Thunder's Place

The big penis and mens' sexual health source, increasing penis size around the world.

Lasting effects from Propecia

Yes this might be a case where DHT gel (Andractim) might actually work due to the up-regulation of androgen receptors.

The rest of us who had a “normal” puberty have had our penile receptors greatly shut down (down-regulate) when puberty ended, therefore the DHT application does nothing to the penile size (although it does seem to do a good job with maintaining cellular function as well as libido - just like good nutrition and exercise would).

But if your puberty never had proper closure, so to speak, you might be an excellent candidate for trying DHT application.

Everyone pretty much gets it the same way: through allsaintsclinic.org
the first time it costs more money because of the mandatory purchase of a prostate screening kit for safety. It also takes time because it is being shipped from England but I think it might be worth a try in your case.

Hi guys

I used Propecia for 4 months ,after I notice my balls were shrinking and lack of libido I stop taking it .it’s been almost 4 months that I have stoped taking it but my erection is still 60 percent with no morning woods also I noticed some tiny red veins on my balls.

Does anybody experienced these problems ? Are they going away? Cause it is very annoying. Any ideas how I can get rid of it?

Thank you guys.

Originally Posted by koskesh8585
Hi guys
I used Propecia for 4 months ,after I notice my balls were shrinking and lack of libido I stop taking it .it’s been almost 4 months that I have stoped taking it but my erection is still 60 percent with no morning woods also I noticed some tiny red veins on my balls.
Does anybody experienced these problems ? Are they going away? Cause it is very annoying. Any ideas how I can get rid of it?
Thank you guys.

Just to balance things up; I have been taking Propecia for 18 months and my night and morning wood is off the scale! On the downside, my cum loads are very much reduced.

This stuff is poison guys. I am extremely against Propecia/Accutane- use it at your own risk. The foolish physicians who influence their patients should be condemned, their medical licenses revoked.

I advise you guys to read this thread:
Accutane and PE


I started taking Propecia when I was 18. When I was 20 I developed Peyronie’s Disease. I’m just one guy posting on a forum, and I can’t know for sure the Propecia caused it. However, I feel strongly about it enough that I have not used Propecia since, and I am now almost 24.

Over ten years without a single side effect. Just to balance things out.

I don’t see how finasteride would cause Peyronie’s. Or why anyone 18 years old would be on the drug. Just my observations.

Originally Posted by westla90069
Over ten years without a single side effect. Just to balance things out.

I don’t see how finasteride would cause Peyronie’s. Or why anyone 18 years old would be on the drug. Just my observations.

I do not have typical Peyronie’s like you are probably thinking of. My curve is slight, and my scar tissue is small (I have pics on another post), but my erectile function has never been the same. I am not saying that Propecia is the cause, and I admit I have no evidence. Still for myself, I am staying away from the drug, and giving up Propecia was not something that came easy to me.

I started taking when I was 18 because when I returned home after my first semester in college, family members noticed before I did that I had thinning hair and a raised hairline.

Originally Posted by westla90069
Over ten years without a single side effect. Just to balance things out.

I don’t see how finasteride would cause Peyronie’s. Or why anyone 18 years old would be on the drug. Just my observations.

Do your research. Westla, you say that “you haven’t suffered any side effects?” This means nothing to me. And I’m not trying to be rude- EVERYONE suffers Propecia’s EFFECTS which, in and of itself, are anti-androgenic- Do you understand the mechanics of Propecia? Whether or not you have any “side effects,” the drug still “makes you less of a man” by reducing the conversion of Testosterone to DHT via the 5-Alpha Reductase Type II Enzyme. Also, ask yourself this. “How much do I really know about the basic endocrine system, hormone feedback, and basic hormones in general?” It’s important to know this, if you want to know the mechanics of drugs that so drastically influence who you are (and I mean that in the most literal sense), such as Propecia. If you want to learn about the drug, and why it is so bad, a good place to start is here:

