Thunder's Place

The big penis and mens' sexual health source, increasing penis size around the world.

Rogaine

Saw Palmetto

I have had a lot of success with Saw Palmetto. I take 320mg a day of the extract, with a meal. I also take ultra hair max, with msm. That, along with Dr Proctor’s NANO shampoo, has virtually stopped my hairloss. Before, I had tried Propecia, which made my hair fall out like crazy! Rogaine seems pointless to me, as it doesn’t stop the cause of hairloss, DHT. Rather it just helps with circulation, so if you stop the rogaine, you lose what you gain plus what you would have lost had you not used the rogaine. If you stop a dht blocker, the hairloss just begins again, but no massive fallout. My advice, don’t waste your money on some clinic, go out and take saw palmetto, and a good hair vitamiin. That should cost you around 30 bucks a month. If you are looking for some regrowth, then try minoxidil. Also i used to frequent www.hairsite.com. Its a great resource, kind of like a Thundersplace for hairloss.

Originally Posted by mcnitro
If this is true you’re born under a lucky star! I’ve never seen anybody that looks quite as good as he does with wearing the meatcap! I think the main problem is the shape of your head and your neck. Thick and round is great but an egg shaped head will make you look worse. If I looked like Willis I’d give a fuck about going bald!

mcn

I’m not so lucky. You have to use your imagination to see my resemblance to Bruce Willis. I’m kind of like Bruce with more hair, but less charm, not quite so handsome, no cute dimply smirk, and much less cash. There is a reason he is a world famous multimillionare, and I am, well,…mravg!


Horny Bastard

Originally Posted by TylerD
Rogaine seems pointless to me, as it doesn’t stop the cause of hairloss, DHT. Rather it just helps with circulation, so if you stop the rogaine, you lose what you gain plus what you would have lost had you not used the rogaine. If you stop a dht blocker, the hairloss just begins again, but no massive fallout.

How do you come to that conclusion? Any evidence?

Quote
If you are looking for some regrowth, then try minoxidil.

You just called Rogaine pointless, then recommended it. Do you know Rogaine = minoxidil?


Horny Bastard

Rogaine does more than improve circulation it keeps the hair follicle in a growing state.


I haven't failed, I've found 10,000 ways that don't work. Thomas Edison (1847-1931)

Let me clarify. Rogaine will grow hair, but you have to keep using it the rest of your life, or the results will go away. As far as evidence, I am not a doctor, but a few different dermatologists have told me this, and a couple of my friends experienced the massive fallout once discontinuing rogaine. When I stopped saw palmetto for 6 months, my hair loss started back up again, but nothing different than the rate of loss I was having before starting saw palmetto.

Hay TylerD,

Thank you for the Saw palmetto information,

How exactly do you take this is it a pill? Where would you recommend purchasing this?
Does it have any side effects?

You also mentioned you take ultra hair max, with msm? What is this? Could you provide abit more detail?

My biggest worry is exactly what you have stated, I understand that you need to keep taking Minox for as long as you want to keep your hair once you stop it starts to fall out,

Once again what advanced hair offered me was,

Laser to produce blood flow, and get my hair growing more faster than usual, minox to rub on my head to keep it there once it is regenerated. Some topical which I not 100% sure what it is, there own shampoo and Serenoa which is also called Saw palmetto in a pill form daily.

Like I said my worry is this is not that it is expensive, but it is not cheap, rogian will cost about 100 dollars for 4 months (if I use advancedhair brand it will cost 100 dollars a month) shampoo 20, Seronoa will cost 35, so it all starts to add up.

TylerD I’m interested in any other information you could give me about stopping your hair.

How old are you if you don’t mind me asking?

Originally Posted by TylerD
Let me clarify. Rogaine will grow hair, but you have to keep using it the rest of your life, or the results will go away. As far as evidence, I am not a doctor, but a few different dermatologists have told me this, and a couple of my friends experienced the massive fallout once discontinuing rogaine. When I stopped saw palmetto for 6 months, my hair loss started back up again, but nothing different than the rate of loss I was having before starting saw palmetto.

If you stop Rogaine, I don’t see why hair loss would be greater than if you stopped propecia. Either way, you will just return to the physiological state you were in before starting either drug. ?


Horny Bastard

Dragon

You can by generic 5% rogaine for 39 bucks it comes with three bottles if you do it twice a day it will last three months if your like me and do it once a day it will last 6 months so that’s less than 7 bucks a month.


I haven't failed, I've found 10,000 ways that don't work. Thomas Edison (1847-1931)

$40 US = about $54 Austrailian, so Dragon, you should be able to find better prices.


Horny Bastard

Dragon,

I buy both the saw palmetto, and ultra hair from Vitamin Shoppe. If they don’t have a store near you, you can get it from them online or from many other retailers. The saw palmetto I use is 320 mg extract, I take it once a day. The ultra hair, its basically a multivitamin geared towards healthy hair, its got good stuff like biotin, and zinc, etc. Stopping hairloss is very specific to the individual person. Propecia works for most people, it didn’t work for me. I’d check out www.hairsite.com and chat with some of the guys there on the forums, they are very knowledgeable. The most important thing you need to do is stop the dht from withering your hair follicles, which is what Propecia is supposed to do, and is what saw palmetto and beta sistosterol does. Products like minoxidil and the laser will not stop the underlying cause of your hairloss, but they may aid in growth (as long as your hair follicle is not completely withered away) by improving circulation. Minoxidil will temporarily engorge your follicle, but it won’t stop the dht from shrinking it. Thus if you want to stop the root cause, you need to take care of the dht.

Originally Posted by TylerD
The most important thing you need to do is stop the dht from withering your hair follicles, which is what Propecia is supposed to do, and is what saw palmetto and beta sistosterol does. Products like minoxidil and the laser will not stop the underlying cause of your hairloss, but they may aid in growth (as long as your hair follicle is not completely withered away) by improving circulation. Minoxidil will temporarily engorge your follicle, but it won’t stop the dht from shrinking it. Thus if you want to stop the root cause, you need to take care of the dht.

That seems to make sense, but I think I would rather try to attack DHT at the scalp rather than messing with my hormones throughout my body. In other words, I am going to try the nizoral shampoo and spironolactone, instad of taking a DHT blocking pill like saw palmetto or Propecia.


Horny Bastard

Originally Posted by mravg
That seems to make sense, but I think I would rather try to attack DHT at the scalp rather than messing with my hormones throughout my body. In other words, I am going to try the nizoral shampoo and spironolactone, instad of taking a DHT blocking pill like saw palmetto or Propecia.

Time out! I take a lot of Saw Palmentto a day for my prostate, not that I need it, but because I am PEing to include edging. Is this a bad thing?

It’s supposed to block DHT (dihydro testosterone) similar to the Propecia and proscar do. (Both are used for baldness and for prostate). Anything that messes with your hormone levels could cause side effects, although they say most peole don’t notice any negative effects. Some guys get side effects like loss of sex drive. If it doesn’t effect your sex drive, I wouldn’t worry about it.


Horny Bastard

No it hasn’t affected my sex drive, or has it? If I stop taking it, I too may become a ‘Horny Bastard’

mravg at least you have been paying attention to us. Topical DHT blockers from Dr Lee’s site is the way to go. The first two pages of this thread has the most knowledge after that it kind of fades away from the real info.

Top

All times are GMT. The time now is 05:49 AM.