Thunder's Place

The big penis and mens' sexual health source, increasing penis size around the world.

Join the challenge! Porn detox!

Count me in. I went through a mini-detox earlier this year. I used to watch porn ALL the time, to the point it made getting it up for the real thing damn near impossible. So, I cut it off (it being porn, not my dick) for about two months and things have gotten much better. Night and morning wood returned, I get hard from making out/foreplay without much, if any, manual stimulation.

I used to thin porn was harmless, and still do to some degree. That being said, everything in moderation. If you catch yourself in hour five of an all-day porn fest, you’ve got a problem and need to back off (I.e. Stop for a few months).

Day 5 of my porn detox. I’ve decided to take Free’s thought about sex stories and eliminate it as well. I figured since it actually involved using your imagination (and you use your imagination to get it up without porn, assuming you’re by yourself) that there was no difference.

All I can say is that I can tell that the “ease” of getting an erection has gradually been returning now. The last time I’ve watched porn it took at least five minutes and I knew that wasn’t a good sign. Now without it, it has reduced down to something like 3 minutes. While I am not at the point where I can get a semi from a hot girl walking by, I can tell I’m starting to get back towards it. I always feel a slight “Ooh” going on in my pants now.

I am in mathematics in college right now, and I just found a useful site called Mathbabes (learn math) and all I could see so far is girls in bikinis…but I’m afraid of going any deeper here lol. Sometimes I wonder if seeing a picture of a girl in a swimsuit is bad or not. So far I’m not thinking it is because it can prove to be a useful indicator if things are working or not and there isn’t much to see with a swimsuit. I dunno..


Re-Start 3.10.2011 - BPEL: 6.750" EG: 4.5" | Current 7.3.2011 - BPEL: 7.250" EG: 4.625" | Just made my first 1/2"!

My PE log - My Picture log

Day 38 for me. Feels far removed, yet not in a weird sense. For those of you guys out there trying, don’t tempt yourself with “softer stuff”…it’s a slippery-ass slope. Keep it up guys.


2/11/11: 7.75" BPEL, 6" BSEG, 5.5" MSEG

6/4/11: 8.4" BPEL, 6.375" BSEG, 5.8" MSEG

Just started again, another new measurement coming soon; I'm pretty close to that June '11 though.

Originally Posted by TheStallion
Day 38 for me. Feels far removed, yet not in a weird sense. For those of you guys out there trying, don’t tempt yourself with “softer stuff”…it’s a slippery-ass slope. Keep it up guys.

Any changes? I don’t know if you’re abstaining from masturbation as well, but I’m curious as to how things have gone for you. I know when I was on porn I could walk around all day and not feel aroused when I saw a very attractive woman that I had a few sexual thoughts about. Now that I’m off it I have noticed a few moments of slight arousal given the same situation. I’m just curious as to if anyone else is experiencing this?

The last time I randomly got arousal like that was in high school. I’m still working on trying to get aroused without stimulation though.. It is weird because I remember my imagination being awesome at this stuff when I was younger (or maybe due to hormones it was just easier), but now my imagination can’t do it without stimulation.


Re-Start 3.10.2011 - BPEL: 6.750" EG: 4.5" | Current 7.3.2011 - BPEL: 7.250" EG: 4.625" | Just made my first 1/2"!

My PE log - My Picture log

I have taken a second look at my addiction to porn and realize that I really need to detox and not cut back. If anything I will go on several week long porn fasts at first before anything long term.

I found this site www.yourbrainonporn.com which has some good insight into what’s going on but I don’t necessarily agree we need to avoid all erotic thoughts and live a dull life of abstinence constantly hiding erections like a teenager again.

Originally Posted by WetMayo
Any changes? I don’t know if you’re abstaining from masturbation as well, but I’m curious as to how things have gone for you. I know when I was on porn I could walk around all day and not feel aroused when I saw a very attractive woman that I had a few sexual thoughts about. Now that I’m off it I have noticed a few moments of slight arousal given the same situation. I’m just curious as to if anyone else is experiencing this?

The last time I randomly got arousal like that was in high school. I’m still working on trying to get aroused without stimulation though.. It is weird because I remember my imagination being awesome at this stuff when I was younger (or maybe due to hormones it was just easier), but now my imagination can’t do it without stimulation.

Along with PE, EQ is vastly improved- I attribute at least half of it to the re-sensitization I’m experiencing. I’ve previously been able to abstain for 59 days (I think) last summer. I’m definitely going to blow that away- hopefully forever.

I wake up with big, legitimately rock-solid morning wood, and find myself getting turned on by the simpler things. Sex life with the fiance is great, EQ is getting better and will continue to improve. Although she’s extremely attractive, my EQ was suffering because I was getting high on virtually flawless women in porn for hours a day, and as others know, the desensitization can carry into the real-life bedroom. But I think I’m shaking it all off and am determined to keep it going. She’s definitely noticed a difference too.