Http://www.propeciahelp.com/forum/

But don’t just click the link and settle. It took me two-three years of my OWN research (I’m 21 by the way) to figure out my own hormone problems, which were caused by Propecia’s brother drug, Accutane (It’s a 5-AR-I enzyme inhibitor), which caused a multitude of sexual side effects, among other things. The pharmaceutical company just pulled it from the market summer 2009. I’m still recovering, although I’m doing excellent. I can’t say the same for the thousands of others who have used these drugs, and have no idea the problems they are undergoing, or why they are suffering. I was lucky to figure this out and make a connection with the help of these forums, and after two-three years, on a mid-summer’s day, I made the connection to Accutane. And finally after seeing 5-7 different doctors (none of them really knew shit; this opened up my eyes to the medical world and the importance of a good doctor and patient/doctor trust), I finally found a great doctor that cares, and knew what the Fuck he was talking about. I haven’t looked back since and will continue to steamroll my way to medical school (you better believe this is my entrance essay).

But I have to be thankful that I found this place (Thundersplace) because that’s how I initially figured out my problems due to Accutane. The first thing I really noticed were sexual problems when I was as young as 18, and after a few years, some PE, some thoughts on a venous leak (wrong diagnosis!), finally found some posts that lead me to believe I had greater problems. Thanks to the help of some members here (big shout outs to Stagestop and StaKool, among others), I connected the dots, realized I had a hormone issue, got my own blood tests at various doctors (none of which had any knowledge), took home and kept copies of my blood tests, analyzed my blood tests, found a forum dedicated to male hormone issues, and figured out my problems were due to Accutane- this was the root cause of my sexual problems, and why I wasn’t gaining, rather, HEALING properly. Or even FUNCTIONING properly.

Jackisback- I am here to help brother. Go check out the forum and search for “Peyronies” and “Scar tissue.” You will be shocked. Don’t be scared of your reality now- you have identified the cause, and now look for a solution. PM me for any questions. Where are you located? Also, I too have the Peyronies you are talking about- a little bit of scar tissue goes a LONG way. I think this was caused by aggressive PE while I was on Accutane my second time- actually, I’m pretty sure. But my final step in my treatment is to really go to a urologist (again; this time I know my situation.) and get it checked out. I’m really not to sure on the procedures for fixing scar tissue. But again, just post here or PM me for any sensitive questions.


I know more about the human body and its functions than you realize. I have had no sexual dysfunctions of any kind and my hormones are normal. I’m sorry you’ve had problems with another drug. This thread is about finasteride.

The propeciahelp site seems to be a place where those who have side effects from finasteride can commiserate and make it seem like it’s the end of the world. I suspect the number of men who have problems with the drug are low compared to those of us who have successfully overcome male pattern baldness.

I post here only to keep a balance. Your experience is not going to be the same one others may have. It’s OK to warn others and tell your story, but to flat out call the drug poison and say that no one should ever take it goes beyond the purpose of a thread like this.

I think it is only right and fair for people to post both positive and negative feedback. I’m not a scientist, so I can only mention the problem I have, I cannot state conclusively the cause. I believe Propecia’s sexual side effects are more long-lasting and widespread than they admit, due to the things I have read at anti-Propecia message boards. Personally, my negative symptoms arose shortly after I took a break from Propecia for a few weeks, then started taking again to “shock my system,” and I have read some others on forums claiming similar timing. However, I would also estimate that the number of users who have problems are statistically small.

A year after I quit, I had blood work done, and I had LH 3.6, Prolactin 11.2 and Testosterone 391, all of which I was told were in a good range. I don’t have any reason to believe Propecia significantly, permanently effected my hormones levels, but I have enough problems with my current condition that I don’t need to throw in any potentially negative variables.

Invictus: thanks for your reply, man. I don’t want to hijack this thread, so here’s a link to my thread. I’d rather communicate all broader information there than through PM, because if I recover, I hope it can help someone else in my situation. I am anonymous, so nothing is too sensitive. I’m no longer stretching though, I’m taking a break now, and I’m going to try light jelqing again.

Peyronies: Trying to Hang With Poor Blood Circulation

To those that did take finastaride, what daily dose did you take?

I have always taken more than the recommended dosage because I buy the 5 mg tablets and cut them into quarters, taking one quarter (approximately 1.25 mg) per day.

