Helpful Jelqing Information
I am a proud member of PEGym, and several years back I made this thread. Hopefully guys here will find it useful also.
Some random thoughts from a six plus year vet that I hope some will find useful. I’ll add to this as I go.
UPDATE: Let me first make clear that the following is my personal theory, not established fact. I believe that the original format for jelqing in sets comes from the traditional way of lifting. While lifting one cannot do one long set because of muscle fatigue in part caused by lactic acid and carbon dioxide build up, so smaller sets are incorporated into it. Jelqing however is very different. Girth increases within smooth muscle cells comes from the cells enlarging to a point where they cannot feed or eliminate waste effectively, and are forced to undergo cell division or mitosis. Where once stood a single cell you now have two. When doing your jelqing routine in sets I believe that a lot of reps are wasted because of it. Here is why I feel that way. You jelq X number of times, and as you do you are fatiguing the cells. The more they are fatigued (within reason of course) the easier it is to enlarge them temporarily. The larger they get while you are jelging the greater chance that when they finally come to rest they will be minimally larger than before. Eventually they will come to rest at a size that requires them to divide. However, if you are doing sets instead of one long single set, each time you stop you are allowing them to “rest and recover” at least a little, and perhaps even more. Therefore, when you begin your next set and the set after that, you need to waste reps getting the cells back to the fatigued state you already had them in before stopping. I strongly believe that it is far more efficient to simply keep pounding those bad boys and not letting them rest or recover until you are completely finished. That might mean you need to reduce the number of overall reps you are presently doing because this is a significant change to how you handled your unit before, and the overall fatigue level might require an early finish to your routine. Like all conditioning however, eventually you will be able to add more reps if you care to.
General rules regarding jelqing:
1) it is believed that jelqing below an erection level of 35% will produce some length gains at the cost of some girth gains
2) a rule of thumb for maximum girth gains is an erection level between approximately 40% - 70%
3) jelqing fully erect is frowned on due to the increased chance of injury
4) depending on the inner structure of your penis, some have made length gains and girth gains from jelqing, some have only seen girth gains
5) intensity of the grip and jelq motion must be determined by each individual. Some use a light grip while others use a very firm grip. I use a firm grip so that I pushed the maximum amount of blood, and because it helps keep blood from slipping behind my grip as I jelq. One argument against a firm grip is that it might increase the chance of an injury.
6) standing, sitting or lying down also comes down to preference. I stand because it helps me focus on what I am doing (sitting usually has me in front of my computer which is a distraction). Also, standing gives me better access to my pubic bone area and my testicles are easier to work around.
7) direction of the regular jelq is also left up to each individual. I jelq downwards (penis glans pointing toward floor) as I let gravity help me pull blood into my glans, and I also get a stronger pulling force while jelqing in that direction - but others feel differently about that. Traditional V’s are done with a stroking motion that has your glans pointing upwards as you finish.
If you can’t maintain enough erection while jelqing:
1) cut back on masturbation - remember - horny is good
2) make sure your unit isn’t trying to tell you that it has been overworked lately
3) make sure your sessions don’t run too long and/or aren’t too intense
4) make sure you are not distracted, overly tired, not feeling well or stressed out
5) if you really don’t feel like doing PE at this time, do it tomorrow
6) erection levels can fluctuate during a session, keep going to see if it gets harder again
7) lower erection levels may help in length gains
8) make several strong kegels, get your grip, then hold the kegel as you jelq - repeat as necessary. If after a couple of kegels you still don’t reach the erection level you want, continue jelqing, but between jelqs repeat the kegels. It might take a few strokes with kegeling to get the necessary blood in. Also, like I mentioned before, don’t just kegel and release. Hold the kegel as you jelq. It will help draw more blood in behind the jelq. At the end of the jelq, release the kegel, than kegel again.
9) look at your unit as you jelq (standing in front of a large mirror is great), watch as it changes while you jelq. Enjoy how the jelqing motion feels on your penis. Make the whole thing as erotic as you need or want to. Imagine precum dripping from the end of your unit, think what it would be like if that good looking girl down the street “accidentally” walked in on you while your bad boy was so puffed up from the effects of your jelqing session. All of these images will make it more erotic, thus improve you chances of increasing erection level.
