “well” you live your life, unless you look to pick up chicks at the healthfood store.

Originally Posted by nickymdh
So since the body and penis play such an important role in evolution, penis size could not just be a random variable. There must be a reason why someone gets stuck with a small one while someone else gets a whopper.

The first obvious answer is genetics. But I propose that it runs deeper than that. I believe that there is a connection between lifestyle and size, just as there is between lifestyle and physique.

I would say that I have lived my life badly. I sat down at a computer when I was about 4, and pretty much didn’t get up for 12 years. And I think that I got stuck with a small one because of it. Perhaps it is a case that my lifestyle meant that I didn’t get the right dose of hormones for my dick to grow enough, perhaps it is something deeper that we don’t understand.

Originally Posted by nickymdh

Again, reality does not bear out your concept. I , personally, know two guys with big dicks that have both lived a terrible life. The one has been an alcoholic since early teen years, it recently killed him, and the other has been a big drinker and smoker for all his life. He’s also had a weight problem, off and on, during most of his life. Niether one is even close to what you’d call healthy.

I see a personal connection between my lifestyle and my size. And there are a few more pieces of the puzzle too:

1. I notice that if I eat healthy and exercise more I get harder erections and I’m more horny
2. Good physique = less body fat = smaller fat pad = bigger dick.

Well, to address the easiest one first, having less of a fat pad makes your dick look bigger than if you have a big fat pad, but it doesn’t make your actual dick bigger.

On the other count, having strong erections is not related to having a big dick. I’m sure there are a lot of guys with itty bitty peckers that get hard as hell. However, overall physical condition does effect erection quality. So, yes, if you exercise and eat right, your erection quality will improve, but it won’t make your dick bigger.

One final note about this whole idea. The human race is not quite as subject to physical natural selection as is other species. For one thing, we are horny as hell all of the time. Basically, we’ll fuck anything. That means that even ugly and deformed people have a chance to reproduce. That’s why there are still ugly people. Most species of animal are more selective about their mates, in that respect.

Secondly, up until recent generations, most women were taught to look for men who’d be a good provider. This rewarded a certain behavior type, and it is being shown more and more , recently, how behavior might just be ,somewhat, genetically determined. However, since it is true, there is someone for everyone, even behavior pickiness doesn’t keep men, who are not up to par, from spawning young. Most women aren’t as selective as they used to be, now that certain social responsibilities have been removed from their shoulders , by women’s lib…ie: it is sexist to think a woman should be the one to be selective and to say no. This has made it so that humans are a lot less selective, in their breeding than ever before, because men certainly haven’t stepped up to fill that role. We still fuck anything with a wet pussy.

Also, because of our extreme horniness (see above) we tend to fuck even when reproduction is not desired. This , also, helps to deter natural selection, since people are often less picky about one night stands and flings, than they are about the person they marry. How many times have you, or someone you’ve known, said ” I’d fuck her but I wouldn’t date/marry her”? Women aren’t much different.

Before the middle ages, in Europe, family and friends would point a young man in the direction of a fitting woman and her family would help guide her to choosing a fitting mate. During such a social situation, selective breeding might have some effect on humans.

This type of mate choosing turned into prearranged marriages for nobility, during the medieval period. This led to romantic unhappiness in a lot of upperclass marriages. Weddings were arranged for financial, political, or status reasons, not more practical reasons of compatability. This led to the idea of ” romantic love”. Romantic love is blind. Since the idea of romantic love took over our society, any possibility of natural selection was , pretty much, eliminated from our species. We breed with whomever we choose, no matter how poor a choice they are, because we are ” in love” with them.

I used to think that longer meant more chance of pregnancy and, girls wanted to just that. Thats when I realized the guy in our crew with the littlest weiner was getting the most. He’s one horny kid that for sure.

My thoughts denote that pregnancy is more a product of how often sexual intercourse occurs. Thats why really horny guys seems to get alot of girls. Sure there are porn star exceptions, but I wonder how much of that crap is fake the older I get. Thats why

I think penis size is mostly genetic.

Top
12
Similar Threads 
ThreadStarterForumRepliesLast Post
The Size at which a Penis is Too Big: Info from 3rd Channel 4 DocumanteryMr. FPenis Enlargement5204-16-2007 03:21 AM

All times are GMT. The time now is 11:06 PM.