I’m not abstaining from masturbation, just cut it back to twice a week. I’m trying to rewire my brain to become used to normal and natural stimulation. In my case, it’s limited masturbation and sex with the wifey. I just have to keep hardwiring this into my brain over the course of months and finally terminate the porn (hopefully forever).

Feel free to ask anything guys, I’m here to hold myself accountable and help whoever else do the same!


2/11/11: 7.75" BPEL, 6" BSEG, 5.5" MSEG

6/4/11: 8.4" BPEL, 6.375" BSEG, 5.8" MSEG

Just started again, another new measurement coming soon; I'm pretty close to that June '11 though.

Originally Posted by TheStallion
Along with PE, EQ is vastly improved- I attribute at least half of it to the re-sensitization I’m experiencing. I’ve previously been able to abstain for 59 days (I think) last summer. I’m definitely going to blow that away- hopefully forever.

I wake up with big, legitimately rock-solid morning wood, and find myself getting turned on by the simpler things. Sex life with the fiance is great, EQ is getting better and will continue to improve. Although she’s extremely attractive, my EQ was suffering because I was getting high on virtually flawless women in porn for hours a day, and as others know, the desensitization can carry into the real-life bedroom. But I think I’m shaking it all off and am determined to keep it going. She’s definitely noticed a difference too.

I’m not abstaining from masturbation, just cut it back to twice a week. I’m trying to rewire my brain to become used to normal and natural stimulation. In my case, it’s limited masturbation and sex with the wifey. I just have to keep hardwiring this into my brain over the course of months and finally terminate the porn (hopefully forever).

Feel free to ask anything guys, I’m here to hold myself accountable and help whoever else do the same!

How long did you say it took about before you go to the point of “getting turned on by the simpler things”?

I’m not abstaining from masturbation either, but I have decided to cut down on it drastically. I’ve read that if I did abstain from masturbation. I’d likely have nocturnal dreams once a month, and I don’t really feel like waking up to goo or anything.


Re-Start 3.10.2011 - BPEL: 6.750" EG: 4.5" | Current 7.3.2011 - BPEL: 7.250" EG: 4.625" | Just made my first 1/2"!

My PE log - My Picture log

Originally Posted by WetMayo
How long did you say it took about before you go to the point of “getting turned on by the simpler things”?

I’m not abstaining from masturbation either, but I have decided to cut down on it drastically. I’ve read that if I did abstain from masturbation. I’d likely have nocturnal dreams once a month, and I don’t really feel like waking up to goo or anything.

After a couple of weeks you’ll start noticing some of that teenage horny-ness come back to life. I’m still not far enough removed to pop a boner from seeing an attractive woman walking down the street, but when I see my fiance in something sexy, I feel like an insatiable sex zombie again. It’s a continuum of sorts and it will probably get better and better as the days “off” pile up. When I was at day 59 last summer (my last day of abstinence), I was so horny it was ridiculous. The reason I broke off, as I’ve previously mentioned, was that I saw Jayden Jaymes on an MTV show and completely fell weak and into a total relapse of biblical proportions.

As far as the masturbation goes, from my experience, abstaining from masturbation is fairly futile and will undoubtedly add to your chances of relapse into porn. The key is to cut back considerably, and just masturbate with your eyes closed like you used to. I do it 2 nights a week, and usually I just close my eyes and think of good visual material from the recent sex I’ve had. It works wonders and is really good at rewiring your brain. When you completely abstain form masturbation AND porn, it’s almost like you’re fucked from the start- your body WILL give in and chances are, it’ll be with porn. The key is not to completely deprive- RE-WIRE.


2/11/11: 7.75" BPEL, 6" BSEG, 5.5" MSEG

6/4/11: 8.4" BPEL, 6.375" BSEG, 5.8" MSEG

Just started again, another new measurement coming soon; I'm pretty close to that June '11 though.

Originally Posted by TheStallion
After a couple of weeks you’ll start noticing some of that teenage horny-ness come back to life. I’m still not far enough removed to pop a boner from seeing an attractive woman walking down the street, but when I see my fiance in something sexy, I feel like an insatiable sex zombie again. It’s a continuum of sorts and it will probably get better and better as the days “off” pile up. When I was at day 59 last summer (my last day of abstinence), I was so horny it was ridiculous. The reason I broke off, as I’ve previously mentioned, was that I saw Jayden Jaymes on an MTV show and completely fell weak and into a total relapse of biblical proportions.

As far as the masturbation goes, from my experience, abstaining from masturbation is fairly futile and will undoubtedly add to your chances of relapse into porn. The key is to cut back considerably, and just masturbate with your eyes closed like you used to. I do it 2 nights a week, and usually I just close my eyes and think of good visual material from the recent sex I’ve had. It works wonders and is really good at rewiring your brain. When you completely abstain form masturbation AND porn, it’s almost like you’re fucked from the start- your body WILL give in and chances are, it’ll be with porn. The key is not to completely deprive- RE-WIRE.

