Thunder's Place

The big penis and mens' sexual health source, increasing penis size around the world.

Seriously why is circumcision still done today

Thread Closed

Originally Posted by Heat89
Estimates are that no more than 40% of males in the world are circumcised.

Excuse my ignorance, I was speaking generally about American culture, where until the 80s circumcision rates of newborn males were as high as 80 percent. I am aware that less than 5% of newborn males born in Europe, South America, Central America, Africa, and Asia are circumcised, but obviously in America such a statistic wouldn’t apply.

It is a good sign that the trend of circumcision of newborn males is falling. However, the majority of sexually active American males were born in the 80s or earlier so cut penises are still more common today.


really big. want the biggest.

Originally Posted by Heat89
Estimates are that no more than 40% of males in the world are circumcised.


That’s the highest estimate I’ve ever seen. Most range from 20% to 33%. The lowest number that seemed supported by reason was 15% of the world’s families circumcising today. I do know that about 3/4 of the circimcised men on earth were cut in conformance to Islam, which is odd since genital cutting (for either gender) is NOT mentioned in the Qur’an.

Cheers,
-Ron

Originally Posted by fistfulloinches
Sigh. I don’t really care what the arguments are for or against circumcision. It should have been my choice.

I’m glad that adult men can have done to their bodies whatever pleases them. But I can’t get my head around people making the choice for other men that happen to not be grown yet. What the pro-mutilation people seem to not get is that if a percentage of the adult population disagrees with them then their son may well grow up to be one of those people. Is it then still not his right to his own opinion on the matter when he’s 37 and looking down at a penis you made with your wonderful decision? Because he is your son you get to do whatever you feel is ok with his body do you? So the guy next door one ups you and cuts his kid's arms off to save him getting sweaty arm pits later in life, do you disagree or nod sagely that a father knows best?

HAHAHAHAHA, fucking awesome!

I know..

Originally Posted by ShredFest
Cutting off a fairly important part of your junk will not make you cleaner. Washing it will.

Saying a circumcision is more likely to lead to a viral infection is like saying your tonsils will. Sure it’s true, but it’s still a very stupid reason to take them out/cut it off as one of it’s main reasons for existing is to stop germs from getting inside of you.

But the foreskin also serves the same purpose as an eyelid. Keep things lubricated, healthy and happy. It is a fact that if you are cut that your head dries out and becomes less sensitive. This doesn’t mean sex doesn’t still feel good, it just doesn’t feel as good. Think about that for a second. Think about how good sex is supposed to feel now. Kind of seems really mean to take that away.

There is also one genetic defect in the penis that can only be fixed by use of the foreskin. I can’t remember it’s name but it is where the opening of your penis isn’t where it’s supposed to be it down the head or even on the shaft in some cases if I remember correctly. Only way to fix it is with the foreskin. I think most chicks would be more freaked out by that, then a guy is is you know.built the way he is supposed to be.

I’m tired of posting why circumcision should be rightly called genital mutilation so I’ll leave with some links to government websites and task forces and other national agencies/group and whatnot:

Http://www.cps.ca/english/statements/FN/fn96-01.htm
Http://www.canadiancrc.com/Circumci…e_Children.aspx
Http://www.circumcision.org/
Http://www.nocirc.org/
Http://www.intact.ca/video.html
Http://www.icgi.org/

This is no laughing matter and it needs to stop.

This is what I don’t understand in the first place. Every time I come across one of these threads, I just think… ???? Anyone who believes that cutting off a part of the penis will benefit you is deluded. Not to offend anyone directly, but everyone who HAS been circumsized mainly leads towards that because they haven’t experienced the other side, needless to say that’s not the other way around.

I really don’t care what supposed “benefits” of circumcision are, that’s bullshit. If you clean your penis, you won’t get any bacteria, simple. Cutting off part of your penis won’t suddenly make you clean, nor will it help you with any STD’s.

Name a part on your body that will function at it’s best after mutilation.

