Thunder's Place

The big penis and mens' sexual health source, increasing penis size around the world.

How to Correctly measure LENGTH and GIRTH

How to Correctly measure LENGTH and GIRTH

I have learned that you measure length from the top of the penis and girth at mid-shaft. But I have seen people suggest and even guys post pics on here where they measure length from the side and girth from the base

For eg. (Length)
Http://www.mraverage.com/measure.htm
Based on illustrations they are suggesting to place the ruler (measuring device) at the side of the penis

(Girth)
These two links (one being a yahoo top answer) suggest measuring girth at the base
Http://www.askmen.com/sports/health/4_mens_health.html
Http://answers.yahoo.com/question/i…&paid=add_watch

Can we once and for all just settle any debate .. Because measuring fro m the side typically gives you larger numbers and in general many penis bases are larger (or same size) as mid-shaft.

SO:
1) Where do you measure
A) length from - from top, side, bottom
B) girth from - mid-shaft, base, glans, combination of all three

2) Why do we take into account Bone-pressed length if it’s not being used .. Even if your fat pad covers up some of your length, it’s still not being used during penetration anyway, so why is it even taken into consideration, NBPEL is a lot more realistic.

Love to get these answers once and for all so I can know how to properly measure and track any gains

Originally Posted by dculo
Why do we take into account Bone-pressed length if it’s not being used .. Even if your fat pad covers up some of your length, it’s still not being used during penetration anyway, so why is it even taken into consideration, NBPEL is a lot more realistic.

This tells me that you already suspect the answer to your other questions. Guys use base girth for their official girth measurement and measure length from the side for one reason only. They want to turn a legit 6x5”er into a bogus 7x5.5”er.

The reason we use PB measurements in these forums is purely for PE purposes, so that guys can accurately track their gains.


Running a Massive Co-Front.

Originally Posted by dculo
I have learned that you measure length from the top of the penis and girth at mid-shaft. But I have seen people suggest and even guys post pics on here where they measure length from the side and girth from the base

For eg. (Length)
Http://www.mraverage.com/measure.htm
Based on illustrations they are suggesting to place the ruler (measuring device) at the side of the penis.


The text below the image on Mr. Average clearly says “directly above your penis.”

As for the girth question, you lost me at Yahoo! Answers. :morose:


Keep an open mind and a closed wallet... unless it\'s open to making a donation!


Last edited by cantlook : 04-21-2012 at .

Originally Posted by cantlook
The text below the image on Mr. Average clearly says “directly above your penis.”

As for the girth question, you lost me at Yahoo! Answers. :Morose:

I had two links regarding girth, one from a legitimate site

Originally Posted by dculo
I had two links regarding girth, one from a legitimate site


Yes, the other was a a link to askmen.com, which seems to me to be an online version of Cosmopolitan (only for men).

I would consider neither one a “legitimate” site for getting facts about PE.

You had got me on a bad day, and my response at the time could have been more descriptive and helpful than it was.

I apologize. :)

If you are looking for the right way to measure, look here on TP, not on sites that are writing stories purely to get hits and sell advertising space next to the article.


Keep an open mind and a closed wallet... unless it\'s open to making a donation!

It’s simple. On Thunders, the main reason we measure is to track our gains as accurately as possible, not to show off. Ideally, you’d measure your girth in several places.

Length is measured bone pressed from the top because the pubic bone forms a more or less flat (and fixed) surface perpendicular to the penis, which makes reproducing the measurement in an exact way easier. In addition, the only thing covering the pubic bone is soft and compressible, whereas you have muscles near the sides of the base.

Had an idea for an erect penis adjustable length measuring guage. Thought it might take a lot of the “eyeballing” out of penis measurement.

The downside is that it would be much more expensive than a ruler. The upside is accuracy, repeatability and ease of use.

Anyone think there might be a place for something like this? Is a great amount of accuracy even needed?

This is a rough and out of proportion draft but I think it gets the idea across

Comments and opinions are most welcome.

- DGA’s Loads of Rest Routine!

Top
Similar Threads 
ThreadStarterForumRepliesLast Post
Penis Size: The True AveragePara-GoombaPenis Enlargement151111-14-2017 10:51 AM
Does Big Girth Kill Length Gains?ModestoManPenis Enlargement5912-18-2016 09:22 PM
Gain on girth is more diffcult than gain on length??GAXPenis Enlargement803-17-2010 11:51 AM
Question re. Length vs. Girth (Length:Girth)Mr. FPenis Pumps512-20-2005 07:48 PM
Length and girth on same dayteddyukPenis Enlargement Basics410-13-2005 03:03 PM

All times are GMT. The time now is 06:46 AM.