Thunder's Place

The big penis and mens' sexual health source, increasing penis size around the world.

Hypogonadism, Testosterone and PE

123

Hi,

Do you know how much free testosterone you got pr. nmol/L?

I’m finally making some progress on my testosterone issues. I’ve done a ton of research and believe I have adult onset idiopathic hypogonadotropic hypogonadism. We’ll see if my new endo concurs when I see her next week.

I’m going to push for the non-traditional route of treatment and hopefully start with Clomid. A lot of the research shows that it’s possible to reverse the problems I have entirely and not have to have lifelong treatment. I’m hoping that’s how it goes with me. Mostly though, I’m hoping to get my testosterone back in optimal range so that I can feel better and look better.

Originally Posted by midthigh
I’m finally making some progress on my testosterone issues. I’ve done a ton of research and believe I have adult onset idiopathic hypogonadotropic hypogonadism. We’ll see if my new endo concurs when I see her next week.

I’m going to push for the non-traditional route of treatment and hopefully start with Clomid. A lot of the research shows that it’s possible to reverse the problems I have entirely and not have to have lifelong treatment. I’m hoping that’s how it goes with me. Mostly though, I’m hoping to get my testosterone back in optimal range so that I can feel better and look better.

You should definitely try out treatment with clomiphene first. Print out the pubmed articles I posted if needed to convince your endo.

I got a proven signficant testosterone boost from clomiphene treatment, but my free testosterone suffered. I did however notice the effect on my body. However, the effect seemed to wear off after a while and my libido never improved greatly (which could be due to surpressed E2).

That said, I don`t know for sure if it is low testosterone that is the actual cause of my symptoms.

Good luck!

Originally Posted by Titleist
I’ve been on TRT for about three months now. I’d recommend all men over 30 have their levels tested. I know it sounds young but why wait until you notice a problem that’s hard to detect/notice.

I’ve never felt better. I inject once a week and amazed at how easy it is to do. I’ve had no nut atrophy, anger or acne. Lot of wood and my musculature is changing. I worked out six days a week before so I’m not sure if it’s my new routine or the sufficient amount of testosterone in my system.

I`m happy for you, Titleist! :)

Could you say exactly what your protocol is? Do you just take injections? Do you take HCG as well?

Is there any particular reason you have low testosterone levels?

Are the injections painful? If I`m going to start with TRT, I think I would prefer injections and not gel/cream.

Originally Posted by Vikingwhore
Hi,

Do you know how much free testosterone you got pr. nmol/L?

Question still stands and would really appreciate an answer if you got it. And I am not here to discuss anything or point fingers, just curious due to having my blood and test levels checked for 5 years straight, how low do you need to be to qualify for TRT treatment?


Last edited by Vikingwhore : 10-05-2011 at .

Originally Posted by Renholder
I`m happy for you, Titleist! :)

Could you say exactly what your protocol is? Do you just take injections? Do you take HCG as well?

Is there any particular reason you have low testosterone levels?

Are the injections painful? If I`m going to start with TRT, I think I would prefer injections and not gel/cream.

I inject twice a week. It’s the only thing I’m using now. My doctor prescribed HCG, but insurance doesn’t cover it yet.

My levels are low because I only have one good testicle. One was undescended at birth and it wasn’t caught in time. It never really grew.

The injections don’t hurt at all.


Started 7.75x5.75

Currently: 9.75bpX6.75eg My Picture Thread

Goal:10.0bpX7.25mseg Building a thicker unit, click by click, pump by pump, jelq by jelq!

Hi Titleist, do you remember your test levels and what was the limit you had to be at for getting the treatment?

I’m a one testicle wonder myself, due to cancer and my free testosterone levels has been around 15 nmol/L, but doc said it was normal( is it low??)especially when training but have never had anything to compare it with as not every person gets their hormone levels checked out.

Originally Posted by Vikingwhore
Hi Titleist, do you remember your test levels and what was the limit you had to be at for getting the treatment?

I’m a one testicle wonder myself, due to cancer and my free testosterone levels has been around 15 nmol/L, but doc said it was normal( is it low??)especially when training but have never had anything to compare it with as not every person gets their hormone levels checked out.

I’ll have to get my lab results out to let you know. I remember I was a little under 400 on a scale of 0-1200. I was a 125 points lower than other men my age. He said let’s try it and see if you feel better. Feel better? I feel 25 years old again, I’m 43.


Started 7.75x5.75

Currently: 9.75bpX6.75eg My Picture Thread

Goal:10.0bpX7.25mseg Building a thicker unit, click by click, pump by pump, jelq by jelq!

Ok, appreciate the response Titleist and let me know when ever you can.

Glad to hear it worked so well for you, must be quite the sensation.

Originally Posted by Titleist
I inject twice a week. It’s the only thing I’m using now. My doctor prescribed HCG, but insurance doesn’t cover it yet.

My levels are low because I only have one good testicle. One was undescended at birth and it wasn’t caught in time. It never really grew.

The injections don’t hurt at all.

Thanks, Titleist.

Sounds great!

How were your condition before you started TRT? From the little I`ve read from you here, you did not exactly strike me as a low testosterone guy.

What makes me a little hesitant to start TRT (since it is for life and may impact fertility) is that I don`t know 100% sure if it is what I need. Although I`m feeling lousy on average, I do experience periods where I`m ON. I guess that could simply be a testosterone spike. Did you experience that?

Vikingwhore,

Are you from Europe?

15 nmol/l is within the range and considered “normal”. It is not high though, but I would not be considering TRT based on that reading alone. If however you feel lousy and have the corresponding symptoms, that makes it worth looking into. You need to visit an endocrinologist who knows what he`s doing. Generally speaking, family doctors are clueless about the endocrine system and the functioning of the HPTA. My family doctor googled “testosterone” in front of my very eyes.

What truly matters is your free testosterone levels. It is also a complex interplay of the other hormones that is beyond my grasp to understand or attempt to explain. Balance is the key. Suppressed E2 for instance may destroy your libido.

Originally Posted by Renholder
Thanks, Titleist.

Sounds great!

How were your condition before you started TRT? From the little I`ve read from you here, you did not exactly strike me as a low testosterone guy.

What makes me a little hesitant to start TRT (since it is for life and may impact fertility) is that I don`t know 100% sure if it is what I need. Although I`m feeling lousy on average, I do experience periods where I`m ON. I guess that could simply be a testosterone spike. Did you experience that?

You there, Titleist? :)

I would also be interested in hearing any news from the other guys who were struggling. Any progress or changes? Did anyone try clomiphene?

Originally Posted by Renholder
You there, Titleist? :)

I would also be interested in hearing any news from the other guys who were struggling. Any progress or changes? Did anyone try clomiphene?

I have not tried clomiphene.

My TRT is going well. I’ve noticed my morning wood increasing and lasting longer.


Started 7.75x5.75

Currently: 9.75bpX6.75eg My Picture Thread

Goal:10.0bpX7.25mseg Building a thicker unit, click by click, pump by pump, jelq by jelq!

Originally Posted by Titleist
My TRT is going well. I’ve noticed my morning wood increasing and lasting longer.

Glad to hear it. Did you get started on HCG as well?

I would also be interested in hearing how your state was before you started on TRT? Were you feeling terrible or just generally down? Did you lack morning wood?

Thanks,

Renholder

Top
123

All times are GMT. The time now is 01:46 AM.