Very interesting stuff. I wonder, if like you mentioned earlier, how porn detox improves morning wood. The brain is definitely a mysterious organ.


Re-Start 3.10.2011 - BPEL: 6.750" EG: 4.5" | Current 7.3.2011 - BPEL: 7.250" EG: 4.625" | Just made my first 1/2"!

My PE log - My Picture log

Originally Posted by freeaccess

That comes back soon - may already have for you by the time you read this. It came back for me around day 5. I’ve also heard that it can come and go for the first 2 months while you adjust, but mine has come back to stay for the last two weeks+ so far.

Day 5:

I had no intention of having sex, no sex drive. My kind wife got all sexed up and gave me a sexy massage with no pressure of sex, just relaxation.

Well, we got it on like Donkey Kong and my recent ED issues were gone! Next day I fell of the detox wagon though. I’m trying, I’m trying!


Spruce

Start Date Nov 05 2006: BPEL (5.50) NBPEL (5.0) E .Girth(4.75) F. Length(4.00) F. Girth(4.25)

Last Meas June 14 2007: BPEL (7) NBPEL (6) E .Girth(5.50) F. Length(4.125) F. Girth(4.50)

Originally Posted by spruce
Day 5:
I had no intention of having sex, no sex drive. My kind wife got all sexed up and gave me a sexy massage with no pressure of sex, just relaxation.
Well, we got it on like Donkey Kong and my recent ED issues were gone! Next day I fell of the detox wagon though. I’m trying, I’m trying!

CURSE YOUR WIFE FOR GETTING ALL SEXED UP! Haha just kidding. That is great stuff that your ED has been improving.

Day 6 for me now. I have been noticing a larger increase in looking at women sexually now. I can’t help but look at the chest and butts of women that walk by. I’m starting to worry that I’m not being as indiscreet anymore either because it has been a while since I had to do it. Heart rate also goes up when I see one that really gets my blood boiling. Yesterday, in the campus cafeteria, I saw this one girl that would probably have made everyone on the forum here bust a nut in a second. She was wearing a shirt that showed her cleavage, but every step she took those funbags shook like an earthquake was hitting us. I was extremely tempted at porn there, but I held off.

I’ll probably have to buy a pair of those reflective sunglasses. :X

KEEP IT UP GUYS!


Re-Start 3.10.2011 - BPEL: 6.750" EG: 4.5" | Current 7.3.2011 - BPEL: 7.250" EG: 4.625" | Just made my first 1/2"!

My PE log - My Picture log

Originally Posted by spruce
Day 5:
I had no intention of having sex, no sex drive. My kind wife got all sexed up and gave me a sexy massage with no pressure of sex, just relaxation.
Well, we got it on like Donkey Kong and my recent ED issues were gone! Next day I fell of the detox wagon though. I’m trying, I’m trying!

Don’t judge yourself! There’s nothing to be ashamed of. Good for you- enjoying relaxed, passionate sex with your WIFE. Try to realize that this is where your sexual desire should be- not the distorted and fake stuff on the computer. Try to identify your triggers and work to thwart/eliminate them. Great job- I’m proud of you. Keep it up!


2/11/11: 7.75" BPEL, 6" BSEG, 5.5" MSEG

6/4/11: 8.4" BPEL, 6.375" BSEG, 5.8" MSEG

Just started again, another new measurement coming soon; I'm pretty close to that June '11 though.

Originally Posted by WetMayo
CURSE YOUR WIFE FOR GETTING ALL SEXED UP! Haha just kidding. That is great stuff that your ED has been improving.

Day 6 for me now. I have been noticing a larger increase in looking at women sexually now. I can’t help but look at the chest and butts of women that walk by. I’m starting to worry that I’m not being as indiscreet anymore either because it has been a while since I had to do it. Heart rate also goes up when I see one that really gets my blood boiling. Yesterday, in the campus cafeteria, I saw this one girl that would probably have made everyone on the forum here bust a nut in a second. She was wearing a shirt that showed her cleavage, but every step she took those funbags shook like an earthquake was hitting us. I was extremely tempted at porn there, but I held off.

I’ll probably have to buy a pair of those reflective sunglasses. :X

KEEP IT UP GUYS!

Yeah Mayo, this is basically what I was trying to communicate to you yesterday. These things will start happening more often. In fact, it seems to be coming back to you pretty effortlessly. Next time you get the urge to jerk off, don’t go to the computer. Just close your eyes and think of that girl in the cafeteria. EARTHQUAKE! Keep it up!


