Between heat and stretching, I often light stretch with what I call the “crankshaft” stretch. I haven’t seen it in the tutorials. If anyone has thoughts, please chime in!
1. Start right hand, full under hand grip with thumb right under glans and pinkie towards the base.
2. Stretch forward.
3. Rotate counterclockwise with glans still pointed forward.
4. Rotate 10x.
5. Remove pinkie, so that you’re rotating with thumb, index, middle and ring finger.
6. Rotate 10x.
7. Remove ring finger.
8. Repeat until you’re left with an OK grip, using only the thumb and index.
9. Switch hands.
Each rotation takes me about 2 seconds. I’m thinking about varying this time.
* I tend to like dynamic stretches.
* Has built-in fulcrums. These stretch different points along the shaft.
* Fairly quick.
* Only one hand required.
* Routine flexibility - can change number of rotations, handedness, time of rotation, angles, etc.
* You tell me!