Circumcision, at the end of the day, no matter what anyone says, is pretty much personal choice, appearance and to “fit in”. Yes, you could argue with me, but if you look past all those supposed benefits none of them will directly protect you unless you do what you’re supposed to do in the first place, catch my drift?

To be honest, circumsion is aimed at hobo’s. =[ They can’t wash and probably masturbate.


I'm here because I can be.


Last edited by Razarei : 05-21-2009 at .

Originally Posted by Acid Jazz
Not in every case. Our boys were circumcised because my wife and I CHOSE to circumcise them. It had zero to do with religion or old habits. We both agree, that a cut penis looks better and is easier maintenance. Hell, are we going to start getting irritated at women who shave their pussy’s. A big ol’ bushel of hair is how nature intended it, so if they shave it, shame on them? I don’t think so. I happen to like what a shaved vagina looks and feels like.

In fact I’m gonna start a thread on this.

I’m sorry but for that comparison I have to call you a complete idiot.


I'm here because I can be.

Wow this is a very interesting topic >.<
Too bad I might be dumb enough to answer it..

I also agree that it is the choice of the individual whether he gets cut or not, but in a place were there are so many misconceptions about it’s benefits and practically a prejudice of some sort, even the individual will be force to get cut..

Maybe it’s just the psychie >.<

Ask the men with a “Buried Penis”(google it, very interesting) how they feel about their infant circumcision, I bet a lot of guys on this site probably unknowingly suffer from a mild to severe form of this because their parents CHOSE to have them circumcised.

Turkey Necks, hairy shafts, uncomfortable erections, SHORTER PENIS’ just some of the effects of infant/child circumcision.

Originally Posted by Boomslang
Ask the men with a “Buried Penis”(google it, very interesting) how they feel about their infant circumcision, I bet a lot of guys on this site probably unknowingly suffer from a mild to severe form of this because their parents CHOSE to have them circumcised.
Turkey Necks, hairy shafts, uncomfortable erections, SHORTER PENIS’ just some of the effects of infant/child circumcision.

Boomslang you are ill-informed.

Circumcision does not lead to shorter penis as what you have is what you have.

I hate when threads like this are made as they are pointless and ultimately it is your decision if you wish to have circumcision or not so trying to add “facts” onto how many newborn boys have had the technique holds no substance.

Personally I am circumcised and I love it as I do not have to worry about skin maintainence etc that comes with having that extra foreskin.

All in all it is your own decision but in my opinion I dont really see much of a downside to being cut.


Started: NBPEL 5.5 == EG: 5

Current: NBPEL 7.5 == EG: 6

Goal: NBPEL 8 == EG: 6

Well, for the record, I am circumsized and wouldn’t have it any other way. I’m thankful it was done as a child so that I wouldn’t have to consider having a doctor cut on my adult dong.lol

The few women that I have spoken to about this (or overheard them speaking amongst themselves) think uncircumsized dicks look “strange.” Of course, thats just anecdotal, I haven’t done any research. Also, I have watched a good amount of porn and I rarely see uncut guys in there (comparatively).

This is a damn interesting discussion though.

Originally Posted by mrlength
Boomslang you are ill-informed.

Circumcision does not lead to shorter penis as what you have is what you have.

I hate when threads like this are made as they are pointless and ultimately it is your decision if you wish to have circumcision or not so trying to add “facts” onto how many newborn boys have had the technique holds no substance.

Personally I am circumcised and I love it as I do not have to worry about skin maintainence etc that comes with having that extra foreskin.

All in all it is your own decision but in my opinion I don’t really see much of a downside to being cut.


Probably worded wrong, I did not mean Circumcision will AUTOMATICALLY give you a shorter penis. FACT: AGGRESSIVE Circumcision can lead to a shorter penis, and MANY people are aggressively circumcised. I speak from personal experience.
Ultimately Infant Circumcision is NOT a CHOICE.