2/11/11: 7.75" BPEL, 6" BSEG, 5.5" MSEG

6/4/11: 8.4" BPEL, 6.375" BSEG, 5.8" MSEG

Just started again, another new measurement coming soon; I'm pretty close to that June '11 though.

Originally Posted by TheStallion
Yeah Mayo, this is basically what I was trying to communicate to you yesterday. These things will start happening more often. In fact, it seems to be coming back to you pretty effortlessly. Next time you get the urge to jerk off, don’t go to the computer. Just close your eyes and think of that girl in the cafeteria. EARTHQUAKE! Keep it up!

Haha, you’re right. What I find interesting is how porn has “tamed” those types of feelings from happening. I don’t know if you saw the movie “Something about Mary”, but there is a scene where Ben Stiller’s best friend in the movie tells him to choke the chicken before a date, so that if they have sex, he won’t come very easily. I think porn worked the same way. We all probably remember a time where we’d be nervous about popping a woody in a public, and that was something we did not want to face. Here the porn played the part of “choking the chicken” because all the viewing of porn has desensitized us to the point where seeing something like that in public had no reaction. On some level a guy likes this because if he is with a woman it can show that “you gotta be sexy enough to get me up”, but really it goes too far and can get you to the point where you have to be pretty extreme to get it up.


Re-Start 3.10.2011 - BPEL: 6.750" EG: 4.5" | Current 7.3.2011 - BPEL: 7.250" EG: 4.625" | Just made my first 1/2"!

My PE log - My Picture log

Day 14

Still going strong. I have had some thoughts that I wanted to post up here which may be beneficial to others who are thinking about cutting back.

First off, I think most people who have started their detox can agree that the first 5 days or so are boooorrring. This is probably more true if you’re used to hours and hours of porn per day, like I was. It was hard to pull myself through the tedium, and that was when the craving to watch porn was the worst. This did go away though, and after 5 days I felt much better in general. I’m still a little unmotivated, probably from my desensitization to dopamine (which is like the motivation chemical), however it is definitely coming back.

Secondly, I’d like to address what I believe was one of the impediments to me detoxing completely earlier. I used to think of porn as a way to train myself for sex. If I could deal with intense stimulation from porn for hours and hours, I could deal with intense stimulation during sex for hours as well. I was concerned that cutting back on the porn completely would mean that I would lose my stamina, and blow my load in seconds. This has turned out to be wrong on both counts. First off, the porn didn’t train me very well for sex, because instead of ultimately making sex better (by making me last longer) it just made it more worse (harder to get and keep an erection). What I <b>may</b> have gained in stamina was totally outweighed by what I lost in EQ. Furthermore, I have been with a woman several times since beginning my detox, and it has been outstanding. I have not lost any stamina as far as I can tell, but (on the positive side) I get an erection very easily and can keep it up while changing positions, which used to be difficult. I would say that it would stay hard for over a minute if I needed it to, even without any stimulation. This has been great for my partner, since she gets turned on by how hard I am in the beginning as well as not having to worry about switching positions so quickly like we used to.

I also wanted to address something that TheGreatDivider brought up:

Originally Posted by TheGreatDivider
I found this site www.yourbrainonporn.com which has some good insight into what’s going on but I don’t necessarily agree we need to avoid all erotic thoughts and live a dull life of abstinence constantly hiding erections like a teenager again.


I’ve been championing this site since I started my detox because it is what lead to my decision to quit. Most sites out there about quitting porn are very religious in nature, and that reasoning did not appeal to me. This site take a more scientific approach to the problem, and with this understanding I was able to have sufficient motivation to quit. I agree that the site seems to push a stricter standard for detox than most people work on (for instance, they suggest that you do not masturbate at all during the detox period), however they do make allowances and offer alternatives for people who disagree with their approach (if you must masturbate, avoid any porn fantasies and focus more on the physical feelings). I don’t think they advocate avoiding erotic thoughts or living a life of abstinence at all, however. All the material and videos that I have seen actually advocates having sex with your partner, and focuses on quitting porn to facilitate that.

One final thing regarding something that spruce said:

Originally Posted by spruce
Day 5:
I had no intention of having sex, no sex drive. My kind wife got all sexed up and gave me a sexy massage with no pressure of sex, just relaxation.
Well, we got it on like Donkey Kong and my recent ED issues were gone! Next day I fell of the detox wagon though. I’m trying, I’m trying!


It’s hard, but try not to feel guilty, ashamed, or angry at yourself if you fall off the wagon. Just pick up and move forward again. According to material at www.yourbrainonporn.com, strong emotional reactions serve to reinforce a memory. As a result, it will become harder for you to kick it. It’s great that you’ve seen results already from just 5 days of detox, so just focus on that for motivation to keep going!


Current: 190x158 (mm) or 7.48" x 6.20"

Goal: Just growing.

Top

All times are GMT. The time now is 08:48 AM.