Originally Posted by invictus
Do your research. Westla, you say that “you haven’t suffered any side effects?” This means nothing to me. And I’m not trying to be rude- EVERYONE suffers Propecia’s EFFECTS which, in and of itself, are anti-androgenic- Do you understand the mechanics of Propecia? Whether or not you have any “side effects,” the drug still “makes you less of a man” by reducing the conversion of Testosterone to DHT via the 5-Alpha Reductase Type II Enzyme. Also, ask yourself this. “How much do I really know about the basic endocrine system, hormone feedback, and basic hormones in general?” It’s important to know this, if you want to know the mechanics of drugs that so drastically influence who you are (and I mean that in the most literal sense), such as Propecia. If you want to learn about the drug, and why it is so bad, a good place to start is here:

Http://www.propeciahelp.com/forum/

But don’t just click the link and settle. It took me two-three years of my OWN research (I’m 21 by the way) to figure out my own hormone problems, which were caused by Propecia’s brother drug, Accutane (It’s a 5-AR-I enzyme inhibitor), which caused a multitude of sexual side effects, among other things. The pharmaceutical company just pulled it from the market summer 2009. I’m still recovering, although I’m doing excellent. I can’t say the same for the thousands of others who have used these drugs, and have no idea the problems they are undergoing, or why they are suffering. I was lucky to figure this out and make a connection with the help of these forums, and after two-three years, on a mid-summer’s day, I made the connection to Accutane. And finally after seeing 5-7 different doctors (none of them really knew shit; this opened up my eyes to the medical world and the importance of a good doctor and patient/doctor trust), I finally found a great doctor that cares, and knew what the Fuck he was talking about. I haven’t looked back since and will continue to steamroll my way to medical school (you better believe this is my entrance essay).

But I have to be thankful that I found this place (Thundersplace) because that’s how I initially figured out my problems due to Accutane. The first thing I really noticed were sexual problems when I was as young as 18, and after a few years, some PE, some thoughts on a venous leak (wrong diagnosis!), finally found some posts that lead me to believe I had greater problems. Thanks to the help of some members here (big shout outs to Stagestop and StaKool, among others), I connected the dots, realized I had a hormone issue, got my own blood tests at various doctors (none of which had any knowledge), took home and kept copies of my blood tests, analyzed my blood tests, found a forum dedicated to male hormone issues, and figured out my problems were due to Accutane- this was the root cause of my sexual problems, and why I wasn’t gaining, rather, HEALING properly. Or even FUNCTIONING properly.

Jackisback- I am here to help brother. Go check out the forum and search for “Peyronies” and “Scar tissue.” You will be shocked. Don’t be scared of your reality now- you have identified the cause, and now look for a solution. PM me for any questions. Where are you located? Also, I too have the Peyronies you are talking about- a little bit of scar tissue goes a LONG way. I think this was caused by aggressive PE while I was on Accutane my second time- actually, I’m pretty sure. But my final step in my treatment is to really go to a urologist (again; this time I know my situation.) and get it checked out. I’m really not to sure on the procedures for fixing scar tissue. But again, just post here or PM me for any sensitive questions.

Could you expand/comment on your experience with Accutane (I had two cycles with it)? If you’d prefer to respond privately, PM me.


4/2008 Bpel 6.50, Beg 5.5, Mseg 4.9

6/2008 Bpel 6.75, Beg 5.5, Mseg 5.1

9/2008 Bpel 7.00, Beg 5.5, Mseg 5.1

Originally Posted by westla90069
I have always taken more than the recommended dosage because I buy the 5 mg tablets and cut them into quarters, taking one quarter (approximately 1.25 mg) per day.

Ok cheers, have you noticed good results with regrowth? Just a heads up if you’re interested in saving some cash. I’ve recently ordered some generic finastaride (finax £64 for 360 tabs) which comes in 1mg tablets, cheap as hell compared to propecia and even proscar. Also you could get the 5mg tablets (fincar/finast £45 for 100 tabs, 500 once you cut into fifths). Got mine over at unitedpharmacies.

Thanks for that. There may be some who are interested in buying medication without a physician’s prescription from unknown sources made by unkown companies in unknown countries. I’m not one of them. However, others may find the information useful.

Top

All times are GMT. The time now is 08:14 PM.