I was circumcised as an infant, but I am disappointed that I was not given a choice. My penis, my choice.

grower2shower - I’m guessing the women you have discussed this with are from the US where circumcision is widely practised. If they lived in a society where most men were not circumcised, their views would probably be different. Also, with porn, circumcised or not, most men look remarkably similar when they’re erect. BTW, if you watch European porn, you may notice that most of the men are usually intact - it’s a cultural thing.

lil1 :lep:


BPEL (5") | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | *20cm* (8")

MTSL (5") | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | *25cm* (10") MTSL = Maximum Traction Stretched Length

"Pertinaciously pursuing a penis of preposterously prodigious proportions." What a mouthful!

Originally Posted by Razarei
I’m sorry but for that comparison I have to call you a complete idiot.

Do you know me? Do I know you?

I would say watch what you say, and how you speak to people here. You obviously don’t have the intellect to argue the issue itself.

Don’t act like a punk because this is an anonymous forum. Argue the ISSUE. Name calling is for the weak minded.

Also, read the entire thread before you start spouting off. My post was in response to another post stating that religion is why circumcision is done.

It is amazing how angry and irrational many of the uncut guys on this forum get, when talking to the cut guys here.

BTW, I have hair on my shaft and a slight turkey neck. Frankly, I never knew the difference, and I have never had an issue with sex being extremely pleasurable


Paraphrased: It is not the critic who counts: The credit belongs to the man in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood, who strives valiantly, who errs and comes up short again and again, who, at the best, knows the triumph of high achievement, and who, at the worst, if he fails, at least he fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who knew neither victory nor defeat.

Originally Posted by lil12big1
I was circumcised as an infant, but I am disappointed that I was not given a choice. My penis, my choice.

grower2shower - I’m guessing the women you have discussed this with are from the US where circumcision is widely practised. If they lived in a society where most men were not circumcised, their views would probably be different. Also, with porn, circumcised or not, most men look remarkably similar when they’re erect. BTW, if you watch European porn, you may notice that most of the men are usually intact - it’s a cultural thing.

lil1 :lep:

That’s exactly true. In fact, I took for granted that people would understand thats what I meant. I was saying that since beauty is often a cultural opinion, I would rather have the advantage of stepping into the game with what my partners will likely prefer. Most of my partners will be young, American women.

I’ll put my opinion forward. Reasons for getting circumcised.

Unless your Jewish circumcision isn’t really done for religious reasons, since no one is really religious anymore (at leased not people my age. Gen Y).
The whole tradition and old values reason. Doing it just because it was done to me. This reason has no merit at all in my opinion. It’s like someone saying “yes/no” then you ask “why” and they just say “because”, end of argument.
The increased risk of std/sti reason. Since we should all be using condoms which prevent this, this argument is also basically rendered irrelevant. And it’s not like being cut drops the risks to zero either.

Which leaves us with. It’s cleaner, there is less maintenance and It looks better. The three main points which are used by cut guys, who say they are happy being cut, to justify whats been done to them.

First off, It’s cleaner.
If two guys didn’t wash for a month then maybe the cut guy would be a bit cleaner but they would BOTH still be far from clean. If they both recently washed I don’t see any reason for one being cleaner then the other. Just like the std argument being cut doesn’t make you immune to being unclean, you still should and still have to wash.

There is less maintenance.
This is one that just makes me laugh. All you have to do under the shower is pull back the skin and rinse. It takes seconds and it’s just one of those things you do without thinking. Hardly some sort of chore as it’s made out to be.

It looks better.
I guess this one I can’t really argue logically since beauty is in the eye of the beholder. But the pic that was posted before showing the difference. Http://img.chan4chan.com/img/2009-0…33606097971.jpg To me it is night and day. I just don’t understand how cut “looks” better. If someone would care to explain specifically why, because the only reason I ever hear is an American who’s used to seeing cut saying “I just looks weired”.


Start Jan08 7.20 X 5.35 BP ----> NOW 9.75 X 6.50 BP

8.75NP 6.8BaseEG. The Krod Pics thread

Top
Thread Closed

All times are GMT. The time now is 08:46 AM.