10) while everyone is different, if my erection level drops below where I want it, often times simply swaying my hips and letting my penis slap against my thighs a few times gets it right back up. Also, when reapplying moisture, don’t just wet your fingers and keep going, you can slowly move the moisture around your shaft and enjoy how good your penis feels in your hands
11) less lube will increase sensitivity which may help with maintaining the level you want
12) some use porn, some feel it is better to stay away from it - but might help initially
If you get too hard while jelqing:
1) newbies often have this happen, a few sessions may help in calming down
2) masturbation or sex a few hours prior can help initially - horny is bad in this situation
3) erection levels can fluctuate during a session, keep going to see if it gets softer
4) higher erection levels target girth more effectively (too hard can lead to injury)
5) try not to look at your unit or think about jelqing in any kind of sexual manner
6) try using some form of distraction (music, random thoughts, tv, especially, try thinking about the Cleveland Indians or Browns(this one is guaranteed to work!, etc.)
7) more lube makes the jelq less sensitive to the touch
8) stop for a few moments and try to relax, while stopped incorporate #’s 5 and 6 above
Reducing skin pull when jelqing:
1) use a good water based lube, reapply lube as needed and keep your unit and fingers moist at all times
2) if doing regulars, make sure to add lube to the inside of your thumbs and pointing fingers; if doing V’s, add lube to the inside of your pointing and middle fingers
3) downward directional jelqs (penis pointed toward the floor rather then straight out or up) stress the upper ligs, which in turn keeps the skin on your shaft tighter
4) as you approach your glans, suck your stomach in slowly (gut or no gut) to help pull skin back
5) a lighter grip may be needed (at least just before reaching your glans)
6) higher erection levels will help tighten your shaft’s skin
7) some skin pull is good as it will be the source of new skin needed later for length and girth growth
8) as you approach your glans, other hand at base can be used to pull skin tight
9) warming up prior to your session makes your skin very pliable. Try not warming up and you will have less skin pull
Intentionally adding skin by glans:
1) If you are looking to add extra skin by your glans you can dry jelq without any lube or moisture
2)Use lube and moister, but add additional water less often
3)By doing both regular and V jelqs you will add a uniform amount of skin around your glans
4)More friction helps to make it easier to jelq slowly
5)With skin bundling up near your glans you can do a jelq and stretch because you won’t be touching your glans since the extra skin will act as a barrier between your grip and your glans. Jelq to your glans, then hold your grip there so that you are stretching your unit
6)Using more friction while you jelq can lead to turkey neck, in which case you need to decide if the positives outweigh the negative
How do I know if I am effectively jelqing?
Many guys here ask how do they know if their girth routine is being done correctly or is effective, and there are several areas you can look at which will help you with that determination. These simple tests will tell you if you are effectively moving blood up your shaft, but even if you are, there could still be room for improvement in technique or intensity levels. If an exercise doesn’t seem to be moving blood, it could be an error on your part with technique, or maybe you think you are squeezing hard enough, but you’re not. Maybe due to a physical limitation certain exercises won’t be as effective for you. If this is the case then alternatives can be sought out.
Several tests that will tell you if your jelqing routine is effective or not are the following:
1) for either the V’s or regulars, leave your first jelq grip at the base of your glans (squeeze firmly) and start your second jelq. You should feel the fingers near your glans start to expand. This is caused by the increased blood flow being created by the second jelqing motion you are starting at your base.
2) touch your glans as you approach it with a jelq. The harder your glans feels to the touch, the more blood you have effectively moved into it.
3) look at your urethra opening (pee hole) after you are finished with your jelqing session. If the area around it is puffed up, this indicates you had an effective session and your glans is still swollen with blood from the routine.
4) Look at the color of your glans before you start your routine and then compare it when you are finished. It should be darker in color, a clear indication that extra blood was forced into it.
5) another good sign of a well done jelq is when the area below your jelqing stroke remains pale looking, while the area above the jelq is darker in color. This indicates you are pushing blood up your shaft, while not letting much escape below it.
6) when you are done your entire shaft should be much redder in color and substantially puffier than normal. This is another indication of good blood flow.
7) know what your mid girth is at different flaccid lengths (since flaccid size varies so often). After your routine measure your length and then the corresponding mid girth measurement. If your normal mid girth size is say 4” when your flaccid length is 4 3/4”, and after your routine your mid girth is more than 4” at that 4 3/4” length, guess what, your whole unit is expanded from your solid girth routine.
8) finish a jelq and keep your grip at the base of your glans. Now kegel once or twice, hold it and get your next grip firmly established at your base (while keeping your other grip firmly established at the base of your glans). Alternate squeezing one of the grips while slightly releasing the other grip. Sort of teeter totter between grips squeezing and releasing. You should feel a lot of blood flowing back and forth between the grips. That is the same blood you are jelqing into your glans, and lets you know you are doing things well.
9) when I finish if I try to squeeze my glans to open my urethra (piss hole), it doesn’t open because my glans is puffed up with blood. This just may be the best and simplest test to see if you have forced a large amount of blood up into your glans.
Last edited by rbi99 : 06-17-2015 at .